Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
it doesn't matter if all of the people of iran are behind this. it only takes a few.
you can't deny the fact that "soldiers of islam" come across from syria and iran everyday.

but what if <shoves tinhat lower on head>
what if china(since they hate us too) was backing iran with weapons and resources in an effort to draw in our millitary, and occupy our already overstressed intelligence resources?

just a peek at what china has been gathering for years on us would be a big thrill to the iranians, and it's not inconcievable that china could be shipping them stuff on the down low. france was doing it for iraq.
<pushes tin hat back >
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could you imagine that phone call?

*red phone rings*
"Da, this is Putin"
"Pooty, this is W, want to go halveses on nuking Iran?"
"Da, but stop calling me Pooty."
"Alright, I'll sign the law outlawing Iran and we'll start the bombing in 5 minutes.  Want to come by the ranch next week for an after-party bar-b-que?"
"You betcha"

(note: celebrity voices impersonated)
Kharn

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops,

Who said we need to use ICBMs, Yeah they are the most bang for the buck. But we still have these:

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oops,

Who said we need to use ICBMs, Yeah they are the most bang for the buck. But we still have these:
www.phillytalkradioonline.com/archive/images/B52.jpg

www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-1b-990574a.jpg

bugimus.com/stealth/yf23_b2.jpg

I live under the route these birds take when they head off for points East from RAF Fairford here in England……

Mighty impressive seeing and hearing the BUFFs flying over at altitude and heading off to 'concentrate minds'…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a unique situation over there -> the Iranian people HAVE overthrown their government (no other country in the region has had a POPULAR revolution, and current signs are that they will likely do it again.

There is only one thing that will stop them: if we intevene. You see, the average Iranian most certainly does not hate America - government sponsored demonstrations aaide... But IF we intervene in their internal affairs, that will be a bonanza for the hardliners...

I will agree 100% with Dave_A on this issue…

I worked with and for the Iranian and they are sick to the back teeth of this whole Islamic Revolution. The people are very western in outlook and actively want a truly secular democracy. Many Iranians regard the Israeli government as a model of how they would like their country run…

BTW, they are not arabs… they actually quite despise the arabs, their country and culture dates back thousands of years before the Arabs got the RoP®

Andy

Dave and Andy, you both are very correct on the Iranian situation.  I just hope that the current  Govt there will get overthrown before they possess nukes or get close and we have to act.  I prefer we clandestinely get involved and help let the Iranian population  remove the Mullahs.  A direct assualt will cause the Iranian people most likely to rally around the Mullahs, which is not in our best interests, the Mullah's know this too!

Precisely

[evil-islamic-dictator-society-hat-on]
Hmm... Our people hate us...

They've allready revolted against our predecessors & killed them all, that's what put us in power...

They want to live in the modern world... We can't let them, it would destroy our power base... We've tried getting them to hate the modern world, but it's failed. Although they support their country, they don't support us.

If we don't do anything, they're about ready to hang us from the lamp posts...

What should we do?

Wait a minute, what if we piss off the US and Israel so they attack our country. Then the people will rally to us as we play the patriot card and promise to defend against the foreign agressors....

Yes, That's It! Somebody make tha call...  We haven't had a good war in a while, time to get one started...
[evil-islamic-dictator-society-hat-off]

As a bonus, if they do start a war and get their people to rally around them, the young folks who are a few ticks away from storming the barracades will be KIA, solving that problem for the future...

They are going to push us as far as they can, hoping we'll lash out and solve their revolt problem.

Hopefully, despite all the damage the Dems have done, our intel agencies still have some left over 'revolution-in-a-can' from the Cold War in South/Central America, we're going to need it here...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#7]
"Are you threatening me?"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any US nuclear attack would be a cataclysmic world event.  We must never go there.  Russian or Chinese nukes would probably fly on US targets.  This is no joke.

Yeah… right…

Russians would be quite happy to sit it out, and presumably the Chinese would threaten the US and UK with ALL 18 of it's ICBM's? …………ooooh! so scary!

You assume they will wait untill they know where the missiles are going....

Not launch as soon as their satilites pick up a bird in flight...

That is why you use your uber high tech red phone to call and let them know about the nation soon to be formerly known as Iran.  If we launched ICBM's at Iran, I am sure we would give Putin a courtesy call first.

Based on the information I've seen about the state of the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces, I wouldn't trust a 'Red Phone' call...

Their infastructure is so far degraded that even if we tell them, parts of their command-and-control might not get the word, and might launch assuming those warheads are coming their way (remember: Iran is VERY close to Russia)...

Besides, fallout in Iraq would be a bitch...

Nukes are for retaliation purposes only... There are easier ways to destroy their nuke capability if starting a revolt fails...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#9]
whatever happened to being "proactive". You know, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
whatever happened to being "proactive". You know, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Our homeboy did get proactive and the bedwetters are still upset over it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Are you threatening me?"
www.geocities.com/trirychewi/cornholio.jpg

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#12]

"the White House's 80 years of exclusive rule are likely to become
80 seconds of hell that will burn to ashes.

