Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 115
Next Page
2/5/2023 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:


Thanks, I'm reading it to come up to speed on the brouhaha.

Goatboy made a couple of posts and one included this statement: Brownells isn't our parent company, they are another company run entirely apart from us. Different leaders, structure, etc.

Has there been a change in ARFCOM not previously discussed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which page of the locked thread did Karl make his appearance? Thx


32


Thanks, I'm reading it to come up to speed on the brouhaha.

Goatboy made a couple of posts and one included this statement: Brownells isn't our parent company, they are another company run entirely apart from us. Different leaders, structure, etc.

Has there been a change in ARFCOM not previously discussed?
No.  That's the way it always was.
2/5/2023 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That YouTube debate is being won quite nicely by Russel.

He strawmanned it into a LGBTQ argument and really it’s a socialist revolutionary debate.
2/5/2023 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:


Karl gets like $10 on every sale or something like that.
View Quote


Russell has posted elsewhere it is 5 percent.  That may be a split between Karl and Ian, but each rifle would 80 bucks or so at 1700 bucks a rifle.  I believe he mentioned sales of over 1k in rifles from Brownells.  So there is some scratch out there.  
2/5/2023 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:


Thanks, I'm reading it to come up to speed on the brouhaha.

Goatboy made a couple of posts and one included this statement: Brownells isn't our parent company, they are another company run entirely apart from us. Different leaders, structure, etc.

Has there been a change in ARFCOM not previously discussed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which page of the locked thread did Karl make his appearance? Thx


32


Thanks, I'm reading it to come up to speed on the brouhaha.

Goatboy made a couple of posts and one included this statement: Brownells isn't our parent company, they are another company run entirely apart from us. Different leaders, structure, etc.

Has there been a change in ARFCOM not previously discussed?


And WOW -  username @DrRob made his first post ever since joining almost 22 years ago! That's some necro account
2/5/2023 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.

Nor did anyone say *all* gays are groomers. It's a classic lefty tactic, criticize certain shitbags in a group and they accuse you of attacking the entire group.
2/5/2023 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.
View Quote


I guess honesty and reading comprehension aren't really his strengths.
2/5/2023 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
That YouTube debate is being won quite nicely by Russel.

He strawmanned it into a LGBTQ argument and really it's a socialist revolutionary debate.
View Quote
It's an internet slap fight that a few people are even watching. Ultimately nobody wins, except those that are entertained.
2/5/2023 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're deliberately egging on people to get them to that point all while doing the very thing you claim to be a victim off.  Knock it off and go somewhere else.


https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/fmREDACT_JPG-2699794.JPG



Well done.
2/5/2023 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:
He didn't really do anything, except clarify that he was looking forward to working with Brownells. I don't want to get super speculative but that would make me think that he has his own ideas in mind, separate from the others. Maybe they had a falling out in private? Who knows? It would be smart for him to just leave it at that. I'm not personally interested in seeing or demanding a theatrical "He was my business partner! I can't believe he would act like that!" PR post. They never end up feeling genuine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


I'm glad someone put up a screenshot before the edit.  Sorry gun Jesus, you were busted.
He didn't really do anything, except clarify that he was looking forward to working with Brownells. I don't want to get super speculative but that would make me think that he has his own ideas in mind, separate from the others. Maybe they had a falling out in private? Who knows? It would be smart for him to just leave it at that. I'm not personally interested in seeing or demanding a theatrical "He was my business partner! I can't believe he would act like that!" PR post. They never end up feeling genuine.


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.
2/5/2023 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.

That's because people weren't arguing that.

He's equating the belief that exposing children to drag shows is sexually exploitative, and those who do so are groomers/pedophiles, with the idea that all LGBT people support that behavior.
2/5/2023 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:

I'd be curious to hear the answer on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:


Word is definitely spreading outside of this forum.
I was contacted by friends last night who dont participate on AR15.com, they play on the AK Files for the most part....This has jumped the fence and is roaming elsewhere.

Maybe I should log in to P&S and see if Matt is still supporting Karl.

I'd be curious to hear the answer on that.

I logged in and did a quick scan of threads, nothing to note of.

