Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, they made Tom Cruise remove the offensive patch from his jacket in the new Top Gun flic.
Whatever Winnie the Xi wants he gets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They'd be crazy not to.  The time will never be better than now.  The administration is still new, and haven't figured out how hard they have to push back in these areas.  Chiden may get to the point where he has to respond to some foreign threats in order to appear less illegitimate.  Right now, Chiden doesn't know where he is, and Barry is bothering to tell him.

The CCP desparately wants Taiwan. Now is the time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately that is where most of the wafer fabrication facilities are for the semiconductor industry.  If you give up Taiwan then where will the US get its chips?  It should never had got to this point but it has.  Our politicians, bankers and corporate heads have sold this country out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give it to them.  At this point, we have more to worry about with our own country.

Unfortunately that is where most of the wafer fabrication facilities are for the semiconductor industry.  If you give up Taiwan then where will the US get its chips?  It should never had got to this point but it has.  Our politicians, bankers and corporate heads have sold this country out.

So, just "Capitalism" then, right? It's just good business. Wonder if anything that these "Leaders of the free world, and Captains of Industry" did was actually illegal? Since laws matter so much to everyone. No laws broken, no harm no foul?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
How much will they pay Hunter to "consult" with them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They'd be crazy not to.  The time will never be better than now.  The administration is still new, and haven't figured out how hard they have to push back in these areas.  Chiden may get to the point where he has to respond to some foreign threats in order to appear less illegitimate.  Right now, Chiden doesn't know where he is, and Barry is bothering to tell him.

The CCP desparately wants Taiwan. Now is the time.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
They didn't give Hunter billions for nothing, surrender no, sold.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Because they have actually free elections,  unlike us.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bidet will nothing to protect Taiwan. China knows it, they will invade in less than 4 months.
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Give it to them.  At this point, we have more to worry about with our own country.

View Quote
No.
Give them the

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How long before Taiwan or Japan announce their fully functioning and deployed physics package?
View Quote

Last week if I were them.

Something dramatic needs to happen to hold the line.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
He will absolutely sell them the fuck out. Not even a question.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Honestly Taiwan just needs their own nukes at this point.  It's the only way they can truly be free of the Chinese threat.
View Quote

And a lot of them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
He will sooner or later
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Might as well give Cali to China as well. Nothing more than a parasite on the west coast.
View Quote

Could happen, would go a long to paying down the US national debt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bidet will nothing to protect Taiwan. China knows it, they will invade in less than 4 years.
View Quote

Within (2) years.  

They'll make a play for Taiwan before Biden mentally grenades which I believe is before 2023.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Xiden is going to hand Taiwan to the Chinese with a smile and a hand shake.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
We'll be lucky if uncle fucky doesn't surrender the United States to china...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think, at the moment, a US Navy Carrier Battle Group could probably take the Red Chinese coast guard in a stand up fight.  Four years from now, I’m not so sure.
View Quote

If uncle fuckhead let's them fight back...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep, Taiwan is fucked and they know it. No way in hell we will offer anything more then token assistance when the chicoms invade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bidet will nothing to protect Taiwan. China knows it, they will invade in less than 4 years.

Yep, Taiwan is fucked and they know it. No way in hell we will offer anything more then token assistance when the chicoms invade.

To be fair, I'd be willing to bet no president since Reagan would be willing to go toe to toe with China over Taiwan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Bidding is still going on. Big Guy want a cut of the largest bid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#22]
ROC would put up a hell of a fight.  Joey would wring his hands and have our naval task force withdraw from the area if China does cut off any air or sea transpo to the island.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ROC would put up a hell of a fight.  Joey would wring his hands and have our naval task force withdraw from the area if China does cut off any air or sea transpo to the island.

View Quote

I hope the ROC pop nukes, germs, chemicals, and dump every last lead acid battery, bad oil, and industrial waste on China and their own lands before it is over.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#24]
All of Asia is justifiably scared right now (except Duturte who's been selling out his country since he got in office).  I'd put money down that the number of incursions into Taiwan is dramatically ramped up in the next couple of months to gauge the response.  I'd also bet money that Japan either has nukes or has the parts kits sitting in a bunker (screw cap A into body B and insert entire device into rocket part C, face towards enemy and push red button marked launch)- kinda like Saudi Arabia and a few other countries supposedly do.  

I definitely think we'll see more vessels shot at and some sunk in the upcoming months.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hope the ROC pop nukes, germs, chemicals, and dump every last lead acid battery, bad oil, and industrial waste on China and their own lands before it is over.
View Quote

Having been to China, I can tell you that the nukes are the only thing in your list that they haven't been actively dumping on themselves for decades now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To be fair, I'd be willing to bet no president since Reagan would be willing to go toe to toe with China over Taiwan.
View Quote

Trump might have. The important bit is ensuring that the juice isn't worth the red squeeze.

10-12-20 Trump sells arms packages to Taiwan
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intel can still make CPUs without China or Taiwan, they just have to shuffle their packaging and supply chains, which would raise prices and constrain supply for a while. Micron can also crank out as much DRAM and NAND as we need without China or Taiwan. Micron already transitioned a lot of their packaging operations from China to Mexico because of the trade war.

AMD, Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Qualcomm, etc. would all be fucked though. NVIDIA could keep partial operations going as long as the Chinese don’t target Korea thanks to using Samsung with their newer generation chips. China blockades Korea and we lose NVIDIA, Samsung, and Hynix as well.

