Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're all rapists, murderers, and welfare abusers according to GD.
View Quote

That's a reaction by the right to the "poor me" dialogue that leftists have been pushing for the past 60 years.  When over half of young black males are in prison you have to expect some criticism.

For whatever it's worth I think you guys are okay.  I sure wish that blacks would step back from the Democrats but given the current state of education in this country it's an unlikely hope at best.

It does make me happy to see that there are conservative black Americans such as yourself out there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad fact is, even without out the whole black people commit all the crime,murder,rape, we would still be hated because we are black! That's just the way this country is and will remain, people would just find another reason to hate us if everyone of us was an upstanding citizen , oh look at that one, he too black, that one over there has a big ole nose, look at her weave , Jesus the size of her buttocks look look!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't say there was a singular monolithic black culture, though I guess I can see how that may be inferred.  Allow me to say, there is not a single monolithic culture for blacks, whites, or Americans for that matter  That's not how culture works.  However it cannot be ignored that there are certainly cultures that can be accurately described as both distinctly black/"afro" and distinctly American in origin as well as common practice.  This is probably most notable in the American southeast.  Being from coastal South Carolina, the Gullah language and culture are always the first thing that come to mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ITT people (yeah, white people) will display ignorance on multiple levels.  
Is there Black American culture? Yes, there has been since the first Africans were brought over.  As time goes on, parts of that culture are appropriated, rightfully or wrongfully, and/or adopted by the masses and thus become American culture.

Then school me.

What does black culture in America mean? What traditions and customs does a black banker in New York share with a black dock worker in Seattle?

So far, the majority in this thread belive that rap music is black culture. So maybe they both like rap, but what else? What is this unifying culture from which all black Americans subscribe too?

I didn't say there was a singular monolithic black culture, though I guess I can see how that may be inferred.  Allow me to say, there is not a single monolithic culture for blacks, whites, or Americans for that matter  That's not how culture works.  However it cannot be ignored that there are certainly cultures that can be accurately described as both distinctly black/"afro" and distinctly American in origin as well as common practice.  This is probably most notable in the American southeast.  Being from coastal South Carolina, the Gullah language and culture are always the first thing that come to mind.

See, now we might actually be cooking with gas.

What is being portrayed by SJWs (and dudes here) is that there is a monolithic culture for black Americans and for whites.

I'll freely admit to regional communities having their own cultures based on race and country of origin. Russians are extremely bad with this, especially newly emigrated ones.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I like how both sides are arguing with me.

One seems to think I'm trying to disparage, while the other thinks I'm trying to white Knight.

<3 you GD. Stay gold.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't belive there is.

What does a black guy in WA state share culturally with a black guy in Florida?
View Quote
Thug life, I would suppose.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't belive there is.

That don't count.

He is talking about culture that you can find in any black community regardless of location or income level.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

You don't think the lefts constant meddling has anything to do with where a good chunk of blacks and an ever growing amount of whites, are at?

K.

What does Africa have to do with blacks in America?

When's the last time Ireland and it's struggles been brought up when discussing whites in America?

Irrelevant.
View Quote

The left has most definitely created the "plantation of dependency". That's a part of it. Not all of it.

The Africa example illustrates a very tough to refute "high" water mark that is a pattern that is impossible to ignore.....and no, colonialism is no more of an explanation of current affairs as slavery is in the US.

The glaring, obvious difference between the CONTINENT of Africa and the NATION of Ireland, is that Ireland is a first world, prosperous, advanced society. By all measure, they've got their shit together.

Africa (the ENTIRE continent) on the other hand is a universally, dysfunctional, unstable, violent, 3rd world pile of crap from one end to the other......and has been for many generations with zero signs of improvement.

Did the left create that too?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The left has most definitely created the "plantation of dependency". That's a part of it. Not all of it.

The Africa example illustrates a very tough to refute "high" water mark that is a pattern that is impossible to ignore.....and no, colonialism is no more of an explanation of current affairs as slavery is in the US.

The glaring, obvious difference between the CONTINENT of Africa and the NATION of Ireland, is that Ireland is a first world, prosperous, advanced society. By all measure, they've got their shit together.

