User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
High stress society.  Asians have a strong sense of honor and shame.  No surprise.
View Quote
I rarely see any Asian homeless on the streets in the US
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
from the article it says insurance companies are forced to pay out for suicides.  causing most murders to be staged as suicides.
View Quote
did we read the same article?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny thing is there are several hundred thousand registered firearms here. I’m going to buy some of them soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can this be..they are not allowed to have guns over there.
Funny thing is there are several hundred thousand registered firearms here. I’m going to buy some of them soon.
You might get some good deals at estate sales.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah.. 'Suicides' here is not the issue...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah.. 'Suicides' here is not the issue...
Yeah, very interesting.

In a bizarre case in 2009, the Sendai Lower Court ordered a ¥50 million payout for an attempted suicide where the insured died from injuries sustained during the act. The result is an incentive for people to kill themselves — and also an incentive to kill people and stage it as a suicide.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I worked long hours, every day, and went home to a shoe box in a high rise... I'd off myself too.

Or become a murderer for fun, since I'd have nothing to lose. (article topic)

Or just take a vacation in Mexico move and stroll across the border to the US, take up residence in  a sanctuary state/city, and have a good life.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A couple years ago, I remember a story about a japanese soldier accidently dropping a single round of ammunition from a hand gun or rifle out of a helicopter.  The Army there spent untold masses of money mobiling infantry to find that bullet.   Can someone find this article?  I can't seem to find it anymore.
View Quote
I remember reading about a Type 89 that went missing a year or two ago that resulted in a huge hunt to find it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember reading about a Type 89 that went missing a year or two ago that resulted in a huge hunt to find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple years ago, I remember a story about a japanese soldier accidently dropping a single round of ammunition from a hand gun or rifle out of a helicopter.  The Army there spent untold masses of money mobiling infantry to find that bullet.   Can someone find this article?  I can't seem to find it anymore.
You might be thinking of the time they lost 30 Type 54's in 2007. Despite a massive search by 95,000 soldiers they never found them. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howa_Type_64#Scandal
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah they do!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japan has lots of dirty little secrets.
Yeah they do!
Im there in two weeks, tell me where so I know where to avoid, yeah thats it avoid
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should I be sad that career criminals in Japan have a higher sense of civic duty than most active duty servicemembers in the US?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine your clearance rate if solving a case was a matter of you grabbing a random criminal off the street, phone book him into admitting to the Lufthansa Heist, and the judge buys it and the criminals attitude is "I was going to get pinched for something, thems the breaks."
Should I be sad that career criminals in Japan have a higher sense of civic duty than most active duty servicemembers in the US?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I rarely see any Asian homeless on the streets in the US
View Quote
I heard about a parent/teacher conference recently wherein the Asian girl and her parents were explaining in great detail her A-.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Also if you think discrimination is bad in the US, in Japan it is way worse. After WW2, the US occupied Japan, and there were children born to Asian mothers and black fathers, those folks are socially highly discriminated against.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
This news is OLD, really old, this has been a issue there for 20+ years now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Funny you mention it:  a very similar thing happened to a buddy's guard unit in upstate NY in the early 90s.

The Huey banked and an unsecured A2 slid out the door into a national forest.

Several unit were mobilized and search for that one single rifle for days.  Somewhere out there is a GI issue A2 - probably buried several feel deep & rusted to crap by now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#14]
It's an article by Jake Adelstein-.  He seems to actually be improving though, but he is still biased to some extent.  

Another article somewhat related

The law, which took effect in April 2013, allows institutions to perform autopsies without the consent of the next of kin if the police judge it necessary to investigate the causes of death of people who are not suspected of dying as a result of foul play, which usually gives rise to the need for judicial autopsies.
View Quote
Also :
There are three types of autopsies:
1) Judicial autopsy (for criminal investigation purpose by court order)
2) Administrative autopsy (no crimes are involved, but the cause of death is unknown)
3) Pathological autopsy or autopsy by consent (at the request of the family)

A sad trend. It definitely provides lots of fodder for detective novelists.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Best I remember, I think it's at the foot of Mt Fugi.
View Quote
Mt. Fuji's Aokigahara Forest, this is one of the better Vice reports about a guy who looks for bodies. Speaking of shame culture, it's interesting that the suicide prevention sign uses consideration of family members as the primary deterrent.

Suicide Forest in Japan (Full Documentary)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top