Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No frackin' way..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't get it.

Is this question a result of some current event?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Went ahead and fixed that for ya kthx
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

....making it illegal to use free speech to influence Congress?

I thought McCain already DID that............
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

YES GCA 68 did that too. I get it. And I hold GCA in ONLY SLIGHTLY LESS contempt than FOPA for the reason stated - I'll be dammed if I'm gonna watch people I voted for pizz away my gun rights.

And THAT doesn't make any sense at all.

BOTH contained a MG ban.

But ONE (The 68 GCA) laid the foundation for ALL other restrictions INCLUDING the 86 MG Ban.

And the OTHER (the FOPA 86) restored many lost freedoms.

You do understand that FOPA is the Firearm Owners Protection Act right?

Had it NOT been passed the domestic MG ban would likely have been passed shortly after (probably in Bush Sr. term along with the 89 Import Ban) because it is the 68 GCA Sporter Clause (and NOT FOPA which you incorrectly believe) that is the foundation for picking and choosing "acceptable firearms."

The only difference would be additional restrictions that you simply wouldn't believe if you were subject to them today.

You are correct to be upset but you have the wrong target.

FOPA 86 is GOOD. The MG ban that was attached to it was BAD.

The MG Ban was the product of the 68 GCA, NOT FOPA.

And I'm guessing you voted for Bush Sr.? He pissed away a LOT of our rights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~wraithtouch/smartass.gif

Went ahead and fixed that for ya kthx

Clever. But what does "the pot smokers is that way" even mean?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No it was the gun Collectors and FFL Dealers Protection Act.

And the Second Amendment is the Militia Protection Act.

FOPA sold out the militia and teh Second Amendment for FFL dealers and gun collectors.

The Second Amendment is NOT about personal self defense. Its is NOT about the value of your collections. Its not about mail order ammo. Its not about Enfields or Mausers. Its not about duck hunting.  Its not about being able to sell guns at a profit.

The Second Amendment is about the militia.

FOPA sold out the militia, and that's the fact.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]

if we were to trade free speech for access to any firearms we wanted, what would we do to win back everything that is lost the minute they outlaw ALL firearms right after free speech is banned?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Not a chance..........

The pen is mightier than the sword. Look at how far the Lib's have come in the erosion of our rights.

They didn't use guns (YET), they used their right to free speech and the media.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it was the gun Collectors and FFL Dealers Protection Act.

And the Second Amendment is the Militia Protection Act.

FOPA sold out the militia and teh Second Amendment for FFL dealers and gun collectors.

The Second Amendment is NOT about personal self defense. Its is NOT about the value of your collections. Its not about mail order ammo. Its not about Enfields or Mausers. Its not about duck hunting.  Its not about being able to sell guns at a profit.

The Second Amendment is about the militia.

FOPA sold out the militia, and that's the fact.

FOPA didn't have a single provision for FFLs. The only "benefit" to FFLs was not having to have a ammo "log book" anymore.

And the surplus rifles isn't about collecting, the GCA contained was what essentially a Import Ban for military rifles (surplus) which is INFRINGEMENT.

The GCA also contained a MACHINE GUN BAN for imported machine guns which is INFRINGEMENT.

But DESPITE the fact that the GCA 68 is a IMPORT BAN on military rifles (surplus and includes semi and bolt action) AND a MACHINE GUN BAN and ALSO SERVED AS THE FOUNDATION for the 86 MG ban, 89 Import Ban and 94 AW Ban you still don't hate it as much as FOPA which contained only ONE BAD PROVISION which was a ban on domestic machine guns.

FOPA 86 was NOT the first MG Ban, 68 GCA was.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#11]
No.

The 1st and 2nd Ammendments are inseperable.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
FOPA didn't have a single provision for FFLs. The only "benefit" to FFLs was not having to have a ammo "log book" anymore.

And if you DID NOT have the log book, you as FFL go to jail, oir get shut down and pay fines.

FOPA = FFL Protection Act.

And the surplus rifles isn't about collecting, the GCA contained was what essentially a Import Ban for military rifles (surplus) which is INFRINGEMENT.

The GCA also contained a MACHINE GUN BAN for imported machine guns which is INFRINGEMENT.

Infringement yes, but NOT on weapons of standard military useage suited to militia use. In other words, NOT infringement on the the most important weapons to the 2A context.

FOPA ended infringment on relic Mausers, and extended infringment on 2A guns. There is no way you can characterize that in any way other than "idiotic."

FOPA = Gun Collectors  Protection Act

But DESPITE the fact that the GCA 68 is a IMPORT BAN on military rifles (surplus and includes semi and bolt action) AND a MACHINE GUN BAN and ALSO SERVED AS THE FOUNDATION for the 86 MG ban, 89 Import Ban and 94 AW Ban you still don't hate it as much as FOPA which contained only ONE BAD PROVISION which was a ban on domestic machine guns.

FOPA 86 was NOT the first MG Ban, 68 GCA was.

I understand the various aspects of the various laws.

And I also explained why I hold FOPA in slightly greater contempt. I've explained that several times.

I expect my enemies to try to destroy my country. I DO NOT expect my freinds to stab me in the back,a nd continue destroying my country the same way my enelmies are.

If you REALLY want to hear me go on about a Republican I dispise, start a thread on Bush Sr..

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Would YOU trade it for domestic legal machine guns?

Well... i suppose if I had a machine gun I could say whatever the f*** I wanted to...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#14]
It is intersting to note at this point in the poll....

More people would rather be tortured by Anna Nicole Smith than trade away their free speech rights. A slight majority, anyway.

Maybe there is hope.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top