Africa (the ENTIRE continent) on the other hand is a universally, dysfunctional, unstable, violent, 3rd world pile of crap from one end to the other......and has been for many generations with zero signs of improvement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You don't think the lefts constant meddling has anything to do with where a good chunk of blacks and an ever growing amount of whites, are at?

K.

When's the last time Ireland and it's struggles been brought up when discussing whites in America?

Irrelevant.

I'm not versed enough in African history to comment, and again is irrelevant as most black Americans are separated by the continent by hundreds of years.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

K.

Irrelevant.

Colonialism, and faction in it's aftermath is responsible for that.

It took Europe from the end of the last ice age up until less than 600 years ago to form a culture technologically capable of taking over large swaths of the planet by the force of arms. China had the ability to do it 200 years before we did, and chose not to.

What you are doing is expecting other cultures to adapt to something in a few generations when it took Europe 10,000 years.  

I f A group of people armed with muskets and cannon were to invade a empire like Rome, the Romans would have been wiped out. Just as the romans wiped out people due to their tech advantage.

Cultural and technological advancement was dependent on a bunch of random shit in history. It was not the result of racial superiority.  

All of the groups of people who would later become colonial powers in Africa and asia got their asses handed to them by the Romans. They were used as chattel slaves and treated as beneath contempt for a thousand years until they finally destroyed Rome, and then it took the better part of another 800 years to reform society using the left overs from Roman times.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not versed enough in African history to comment, and again is irrelevant as most black Americans are separated by the continent by hundreds of years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K.

Irrelevant.

Most American Irish immigrants are separated from Ireland by a couple hundred years too.

I must be missing all the Irish ghettos attached to every major American city.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you joking!?

Of course there is.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#12]
yep. Go to any inner city. It is a culture like no other.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Most American Irish immigrants are separated from Ireland by a couple hundred years too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

K.

Irrelevant.

Wait. Are you being serious?

Did you forget the whole 19th and early 20th centuries in America?

ETA: Actually, the American Irish is basically what would have happened to Blacks if the left hadn't have meddled.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#14]
walk through an inner city in America and you will see it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sad fact is, even without out the whole black people commit all the crime,murder,rape, we would still be hated because we are black! That's just the way this country is and will remain, people would just find another reason to hate us if everyone of us was an upstanding citizen , oh look at that one, he too black, that one over there has a big ole nose, look at her weave , Jesus the size of her buttocks look look!
View Quote

Dude that's everywhere you go.  This isn't exactly a unique problem for the USA.  

People pretty much hate each other everywhere.  If it isn't skin color it's another ethnic issue.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dude that's everywhere you go.  This isn't exactly a unique problem for the USA.  

People pretty much hate each other everywhere.  If it isn't skin color it's another ethnic issue.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or a poverty issue.  the poor are always grasping at straws looking for a way to blame others for their situations.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
or a poverty issue.  the poor are always grasping at straws looking for a way to blame others for their situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welfare and crime go hand in hand IMO.

When you are stuck on a fixed income, and don't know how or where to get a job. Crime becomes an attractive option.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When you are stuck on a fixed income, and don't know how or where to get a job. Crime becomes an attractive option.
View Quote

I have a simple solution for you.........venture into the ghetto and tell the black people there that there is no black culture...........you will get your answer in very short order.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Is welfare a culture ?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I personally believe that the issue has been primed to be too sensitive to rationally discuss.  We've all been lead down this pathway of reactionary behavior because certain people don't want this issue to go away.

There is a lot of money to be made in chaos especially chaos that is controlled by a partial police state apparatus. This way investors can get a guaranteed return without worrying about a largely unpredictable result.

What's going to be interesting is what will happen when they push too far and the lid blows off.  At that point police and fiduciary lose importance, depending on how you look at it.

This whole racism thing is a manufactured issue in the USA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
ibtl and the king of the teeners vacation lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Is welfare a culture ?
View Quote

I think it can be argued that there is becoming a culture of welfare.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

ibtl and the king of the teeners vacation lol
View Quote

Its an honest question, with no racist opinions or motives.

If this was the thread that got me a vaca I would be pretty disappointed.

I've done so much worse in this forum
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have a simple solution for you.........venture into the ghetto and tell the black people there that there is no black culture...........you will get your answer in very short order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why can't I go up to a middle class black household and ask them?

