Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Easy to tell trolls too if a poster has 32,342 dislikes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, I'd like an easy way to keep notes on any given poster.  I can't count how many times someone said something and I thought "wow, this guy actually knows what he's talking about" or "forget this douchebag" but then forgot who it was.  A couple notes I could keep to myself would help keep people straight for those of us who don't have photographic memories.

If we went to any kind of "like" or rep system, I think each user should be limited to a certain number of likes per day so it doesn't just turn into a gay popularity contest.

Easy to tell trolls too if a poster has 32,342 dislikes
Sure, but I'd rather not let everyone else decide for me who is and is not a troll.  If I could just tag any user with a few words, visible only to me, I'd be happy with that.

Keep in mind, some "rep" systems also multiply your vote by your rating.  A couple popular people could easily tank someone's reputation.  I'm not a fan of that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
A "Like" button?
That is something a 13er would suggest.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
What we need is a "sort of want" button.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If we end up getting online co-op games native to this site along with endless requests to tumble brass for Subnet's ammo fort, etc., that's when I'll leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this joint goes facebook,

I'm outta here.

Ditto.
Yeah, it would suck if people started posting the details of their daily lives, along with pictures of their food.    

Ugh, and just imagine if people started arguing with each other, and some drama broke out.

If we end up getting online co-op games native to this site along with endless requests to tumble brass for Subnet's ammo fort, etc., that's when I'll leave.

Haha! Sooooo true, unfortunately....
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Likes, rep systems, and upvotes are messageboard cancer that only promotes cliques, stifle discussion, and promote adoration of a venerated few.
Posts should stand on their own merits.

That's why the technical boards of sites like 4chan are so often entertaining and informative and shitty posts drift to the bottom quickly. A more extreme example, of course, as even usernames aren't present there.
View Quote

So it's like ARF Moderators(TM) then?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm outta here.
View Quote

It did....nice knowing you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm outta here.

Then tell me something you know about me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Honestly, I'd like an easy way to keep notes on any given poster.  I can't count how many times someone said something and I thought "wow, this guy actually knows what he's talking about" or "forget this douchebag" but then forgot who it was.  A couple notes I could keep to myself would help keep people straight for those of us who don't have photographic memories.

If we went to any kind of "like" or rep system, I think each user should be limited to a certain number of likes per day so it doesn't just turn into a gay popularity contest.
View Quote

I dont really care for the Like system to be implemented here.

But a notes thing could be useful.  So that way, in case I forget, I can check the note I made for someone and be like "Fuck that guy.  He puts beans in his chili.  All of his posts are suspect now."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top