Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't do that to my dog, but.. abuse? no.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's not too bad.  I've heard of worse.

Word was in jump school that the C.O. jumped with the battalion mascot strapped to his chest.  (Confirmed by said C.O.)

The dogs name was Geronimo.

C.O. got pissed on for his trouble!  

I can understand that.  Before you jump with a dog you're suppose to have it surgically prepped.  The digestive tract is sewn up so that it won't twist and get knotted up during the fall.  If you just grab a mascot that's never been prepped, not only could you kill it... you'd make it suffer a lot first.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a shit, it's food.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sheesh, where have we come as a society where someone / thing who is clearly having fun is allegedly being "abused?"

Some of this thread reminds me of the stupid YouTube comments where people who take their kids shooting are supposedly "abusing" them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Take yore 20 pound AR with every accessory made hung off it and take it to the range instead of fucking with that dog...
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Not abuse, just stupid with the potential of the dog being seriously hurt or dead. The dog doesn't know where he is, when he wants out of the harness I am sure he could get himself out, no matter how "secure" he may look.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you do it to a 3 year old human?

To be honest, the puppy doesn't look that freaked out (tail is up - not tucked) but I wouldn't do it to a dog or cat or a person that didn't want to do it.  -shrug-

That's terrible logic. I could easily kill a puppy, but I wouldn't kill a three year old.

Wow.  What a guy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, the puppy doesn't look that freaked out (tail is up - not tucked) but I wouldn't do it to a dog or cat or a person that didn't want to do it.  -shrug-

That's terrible logic. I could easily kill a puppy, but I wouldn't kill a three year old.

No it isn't.

Animals are not people.  Killing an animal is not morally (or psychologically) equivalent to killing humans.  

So, to you, it's perfectly acceptable to kill animals for no good reason?

How about torture them?  Is that OK, as long as it isn't a kid?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I read an article about SAS/Delta Force types sky diving with dogs into Afghanistan and it seems that dogs don't conceptualize heights like we do.  I doubt the dog was scared.

found the link

My lab is 100% afraid of heights...just like his owner.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Was what he did dumb, yes. Was it animal cruelty no.

Had that puppy flipped out and twisted out of the harness and fell to it's death or serious injury, yes that would be animal cruelty. Joe Cool would have gotten to live the rest of his life knowing he killed that dog because he was a fucking moron.

Some animals like some people are more likely to be in dangerous situations, that dog isn't one of them and that person thinks it was funny or cute or whatever to do. Cops and cop dogs do stuff everyday the vast majority of us never would think about doing.

Putting a pet into a situation that is dangerous for no benefit is dumb. that guy is dumb.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  What a guy.

Quit being ridiculous. Killing a puppy is nowhere near as bad as killing a human child. Society agrees with me. If you don't believe me, go kill a puppy, then go kill a child. I wonder which one you'll get 30 years/death penalty for? Oh yeah, it'll be the kid. I don't run around torturing small animals, but killing a puppy wouldn't trouble my sleep in the slightest.

Shit, when I was in Iraq, I killed a dog with a cinder block during a raid. We needed quiet, and the dog wouldn't quit barking. Couldn't shoot it, because the shot would have given us away. I slept like a baby that night. Y'all need to get fucking real.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Um... no.

Of course these days serving your dog ground beef instead of steak is "abuse"

I dated a girl who fed her dogs raw meat on a frequent basis.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  What a guy.

Quit being ridiculous. Killing a puppy is nowhere near as bad as killing a human child. Society agrees with me. If you don't believe me, go kill a puppy, then go kill a child. I wonder which one you'll get 30 years/death penalty for? Oh yeah, it'll be the kid. I don't run around torturing small animals, but killing a puppy wouldn't trouble my sleep in the slightest.

Shit, when I was in Iraq, I killed a dog with a cinder block during a raid. We needed quiet, and the dog wouldn't quit barking. Couldn't shoot it, because the shot would have given us away. I slept like a baby that night. Y'all need to get fucking real.

I figure most people here agree....that killing a child IS worse...but the fact that your saying you can kill a puppy, without it bothering you in the least, is ... disturbing to some here.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I read that SOG guys in Vietnam launched a monkey w/ a mortar to show the local fighters how the Space Program works.

We did that in seventh grade science class.
It was awesome!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty animal rights as far as this place goes, and I didn't see anything that qualifies as animal abuse in the slightest.

Play toss with a puppy or kitten (as in, pick them up and toss them onto a couch/bed), and 9 times out of 10 they think it's a really fun game.

Hell, I've got a cat that *knows* when it's vet trip day - and hides like a motherfucker.  Am I being abusive when (if) I find the furry little shit, stuff him in a carrier and/or car, drive him to the vet while he's meowing up a storm, and subject him to their diabolical treatments?

That rat dog, erm, puppy suffered far less on a zip line ride than he would at the vets.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top