Intel would need to get into the motherboard game pretty quickly as I’m not sure we have any board makers left outside Taiwan. Shouldn’t be too big a problem though, especially with a DoD subsidy in time of war, as Intel already makes the most complicated chips on the motherboards and controls the code.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm not up to speed on foreign relations, why do we give a fuck about Taiwan?
View Quote

Because we have treaty to protect them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

The Chinese Coast Guard vs a US Navy carrier battle group

What exactly are the Chinese going to do?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Taiwan is good people.  They are like us.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Well I for one have doubts that China will invade Taiwan.  Even if they think Biden lacks the backbone to aid Taiwan (an ally and vision of what freedom is supposed to look like) the Taiwanese have not sat idly by.  Their military is modern.  Sure lots smaller than China has but not insignificant.  And there is 100 miles of open sea between China and Taiwan.  

So the question becomes does China have the balls to pay the price to take Taiwan?  Certainly they can but their losses will be significant and expose the fact they are second rate compared to modern tech such as the US possesses.  Their airforce will take a major hit and the number of ships at the bottom of the sea will be large.  And the impact on world attitude towards them could be a backlash seeing many of their markets shunning them.  They factor it all in.

I am also unsure of how neighboring countries would react.  Japan is a strong ally of the US and might get involved just to force our hand.  They would love to see the US Navy square off with China and set them back 20 years.  

Yeah, Biden is a quisling but don't be so sure China will be so bold.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  I hate it for them, but I hate it for US more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Chinese Coast Guard vs a US Navy carrier battle group

What exactly are the Chinese going to do?
View Quote

Sink the carriers with 3000 non nuclear ballistic missiles
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Taiwan has nuclear power. Wouldn't surprise me if a technically advanced industrial country such as Taiwan had nukes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Consumers have.

One item manufactured here in the states costs much more with all the overhead, taxes and whatever else is tacked on for overhead.

The other item is free from those and a cheaper wage.

One item on the shelf costs $1 since it was made with cheap labor

The exact same thing costs $2 since it was made
here

Average consumer will pick the lower priced item. It’s the free market deciding this. Sure some individuals may pick the more expensive item based on principals or quality.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because we are a Nation founded on Liberty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because we are a Nation founded on Liberty.

Founded on liberty and cautioned against foreign entanglements.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Americans have no right talking about defending "freedom" and "democracy" around the world after that shitshow of an election.

Fix your own country first.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is what I was thinking. Taiwan needs to team up with Japan and build nukes while they can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long before Taiwan or Japan announce their fully functioning and deployed physics package?

That is what I was thinking. Taiwan needs to team up with Japan and build nukes while they can.
Under a bunch of treaties post WW2 I'm pretty sure Japan isn't allowed to have nukes.

Seems bizarre but the rationale is if they build a nuclear weapon, they might use it on the United States as retaliation for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Right after WW2 it made sense but in 2021 I think it needs to be revisited since I don't see Japan suddenly turning on the US.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I think I recall some pentagon general recently saying something like... "weakness is provocative.."

we may be screwed
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

This would be very smart of the Japanese and Taiwanese. Might as well include Australia and South Korea. If I were in the government of any those countries, I’d be pressing that hard. Might entice India at this point in the same alliance...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Every country in the region should be shitting themselves and loading mags. Uncle Joe won't stop any Chinese aggression anywhere in the South China Sea. Shit, It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled our forces off of Guam and a "goodwill gesture".

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Taiwan just needs enough explosives to destroy one, already destabilized, dam.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It’s the computer silicon wafer headquarters of the planet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the computer silicon wafer headquarters of the planet.

Time to neckbeard computers, cell phones, and all other electronics.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Intel can still make CPUs without China or Taiwan, they just have to shuffle their packaging and supply chains, which would raise prices and constrain supply for a while. Micron can also crank out as much DRAM and NAND as we need without China or Taiwan. Micron already transitioned a lot of their packaging operations from China to Mexico because of the trade war.

AMD, Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Qualcomm, etc. would all be fucked though. NVIDIA could keep partIntel would need to get into the motherboard game pretty quickly as I’m not sure we have any board makers left outside Taiwan. Shouldn’t be too big a problem though, especially with a DoD subsidy in time of war, as Intel already makes the most complicated chips on the motherboards and controls the code.ial operations going as long as the Chinese don’t target Korea thanks to using Samsung with their newer generation chips. China blockades Korea and we lose NVIDIA, Samsung, and Hynix as well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMD, Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Qualcomm, etc. would all be fucked though. NVIDIA could keep partIntel would need to get into the motherboard game pretty quickly as I’m not sure we have any board makers left outside Taiwan. Shouldn’t be too big a problem though, especially with a DoD subsidy in time of war, as Intel already makes the most complicated chips on the motherboards and controls the code.ial operations going as long as the Chinese don’t target Korea thanks to using Samsung with their newer generation chips. China blockades Korea and we lose NVIDIA, Samsung, and Hynix as well.  

There's a lot produced at TSMC and UMC.  I know Intel and TI have their own fabs but it would still put the US in a  huge bind.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#46]
My bet China has a lot of dirt on Joe Biden. Biden will do nothing. But as someone else has said Taiwan does have a military that can do a lot of damage.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#47]
We will continue our training and defense mission relationship, military positioning, and military sales just as we have been.

We will also continue to use tortured language that, publicly, describes the Republic of China as something other than an independent nation, just as we have been.

The People's Republic will continue with their military maneuvers, and expanding reach into China Sea and beyond, just as they have been.

And the People's Republic will continue to press their true front with the Republic of China via socioeconomic subversion, just as they have been.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Taiwan gets a say.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Behind the scenes, He'll help China invade, for a few million $$$.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Let me correct myself.  He will NOT sell out Taiwan.  He will achieve peace through the reunification of brothers and sisters across the water.  He will honor tradition and the finest American values by rescuing sheep who have strayed for the benefit of the entire flock.  He will smash the divisive influence of nationalism for the benefit of all persons.  The world will be safe and secure through the bold leadership of the American President.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top