Huh? Eighty years of exclusive rule of WHAT?

Da, but stop calling me Pooty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't suppose they've noticed that they have US-occupied countries on two sides? If they are behind a single attack in the US, they will be owned.

We dont have enough troops to go to war with Iran

We wouldn't have enough RIFLES for all the VOLUNTEERS there would be if these assholes tried anything that big....

and +1 for the Trident plan... Nuke'em all, and Allah can sort em out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]

On July 27, Iranian Member of Parliament Hamid-Reza Katoziyan told a
television audience "Muslims living in the U.S. are currently, in my
opinion, in a special situation. Perhaps they do not walk the streets with
weapons or attach bombs to themselves to carry out a suicide operation, but
the thought is there."

There go the Muslim hating bigots again... intentionally misquoting a man of faith, twisting his words of peace & compassion into inflammatory lies!!! I knew the Zionists & American imperialists controlled the mainstream media, but is becoming increasingly clear that they pull the strings here at ARFCOM as well.

Let's set the record straight once & for all... Islam is a tolerant & peaceful world religion & the VAST majority of Muslims (99.999999999%) are wonderful people with nothing but love & joy in their hearts!!!

Got it NOW, purveyors of hate speech???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#15]
The day IRAN has a missle that can fly from there to North America, is the same day I will announce to the world that monkeys are flying out my butt.

Typical chest thumping by a non-power.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
If Iran launched a nuke at the US it would be game over.
I doubt that we would launch a nuke strike against them, however, I foresee a shitload of conventional weapons being used.

Don't forget that Iran has also had almost 20 years to get its shit together after the Iran/Iraq wars.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't suppose they've noticed that they have US-occupied countries on two sides? If they are behind a single attack in the US, they will be owned.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#18]
In a political world, nuclear attack is not an option.

In a religious world, it is.

We are political... they are religious.  They WILL attack first if it comes down to it.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like it was meant for internal consumption....preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I'm sure we couldn't come up with the crew of FOUR it takes to crew one of these...

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Iran's promise: '80 seconds of hell'

Iran's wife added: "Don't worry, it's more like 45 seconds of hell, and then he'll roll off of you and fall asleep..."

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes we do...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I'm sure we couldn't come up with the crew of FOUR it takes to crew one of these...

Ooohhh OOhhh  Ooohhh-Pick me, Pick Me, PICK ME!!       Dibs on the left seat.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#24]
80seconds of hell? Is that the worst you rag head can come up with?  The USA can turn the whole mid-east/phillipenes/etc into a parking lot in 30minutes.  Put you out of bisness permanently.  Dont piss us off too much or you wont even have a miserable sand pit to hide in.  

You rag heads terrorists want to raise some hell do ya?  Well, you might someday.  Hell will personify in your yard.  

Want to play with the Big Boys?  Youre missing something.  MAD.  Mutually Assured Destruction.  We have it, you dont.  Wanna know what that means, mr. terrorist?  I will tell you: If we wanted to we COULD vaporize you in minutes and you CANT do an damn thing about it.    But we havent.  

ICBM MIRV re-entry
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
We are going to have to deal with these Fuckers Sooner or Later, They hate us more every minute & live to think of ways to kill us.
God help us if JFK Lite gets elected!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Need I say more?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call dibs on bombadier!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I call dibs on bombadier!

Yep the Offensive Systems Officer is really the guy in charge.  The pilots just get his tageting radar/weapons in range for him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#30]
We'll do it from orbit cold war style.

First nuke that hits this country I'm in favor of taking out Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Tehran, Baghdad, Kuala Lumpur, Amman, Cairo, Kabul, Islamabad, Jakarta, Damascus, Beirut and probably some others in retaliation. Trust me the world economic impact will be minimal. These places produce nothing of value. They may then really understand we are not messing around.

Then see if the Chinese try any shit over Taiwan.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I thougth that if we just happen to be cleaning one of our B52's over Iran and it happened to go off we might be able to explain to the rest of the word that it  was just an accident. Um Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't say what I think. But let's put it this way, if I had my way with the ROP and the Middle East we would have more spare time from the "free" labor, cheap oil, and the ROP would be history

Or we could just nuke the hell out of them
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

First nuke that hits this country I'm in favor of taking out Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Tehran, Baghdad, Kuala Lumpur, Amman, Cairo, Kabul, Islamabad, Jakarta, Damascus, Beirut and probably some others in retaliation. Trust me the world economic impact will be minimal. These places produce nothing of value. They may then really understand we are not messing around.

Can we hit India as well?  Getting really tired of the US outsourcing...

Wolf
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes we do...

As of this afternoon, you have one more. I enlisted today. Swore in about an hour ago.

11x/Airborne/Option40. Ship date 20041020.

FWIW.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#35]
No it wouldnt I will be smoking a Cigar with a huge grin on my face.
FREE
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We are going to have to deal with these Fuckers Sooner or Later, They hate us more every minute & live to think of ways to kill us.
God help us if JFK Lite gets elected!

