Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There have been some delays due to out of spec sights and some hiccups related to Beretta moving their facility to a gun friendly state.

They should be available relatively soon, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has been on my want list for a while as well.  Has it been released?  Last I looked (couple months ago?) I couldn't find any information on it.

There have been some delays due to out of spec sights and some hiccups related to Beretta moving their facility to a gun friendly state.

They should be available relatively soon, though.

I was wondering if there was a reason.

I was starting to think Beretta went full KelTec with their M9A3 production schedule.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife has the PX4 Compact 9mm.  It is a nice gun.  Very smooth, and the fit and finish is excellent, better than some other polymer guns out there.  I think it's a little wide with the decocking wings, but most of the other surfaces are done really nicely for concealed carry.  It shoots really well, I can get better groups out of it than I can with my XDM.  Kind of novel rotating barrel system.  The SA trigger on hers is pretty light.  It's probably not the best SA trigger in the world but in SA mode it is much lighter and has MUCH less travel than a striker design, so I'd say it's got a much better trigger than our Glocks or Springfields (in SA mode).  DA trigger is long and heavy but that's how it's supposed to be.  If you like DA/SA design guns you'll like it.  If you don't then go with something else.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't own a PX4. I'm a 92/96 guy. If I wasn't invested into the mags and holster and have a number of 92s and 96s. I'd go PX4.
View Quote

So, this is a thing now...
Beretta 92 G conversion kit

Time to "fix" my non-G 92's (after everyone is done buying up all the stock at once )

I've been kicking around getting rid of my 96G Centurion... Have looked at the Px4, but never really bit, because of the pile of 92 mags that I own as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Time to "fix" my non-G 92's (after everyone is done buying up all the stock at once )

I've been kicking around getting rid of my 96G Centurion... Have looked at the Px4, but never really bit, because of the pile of 92 mags that I own as well.
View Quote

:-)
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Wilson Combat didn't do my 92A1 already I'd be all over that. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Beretta makes the lion's share of their profit on things other than pistols. Mainly shotguns, their clothing line, etc. The handgun market is only a very small fraction of their revenue. Even with the M9 contract.

As for marketing...well...they're starting to get the message. Their collaboration with Wilson, the introduction of a number of new 92 variants people have been asking for, and Langdon's work with the PX4 are part of a ramping-up in the handgun market.
View Quote

You have to wonder what took them so long
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Am I reading that right?

The part has a M9A3 name, but it can be used with any 92-series gun?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't shoot my PX4 .40 F to G conversion much anymore, kinda fell out of love with it.
Doesn't mean I hate it, it's a hell of a gun, but I've moved away from the .40 round.
If I could trade for one in 45, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Am I reading that right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I reading that right?

Yes. Works to convert a 92FS to G. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't shoot my PX4 .40 F to G conversion much anymore, kinda fell out of love with it.
Doesn't mean I hate it, it's a hell of a gun, but I've moved away from the .40 round.
If I could trade for one in 45, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
View Quote

What's the recoil like on those? I doubt I'd go .40S&W again after owning a Glock 22 but I'd like something that's less snappy
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Carried a PX4 Compact 9mm for about a year, it was 100%. However...
Didn't care for the slide-mounted safety (which I converted to the G-model decock-only),
grip was too slick (added Talon tape),
bbl was awfully short for a gun that size,
rail was too short for anything but a micro light.

Good gun, but better options available for my needs.
View Quote

I don't understand this, I've got a TLR-4 on mine and it fits fine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's the recoil like on those? I doubt I'd go .40S&W again after owning a Glock 22 but I'd like something that's less snappy
View Quote

Recoil is flat and light.  Noticeably so on the 9mm model as compared to a G19 or XD9.  

After shooting a G22?  You're going to say "What recoil?". 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Recoil is flat and light.  Noticeably so on the 9mm model as compared to a G19 or XD9.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, like I said I don't need another .40 but that is something to think about
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will it fit a TLR-1 or X300?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carried a PX4 Compact 9mm for about a year, it was 100%. However...
Didn't care for the slide-mounted safety (which I converted to the G-model decock-only),
grip was too slick (added Talon tape),
bbl was awfully short for a gun that size,
rail was too short for anything but a micro light.

Good gun, but better options available for my needs.

TLR-4 is a micro light. The PX4 Compact's rail is too short for a std-size weapons light like the TLR-1.

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Will it fit a TLR-1 or X300?
View Quote

Not on the PX4 Compact.

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Top Gun Supply has full sized police trade ins for 299.00.

Hmm.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Top Gun Supply has full sized police trade ins for 299.00.

Hmm.
View Quote

That's a good price
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought the 9mm Sub Compact instead of a Glock 26 because the dealer had it for $425 and he would not budge below $525 for the 26.
I like the little Bulldog of a pistol.
I do not CCW carry it because of the weight and thickness but have carried it in my vehicle.
Has been flawless with a variety of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The fully pimped-out Langdon-Spec Px4 Compact Carry is now ready for order. Delivery of the first batch will happen in January.

https://robarguns.com/pro-shop/product/beretta-px4-compact-carry-pre-order/
View Quote

Must resist spending money on guns. 
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I have two of the full size, in .40.  I love the way they fit my hand and shoot.
The older one has almost 10k rounds though it. I bought a complete set of springs, but have never changed them out...it just keeps on rocking

I did do the safety/decocker to decocker only modification on the first one.  I bought the second as a decocker only.

There is a silencer adapter, that mounts to the frame somehow, that Beretta built for the military.  I believe it is only available in .45.  It is a strange looking critter
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top