The fact that you have to make them low income is proving my point for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

West coast rap is the same as east coast rap, or hell even Florida rap? ETA:Atleast that's what I'm assuming you're referring too.

Nah.

Style of dress and rap sheet?

That would be ghetto culture.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't belive there is.

Music, style of dress, rap sheet.

West coast rap is the same as east coast rap, or hell even Florida rap? ETA:Atleast that's what I'm assuming you're referring too.

Nah.

Style of dress and rap sheet?

That would be ghetto culture.

Meh. Here in the dirty south it is different, dey take dey shirts off & twist it like a helicopter, shake it like a polaroid, and yell Hootie Hoo (who) when Poe-Poe hit da block. You won't see that up in NYC or LA. Plus down here we gone...

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, you are young.............I should have said ANY black family.............the VAST majority will acknowledge there IS a black culture IMHO.

Jesus Christ, I lived with them for decades for god's sake.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your point again?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Apparently all music is stolen form them during the American slave era, or so I've been told
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA: Actually, the American Irish is basically what would have happened to Blacks if the left hadn't have meddled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

K.

Irrelevant.

You might want to look at America now. No need to time travel.

And I disagree completely about the American Irish premise. There are no literal shackles on anyone. The lefts plantation requires voluntary participation. There is a reason why it's magnet like attraction has an allure, today, to some and not others.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

People are stupid all over? I've never heard that kind of talk from what I would consider intelligent people. I have heard it from idiots.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ok, you are young.............I should have said ANY black family.............the VAST majority will acknowledge there IS a black culture IMHO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm living in what most people here would consider the "ghetto".

I see no behavior differences between races, or any unique culture.

If they said there was, I'd like to hear there explanation. So far rap music is the best GD can come up with as an example of Black American culture.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The point in the OP.

There is no Black American culture that is shared from coast to coast.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If they said there was, I'd like to hear there explanation. So far rap music is the best GD can come up with as an example of Black American culture.
View Quote

Well maybe you haven't been there very long but we had slavery for centuries and Jim Crow for another 100 years after that.............how in the world could there NOT have been a black culture created under those circumstances?

The black culture is centered on the very real cerebral black culture that developed from those many, many years of separation and segregation.

And 50 years of living under the Civil Rights Act is not enough time to see that obliterated yet............maybe little by little over time but too early yet IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And I disagree completely about the American Irish premise. There are no literal shackles on anyone. The lefts plantation requires voluntary participation. There is a reason why it's magnet like attraction has an allure, today, to some and not others.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if the Irish in America had been given special programs and as many social services as they could ever need after being upgraded from second class citizens, you think they would have turned out the same?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Completely disagree.  

Virtually nobody is judging black people by the color of their skin, or ever would.  It's universally recognized as insane to do so.  

If you were able to wave a magic wand and take away those negatives, I think you would find the open arms of the entire world waiting.

Black people need to fix this.  By themselves, and for themselves.  No amount of external influence, money, or support will ever work.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Well maybe you haven't been there very long but we had slavery for centuries and Jim Crow for another 100 years after that.............how in the world could there NOT have been a black culture created under those circumstances?

The black culture is centered on the very real cerebral black culture that developed from those many, many years of separation and segregation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that culture entail?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Millions see themselves as still being outside of the mainstream.

Many, many neighborhoods are still segregated for all intents and purposes..........you see different outward habits when it comes to music, religion practices, family structure where the woman is most often the head of the family (this came from slavery not the welfare system).

You see differences in more boisterous behavior at social events versus the more subdued behavior at white events.

Same for funerals, weddings, and many other social gatherings.

You see a more basic distrust of authority, more suspicion of "outside" society..........in fact regarding society as "two pronged" is a clear sign that there is a separate black culture.

I could go on, and on and on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion, music, food, language, fashion and high art...

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Many, many neighborhoods are still segregated for all intents and purposes..........you see different outward habits when it comes to music, religion practices, family structure where the woman is most often the head of the family (this came from slavery not the welfare system).

You see differences in more boisterous behavior at social events versus the more subdued behavior at white events.