JFK Lite?

Bah...

Kennedy was more like GW than Kerry...

The guy took us to the brink of WWIII to get Russian nukes out of Cuba... Cut taxes back here, etc...

Kerry, otoh, doesn't have the guts...

Kerry is Clinton Lite (without the personality or the itch in his pants (being more attracted to wallets)....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Good for you young man. Let us know when you graduate from Airborne school.
 FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes we do...

As of this afternoon, you have one more. I enlisted today. Swore in about an hour ago.

11x/Airborne/Option40. Ship date 20041020.

FWIW.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#38]
talk of nuking islamfacists......IBTL
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I cannot believe the tolerance we (USA) and other nations have towards these radical Islamic governments.What are we waiting for.More terrorism is on the way and we know where they operate.Really, what are we waiting for. DUMP DIPLOMACY, and put on some serious WAR PAINT.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Now that that drivel has come from the Iranians, the Pres should just send word that the first instance where we even think they sponsored an attack on us, they will really see the canned sunshine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/icebluecuda/303b/peacemaker.bmp

Actually CSM, that is a MIRV Re-entry near Kwajlean from a single MX missle.

Here is some more Peacekeeper MIRV action at Kwaj!!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#43]
All this talk about nukes.
I wish it were that simple, Iran is not our enemy, Islamic fundamentalism is, Those Muslims that actually follow the teachings of the prophet mohammed.
Our enemy is not concentrated in any geographic location , nation or even region. More than likely the most dangerous of our enemy's troops already live among us awaiting orders.

Unlike national patriotism, Religous loyalty transends borders, race, gender, or sect. I beleive the war has already begun and is slowly gaining momentum primarily because of our enemy's recent successes. As this war develops people will be drawn to ally and religous loyalty will be gathered, (e.g. If the U.S. decided to attack Isreal they would do well to kill me first) so the peaceful muslim that you know may soon be your enemy.
I prefer a rifle when the enemy is that close.

The "jihad" looks totally unavoidable to me.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

*red phone rings*
"Da, this is Putin"
"Alright, I'll sign the law outlawing Iran and we'll start the bombing in 5 minutes.  Want to come by the ranch next week for an after-party bar-b-que?"
"You betcha"

Kharn

ROFL  "go halveses"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we hit India as well?  Getting really tired of the US outsourcing...

Wolf

Don't get me started.. you should see my work...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

*red phone rings*
"Da, this is Putin"
"You betcha"

Kharn

I hear this using the voices in the Whatever song that came out awhile back.  ROFL

and ibtl+1 (just in case)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Jesus, i gotta get in shape and rejoin. we're gonna be killing these retards for a hundred years........will my grandkids be fighting these fools?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#49]
+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
All this talk about nukes.
I wish it were that simple, Iran is not our enemy, Islamic fundamentalism is, Those Muslims that actually follow the teachings of the prophet mohammed.
Our enemy is not concentrated in any geographic location , nation or even region. More than likely the most dangerous of our enemy's troops already live among us awaiting orders.

Unlike national patriotism, Religous loyalty transends borders, race, gender, or sect. I beleive the war has already begun and is slowly gaining momentum primarily because of our enemy's recent successes. As this war develops people will be drawn to ally and religous loyalty will be gathered, (e.g. If the U.S. decided to attack Isreal they would do well to kill me first) so the peaceful muslim that you know may soon be your enemy.
I prefer a rifle when the enemy is that close.

The "jihad" looks totally unavoidable to me.

Nukeing a country into glass is easy but most people fail to realize nukes have a huge trade off in the form of Nuclear Fallout especially the ground burst variety.  Fallout follows the wind patterns and would easily drift into other countries with tragic consequences.  Depending on the wind currents, say if Iran was nuked, the fallout could easily spread back on our own troops in Iraq and Afganistan, not cool.

For example, a ground burst the size of the Bravo shot, roughly 15 Megatons in size, burst in Washington D.C. with the normal wind patterns would wipe the the WHOLE U.S. Eastern seaboard out from D.C. (D.C. would be literally gone)  to roughly Boston would be severly contaminated.  The first 100 miles upwind would experience radiation doses in excess of 1000 Rads/hr (If you live in this area, just shoot yourself).   300 miles away would be experiencing about 100 Rads/hr, more than a couple of hours at this rate and just stick a pistol in your mouth & pull the trigger.  

Radiation poisoning is NOT the way to go except for shitbags like Osama.  I have seen pictures of Dr. Louis Slotan (sp?) literally - I do mean literally start falling apart from a IIRC a 2000 RAD dose.  His fingers,dick, and other appendages fell off after a few days, his tongue swelled up bigger than a cow tongue.  He lasted IIRC about 2 weeks and was coherant up until about a day or two before his death.  Just put it this way, crucifiction is humane and kind compared to this.

The information I just quoted can be found in the DoD/DOE manual "The effects of Nuclear Weapons" (a great reference book).
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top