User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's saying that a more well-armed and educated population would deter these things or be met with a quicker ending.

And, civillians who are armed doesn't an idiot make, BTW.

Arming them and educating them are two whooole different issues.  You can arm anyone, but doesn't mean you can teach 'em anything.

No, but armed civilians doesn't a smarter or braver person make either.

Also, law enforcement generally wishes the public to remain out of these situations as they are properly trained to deal with armed criminals, while civilians are not.

Damn, you are an elitist.  BTW, YOU are a civilian.

It does come off as elitist, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's saying that a more well-armed and educated population would deter these things or be met with a quicker ending.

Arming them and educating them are two whooole different issues.  You can arm anyone, but doesn't mean you can teach 'em anything.

Also, law enforcement generally wishes the public to remain out of these situations as they are properly trained to deal with armed criminals, while civilians are not.

You're damn right I'm a civilian..which is why my butt is sitting in the dispatch center and not on the road.  But I see it as a stand point of the safety of the men I have to watch over in this little control center.

And Teuff........I'm a woman.  I respect and value your opinion and won't argue any further.  I spent 5 years down in Marion Co. and the thought of this happening to one of them rips my heart out.  Although in 2 shootings in Marion Co. in my 5 years, one injury to our Detective was done by another Officer.  I keep that in mind as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does come off as elitist, doesn't it?

Very much so.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe this is a stupid question, but exactly what part of someone watching a basketball game {Boys or Girls}, is now illegal in Indiana?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're damn right I'm a civilian..which is why my butt is sitting in the dispatch center and not on the road.  But I see it as a stand point of the safety of the men I have to watch over in this little control center.

Okay bub, you differentiated between civilians and officers.  Police officers are civilians, period.

Legally armed citzens are not a safety issue for police officers.  On at least 2 occassions in my life, I have used my sidearm to back an officer, about 8 years apart, so don't spout that crap about legally armed citizens being a safety hazard.

All your elitist bravado and you are not even an officer??????????????  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but exactly what part of someone watching a basketball game {Boys or Girls}, is now illegal in Indiana?

It all depends, if it was the schools womens team they may have been having a closed practice, in which case if you don't belong in the building(student,working whatever) your basicly trespassing. Or he may have been doing something that made somone suspicious, or feel he might be a threat to somones safety and wanted him checked out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is irrelevant.  Obviously, this guy was up to no good.  I can't believe you asked that question, given how things have unfolded.

He was not a student and this occurred on campus.  Most colleges do take a dim view of non-students just meandering about their campus.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Okay bub, you differentiated between civilians and officers.  Police officers are civilians, period.

Legally armed citzens are not a safety issue for police officers.  On at least 2 occassions in my life, I have used my sidearm to back an officer, about 8 years apart, so don't spout that crap about legally armed citizens being a safety hazard.

I'm not "Bub".  No, not an officer, but aspiring.  I've worked in L.E. for 6 years now on the civilian side.  Congrats that you are not a safety hazard.  But there are 1.3 million people in the city of Indianapolis, how many of them do you suppose are a safety hazard?  We've had 4 Officer deaths in the last 3 years... so there are at least 4 hazards out of the 1.3 million.  How many of those strangers would you allow to back you when your life's in jeopardy?

edit:  I'm done, I'm off work in 15 with no more internet access but that's the point I was trying to get across.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Edited to add:  No guns on campus, sorry.  You can't honestly tell me even if there were 5 people with guns on their hips right there 'n then they would've acted, not to mention that could have direclty resulted in more deaths due to friendly fire with one idiot hitting another in crossfire.  

I'm glad someone got this POS and prayers to this LEO's family but your last statement is BS.

I don't consider myself an 'idiot' nor do I want or expect civilian cops to handle everything (that's right; cops are civilians). That whole line of thinking is actually part of our problem in this country. No personal sense of duty and responsibility... The thought of running for a cop for every little problem turns my stomach.

Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not "Bub".  No, not an officer, but aspiring.  I've worked in L.E. for 6 years now on the civilian side.  Congrats that you are not a safety hazard.  But there are 1.3 million people in the city of Indianapolis, how many of them do you suppose are a safety hazard?  We've had 4 Officer deaths in the last 3 years... so there are at least 4 hazards out of the 1.3 million.  How many of those strangers would you allow to back you when your life's in jeopardy?

