Quoted:

Isn't that a personal attack?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

2.  My interest is not "discrediting" the Birch Society.  In fact, I have repeatedly DEFENDED them online from false and malicious critics.  Recently, someone accused me of being "pro-JBS" because I brought my critic's attention to the absurdities in her argument against the JBS.  You are just the flip side of that coin----you both are ignorant vicious and mean-spirited -- and have no respect for FACTS.  [I also have defended former Cong. Ron Paul and the Tea Party Movement in numerous online messages!]

YES, it is a response in-kind to someone who libeled me in this forum without any factual basis for doing so.  If you do not understand how reprehensible it is to accuse somebody of being a Communist just because you disagree with him, then I suggest you contact a religious leader of your choice to learn about God's 9th Commandment.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well OP does accuse everyone here of resorting to ad hominem slurs whereas he only provides factual evidence.

Is calling someone "ignorant vicious and mean-spirited" an ad hominem slur or is it factual evidence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

2.  My interest is not "discrediting" the Birch Society.  In fact, I have repeatedly DEFENDED them online from false and malicious critics.  Recently, someone accused me of being "pro-JBS" because I brought my critic's attention to the absurdities in her argument against the JBS.  You are just the flip side of that coin----you both are ignorant vicious and mean-spirited -- and have no respect for FACTS.  [I also have defended former Cong. Ron Paul and the Tea Party Movement in numerous online messages!]

That is a pretty low bar.  Also most people do not know what ignorant actually means.

Well OP does accuse everyone here of resorting to ad hominem slurs whereas he only provides factual evidence.

Is calling someone "ignorant vicious and mean-spirited" an ad hominem slur or is it factual evidence?

Threads would be over in 5 posts if only facts were admitted and people were actually opened to adapting their view and mindset on a given topic.  It does not rise to the level of telling someone..........................................

"People like you are the best argument for keeping abortion legal"  <<<Example not directed at anyone.

Let it ride.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That ain't defending the JBS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buckley DEFENDED the JBS repeatedly in his newspaper columns.  As one example:  see his columns pertaining to whether or not a JBS member should be allowed to be a policeman.

That ain't defending the JBS.

Why not?

If someone wanted to deny YOU a job in your chosen occupation -- but a prominent American author and columnist came to YOUR defense -- would you dismiss him as not defending your position?

And, incidentally, I used that as merely one example.  There are many more examples where Buckley criticized liberals for focusing exclusively upon the JBS (which had very little political influence) whereas they totally ignored groups like Americans For Democratic Action -- which, from Buckley's perspective -- was a dominant force within Democratic administrations.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If someone wanted to deny YOU a job in your chosen occupation -- but a prominent American author and columnist came to YOUR defense -- would you dismiss him as not defending your position?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the extent of your ability to think? Interesting.

You make the same logical missteps Robert Welch made.

“The fallacy,” I said, “is the assumption that you can infer subjective intention from objective consequence: we lost China to the Communists, therefore the President of the United States and the Secretary of State wished China to go to the Communists.”

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/goldwater-the-john-birch-society-and-me/

I mean, the exact same fallacy. Its uncanny.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Threads would be over in 5 posts if only facts were admitted and people were actually opened to adapting their view and mindset on a given topic.  It does not rise to the level of telling someone..........................................

"People like you are the best argument for keeping abortion legal"  <<<Example not directed at anyone.

Let it ride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

That is a pretty low bar.  Also most people do not know what ignorant actually means.

Let it ride.

MARK:  I am totally willing to focus exclusively upon factual evidence.   But if someone who does not know anything about you immediately BEGINS a discussion by accusing YOU of being a Communist -- don't you think that deserves a different type of reply?

You can challenge ANYTHING which I write here (or have posted online) and i will present all the documentation you want without once engaging in any sort of personal attacks. Can you promise the same thing for me in this forum?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree with you, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in someone stating that they only post factual evidence while everyone else posts ad hominems, then in their next post they include an ad hominem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it ride.

I agree with you, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in someone stating that they only post factual evidence while everyone else posts ad hominems, then in their next post they include an ad hominem.

