Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
While we're posting our 19s
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I finally got it today. And man is it gorgeous. The first photo is in a brightly lit room, the second is in a darker room. I will shoot it this weekend, but just dry firing it, the trigger feels smooth as butter. One thing I find really strange though is that it seems as if they are selling these model 19's with different color wood grips. And they are stock and not custom. I watched some youtube videos where the grips are like mine and they are a darker color, like almost a cherry wood color. And in other videos, the wood is a very light blonde color. And also, when you search for this gun online, some dealers show the dark grips and others show the lighter ones. I was hoping to get the light colored ones at first, but now after getting it home, im very happy with the darker ones. The darker ones make it look more like the classic police duty revolver it once was. The lighter ones make it look more like a cowboy/western gun. I wouldn't mind buying some of the lighter ones if possible though just to have as well.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is it so difficult to post images on here? When I hit preview before I posted, it showed the actual images and not links. Now that I submitted it, it's showing links. WTF is going on with this?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if it will be susceptible to forcing cone cracking?  Had one that had the crack.   Barrels are almost non -existent.

Sold it as is to a guy that had a barrel (went from 4?” to 2.5” and looked great in the pics he sent)
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But is has a lock though
View Quote

I fucking hate to see the lock... still, i knew a lot of guys that carried 19s back in the day...
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
damn i got a model 66 like new, but in the late 80's , encouraging the prices they're bringing
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a great looking gun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if it will be susceptible to forcing cone cracking?  Had one that had the crack.   Barrels are almost non -existent.

Sold it as is to a guy that had a barrel (went from 4?” to 2.5” and looked great in the pics he sent)
View Quote

I saw in a review video on youtube on how they addressed that issue in the new model and it should no longer be a problem with the new production ones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
When it comes to 6" .357s I much prefer a N-Frame. I'm willing to put-up with the extra weight/girth if I'm going to field a 6" barreled .357 revolver.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I prefer RB K-Frame .357s with barrel lengths of 3" or shorter.....They seem "just right".  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When it comes to 6" .357s I much prefer a N-Frame. I'm willing to put-up with the extra weight/girth if I'm going to field a 6" barreled .357 revolver.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88145/28_007__2__JPG-1826674.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88145/5_001__2__JPG-1850881.JPG

I prefer RB K-Frame .357s with barrel lengths of 3" or shorter.....They seem "just right".  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88145/6_001__2__JPG-1851518.JPG

View Quote

Nice collection. The new model 19 classic has a 4.25 inch barrell.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]

one of my favorites...

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I just tried and unfortunately the speed loaders from my 686 don't fit the model 19. I knew the frames were different, but what could be so different with the cylinders?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pretty much everyone is going to rate the older anything as being superior to the newer anything, aren't they?  Especially when it comes to steel?

Gorgeous guns, btw!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll still rate my 19-3's over the new ones. Glad you are happy though OP.
https://i.imgur.com/wrufNNh.jpg

Pretty much everyone is going to rate the older anything as being superior to the newer anything, aren't they?  Especially when it comes to steel?

Gorgeous guns, btw!

Not me. My m66-8 is a better gun than my m19-3. Better trigger, more accurate, better velocity, and stronger to name a few.

And I love my m19

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just tried and unfortunately the speed loaders from my 686 don't fit the model 19. I knew the frames were different, but what could be so different with the cylinders?
View Quote

Different diameter to fit in that different sized frame
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a 19-2 or -3 back in the early/mid 80s, sold it as I was getting ready to work overseas.  To this day still kicking myself in the ass for selling it.  Picked up a 686 in the late 80s/early 90s, still have that one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And MIM parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But is has a lock though

And MIM parts.

...and any jet airliner you fly in 8 miles above the Earth is full of MIM parts as are many many things in life that you don't know about that you can't worry about are as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking gun OP.  Now I want another wheel gun, shit I hate it when this happens.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I got issued a 19-3, or 4 nickeled 6 inch when I started in LE back in 1993.  Lol. Talk about getting made fun of at the academy. There were only 3 other people with revolvers in my class. I showed them by being the top shooter in my class. I hated turning in that gun in 95 when we transitioned to GLOCK 22’s. When I retired in 2015, I was presented with a 19-4 nickeled 6 inch as a retirement gift from the guys in the department. I love that gun!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't listen to the hater OP.  You did fine in today's market if that is what you wanted.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Very nice revolver OP. Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#21]
My 65-3 I paid $325 OTD for 6 months ago.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a couple 44mags this week
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]
You'll enjoy your revolver OP. I picked up one of the revolvers in the classic line several years ago, I got a 4 inch Model 27 Classic. I love the big N frame and the shorter barrel. It makes shooting hot .357 Magnum loads bearable. One thing I like about the Model 27 Classic is it doesn't have the sleeved barrel, it's a one piece barrel. Although I did have one issue come up with it when shooting it with some magnum loads, the pin for the lock that holds the cylinder ejector rod came out, luckily I found that tiny pin and the lock piece had not yet fallen out of the gun, it was an easy fix. No problems since then.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sold my 19-3 for $500. Still regret it!
View Quote

Bought my 686 for $550. Not for sale.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]

I probably would have had to buy natural light as well after paying for both of those in one week.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I probably would have had to buy natural light as well after paying for both of those in one week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the only beer worth drinking
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#27]
My 19-5. Gift from my old man. One of the first center fires I shot as a kid. Had to go back to S&W a couple years ago to fix a stripped ejector rod-star extractor thread. The old man really liked pushing the envelope with reloads.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top