And I will garauntee, that not one of those who killed an officer was LEGALLY armed.  You don't seem to be able to differentiate between legally armed, law abiding citizens and criminals.  Smacks of severe elitism.

4 hazards, illegally armed, out of a citizenry of 1.3 million does NOT back your argument.  The more you say, the more you sound like a liberal gun grabber.  You earlier labeled an SKS a so-called "assault weapon" in the manner of the media and the gun grabbers.

What exactly is your agenda?  

To the others on this thread, sorry about the hijack and I feel terrible for the families of both officers, but I can't ignore gun-grabbing elitism.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Edited to add:  No guns on campus, sorry.  You can't honestly tell me even if there were 5 people with guns on their hips right there 'n then they would've acted, not to mention that could have direclty resulted in more deaths due to friendly fire with one idiot hitting another in crossfire.  

I'm glad someone got this POS and prayers to this LEO's family but your last statement is BS.

I don't consider myself an 'idiot' nor do I want or expect civilian cops to handle everything (that's right; cops are civilians). That whole line of thinking is actually part of our problem in this country. No personal sense of duty and responsibility... The thought of running for a cop for every little problem turns my stomach.

Sorry for the hijack.

Didn't specify you, man with gun shooting not every little problem.  Even L.E.'s and Our military has a friendly fire issue!!  People shoot each other hunting, and you all act like this is out of the realm of possibility.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how many of those 4 were generaly law abiding citizens? How many of them were POS repeat offenders/gangbangers/drug dealers. I bet each one of them shouldn't have even had a gun in the first place and that the laws designed to keep guns from them failed in doing what they were writen to do. You need to take QS' advice and just stop before you get to deep HH.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Teuff........I'm a woman.  I respect and value your opinion and won't argue any further.  I spent 5 years down in Marion Co. and the thought of this happening to one of them rips my heart out.  Although in 2 shootings in Marion Co. in my 5 years, one injury to our Detective was done by another Officer.  I keep that in mind as well.

I understand.  And, I have been a LEO and it does the same to me.  My point is, that I would like to see LE org's working WITH the population instead of against it, and vice versa.  LEO's cannot protect the individual.  We must aide in protecting ourselves and others.  The only way to do that is through education, training and arming.  It is no coincidence that the highest crime rates are among the areas with the strictest "gun control".
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]

And I will garauntee, that not one of those who killed an officer was LEGALLY armed.  You don't seem to be able to differentiate between legally armed, law abiding citizens and criminals.  Smacks of severe elitism.

4 hazards, illegally armed, out of a citizenry of 1.3 million does NOT back your argument.  The more you say, the more you sound like a liberal gun grabber.  You earlier labeled an SKS a so-called "assault weapon" in the manner of the media and the gun grabbers.

To the others on this thread, sorry about the hijack and I feel terrible for the families of both officers, but I can't ignore gun-grabbing elitism.

I can differentiate..but can they in a split second when you suddenly pop up with a firearm???  Not in the heat of the moment then and there, sorry!  Legally armed people don't wear beacons or symbols and if he's already got one gun pointed at him then he's supposed to trust that you're legally armed and helping him out?

I didn't call an SKS a so-called "assault weapon", that was just a link I posted in reference to the other shooting, I didn't write it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

These anti-gun laws are enforced by them to keep the people like the one that just shot him from obtaining guns to do this very thing with.  I can't say I blame them.  Until I hear this guy had a legal CCW permit, he's the scum that the laws pertain to.  Unfortunately, not everyone wants to obey the law...which is why law enforcement is required to ENFORCE those laws!

You're damn right I'm a civilian..which is why my butt is sitting in the dispatch center and not on the road. But I see it as a stand point of the safety of the men I have to watch over in this little control center.

Damn entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Suspect reported dead at hospital.  He was shot in the head, leg and abdomen.  This is unconfirmed.

CORRECTION:  SUSPECT CONDITION DOWNGRADED TO DEAD.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is irrelevant.  Obviously, this guy was up to no good.  I can't believe you asked that question, given how things have unfolded.

He was not a student and this occurred on campus.  Most colleges do take a dim view of non-students just meandering about their campus.

You can't believe I asked this Question? I am sorry you don't  understand why i wouldn't believe what some government employee tells me i should believe.
But this is still america, and i have a right to question the party line on any incedent that may seem questionable.
I would like to know the whole story and not just the governments version. There was obviously more to the story than is being told,I just want to know the rest of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
[
Didn't specify you, man with gun shooting not every little problem.  Even L.E.'s and Our military has a friendly fire issue!!  People shoot each other hunting, and you all act like this is out of the realm of possibility.