You know who does that? Communists.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why don't you call home and ask his wife?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP?  Do you belong to the Antioch Baptist Church?

I wonder if he even has a garage?

Why don't you call home and ask his wife?

She's prolly steppin' and fetchin' like her head is on fire and her ass is catchin'.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think accumulation might have been a factor in DanTSX's case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

It seemed to be enough for Dan

I think accumulation might have been a factor in DanTSX's case.

I think it was "the body of his work" not an individual statement
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/goldwater-the-john-birch-society-and-me/

Interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“The fallacy,” I said, “is the assumption that you can infer subjective intention from objective consequence: we lost China to the Communists, therefore the President of the United States and the Secretary of State wished China to go to the Communists.”

Interesting.

Have you noticed the people who rant the most about their adherence to facts and logic, rarely live up to their own hype?

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it ride.

Sorry - but you are confusing two entirely different issues.   Let me make this as clear as possible:

1.  Honorable, thoughtful, and decent and principled Americans can disagree about all sorts of public policy matters or controversies.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone criticizing or questioning anything I write.

2.  BUT -- when someone responds to something I write with a PERSONAL ATTACK which is libelous -- then I have the right and the obligation to express my personal opinion about that person.

3.  IF, however, that same person wants to continue discussing something WITHOUT making further PERSONAL ATTACKS, then I am happy to respond in kind.

4.  Lastly, since you missed the original point, the person who responded with his ad hominem slur against me, never addressed anything I had written with contradictory EVIDENCE.   My posts here (and elsewhere online) rely exclusively upon FACTUAL EVIDENCE -- and, predominantly, I rely upon data in FBI investigative files.    Can you say the same about any of my critics here?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Have you noticed the people who rant the most about their adherence to facts and logic, rarely live up to their own hype?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it ride.

You are partially correct.  When Communists enter a debate, they ignore the substance of what an author presents and instead they often resort to name-calling.  The person who replied to my message BEGAN by accusing me of being a Communist.  He never presented ANY factual evidence to dispute anything which I had written.  He just STARTED with name-calling.   So, using YOUR criterion, you should direct your comment to HIM -- since HE initiated the name-calling, not me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
actually no one in this thread called you a communist, and i am pretty sure no one gives a shit about a year old archived thread.
View Quote

..,.,Or the john birch society, or any of the other crap.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Why does your post look like a NAVADMIN?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are partially correct.  When Communists enter a debate, they ignore the substance of what an author presents and instead they often resort to name-calling.  The person who replied to my message BEGAN by accusing me of being a Communist.  He never presented ANY factual evidence to dispute anything which I had written.  He just STARTED with name-calling.   So, using YOUR criterion, you should direct your comment to HIM -- since HE initiated the name-calling, not me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it ride.

You know who else does this?

Disciples of Sal Alinsky, of which there are many who currently serve in our government.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Is there a correlation between font choice and sanity? Friggin' Time Cube up in this bitch.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Let me check....  Yep, my give-a-damn is broken.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Persecutory delusion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Persecutory delusions are a delusional condition in which the affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:
1.The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur.
2.The individual thinks that the perceived persecutor has the intention to cause harm.
According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." In the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the main feature of the persecutory type of delusional disorder. When the focus is to remedy some injustice by legal action, they are sometimes called "querulous paranoia".

In cases where reporters of stalking behavior have been judged to be making false reports, a majority of them were judged to be delusional.

If the delusion results in imprisonment or involuntary commitment, the person may feel justified in this belief.

Treatment

Persecutory delusions are usually treated with medications for schizophrenia, especially when positive symptoms are present. Both first-generation antipsychotics and second-generation antipsychotics may be useful. Cognitive behavioral therapy has also been used.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got a commie flag tacked up on the wall, inside of my garage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Why isn't it called the Robert Welch Society? Who is John Birch?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Disciples of Sal Alinsky, of which there are many who currently serve in our government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it ride.

1.  Name-calling is not limited to any one ideological perspective or political persuasion.  It is commonplace in argumentation when people cannot refute EVIDENCE.

