User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is no way our government is going to give up its ability to spy on the citizenry

Never going to happen
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
How about no Scotty
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Prohibitioners continuing to shit on freedom since forever.  What else is new. /It's just a plant get over it! 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Did anyone read the article?

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats wrote to leaders of Congress Monday urging them to permanently reauthorize a law that allows for the surveillance of digital communications of foreigners located outside the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

and yet no one is able to explain why Trump is getting a pass in this thread while choruses of "Fuck Sessions" continue

If this was not the position of the Executive Branch, Sessions would not be supporting it.  It really is that simple
View Quote
I think Rush made a good point the other day that Trump is not ideological, he's a businessman. On the campaign trail someone must have convinced Trump that this NSA spying was ok. It wasn't a big issue during the campaign and didn't get much coverage. Trump will hopefully listen to reason and reexamine his position. I think he would given his own personal experience with Trump Towers being tapped.

Sessions is very ideological and I think we're getting a clearer and clearer idea of what he's all about as time goes on. I gotta admit, I was wrong about the guy. I thought he'd be a straight shooter but he seems like he's actually a prominent deep state figure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Prohibitioners continuing to shit on freedom since forever.  What else is new. /It's just a plant get over it! 
View Quote
I'm anti pot, but I don't want any of this NSA spying crap. Sure there might be a few more busts, but the potential for abuse is too great. Obama using it, analysts spying on their love interests... then there's the whole Dennis Montgomery allegations. Who knows if they're true, but if even some of them are, the NSA toolsets are being used to propagate (what to me is) evil objectives.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sessions is very ideological and I think we're getting a clearer and clearer idea of what he's all about as time goes on. I gotta admit, I was wrong about the guy. I thought he'd be a straight shooter but he seems like he's actually a prominent deep state figure.
View Quote
I only half way paid attention to the guy when he was a Senator but as AG, Sessions has not surprised me in the least.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Sessions has lost me completely now....

He needs to go in the worst way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats wrote to leaders of Congress Monday urging them to permanently reauthorize a law that allows for the surveillance of digital communications of foreigners located outside the U.S.
View Quote
They use that provision as cover for vacuuming up the communications of people in the US, then say it was just "incidental".  Of course they never delete the cummunications of Americans and will forward the information to domestic law enforcement if it's anything interesting
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Heard a caller on XM Sirius Radio Patriot channel today say Sessions had to go. After what he said and what I'm seeing in this post I'm inclined to agree.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol, did anyone actually think Trump would even attempt to "drain the swamp"?
View Quote
Drained the swamp right into the whitehouse...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They use that provision as cover for vacuuming up the communications of people in the US, then say it was just "incidental".  Of course they never delete the cummunications of Americans and will forward the information to domestic law enforcement if it's anything interesting
View Quote
Putting myself in the NSA's shoes, it would be in the NSA's best interest to retain as much data, for forever. Ever increasing the amount of data collected and retained. I would bet if data is written to a hard disk, it never gets deleted. Some data at collection points might be disregarded, things like spam or netflix streams, but anything remotely interested is likely saved forever. They were able to identify the creator of bitcoin just from taking his known published writings, and comparing them to all the emails that the NSA has. That to me infers the NSA has almost all emails ever sent.

edit How the NSA identified Satoshi Nakamoto
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If this was not the position of the Executive Branch, Sessions would not be supporting it.  It really is that simple
View Quote
You know very little about how these matters work.

Examples of members of the executive branch pursuing agendas which are different than those of the president who heads the administration are legion, in this administration and in previous ones.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I guess I'm off the fence on that guy permanently now. Wonder if he also has brain cancer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sessions IS the swamp.
View Quote
Sessions is the biggest authoritarian in our government. No freedoms you have are safe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You know very little about how these matters work.

Examples of members of the executive branch pursuing agendas which are different than those of the president who heads the administration are legion, in this administration and in previous ones.
View Quote
you know very little about reading comprehension 

I just showed you a link where Trump himself supported the very issue that Sessions is being criticized for.....and you want to float the idea that Sessions is some rogue AG advocating positions that are I  contrast to the president 

It's not a different agenda if they both support the same position 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just showed you a link where Trump himself supported the very issue that Sessions is being criticized for.....and you want to float the idea that Sessions is some rogue AG advocating positions that are I  contrast to the president 
View Quote

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought only cucks and Hillary shills didn't support Sessions. 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Should've gone with Gowdy
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Should've gone with Gowdy
View Quote
100%
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
And those actually paying attention to what he is and isn’t doing since becoming AG.

Sessions is the swamp.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#22]

I’m very disappointed in our guy, Sessions.

Sorry you guys. He advertised himself as a completely different person locally.  Apparently he’s just another big government jerkass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, Trump has been a fucking disaster too.

And a bunch of you guys who think Session is going Rogue. And isn't going in lock step with the President. I have some prime, ocean side real estate in Nevada to sell you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#24]
He should recuse himself............from everything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And those actually paying attention to what he is and isn’t doing since becoming AG.