I could probably go into my posting history and do a screen grab. Been awhile since I've had to use a vbulletin board.
2/5/2023 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.
View Quote
I just don't see what you see. He's probably bummed about it. I'd be bummed about it too, if I lost a deal because a business partner just couldn't help himself from going off.
2/5/2023 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.
View Quote

It doesn't change the message at all, before it could've been taken as either "It was good until Brownells became assholes", or "It was good until Karl started tarding-out". The edit clarifies his position, IMO.
2/5/2023 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:

That's because people weren't arguing that.

He's equating the belief that exposing children to drag shows is sexually exploitative, and those who do so are groomers/pedophiles, with the idea that all LGBT people support that behavior.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.

That's because people weren't arguing that.

He's equating the belief that exposing children to drag shows is sexually exploitative, and those who do so are groomers/pedophiles, with the idea that all LGBT people support that behavior.


So he’s saying that all gays are pedophiles.



But he’s mad because he thinks we think all gays are pedos * and pedophilia is bad.
2/5/2023 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:


Well I hear he likes to clean up after his bull after the action so he might be cooming right now. *Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Sucks for Mr. Ian, he did nothing wrong but be a loyal participant in the deal. Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt too badly by this. I don’t know his political views and I don’t care to. He developed an idea with another party and then got shafted by association.

I like gun Jesus and I don’t derive any satisfaction from seeing him get hurt.
View Quote

I bet you he's even got a commie flag
Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage
2/5/2023 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
I just don't see what you see. He's probably bummed about it. I'd be bummed about it too, if I lost a deal because a business partner just couldn't help himself from going off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.
I just don't see what you see. He's probably bummed about it. I'd be bummed about it too, if I lost a deal because a business partner just couldn't help himself from going off.


My interpretation was that the edit was to express his desire to work with Brownells in the future.  I’m not seeing the outrage either.

I am glad I never bought from KE in the past.  I almost did at one point because they are in Arizona.  Glad I didn’t, they’ve shown their true colors.

Our local sheriffs office SWAT team has all KE arms rifles.  Next time I see one of those guys I’m totally making fun of them for having a groomer rifle.
2/5/2023 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Quoted:
I don't think that's what the patch said.   Maybe give a pic of the patch or quote it's text exactly.
View Quote

Attached File


2/5/2023 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:

That's because people weren't arguing that.

He's equating the belief that exposing children to drag shows is sexually exploitative, and those who do so are groomers/pedophiles, with the idea that all LGBT people support that behavior.
View Quote


It's funny because there are LGBTQ people on ARFCOM who are active in threads that discuss that stuff and they don't support kids at drag shows precisely because it's behavior that is designed to sexualize children.

Meanwhile actual LGBTQ members of ARFCOM are engaged in trying to do good work and the only people who put them in peril are the ANTIFA crowd that has actively targeted people like eesmith because she's not willing to participate in their madness.
2/5/2023 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:


So he’s saying that all gays are pedophiles.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don’t recall seeing anybody arguing that.

That's because people weren't arguing that.

He's equating the belief that exposing children to drag shows is sexually exploitative, and those who do so are groomers/pedophiles, with the idea that all LGBT people support that behavior.


So he’s saying that all gays are pedophiles.




Its hilarious to me as well when those libs insult their entire base with these blanket assumptions, just like certain groups arent responsible enough to obtain a free government ID to vote, what is that called? The racism of low expectations.
2/5/2023 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:

It doesn't change the message at all, before it could've been taken as either "It was good until Brownells became assholes", or "It was good until Karl started tarding-out". The edit clarifies his position, IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.

It doesn't change the message at all, before it could've been taken as either "It was good until Brownells became assholes", or "It was good until Karl started tarding-out". The edit clarifies his position, IMO.


Then he should have explained his edit, not memory-holed it.
2/5/2023 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
I just don't see what you see. He's probably bummed about it. I'd be bummed about it too, if I lost a deal because a business partner just couldn't help himself from going off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


I'm sorry, but his edit was pretty major.  It completely changed his message, without mentioning the previous one.  It wasn't a minor clarification.  He realized he fucked up by saying what he really thought.  Then realized what he said was going to cost him money.
I just don't see what you see. He's probably bummed about it. I'd be bummed about it too, if I lost a deal because a business partner just couldn't help himself from going off.


