User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Some things never change
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If those are witches imagine how long I'd last in Africa.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Humans can be as evil as the devil sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Africa wins again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some things never change
View Quote

they just need some hope. We should send them some.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
So a mob rounded up some old people that couldn't fight back and burned them alive, while beating them with sticks or anything else they could find, for being "witches".  Yeah, stay classy Africa.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Identify village.  Carpet bomb village.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
World Star Hip Hop, Kenya Style.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My magic 8-ball tells me I have nothing to gain from watching that video.  I listen to my magic 8-ball.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My magic 8-ball tells me I have nothing to gain from watching that video.  I listen to my magic 8-ball.
View Quote

you'll learn Africans can't build a proper fire and pick on the weak and feeble
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. They couldn't even get that right.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Disgusting.  I couldn't even make it through the whole thing
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I watched the whole video and kept noticing this theme that they suck at making fires.  You know a pretty simple thing to do which explains why they don't have concrete sidewalks there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
It takes a village.

Coming soon to a village near you.

Probably those victims knew they could not fight or run, just had to accept it.  Even possible they had participated in the torture of other people previously.  On the other hand, what if they really were guilty  of some serious crime?  But probably, this was just stress relief for the group.  Bet they all felt good about themselves afterwards, especially the particulary active ones.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already knew that.  Magic 8-ball wins again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Fucking animals.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Those guys REALLY suck at burning people!

Europeans had the good sense to bind the condemned person's hands and secure them to a stake.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Fucking animals.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So much potential for greatness on that continent...
View Quote

In all seriousness, there truly is potential for it to be a great place.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's most likely why Africa is Africa today.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#22]
97% of them voted for Obama!
So.....when the reckoning comes.....you'll have a 97% chance of being right!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so lets start giving."

View Quote

thats the exact line that popped up into my head when I first saw the video...
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, there's not.  If history has taught us anything, is that it takes virtue for a "place" to be truly great.  that continent is ludicrously short of virtue or morals.  It'll never be great. infinite money, infinite aid, infinite whatever,  there will still be stealing, looting, genocides,  mass killings,  etc.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
What smells like BBQ?
Save me some
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You'd damn sure not see me sitting in that fucking pit letting myself get burned alive. Hell no.
View Quote

not so much a pit really. Just a large ditch.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

no, there's not.  If history has taught us anything, is that it takes virtue for a "place" to be truly great.  that continent is ludicrously short of virtue or morals.  It'll never be great. infinite money, infinite aid, infinite whatever,  there will still be stealing, looting, genocides,  mass killings,  etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to the land and natural resources.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Obama family reunion?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Ureal
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They look so civilized with their t-shirts and pants on.

The chimpanzee vid is fake.
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Man.  It sure looks like we need to send them some more money and resources.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got 99 problems but a witch ain't one.
View Quote

I saw that on a shirt yesterday.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty distinct similarity to the "knockout game" videos that are all the rage in Obongo's cities....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
AK47, so easy a monkey can do it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So a mob rounded up some old people that couldn't fight back and burned them alive, while beating them with sticks or anything else they could find, for being "witches".  Yeah, stay classy Africa.
View Quote

Village stoning. So they're a couple of hundred years behind us. It's better than another type of society (dedicated to the moon) that's 1400 years behind the rest of the industrialized world.

ETA: I guess I should factor in the lynchings w/ burnings so 40 years behind us.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Sort of reminds me of a stoning that I saw in Senegal when I was 12-13. I wanted to try and stop it but my 12-16 year old Senegalese friends stopped me. They kept telling me that "Allah willed it". I still have dreams about it but they probably saved my life. I am certain that they would have stoned me for interfering.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Identify village.  Carpet bomb Napalm village.
View Quote

Fight fire with fire.....let them all burn.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#40]
3rd World + "Democracy" = FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Seems that was just a case of mob mentality escalading violence if you ask me. A group of young thugs singles out some victims that are unable to defend themselves and then do ever escalading violent acts on them to the point of death. Meanwhile a large crowd that could clearly have been strong enough to stop them sat around and just watched. Makes me wonder if it wasn't a group of drug henchmen with AKs terrorizing a village for the fun of it? It all left me with two thoughts:
1. evil is still alive and well in the world
2. mob mentality can happen anywhere and for those that doubt it could happen here... go watch vid of the LA riots and particularly the truck driver.