And some of those accidents are by LEO's too. We are all human.

I'll take an armed citizen standing beside me over a cop thats 5 minutes away any day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry for the hijack.

Yes, they do.  Most often resulting in the lack of training and education.  Far more deaths occur every day from traffic "accidents" than firearms.  Yet, no one is banning cars.  Operating a motor vehicle on public roads is a "privledge".  Firearms are a right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Suspect reported dead at hospital.  He was shot in the head, leg and abdomen.  This is unconfirmed.

Can't say I would be sad to hear this. Because I wouldn't be. I would lean to the side it is true as the news chopper had a clear view and someone was applying pressure to suspects head before the ambulance arrived.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't say I would be sad to hear this. Because I wouldn't be. I would lean to the side it is true as the news chopper had a clear view and someone was applying pressure to suspects head before the ambulance arrived.

Well, none of us know the whole story but I won't lose a minute of sleep knowing he's dead after he killed another person.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Operating a motor vehicle on public roads is a "privledge".  Firearms are a right.

Although you must admit if you abuse the system, they become a priviledge, not a right.

I'm not saying law abiding citizens shouldn't own guns, I respect their rights and own several myself.   I respect eveyrone's opinion and realize everyone has a different point of view.  I just hate to see such terrible things happen to people we look out for and care for as they do for us.  They are mostly good, brave human beings, protecting our community and deserve every bit of respect we can offer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I can differentiate..but can they in a split second when you suddenly pop up with a firearm???  Not in the heat of the moment then and there, sorry!  Legally armed people don't wear beacons or symbols and if he's already got one gun pointed at him then he's supposed to trust that you're legally armed and helping him out?

I didn't call an SKS a so-called "assault weapon", that was just a link I posted in reference to the other shooting, I didn't write it.

Actually HH you did

Quoted:
They're now releasing information that a 2nd person - unknown if an officer, citizen or suspect - may have been shot in this search.

The 2nd officer that was killed was by a man with an assault weapon shooting up a neighborhood. Here's a link so you can read it instead of me typing it.

home1.gte.net/joking1/laird.htm

Edited to add:  They've now released the suspect has been shot.  Nabbed!

You than linked to the story, and in the story it says he was killed with an sks.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't believe I asked this Question? I am sorry you don't  understand why i wouldn't believe what some government employee tells me i should believe.
But this is still america, and i have a right to question the party line on any incedent that may seem questionable.
I would like to know the whole story and not just the governments version. There was obviously more to the story than is being told,I just want to know the rest of it.

From what I gathered, it was a closed practice, they may have said womens practice, I am not sure. He was acting suspicous, when police arrived he was outside the fieldhouse, the officer did his questioning, was getting back into his car when something went wrong, no reports can say exactly what yet. Man shoots cop dead, man is later shot and possibly killed. If he was doing nothing wrong, why did he shoot an officer?!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yes you did.  The article never called it that.  They said it was an SKS.  The post in question:

They're now releasing information that a 2nd person - unknown if an officer, citizen or suspect - may have been shot in this search.

The 2nd officer that was killed was by a man with an assault weapon shooting up a neighborhood. Here's a link so you can read it instead of me typing it.

home1.gte.net/joking1/laird.htm

Edited to add:  They've now released the suspect has been shot.  Nabbed!

Deeper and deeper you go.

Oops, sorry photoman, didn't see your response, but glad that I am not the only one who caught that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Operating a motor vehicle on public roads is a "privledge".  Firearms are a right.

Although you must admit if you abuse the system, they become a priviledge, not a right.

I'm not saying law abiding citizens shouldn't own guns, I respect their rights and own several myself.   I respect eveyrone's opinion and realize everyone has a different point of view.  I just hate to see such terrible things happen to people we look out for and care for as they do for us.  They are mostly good, brave human beings, protecting our community and deserve every bit of respect we can offer.

I hate to see it also.  As I've stated, I've been a LEO.  I disagree when you say that owning firearms can becaome a "privledge".  It is an absolute right outlined in this Nations Bill of Rights.  The government has NO right to infringe upon that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are digging this shit deeper and deeper.  If you abuse the right, you lose it, it never becomes a privilege.