2.  Typically, the ploy goes something like this:

(a)  Find a person or group which many people have a negative view about
(b)  Then, ignore whatever someone writes and instead attempt to link the author to that negative symbol
(c)  Also, pretend that someone or some group you have negative judgments about has NO redeeming qualities and NEVER has arrived at accurate and truthful statements or conclusions.

3.  This ploy presents a flawless method which enables a critic to never address and refute the substance of whatever arguments or evidence is presented.  Instead, every time someone writes something you do not like or don't agree with, you use the negative symbol -- aka "guilt by association".  

4.  Generally speaking,this method is used by people who do not have the ability to refute what is presented so they try to falsify something by associating the idea or argument they don't like with someone or something which produces an adverse reaction.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Can someone tell me what this twit is rambling about?

It looks like someone said something bad about the JBS with which he disagreed,  and he took a year to post this saying see, I was right?

WTF?

TXL
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC, dude that was killed in China, purported by JBS founders to be first casualty of the global fluoridation movement, that most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face. Or, something like that.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#26]
This thread needs more Charlie Daniels or maybe Jack Daniels.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Robert Welch chose John Morrison Birch for the name of the Society which Welch wanted to create because he thought Birch was the first American to be "murdered" by Communists after World War II ended.

However, Welch suppressed (or did not know about) the reams of evidence which establishes that John Birch's arrogance and lack of common sense was a major contributing factor to his death.  

For example:

Gen. Albert C. Wedemeyer (Washington DC Evening Star, 4/11/61, pA5, “Wedemeyer Hits Welch’s Birch Story”):

“General Albert C. Wedemeyer has refused to join the John Birch Society and has accused its founder, Robert H.W. Welch Jr., of distorting the circumstances surrounding the death of the Society’s namesake, according to a North American Newspaper Alliance report.   As Mr. Welch tells the story, John Birch, a missionary turned Army intelligence officer, was killed by Chinese Communists 10 days after the end of World War II.  He has described him as ‘the first casualty’ of the cold war and has charged the Pentagon with attempting to suppress the facts of the Birch case at the behest of hidden pro-Soviet forces.

That just isn’t true’ says Gen. Wedemeyer, who was the American commander in China at the time of Birch’s death. ‘I just can’t believe that the case was hushed up. I had sent a full report to Washington at the time. As I recall, I reported that the unfortunate episode had been provoked by Birch’s arrogant behavior toward a Communist patrol.’

“General Wedemeyer said Birch ‘was only one of a number of brave courageous Americans who were killed in one incident or another about the same time.  Why Birch should have been singled out for special attention is beyond my comprehension.’ ”

General Albert Wedemeyer (Newsweek, 12/4/61)

"I knew John Birch, as a captain in China, when I was out there during the war. Birch was one of a number of men who participated in operations in China, parachuted behind enemy lines.  He provoked the attack on himself; he was arrogant.  I warned Welch not to make a hero of Birch. That's why I quit as an adviser.  I think Welch is a dedicated, fine American but he lacks good judgment."
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

IIRC, dude that was killed in China, purported by JBS founders to be first casualty of the global fluoridation movement, that most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face. Or, something like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah the good old days. That sounds pretty tame compared to the commies we got nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me what this twit is rambling about?

It looks like someone said something bad about the JBS with which he disagreed,  and he took a year to post this saying see, I was right?

WTF? TXL
View Quote

TXLewis:  I do not think you have followed this discussion.   Nobody wrote anything "bad" about the JBS which I disagreed with.   Instead, someone in this forum asked a question about the JBS.  I then replied with factual information about the history of the JBS.

My most recent message was an attempt to satisfy my critics who wanted documentary "proof" for my assertions.  I merely pointed out where some of the FBI files I used can now be found -- including posted online.  Therefore, nobody can accuse me of "quoting out of context" or mis-characterizing what the original primary source documents contain.   That is standard behavior when there is a dispute.  If you are not interested in this matter, then you can just ignore this entire discussion.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This thread needs more Charlie Daniels or maybe Jack Daniels.
View Quote

Might as well get something usefull out of this thread.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Are you kidding, this thread has potential.