Sessions is the swamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sessions is the swamp.
Other than his recusal from the Russian collusion investigation, where does he differ with Trump on the issues?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahh, not long ago this place was fapping to the thought of him being picked. My how ficle we are.

The guy was never a good choice but to say that then had one branded as a traitor.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is no way our government is going to give up its ability to spy on the citizenry

Never going to happen
View Quote
All we would ask is that it be up for renewal at regular intervals do we can check if it still serves the American people. If not, kill it.

But that cuck Sessions would have it be made permanent, free from regular review so the Feds can spy on Americans with impunity?

Who does the old loon think he is? Google?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hasn't the CIA done that forever?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Never going to happen
View Quote
this   doesn't matter who is in office.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, did anyone actually think Trump would even attempt to "drain the swamp"?
LOL. They forgot to account for water's tendency to seek the lowest point.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All we would ask is that it be up for renewal at regular intervals do we can check if it still serves the American people. If not, kill it.

But that cuck Sessions would have it be made permanent, free from regular review so the Feds can spy on Americans with impunity?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never going to happen

You do know that Trump wants it reauthorized as well, right?

Does that make him a cuck?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The man is ass cancer.
View Quote
This...fucker.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sessions is the swamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sessions is the swamp.
Frankly, I was surprised so many here jumped on the Sessions bandwagon. It's not as if he was an unknown entity. His positions WRT the issues have been known for decades. He wasn't exactly a wildcard.

I find it hard to support a man who would make a woman a widow if her husband was convicted of selling weed twice, and then seize their home via asset forfeiture and make her homeless to boot. Adding insult to injury. I don't smoke weed or harbor any goodwill for drug dealers, but that is a little harsh I think.

And the fact he receives awards from NFIB is nothing to brag about. That organization never saw an employee they wouldn't fuck if he got in the way of them blowing small business owners.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He is the Swamps security guard now.

I would bet money he gives members of congress weekly briefings on any investigation by his department that has is even remotely pertaining to any member or aide so they can cover it up. And I bet he gets sent marching orders by members of congress as to which investigations they or their high dollar donor's want quashed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah......Jeff Sessions. 

He he rode in with such great expectations and fanfare.

He had a mountain of material to set things straight after Holder, Lynch, Clinton, Lerner and Obama.

Instead......Jeff does absolutely nothing about any of that and now wants to make permanent mass surveillance directed towards the citizens of America.

Sessions IS the swamp.
He is the Swamps security guard now.

I would bet money he gives members of congress weekly briefings on any investigation by his department that has is even remotely pertaining to any member or aide so they can cover it up. And I bet he gets sent marching orders by members of congress as to which investigations they or their high dollar donor's want quashed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Frankly, I was surprised so many here jumped on the Sessions bandwagon. It's not as if he was an unknown entity. His positions WRT the issues have been known for decades. He wasn't exactly a wildcard.

I find it hard to support a man who would make a woman a widow if her husband was convicted of selling weed twice, and then seize their home via asset forfeiture and make her homeless to boot. Adding insult to injury. I don't smoke weed or harbor any goodwill for drug dealers, but that is a little harsh I think.

And the fact he receives awards from NFIB is nothing to brag about. That organization never saw an employee they wouldn't fuck if he got in the way of them blowing small business owners.
View Quote
The few people who raised objection here back when he was announced were called druggies and dopertarians.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never going to happen

IMO, any politician who would block the Feds' power to spy on U.S. citizens from being up for regular review so it can be reauthorized if necessary, or sunseted if it no longer serves the interests of the American people, is a cocksucker.

The 2004 AWB had a sunset provision for good reason. But this is even more crucial. If there is any power that must come up for regular review it's a government's right to spy on its citizens. The Founding Fathers would call us traitors and betrayers of their hard-fought democracy if we did otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The few people who raised objection here back when he was announced were called druggies and dopertarians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably the same crew that would deny a man his paid overtime because, "Their business, their rules. If you don't like it, quit."

These same people would be the first to bitch if it was their money being stolen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Other than his recusal from the Russian collusion investigation, where does he differ with Trump on the issues?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sessions is the swamp.
What has he done to investigate ANYTHING Swamp related???

Oh, he said he didn't like the "leakers".................well.............................I'm waiting................................................................Sessions.........................knock, knock................are you there???
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck Sessions with a ebolagonaherpasyphalaids coated cactus up his urethra.
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh, he said he didn't like the "leakers".................well.............................I'm waiting................................................................Sessions.........................knock, knock................are you there???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sessions is the swamp.

What "swamp related" do you want investigated?  Do you think he is defying Trump in not investigating them?

Here is what we see here:

Trump thinks we should reauthorize domestic spying........"crickets"
Sessions thinks we should reauthorize domestic spying....."Fuck Sessions"

Trump doesnt' think we should prosecute Hillary..............."crickets"
Sessions has not taken any steps to prosecute Hillary......."Fuck Sessions"

Its quite an interesting dynamic.  Don't you think?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top