BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a 1998 Cherokee with a 3" lift. It's a perfect Urban Assault Vehicle (I work in Detroit) and the perfect off road vehicle that seats 4. ( I live out in the woods south of  the murder capital.)  I have friends who own the same with 200K to 250K on the original drivetrain.
YOU WILL NOT FIND A INTERNATIONAL SCOUT WITH THAT KIND OF DURABILITY!!
I've seen a few here in Mich. but only in boneyards the road salt ate them rather quickly.  

C.M.

Most of the (unrestored)Scouts I see have over 250K on the original drive train and still run fine. And I have heard of several with over 400K, but I have never seen one personally.

Quoted:
Oh look!

The last guy in the world with running IH just posted!

Don't know about where you live, but I see them all over the place here. And saw several while driving across country a couple years ago.

Quoted:
Yeah, I wanted a scout or '72-'74 Fj40, but the jeep is more driveable than either.

How so?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top