I can foresee some EPIC smack down coming, just from the previous responders.

Keep posting, please.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I know Ive heard of JBS before but never really understood it. Can anybody give a cliffs notes ultra short version? So far, a guy is in China, dies and gets an anti-commie group named after him. Why was he in China? And what is/was the society trying to do?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ah the good old days. That sounds pretty tame compared to the commies we got nowadays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tame? GoBigRed, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there were studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream?

Ice cream, GoBigRed? Children's ice cream!

You know when fluoridation first began?...1946.

1946, GoBigRed. How does that coincide with comparison to "nowaday" commies, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way a hard-core Commie works.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tame? GoBigRed, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there were studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream?

1946, GoBigRed. How does that coincide with comparison to "nowaday" commies, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way a hard-core Commie works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I deny them my essence.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever heard of the Affordable Healthcare Act? It is neither affordable nor healthy. I can choose what water to drink or ice cream to eat. I cant hide from Obamacare. Fluoride....pft that's so 1950's.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
actually no one in this thread called you a communist, and i am pretty sure no one gives a shit about a year old archived thread.
View Quote

BEERSLAYER:

You must have a reading comprehension problem.

Please re-read the following message (copied below) which I responded to.   He explicitly described me as a "hardline commie".   He then edited his comment to make it even more explicit when he wrote "You're him. Go home commie."

Why can't you candidly acknowledge what Shocker wrote about me? If someone wrote the exact same words about YOU  (just because they disagreed with something you wrote) -- how would YOU respond?

Quoted:
If memory serves me right, and maybe i'm thinking of the wrong guy but...  There's one guy ( I think it's you) that constantly trolls posts concerning JBS and tries to discredit them. The same guy has used multiple profiles on various websites over the past 10 years trying to discredit them because JBS is extremely anti-communist and the individual trolling is a hardline commie.

Edit - You're him.  Go home commie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Persecutory delusion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Persecutory delusions are a delusional condition in which the affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:
1.The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur.
2.The individual thinks that the perceived persecutor has the intention to cause harm.
According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." In the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the main feature of the persecutory type of delusional disorder. When the focus is to remedy some injustice by legal action, they are sometimes called "querulous paranoia".

In cases where reporters of stalking behavior have been judged to be making false reports, a majority of them were judged to be delusional.

If the delusion results in imprisonment or involuntary commitment, the person may feel justified in this belief.

Treatment

Persecutory delusions are usually treated with medications for schizophrenia, especially when positive symptoms are present. Both first-generation antipsychotics and second-generation antipsychotics may be useful. Cognitive behavioral therapy has also been used.  
View Quote

Actually, your Wiki excerpt is a pretty fair description of how the Birch Society views ALL of its critics.  It describes ALL criticisms of the JBS as "smear jobs" -- no matter how carefully documented.  Also, consider this:

The Birch Society and its surrogates have been the subject of many libel lawsuits. When the JBS and its surrogates have had the opportunity to prove the accuracy of their accusations in a courtroom environment - they have failed.

The most famous example being the historic precedent-setting libel lawsuit brought by Chicago lawyer Elmer Gertz whom the JBS described in an article published in its monthly magazine as "a Communist fronter" and a "Leninist" engaged in a "conspiracy" against Chicago police.

After 14 years of litigation, including 2 different jury trials, numerous appeals, and review by the U.S. Supreme Court, the JBS paid Gertz $100,000 in compensatory damages and $300,000 in punitive damages for malice. As you may know, punitive damages are only allowed when "malice" can be shown. Malice, in legalese, refers to "reckless disregard for truth" arising from evil intent and a desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Good lord.

You talk more than I do, and I have like 5 million times your post count.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I know Ive heard of JBS before but never really understood it. Can anybody give a cliffs notes ultra short version? So far, a guy is in China, dies and gets an anti-commie group named after him. Why was he in China? And what is/was the society trying to do?
View Quote

GoBigRed:

I have studied the Birch Society for over 40 years and unfortunately there is no "ultra short version" to describe them.  One of the reasons is because the Birch Society has published scores of books and thousands of articles which address every conceivable subject matter you can think of.