I think most of us are prepared for violent acts gun wise but I wonder how many of us are prepared mentally for it? Not just violence against us but violence against others... do we stand by and do nothing or do we fight for what is right?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Probably didnt help that they were old and had the shit repeatedly kicked and beaten out of them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watched machete fight!Watched chainsaw Drug runners!
Watched many other examples of human stupidity!

Not watching this....

It's not that bad, not graphic really. Almost looks staged cause dudes just lay in the pit and are like "yeah, whatever, this sucks "

Probably didnt help that they were old and had the shit repeatedly kicked and beaten out of them

Probably not able to offer much resistance with a concussion and battered limbs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#44]

The pensioners being burned alive as witches by their own FAMILIES... so they can profit from lucrative land

Land owner Sadaka Muruu, 100, 'dragged naked from her home by relatives'
But councillor arrived in time to save woman and drove her to rescue centre
Cllr Teddy Mwambire's probe finds relatives can arrange killing for only £30
Shocking video emerged in 2009 showing five villagers burned in Nyamataro

By MARK DUELL
PUBLISHED: 12:10 EST, 4 November 2012 | UPDATED: 12:51 EST, 4 November 2012

Growing desires for land along Kenya’s Indian Ocean coastline are allegedly causing a rise in ‘witch lynchings’ by residents to intimidate their elderly relatives who own the title deeds of desirable areas.
Sadaka Muruu, 100, who owns 12 acres of sought-after land in coastal Kilifi county, claimed she was told by her grandchildren that they would burn her alive after investors asked about purchasing it.
The frightened grandmother was allegedly dragged naked from her home in January by relatives who had turned up without notice, and told neighbours they had caught her doing witchcraft.

But she was saved at the last minute by local councillor Teddy Mwambire, who drove her away to a rescue centre for elderly men and women accused of witchcraft, reported the Sunday Times.
Others have suffered a much-worse fate, with more than 50 people aged over 60 lynched this year over witchcraft accusations. Seven were killed in Cllr Mwambire’s district in Kilifi alone this summer.

Some were burned to death in front of villagers. Other victims were fatally hit with machetes - such as Thomas Barawa, 79, who died in August just four weeks after his wife suffered the same fate.
Cllr Mwambire led an independent probe into witchcraft and found relatives can arrange a killing for the equivalent of only £30.

Relatives are the top suspects in almost all of the killings. But police are struggling to bring cases to court because they cannot get anybody to give evidence.
Most victims who escape death and end up at guarded rescue centres are too scared to ever return home as they risk death if their angry relatives see them again, reported the Sunday Times.
Many poor communities in the African country rely on spiritual healers, sorcery and black magic.
Three years ago uproar was caused after a video emerged on the internet showing five people burned in the village of Nyamataro, Kisii, in the west of Kenya, over witchcraft allegations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227693/Elderly-Kenyans-burned-alive-witches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html#ixzz2n7BWu8Cr
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's interesting to me that, the continent that scholars say is the birthplace of man hasn't changed much since then.  It seems that the patterns of movement they claim have those who travel the farthest being the most civilized, while those who stayed behind being the least.  Now, it could be that those cultures who travel the most learn the most, or maybe they were already civilized, just trying to get the hell away from the "family."
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't even have the words for this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Boggles my mind that the world is advanced enough for there to be a digital recording of this, but there are still people who
believe in witches and witchcraft
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Return to Africa's Witch Children

A story of an estimated 15,000 children in Africa's Niger Delta being denounced by Christian pastors as witches and wizards and then killed, tortured or abandoned by their own families.
Two-and-a-half-year-old Ellin is one such child. Found at the side of the road, her body having been severely burnt with boiling water. Nwanakwo, eight years old, had acid poured over him after being labeled a wizard, and later died.
Return to Africa's Witch Children is a documentary that follows the work of Gary Foxcroft, an Englishman whose charity, Stepping Stones, raises funds to help care for more than 150 children accused of witchcraft, and blamed for catastrophes, death and famine. Narrated by Sophie Okonedo.

Watch the documentary
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Before I pass judgement I'd like to know if this is having any real effect on the instances of witchcraft over there.

If you'll remember we, as a country, went to pretty extreme measures to eradicate it here as well. You cannot stand idle in the face of evil.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top