I hate to see things like this happen to anyone, including officers, but your attitude about armed citizens stinks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My comments were not intended to be funny. I was indeed pointing a sarcastic finger at the stupidity of anti gun laws by applying liberal logic( an oxymoron if there ever was one). That fine, brave officer was murdered as a DIRECT result of anit gun laws. There were no armed citizens around to come to his aid.  It pisses me off to no friggin end to read/hear/learn of brave men being murdered by punk ass criminals that can act with impunity DIRECTLY because of anti gun laws that guarantee that they have guns and most citizens do not. Anti gun laws that are ENFORCED by police officers.

These anti-gun laws are enforced by them to keep the people like the one that just shot him from obtaining guns to do this very thing with.  I can't say I blame them.  Until I hear this guy had a legal CCW permit, he's the scum that the laws pertain to.  Unfortunately, not everyone wants to obey the law...which is why law enforcement is required to ENFORCE those laws!

So now anyone who is not a cop is a gun-toting idiot with a pistol on their hips just waiting for a shootout to kill innocent people in the crossfire? [open mouth - insert foot]. Maybe you work for brady bunch and the anti campaign. You sound like the same crock of shit they spew.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
HH when you come back to work, I suggest you drop your replies to this thread for if you cared for the fallen officer as much as you say, you wouldn't let this thread go on.

This is not the place.

May the officers soul rest in peace and I will pray that God will look after his family.

Likewise I hope the badguy gets his own reward both in this life and after.

Tj

He already got it in this one!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HH when you come back to work, I suggest you drop your replies to this thread for if you cared for the fallen officer as much as you say, you wouldn't let this thread go on.

This is not the place.

May the officers soul rest in peace and I will pray that God will look after his family.

Likewise I hope the badguy gets his own reward both in this life and after.

Tj

She already got it in this one!

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#32]
CORRECTION:  WE WERE MISINFORMED. ALTHOUGH THE SUSPECT IN THIS SHOOTING WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD, ABDOMEN AND LEG HE IS NOT, REPEAT NOT,  DEAD.   HE IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AS OF 3:45 pm. LOCAL TIME.  SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry that the officer lost his life.

However, I am going to have to side with the people pro-CCW.

Regardless of what you think HH, prohibiting people from legally carrying a concealed weapon (which often does involve training BTW) will not reduce in the slightest amount the odds of a police officer running into an armed criminal.

Let me rephrase that to make it absolutely clear.  Prohibiting CCW will not stop armed criminals.

Quite the opposite in fact.  

The supreme court has ruled that cops are not responsible for your protection.  Since that is the case, *I* want to be able to take responsibility for my protection.  If cops don't like that, tough shit.  Their slight uneasiness with an armed populace, or their misconception of thinking CCWs increase criminal gun possesion is not a good enough reason to strip me of my second amendment rights to protect my own life.

I challenge you to find a single case where a police officer has gotten shot by a CCW permit holder.  I doubt one such case exists, with the number of CCW permits nationwide approaching 500,000, I find that pretty remarkable.

Legally armed civilians do not endanger police officers.  90% or more of law enforcement understands this.  Obviously you fall in the 10% category, with all the chiefs you see propped up behind opponents of CCW.

Sorry to thread hijack, but this is an extremely sore subject with me recently, since the local commie pinko wienies in this state have decided that my legally carrying a firearm is something that's hazardous to them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
CORRECTION:  WE WERE MISINFORMED. ALTHOUGH THE SUSPECT IN THIS SHOOTING WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD, ABDOMEN AND LEG HE IS NOT, REPEAT NOT,  DEAD.   HE IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AS OF 3:45 pm. LOCAL TIME.  SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE.

Unfortunate!  we may have to pay for a trial afterall!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#36]
www.indystar.com/articles/6/181270-6866-092.html

Suspect in murder of Indianapolis officer died at 7:00pm local time tonight.

Khadir Al-Khattab, a 26-year-old Near Northside resident, was wounded near a patch of shrubbery on the 4400 block of North Illinois Street.

Police said Al-Khattab was wanted on an outstanding warrant related to a battery charge. He was pronounced dead from multiple gunshot wounds at 7 p.m. at Wishard Memorial Hospital.

Sorry if this is a dupe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
burn in hell.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Everything I say will be twisted anyway so I give up on all you people.

