Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTE

In before the edit.  

My name is Rufus P Wardington and I approve this post.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought that you said you were going to delete this 'rant'? Was I mistaken, or did you change your mind?

I don't know how to do that, and you didn't tell me how to in my IM to you.

You know my real name, my telephone number, and what my address is, so you have everything you need to teach me whatever manners you think I need to learn.

Eric The(Right?)Hun

I didn't save that info. Never thought I'd need it again.

I THOUGHT we had achieved an understanding of each other  UNTIL you chose to call me Hamas and inflame tensions.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, Sir, you miss the point!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun

The point is  you can violate the CoC. edit other peoples posts and besmirch other peoples user names while whining if others besmirch yours.

In other words, this is you little dictatorship.

Absolute power corrupts absoutely.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#7]
geez. give it up already! posting someone's real name is something you just don't do!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Post from hielo -

Nope I disagree.  If you felt there was a violation of the COC, you really only have two choices, lock the message and move it over into the mod forum or have nother mod edit the message.

Having been the recipient of edited posts in the past, I can say that you are incorrect.

The real name that was used was MY real name. I do not need another Mod to tell me that, 'Yep, you need to remove your real name.'

I have also deleted scat pics in the past, without any approval, simply because 'time is of the essence' in such matters, as it is when personal information is posted on the Board.  

By editing the message yourself, you stepped over the bounds.

No, not at all. As I say, I would do it with YOUR name and address, and I would NOT seek anyone else's approval to do so. It is simply AGAINST the Code of Conduct.

Nor is there any issue over deleting something that cannot be easily remembered, for the edit was only of my name, nothing else!

Eric The(SuitableForEverydayUse)Hun

You are missing the essence of the problem, we, the un-annoited see yuo engaged in a heated debate with another non-annoited, you take it upon yourslef to edit that users message.  THat is plainely wrong, the only troublesome thing I see is that you do not see it.

You had the option to move the offending message to a place where it was notin the public eye, or have another mod edit this users post.  You chose to edit it yourself, and truley no one will know if you edited something like an name and address or you edited out something you did not want to respond to.  It looks bad, it smells bad.  You were wrong, and there is nothign wrong with admitting when you are wrong.  

While we are not a democracy here, I do not doubt that a plurality of the users woudl nto agree.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Please let it be true! Wipe them off the face of the earth.
As far as Syria is concerned...

Amos  1:3 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have threshed Gilead with threshing instruments of iron:  

Isaiah  17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

It will happen!

Why is it when I read the above I can't help but hear this voice ...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
geez. give it up already! posting someone's real name is something you just don't do!

True, but the rest of us do not know if it was a name that was deleteed or something the moderator edited out for other reasons.

I would have had not problem with it if the thread were moved, or any other mod did the editing, but to allow a participant in a debate to edit a message is unethical.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

First, I did not violate any Code of Conduct rule. You did.

Let's see:

5.) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like).
:)]

Well, here's something as a lawyer you should understand - personal contact info is NOT the same as ones name.

And you DID violate the CoC - NO PERSONAL INSULTS.

ANYONE would consider being called Hamas as insulting as there exists.

You whine when others insult your screen name, but you freely do it to others.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm his illegitimate brother Elmore and I approve of his message too!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You would be surprised how little authority that I have around here. I'm too high strung to be given much power!

Heheheh.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm his illegitimate brother Elmore and I approve of his message too!

ELMORE!  I havent seen you since the koons knocked over old man wilsons trailor home into the river.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but the rest of us do not know if it was a name that was deleteed or something the moderator edited out for other reasons.

Wait! hielo, you have the author of the post right here before you!

Ask garandman if there was anything removed from his posts OTHER than my real name.

He is a Christian and I will say in advance that he will tell the truth!

How's that for trusting?

I would have had not problem with it if the thread were moved, or any other mod did the editing, but to allow a participant in a debate to edit a message is unethical.

Sorry, but when the issue is a name, and only a name, time is of the essence in remving it.

The entire thread should not have to be moved, sent to another forum, debated, and then reposted, simply to remove a scat photo, or a name.

If you have that much time on your hands, you should be a Mod!

Eric The(Efficient)Hun

Thank you Eric, but no, while I know that GarandMan is a man of his word, I don't have the physical record of the transaction to validate it.  

Your doing this, and your unabashed acceptance of it makes me question the fundamnetals of what we have here.

Of course YMMV, and it obviously does.  In that case, there really is nothign I can do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#18]
ETH didn't remove anything other than his name.