Then he should have explained his edit, not memory-holed it.
2/5/2023 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:

I bet you he's even got a commie flag
Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage
View Quote

was he tearing wallace stickers off bumpers of cars??
2/5/2023 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
Its hilarious to me as well when those libs insult their entire base with these blanket assumptions, just like certain groups arent responsible enough to obtain a free government ID to vote, what is that called? The racism of low expectations.
View Quote


You can't be an ANTIFA type unless you believe you're one of the special ones who is going to save the world no matter how many skulls you have to crush to bring about your utopia.

The answers to all of society's issues boil down to slogans shouted through a megaphone and anyone who even asks a question is to be violently attacked immediately because they are holding back "progress".

So it's OK to try and brain a gay Asian man with a concrete "milkshake" because he's daring to film things you don't want filmed lest the public figure out what you're really about.

But it's OK when you do all this shit because, you know, "progress".

Solidarity! If you have a problem with organizing sexual displays targeted at literal children you hate LGBTQ people and you're the enemy and you don't believe in equal rights!

Fuck all that noise.
2/5/2023 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:
You're not the Boss of me.  I'm not "egging" anyone, just stating my personal opinions.  If you feel "threatened" then retreat to your "safe space".
View Quote

It's quoted right here.  And by your own definition that's a personal attack then you squeal victim and the cycle continues.  That's pretty pathetic behavior for an adult.  
2/5/2023 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Did Brownell’s sponsor a JBGC shoot?
2/5/2023 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, it’s been a few years since ARFCOM had a good pissing match of this magnitude!


Funny thing, it seems many of the the same characters are in play once again, with companies and names I’ve not heard in a while.
2/5/2023 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
And it seems so far everyone is assuming Brownells cut ties, it could be that it was Karl/KE that decided to cut ties.
2/5/2023 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History


The irony.
2/5/2023 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:

I bet you he's even got a commie flag
Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


Well I hear he likes to clean up after his bull after the action so he might be cooming right now. *Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Sucks for Mr. Ian, he did nothing wrong but be a loyal participant in the deal. Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt too badly by this. I don’t know his political views and I don’t care to. He developed an idea with another party and then got shafted by association.

I like gun Jesus and I don’t derive any satisfaction from seeing him get hurt.

I bet you he's even got a commie flag
Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage


I’m a faithfull follower of Brother John Burch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church
And I ain't even got a garage you can call home and ask my wife
2/5/2023 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Happy to hear Brownells is taking action on this. I have no idea what this guy thought was going to happen prancing off to Reddit so he could call everyone on this website a domestic terrorist lol

Gun Jesus needs to mature to the point he quits affiliating himself with emo degenerates whom have questionable friends and even more questionable Hitler hairstyles.

This is why I continue to renew my membership to this forum 15+ years later and also why I won't ever watch another episode of Forgotten Weapons knowing what his crew actually thinks of the 2A community.

2/5/2023 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
Happy to hear Brownells is taking action on this. I have no idea what this guy thought was going to happen prancing off to Reddit so he could call everyone on this website a domestic terrorist lol

Gun Jesus needs to mature to the point he quits affiliating himself with emo degenerates whom have questionable friends and even more questionable Hitler hairstyles.

This is why I continue to renew my membership to this forum 15+ years later and also why I won't ever watch another episode of Forgotten Weapons knowing what his crew actually thinks of the 2A community.

View Quote

I haven't renewed (in big part) due to the IRTV sponsorship. My wallet might do some voting here very directly. I'm glad the people in this thread were able to put some disinfectant out.
2/5/2023 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
And it seems so far everyone is assuming Brownells cut ties, it could be that it was Karl/KE that decided to cut ties.
View Quote
I considered that, but why would brownells be compelled to have a liquidation sale then? I would just keep it full price until I sold out of stock.
2/5/2023 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]
@AbleArcher

He nuked that thread or at least someone was able, found my post history and it's gone gone from it.
2/5/2023 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
Did Brownell's sponsor a JBGC shoot?
View Quote

They sponsored a lot of the "Brutality" matches.
2/5/2023 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:


If Brownell’s really wants to send a based message, they should throw the items in a wood chipper and video it.
View Quote


They could do a collabo with Benchmade!






2/5/2023 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
And it seems so far everyone is assuming Brownells cut ties, it could be that it was Karl/KE that decided to cut ties.
View Quote

Doubtful. More likely Brownells got into contact with him after the last thread popped off and, after they indicated the partnership would be ended, he decided to flame out on here.