They generally start fund raisers for the families of Officers killed in the line of duty.  When such an organization or link becomes established, I will post it in the forum for you guys.  Hopefully we won't see any further violence against our law enforcement in this city for many many years to come.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
www.indystar.com/articles/6/181270-6866-092.html

Suspect in murder of Indianapolis officer died at 7:00pm local time tonight.

Khadir Al-Khattab, a 26-year-old Near Northside resident, was wounded near a patch of shrubbery on the 4400 block of North Illinois Street.

Police said Al-Khattab was wanted on an outstanding warrant related to a battery charge. He was pronounced dead from multiple gunshot wounds at 7 p.m. at Wishard Memorial Hospital.

Sorry if this is a dupe.

Gee, that wouldn't be a Muslim name, would it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Everything I say will be twisted anyway so I give up on all you people.

They generally start fund raisers for the families of Officers killed in the line of duty.  When such an organization or link becomes established, I will post it in the forum for you guys.  Hopefully we won't see any further violence against our law enforcement in this city for many many years to come.

No one twisted anything you said.  You flatly said the things that people responded to.  I know, you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Don't IM me telling me not to "pollute" the thread.  You are the one that spouted the elitist, anti-gun bullshit.

When you post a link to a memorial, I will pay my respects to the fallen officer, but if you don't want these kind of truthful responses to your elitist bullshit, don't post them in a thread about a fallen officer.  Don't expect immunity from responses to your bullshit due to the subject matter of the thread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

And some of those accidents are by LEO's too. We are all human.

I'll take an armed citizen standing beside me over a cop thats 5 minutes away any day.

I'll buy that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Don't IM me telling me not to "pollute" the thread.  You are the one that spouted the elitist, anti-gun bullshit.

When you post a link to a memorial, I will pay my respects to the fallen officer, but if you don't want these kind of truthful responses to your elitist bullshit, don't post them in a thread about a fallen officer.  Don't expect immunity from responses to your bullshit due to the subject matter of the thread.

I'm not anti-gun.  Just let it go now.  I don't expect immunity.  You have your opinion, I have mine, I'd just prefer a more cordial manner of debate rather than feeling like you wanna rip my head off because my opinion differs from yours.  And here's the beginning of a chance to pay some respects at least:

www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=939696#post939696
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not anti-gun.  Just let it go now.  I don't expect immunity.  You have your opinion, I have mine, I'd just prefer a more cordial manner of debate rather than feeling like you wanna rip my head off because my opinion differs from yours.  And here's the beginning of a chance to pay some respects at least:

www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=939696#post939696

You are not gonna get the last word.  You may not be anti-gun (but I doubt it), but you sure as hell are an elitist.  

You keep saying let it go, but yet you keep getting your little shots in.  If you really want to let it go, say nothing from this point and I will do the same.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]
We diddn't draw first blood HH - you did. Instead of just reporting facts on the shooting you spewed your elitist bullshit and blatantly called Law abiding CCWs Gun toting idiots looking for an excuse to draw. If I were you I would either appologize or just not post anymore with your garbage. It is one thing to have your opinion, and it is another to use a fallen officer's thread as a venue to push your F'd up personal beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

HH, you are fighting a  losing battle here; the number of anti-LEO types is amazing in GD. You wont win any hearts here, because they are set in their ways. Might as well take it to Brothers of the Shield...where this thread should have been anyway.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
HH, you are fighting a  losing battle here; the number of anti-LEO types is amazing in GD. You wont win any hearts here, because they are set in their ways. Might as well take it to Brothers of the Shield...where this thread should have been anyway.

Where exactly are the 'anti-LEO types' here?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you aren't set in your ways? tcsd you and HH sound like a perfect match for each other.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Read a few threads and it will become clear

Quoted:
And you aren't set in your ways? tcsd you and HH sound like a perfect match for each other.

I am, with good reason.

I don't know her, but her responses do not sound too unrealistic or out of line. They recognize how people really are in the world, including the bad ones. Like her I wouldn't hold much hope for people intervening even if they were armed,  unlike some of you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Read a few threads and it will become clear

I've read this thread and most of the posters were careful to point out the obvious (that the shooting was a terrible thing).
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I've read this thread and most of the posters were careful to point out the obvious (that the shooting was a terrible thing).

Then lets stick to that point; getting off on the typical LEO bashing doesn't belong on this thread.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top