Which STILL is NOT something a Moderator should do.

A Moderator SHOULD NOT engage in such inflammatory discussions and ALSO play referree.

What escapes me is WHY ETH is SOO afraid of his own name.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#20]
"Eric," you cannot associate someone with Hamas and then claim you did not insult them.

Come on, you're smarter than that.

"Sorry, but I insulted no one.

I made a comment, and you understood that the comment was directed towards you!

So, I think, if there was any insult, you insulted yourself!"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#21]
settle down, ladies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I made a comment, and you understood that the comment was directed towards you!

So, I think, if there was any insult, you insulted yourself!

There are places where HAMAS is celebrated, but recall the word that I used was 'HAMAS' and I didn't direct that remark to you!

You took it and ran!

And yet you also JUST psoted "I use the word Hamas and everyone knows who I'm referring to."

Your lawyeresque method of playing fast and loose with teh truth and use of  innuendo is beneath decency.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#23]

by ETH:
When I say the 'HAMAS' wing of the AR15.com Board, you know that I'm talking about you!

by ETH:
the word that I used was 'HAMAS' and I didn't direct that remark to you!

In the SAME thread.

Yer nutz Eric. Certifiable.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#24]
For the non-Christians out there:

This is why Christians are big on "grace", the unmerited and undeserved blessing and forgiveness from God.  We need it , very desperately.

So please realize that we Christians often disagree, and even say evil things to each other.  Even though we're Christians.  We all still need God's grace.

So please don't let this bickering confuse you.

For the Christians out there:

See why we should choose our words carefully.  "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."  Colossian 4:5-6, and yes this is a gentle rebuke for those that will hear it.

For ErictheHun and Garandman:

This has gone quite far enough for two brothers.  ErictheHun, you shouldn't have pushed Garandman's buttons so hard.  Garandman, you shouldn't have posted ErictheHun's personal information.

Now forgive each other and resolve not to get into this fight again, for Christ's sake.

Brisk(NotTakingTheLord'sNameInVainThisTime)322
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Wll, here's my repentance for posting ETH's real name.

I was seeing red at the moment, but it was WRONG to do, and while I do not understand the why of it, its obvious ETH took offense, and for that I apologize and ask forgiveness.

No excuses, I was wrong.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Excellent post, Brisk.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may say whatever manner of evil that you wish about 'Eric The Hun.'

Actually, NO, you whined about that too. I once questioned your patriotism.

You had an internet anuerism.

I apoloized, promising not to do  it again.

Then you call me Hamas.

And you claim that's OK. Typical double standard.

When I say the 'HAMAS' wing of the AR15.com Board, you know that I'm talking about you!

When you say 'Israeli sychophant', I know that you are talking about me.

Fair enough?

Of course it is, and that is just the sort of give and take that we all engage in here on this Board.  In matters of politics and religion, as well.

You wish to take it to a personal level, and I don't.

You know my name, my telephone number, and my address. If you have anything you wish to say to me in person, you may do so at your convenience.

What you may NOT do, is to post that information on this Board!

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Post from garandman:

by ETH:

by ETH:

I did not say that 'garandman represents the 'HAMAS' wing of AR15.com', so it was NOT directed to you.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#31]
God be praised.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Here is my repentence!

I am sorry, garandman, that I offended you in any manner.

This is not the manner in which we should act towards one another. He wouldn't appreciate it at all!

So, I would rather my own heart be broken, than His.

Eric The(Penitent)Hun

Shalom. We'll BOTH  have to work to keep it that way.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Post from garandman:

by ETH:

by ETH:

I did not say that 'garandman represents the 'HAMAS' wing of AR15.com', so it was NOT directed to you.

You used the phrase 'Israeli sychophants' but you did not direct it to me.

See?

You knew I was talking about you and I knew you were talking about me, but NO ONE ELSE needed to know.

They may guess, they may think, but they don't know. So you did NOT have to defend yourself, nor did I have to defend myself from each others' veiled references.

You decided that you would. I decided that it was not necessary.

Eric The(Realistic)Hun

Damnit ETH you're cheatin' on me! I thought I was the only one you argued with !
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my repentence!

I am sorry, garandman, that I offended you in any manner.

This is not the manner in which we should act towards one another. He wouldn't appreciate it at all!

So, I would rather my own heart be broken, than His.

Eric The(Penitent)Hun

Shalom. We'll BOTH  have to work to keep it that way.

do ya'll argue just to kiss and hug each other at the end?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What happens between garandman and me, stays between garandman and me!