In general, the JBS believes that virtually all of our national leaders and prominent politicians and public figures over the past 80 years have been traitors or "agents" of a "conspiracy of gangsters" who intend to eviscerate our Constitution, destroy our freedoms, and bring us into a "one-world socialist dictatorship".  In the mid-1960's, JBS founder Robert Welch, wrote about what he considered the historical developments that contributed to the "conspiracy".  Welch discussed a secret, evil, sinister group called the Bavarian Illuminati and he then tried to show how it successfully controlled events from its inception in the 18th century into the present time.

After the Birch Society lost its historic precedent-setting libel lawsuit (see my previous message re: Elmer Gertz), the JBS began using the term "Insiders" -- so they would not be exposed to more libel lawsuits.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I know, Im too lazy to look it up but is the JBS still around? Are/were they just about commies and fluoride?

Edit: I shoulda refreshed before posting. Gona finish reading above post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#45]
So for clarity, you posted a year ago and got made fun of? And I am assuming you posted in GD? And you expected different? And now, after a year has gone by, you posted whining about said mocking a year ago and expect things to go differently? It sounds like you should call 9-wah-wah and get a whambulance on the way ASAP.

P.S. I hate communism and communists.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

GoBigRed:

I have studied the Birch Society for over 40 years and unfortunately there is no "ultra short version" to describe them.  One of the reasons is because the Birch Society has published scores of books and thousands of articles which address every conceivable subject matter you can think of.

In general, the JBS believes that virtually all of our national leaders and prominent politicians and public figures over the past 80 years have been traitors or "agents" of a "conspiracy of gangsters" who intend to eviscerate our Constitution, destroy our freedoms, and bring us into a "one-world socialist dictatorship".  In the mid-1960's, JBS founder Robert Welch, wrote about what he considered the historical developments that contributed to the "conspiracy".  Welch discussed a secret, evil, sinister group called the Bavarian Illuminati and he then tried to show how it successfully controlled events from its inception in the 18th century into the present time.

After the Birch Society lost its historic precedent-setting libel lawsuit (see my previous message re: Elmer Gertz), the JBS began using the term "Insiders" -- so they would not be exposed to more libel lawsuits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GoBigRed:

What's funny, when you consider the bolded part, is... what have we been rushing headlong into, thanks to our national politicians and prominent citizens?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In general, the JBS believes that virtually all of our national leaders and prominent politicians and public figures over the past 80 years have been traitors or "agents" of a "conspiracy of gangsters" who intend to eviscerate our Constitution, destroy our freedoms, and bring us into a "one-world socialist dictatorship".  
View Quote

Take away the conspiracy aspect and they're absolutely correct.

Remind me again of why you're so worked up about this?

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#48]
No offense (people say this right before uttering something offensive), but you're coming across as a bit...unhinged.

It's a welcome break from trayvon.ar15.com, though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP, can you tell us how the JBS affects any of us in any meaningful way?  This seems to be your life's mission--but it frankly strikes me as tilting at windmills.  
View Quote

BEEKEEPER:  The answer to your question cannot be presented here in any detail due to space limitations.  I would simply offer this brief comment:

A free society cannot survive and prosper if every difference of political opinion is presented as some cosmic struggle between ultimate good and ultimate evil.   A free society cannot survive and prosper when decent, honorable, principled Americans are defamed and demonized through malicious falsehoods and exaggerations or thru rumor, gossip, hearsay, etc.

Falsely accusing someone of being disloyal, of being a traitor, or being undeserving of respect or accusing them of engaging in illegal or subversive or "un-American" activities because of their political opinions is a violation of God's 9th Commandment.

You can draw your own conclusions about what all this means to you and your family.  Just pretend that YOUR name is falsely associated with descriptive terms like "Communist", "traitor", "un-American", "conspiracy of gangsters" etc. and perhaps you will understand my point.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No offense (people say this right before uttering something offensive), but you're coming across as a bit...unhinged.

It's a welcome break from trayvon.ar15.com, though.
View Quote

I think he sounds perfectly reasonable.

Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top