User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well....

There's a group of vietnamese in production, about 10-12.  Great workers and friendly as hell, nothing like the nerdy software asians who are unsociable.  The other day one of them came over to the kids desk to talk to him.  They spoke extremely quiet, the tone/demeaner gave off a father/son vibe.  It really caught me off guard, I don't think they're related and I've never seen them talk before.  The vietnamese NEVER venture into the office area, ever.  If the two are related, I'm sure it'd be well known.  It just struck me as really weird.  This freaking kid has probably said a grand total of 50 words to his boss in two months.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Communist cell was activated, disguise donned, he walked out the front.

Well....

There's a group of vietnamese in production, about 10-12.  Great workers and friendly as hell, nothing like the nerdy software asians who are unsociable.  The other day one of them came over to the kids desk to talk to him.  They spoke extremely quiet, the tone/demeaner gave off a father/son vibe.  It really caught me off guard, I don't think they're related and I've never seen them talk before.  The vietnamese NEVER venture into the office area, ever.  If the two are related, I'm sure it'd be well known.  It just struck me as really weird.  This freaking kid has probably said a grand total of 50 words to his boss in two months.

They ate him
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You check the roof? He may be up there like Doug in the Hangover.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
His name was xxxx.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's Asian?

Are you sure he didnt transform into a copier, or honda or something?
View Quote

Maybe the Asian Rapture happened
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Crazy shit. Hope he's okay.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

The dickhead in me without skipping a beat texted back "Ho Lee Fuk, Sum Ting Wong", the instant I sent it my boss texts me "maybe xxxxx had chinese for lunch".  

View Quote
OH god you're in deep shit when the cops start checking the email & phone records.  Ask the Ferguson cops.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the building staffed over the weekend?  Is anything or anyone in it worth being a terrorist target?  Inquiring minds want to know.
View Quote

Uh.....

Without giving away too much, there's a major target across the street, BUT I don't know WTF someone could do by looking out our windows at it.  I think it's more of a hacking target than a blow-up target, but blowing it up would fuck almost half the country out of something pretty fucking vital to modern society....

There is no heavy machinery; but there's lots of high voltage stuff...the HV stuff is in the open though.  

I don't know if a saturday shift is running tomorrow, if it is, it's only production overtime.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Is this gonna turn into a safe thread?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
He's in the duct work masturbating. Trust me, did it all the way through my office gig.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Asians would never leave their wallet.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag, but I don't know why. The OP will surely screw us and not show back up in this thread Monday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Ours vanished too..went back to college to start her Junior year
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a camera on every door and a few over production, not a single one saw him leaving.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
There any sinkholes or escalators in your building OP?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Experiment with those transporter things on Star Trek gone wrong?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, if he is anything like my intern he may have walked into a corner and can't find his way out, like a broken Roomba.

Put out a bowl and rice and a game camera.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm subscribed to this mystery.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#21]
We had the same thing happen at my work. Rural country school, she dropped the kids off at recess, and vanished. This was +30 years ago. Never found her. Her purse and stuff were still in her classroom, and her husband would drop her off at work. It's a kind of "urban" (read rural) legend around me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Tagging this one.  Please don't turn this into a safe thread.  We'll need updates.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh hell, in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I know how to find him.

You will need a plate ,Chinese buffet food,  a remote camera and or gps tracker installed in the plate.

Sit down and eat from the plate where the camera can see you leaving at least half the food still on the plate. (must be tasty food that they just ran out of on the buffet, probably the crab legs)

Get up and go take a piss, or drop your napkin, look away for 3 seconds, turn and talk to your wife briefly or fuck just blink.

POOF!

Review the camera footage to see where the guys comes out of and TAKES YOUR FUCKING PLATE or use the GPS tracker to find where he is with the plate.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's a camera on every door and a few over production, not a single one saw him leaving.  

View Quote

But are there blindspots in the camera coverage?  Can a person's every move be tracked inside or are there blindspots?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Is he dead yet?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#28]
He is a Ninja. he will show up when wants you to see him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Three possibilities...

1) Spontaneous and complete combustion
2) Quantum Leap
3) Isis communicated the key word and he's in the wind
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#30]
In on, oh  guess not 1.... Has to be the wee hours for me to be on one. Hmmm, sloppy seconds thread?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's Asian?