That's probably also why he reached out to his supporters to email Brownells about their support for him.

Turns out pinkos who hate capitalism are poor as fuck and don't spend money at Brownells.
2/5/2023 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:
And it seems so far everyone is assuming Brownells cut ties, it could be that it was Karl/KE that decided to cut ties.
View Quote


Attached File
2/5/2023 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
I considered that, but why would brownells be compelled to have a liquidation sale then? I would just keep it full price until I sold out of stock.
View Quote


If they wanted to very quickly get them off the books, but it's all just speculation.

Brownell's is into all of this to make money.  If they sense that they will lose more business than they gain from the association, they will move quick.  I won't give them too much credit for being altruistic though.  I'm sure it will be a data driven, financial decision.
2/5/2023 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:

I haven't renewed (in big part) due to the IRTV sponsorship. My wallet might do some voting here very directly. I'm glad the people in this thread were able to put some disinfectant out.
View Quote


Every once in a while they do something that rubs me the wrong way (when they made a certain Jack Booted Thug a mod lol) and I'll hold out on buying a membership.

That's pretty far and few between. I always end up coughing up some bucks
2/5/2023 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:
@AbleArcher

He nuked that thread or at least someone was able, found my post history and it's gone gone from it.
View Quote

Gotcha, thank you for checking it out. I've been really curious how P&S reconciles Karl's positions.
2/5/2023 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Some of you guys that have YouTube accounts need to head over there and post a link to the original thread. Don’t take the bait about this being about not wanting gays to have 2A rights.
2/5/2023 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:
Did Brownell’s sponsor a JBGC shoot?
View Quote


No but they assisted with Cornfield Brutality.  I believe they helped with shooting range space.
2/5/2023 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:


Thanks, I'm reading it to come up to speed on the brouhaha.

Goatboy made a couple of posts and one included this statement: Brownells isn't our parent company, they are another company run entirely apart from us. Different leaders, structure, etc.

Has there been a change in ARFCOM not previously discussed?
View Quote

Brownells isn't ARF's parent company; because the Brownells marketing team etc; don't run the show here

Pete BROWNELL runs the show here. He's the owner of that VC group that calls the shots. ARF likely has it's own leadership, but works in partnership with brownells (let's call it a sister company) to make a product.
2/5/2023 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History

"Sorry my partner was an idiot, Brownells. We had a good thing going. Let's try again sometime"
2/5/2023 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
In before the liquidation?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL
In before the liquidation?


Too late! Liquidation has already started!

2/5/2023 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:


If they wanted to very quickly get them off the books, but it's all just speculation.

Brownell's is into all of this to make money.  If they sense that they will lose more business than they gain from the association, they will move quick.  I won't give them too much credit for being altruistic though.  I'm sure it will be a data driven, financial decision.
View Quote


They would be nuts to keep doing business with him after this. His social media is radioactive.

Attached File
2/5/2023 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:


He keeps making the argument that Arfcom tried to argue against gun rights for gays.  I read that thread, and don't recall seeing anybody arguing that.
View Quote

That's his strawman for "death to those who stand in the way of freedom for queer people".

We don't care about queer people. We care about what you define as "standing in the way".
2/5/2023 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:


If Brownell’s really wants to send a based message, they should throw the items in a wood chipper and video it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well fuck, Forgotten weapons just posted on YouTube that Brownells is having a sale on all WWSD stuff.

I really like Ian and his channel, but this just seems like a slap on the face.


Coincidence? I think not. Maybe Brownells is ending the relationship and doing a flash sale to purge. Maybe I am wrong.


If Brownell’s really wants to send a based message, they should throw the items in a wood chipper and video it.

2/5/2023 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:
Some of you guys that have YouTube accounts need to head over there and post a link to the original thread. Don’t take the bait about this being about not wanting gays to have 2A rights.
View Quote

Youtube comment sections makes GD look tame.

No thank you
2/5/2023 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:
Friend on a Discord channel just mentioned the WWSD sale at Brownells and that he just bought one.  I give him the TL;DR: version of the kerfuffle.  His response made me chuckle:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Friend on a Discord channel just mentioned the WWSD sale at Brownells and that he just bought one.  I give him the TL;DR: version of the kerfuffle.  His response made me chuckle:

Ok cool so we cancelled a commie and I got a good deal out of it


Lol

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 115
Next Page