Eric The(IKeepKosher!)Hun

geez, i hope so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
do ya'll argue just to kiss and hug each other at the end?

Brisk322Sierra_Hombre

Thank you, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait! hielo, you have the author of the post right here before you!

Ask garandman if there was anything removed from his posts OTHER than my real name.

He is a Christian and I will say in advance that he will tell the truth!

How's that for trusting?

Sorry, but when the issue is a name, and only a name, time is of the essence in remving it.

The entire thread should not have to be moved, sent to another forum, debated, and then reposted, simply to remove a scat photo, or a name.

If you have that much time on your hands, you should be a Mod!

Eric The(Efficient)Hun

Thank you Eric, but no, while I know that GarandMan is a man of his word, I don't have the physical record of the transaction to validate it.  

Your doing this, and your unabashed acceptance of it makes me question the fundamnetals of what we have here.

Of course YMMV, and it obviously does.  In that case, there really is nothign I can do.

If EricTheHun had deleted parts of garandman's post other than the personal information, garandman would have said so himself a long time ago. It would be a disadvantage for garandman to keep quiet about mischevious editing in an argument.

Going by what you are insinuating, then mods should never be allowed to have discussions on this board, because it is "disengenueous" to have the ability to edit post. NONSENSE!!! Most of these mods helped build what ar15.com is today before they were mods and just lowly members with no editing power.

Keep the tinfoil hat on buddy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I kinda thought that when that rocket hit that wheelchair.....

....that the "gloves were off".

Hamas has declared war on the US as well as Israel.
Hezbollah killed my Marine brothers.
If you think that Hamas and Hezbollah are not in cohootz...

....You're just dumb.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I kinda thought that when that rocket hit that wheelchair.....

....that the "gloves were off".

Not quite Cincinnatus,

At the moment Israel only goes after them on home turf, not overseas or in other countries, now we may see assinations whenever and wherever they hide like they did with the Black September members who were responsible for the Munich Massacre.

"Wide-ranging Israeli actions to catch or kill terrorists and their sponsors date back to the Munich Olympics in 1972 where eight Palestinians from the Black September terrorist group murdered 11 Israeli athletes and a German policeman. Israel’s response was an unremitting worldwide campaign to find and kill every terrorist involved in the act. Similarly, Israeli agents hunted down the PLO’s top military leader and second in command, Abu Jihad, who was personally responsible for the deaths of scores of Israelis. In a 1987 operation that featured submarine-borne commandos and shore-based intelligence officers, Abu Jihad was killed in his bed in Tunis, Tunisia.

Since the start of the first Palestinian uprising or intifada in December 1987, and continuing through the latest uprising that began in September 2000, Israel’s targeted killings of terrorists have been restricted to the Middle East, and mostly within its own borders. Employing techniques ranging from sniping to helicopter gunship strikes on moving cars to tiny bombs hidden in cell phones, Israeli operatives have planned pin-point strikes that kill criminals, usually without harming innocent people around them. According to Palestinian sources, Israel has killed more than 60 Palestinians over the past year in this way, heading off untold numbers of attacks. Compared to America’s penchant for going after terrorists with cruise missile strikes it can be argued that a pinpoint assassination is actually much more humane, controlled, and gentle on non-combatants.

Israel is a democracy, bound by standing legal procedures, and consistent with this, the nation’s targeted killings are authorized in a special process intended to ensure government oversight. Senior Israeli officials we spoke to in October explained that in practice the procedure operates like this: An intelligence agency will approach the mini-cabinet (composed of Israel’s prime minister, defense minister, and foreign minister) with information about an impending terrorist attack, or the definite involvement of one or more individuals in a past attack. They will make the case for assassination. With the attorney general acting as a non-voting adviser to the process, the members of the mini-cabinet then vote whether to permit an assassination. Every case is decided individually, and the quality of the evidence, the urgency of the threat, the timing of any assassination, and likely political fallout are all considered in the decision-making process. The threat of an imminent attack by a specific terrorist is likely to yield a decision in favor of a targeted killing. A more general request to kill a senior Palestinian political leader, on the other hand, is unlikely to be sanctioned, for fear of international repercussions and the possibility of retaliation against Israeli politicians."

www.taemag.com/issues/articleid.15451/article_detail.asp

Andy
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Please let it be true! Wipe them off the face of the earth.
As far as Syria is concerned...

Amos  1:3 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have threshed Gilead with threshing instruments of iron:  

Isaiah  17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

It will happen!

They sure seem to be asking for it
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Those Babaganoush bastards will pay!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top