He wasn't put in charge of supplies was he? If so he will eventually jump out of a box and yell " supplies!!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Shit, I want the Level 10 hiding skill.

Was that guy ever an airman in he USAF?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This has the potential to be epic...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not just AWOL, vanished and never left the building...

I work in an office environment; it's a glorified cube farm about 200ft long and 50ft wide.  Production/assembly is done on site, production is slightly bigger than the office side.  It's a relatively open, clean, and very bright environment, shitload of closets, a few larger rooms, a few storage rooms, and a small finished goods/stock room.  There's also a lab area that's composed of multiple rooms and teaching areas, but as a whole it's still pretty open feeling.  Imagine a walmart with rooms/closets against two sides. The building is a suite, as in it's a huge building with other businesses within it.  There's four exits including the shipping dock, and only one fire door that will lead to a massive hallway that straddle a bunch of the different businesses.  Every single door down that hallway is locked, no one uses it or ever goes in it.  If you go out that door, you're locked out (I do all the time because there's a glorious hidden shitter down that hallway).  Also, we employ about 110 people.

I left work around 3pm.  About 5:30 my boss texts me and says "you know that kid who sits in front of xxxxx?  he's missing".  This confused the shit out of me, he's a college intern, but still an adult.  How is an adult "missing" when he's been out of work for an hour?  If he just said fuck this and went AWOL, my boss wouldn't be texting me.  The kid sits 20ft in front of me, I walk by him every time I go to/from my desk.  He's a super quiet asian kid, literally never heard him talk or interact with anyone, been there a couple months.  His boss comes over to talk to him once or twice a day, but that's it.  He only sits in our area because it was one of the only open areas left.  He's a software tester so we have zero reason to interact.  

My boss texted me back and said "He was here today, clocked in, and can only be accounted for up until 11am.  He was paged at 3pm, his cell phone and keys are on his desk, cops just went through the security cameras and he never left the building.  There's 3 cops and a detective there now.  He fucking vanished.  His car is still here, they checked his trunk, the shitters, closets, oven, etc. nothing".  The dickhead in me without skipping a beat texted back "Ho Lee Fuk, Sum Ting Wong", the instant I sent it my boss texts me "maybe xxxxx had chinese for lunch".  

Seriously, WTF.  All I know is if they don't find him by monday, people are going to anticipate finding a dead body somewhere in work and production is going to have all kinds of crazy conspiracies cooked up.  

This is now a safe thread until further notice.  Leading theory is dragons.

This has the potential to be epic...

" />
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#34]
In!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Say, that's odd.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I gotta hear the outcome of this.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Dude has a fort built in the ceiling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But are there blindspots in the camera coverage?  Can a person's every move be tracked inside or are there blindspots?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, there's massive blindspots.  There's no coverage in engineering, CS, accounting, etc.  However, all doors are covered with no blind spots.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Did you sign a contract?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Asians would never leave their wallet.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, there's massive blindspots.  There's no coverage in engineering, CS, accounting, etc.  However, all doors are covered with no blind spots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any windows he could exit?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He wasn't put in charge of supplies was he? If so he will eventually jump out of a box Closet and yell " supplies!!!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's Asian?

He wasn't put in charge of supplies was he? If so he will eventually jump out of a box Closet and yell " supplies!!!!!"

Nothing in box. Nothing evah in box! you so stupid!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Check the ceiling tiles over the womens bathroom
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Raised floor in an unsecured IT room?  Im just thinking....there are million places to hide if you really wanted to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check the ceiling tiles over the womens bathroom

https://youtu.be/KfTwTbXvR8Y

lol check the lawn before grandpa runs him over.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roof?  Basement?  Fire escape?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not without shattering it.  They're solid panes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Re-check security cameras.  If no exit then he is either where you aren't looking - or found an exit not covered by camera.  Check the roof.  Check basement elevator pits.  Re-check stairwells and HVAC spaces.  If it gets bad - empty the spaces and ask the cops to run a dog through.
Where is his badge and security system record of swipes in?

Check EVERY can, office, unoccupied space and room.  Every.  Single.  One.
Contact family through HR record if this drags on into the night.

If he left his car keys - ask the cops to check the car and trunk.  If they legally cannot - then do it yourself.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top