You see a more basic distrust of authority, more suspicion of "outside" society..........in fact regarding society as "two pronged" is a clear sign that there is a separate black culture.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

See, this might actually be the first halfway convincing post ITT.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#40]
There once was and lest we forget, blacks gave us Jazz, Blues, the Charleston, artists like Josephine Baker, Louie Armstrong,Cab Calloway, Dizzy Gillispie and even break dancing.   Modernly we have Winton Marsalas, Brandon Marsalas, Jessie Norman.  Now its degenerate with rap, gangsta culture, pants down to the cheeks and other degenerate behavior.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#41]
And why do Blacks get credit for "Soul Food" when all it is is poor southern food. The same southern food the poor white folk were eating.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The only real culture I have been able to notice, is a lot of the older ones are "devout" Baptists and may drag the son to church but then allow the son to buy them stuff with illegal gains or register the car they bought with the drug money under their own name. Then they pray on Sunday for them boys to stop doing wrong

It really is baffling. And the insane names are found across the country

Not saying this is all of them by far, but unfortunately the majority

Oh and they ALL voted for OBAMA and the Democrats and most if not all, could not tell you a thing about them other than the D next to their name.
View Quote

This. >70% born out of wedlock but go to church three times a week.

TC
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

See, this might actually be the first halfway convincing post ITT.
View Quote

To be honest I don't blame them for having  the view that they are separate culture but I would have hoped this would be changing more than it has.

Maybe in a couple hundred more years we will be more of a "same" culture in the main..............heck, I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#44]
There is no black culture and there is no white culture.

There are those that are responsible and hard working and are good people

and there are those that are irresponsible, FSA and are bad people.

They come in both black and white. It has to do with upbringing and individual intellect on which path  people choose.

Unfortunately the democratic policies of free shit and rewarding irresponsible actions have created the current urban ghetto that breeds irresponsiblility and crime. Many escape it but many don't.

We had urban ghettos before FDR free shit policies, but they were filled largely with whole families and responsible people.

Since govt started rewarding irresponsible and criminal behavior we continue to get more of the same.

At some point today's urban ghetto will collapse society, but it has nothing to do with black or white.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They come in both black and white. It has to do with upbringing and individual intellect on which path  people choose.

Unfortunately the democratic policies of free shit and rewarding irresponsible actions have created the current urban ghetto that breeds irresponsiblility and crime. Many escape it but many don't.

We had urban ghettos before FDR free shit policies, but they were filled largely with whole families and responsible people.

Since govt started rewarding irresponsible and criminal behavior we continue to get more of the same.

At some point today's urban ghetto will collapse society, but it has nothing to do with black or white.
View Quote

when you live in an poor area controlled by criminal gangs, you join or they will kill you.

that is true everywhere.

do you think Mexico or chicago is the way it is because a majority want it that way?

Nope, it is that way because if you don't conform to the rules of the gangs, you will be met with violence.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#46]
The civil rights movement of the 60 was able equality and inclusion, now it is about exclusion and black pride and special treatment which is back to separating races and exclusion.

The govt is to blame for this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
when you live in an poor area controlled by criminal gangs, you join or they will kill you.

that is true everywhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that is true everywhere.

That's only true in 3rd world level areas(of which we have a few in the states).

My neighbor got hit 3 days in a row by the Marshal service. Bagged 3 on the first day, 2 on the second, and 1 on the last. They are mostly gang members.

No one has tried to make me join shit.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The civil rights movement of the 60 was able equality and inclusion, now it is about exclusion and black pride and special treatment which is back to separating races and exclusion.

The govt is to blame for this.
View Quote

You and me are singing the same tune.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

that is true everywhere.

do you think Mexico or chicago is the way it is because a majority want it that way?

Nope, it is that way because if you don't conform to the rules of the gangs, you will be met with violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is true everywhere.

and why isn't there a war on gangs?

why are gangs not delt with severely?

I don't disagree with you.

We have a govt that persecutes gun owners. Why do we have a govt that does not absolutely crack down on gangs?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And why do Blacks get credit for "Soul Food" when all it is is poor southern food. The same southern food the poor white folk were eating.
View Quote

Because for whatever reason the poor white people still couldn't season it properly to save their fucking life.

That was a joke but seriously, yall love some bland stuff.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top