Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
And the stupidity that is the 13ers carries on into the new year...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's say you work at a Ferarri dealership in the hypothetical mall...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't answer this because I'll never go to Walmart without my EDC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Now with video of OP

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the firearms have locks on them anyways. You won't be loading anything in there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll put my Snark-o-meter on pause for this one since it's apparently been well-covered.

If I am shopping, I will not smash the display because all the guns here (as others have said) have trigger locks on them and I won't want to waste time fucking with one after making a ruckus that may draw the shooter's attention.  If I'm an employee with the keys, I will certainly access whichever one I have ammo for.

If I am with my family, I will do my best to get them out of the store.  If I am alone... I would probably still do that... but I would assess the situation first.  And if I thought I had even half a chance at success, even if I was using a compound bow or baseball bat, I would do what I could to stop the threat.

A CCW does NOT mean you are a cop.  You do NOT have an obligation to defend anyone but yourself.  In many jurisdictions, the very people you save will testify as to the recklessness of your actions and say "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  But I weigh that against the thought of watching the news report the deaths of a pregnant woman or a 6-year-old child or a wheelchair-bound WW2 veteran, killed by that shooter while they waited for "the professionals" to show up and save them.  I would never be able to look in a mirror again.  Sometimes, doing what's right is more important than doing what's smart.

Today is the 69th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, btw.  Different circumstances and different scale but a reminder of what can happen when good men do nothing.

Do something.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So there I was in my local wal mart checking out some rifles when I overheard some gentlemen talking about the recent mall shooting.
On the drive home I was struck with a thought, and honestly I'm not sure of a few things.

So say for instance I work at walmart, at the gun counter, or maybe I'm just shopping and so happen too be in the sporting goods section, when suddenly I hear shots begin too ring out, quickly looking up I can see an active shooter in my line of sight.

My initial thought would be too go for my carry gun. But in this instance I dont have a carry gun. Be it either because I left it in the truck, on the nightstand at home, or just dont have my carry permit yet.

Say Im an employee, I have keys too the gun display, keys too the ammo case, I have the ability too eliminate this threat before anymore lives are lost.

Or a customer, with the baseball bats hanging clearly in view beside the guns and ammo I can break glass and become armed.

For the sake of this hypothetical question lets say there are multiple shooters throughout the store, and I want too be armed as I get out. My questions to you are this,
And I know more than likely you would be shot by police and this is a stupid idea,
but in the event you are pinned down, maybe having too arm yourself too take cover in a stock room or something,

What is the legality of arming yourself with a display gun?

What legal repercussion would you face if you actually were too use the gun too eliminate the threat?

For the sake of a little extra argument and thought lets twist it up a bit, What if you where underage? Say 17 years old, not legally able too purchase a firearm from a wal mart in TN?

And No, I dont work at wal mart, nor am I under the legal age to purchase firearms.

ETA: Made post easier too read.

View Quote

Just in a Wally today...probably have to be a shot gun because they don't store mags with their rifles....and the shotguns would be faster to load.

Legality.  I think I would take my chances with it instead of watching people or me die.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Break the glass and get a pump shotgun.  Rack the slide, and the shooter would probably run away or snuff himself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
TL:DR
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will just wait for Gecko45 to save me.
View Quote

"If 'Plan A' involves taking multiple .338 Lapua hits to the chest, maybe you should come up with a 'Plan B'."
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you seen too many movies
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Obviously we should ban malls. If you remove the target-rich environment, there is less likelihood of a mass shooting.
View Quote
Amazon is doing a pretty good job of banning malls

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Two much herp eye cant reed through the derp.

In any case I'd probably be with my partner. I'd dive down to provide her cover with my body armor while she assembles her rifle, my low profile carbon ceramic plates can take multiple hits of .338 so it would be a non-issue. If I had time, I'd probably launch a few of my ninja stars that way too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I would do whatever I thought I needed to do to continue to live,99.999% of the time that would involve getting the fuck out the nearest emergency exit and to my truck.

if for some reason I felt the need to arm myself then fuck it they can fire me,the book/movie deal will be more than worth it
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll do whatever I have to to survive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Walmart handguns are static displays, good luck with that
The rifle are fairly secured by multiple lock too, take some time to get in action, better have your own gun
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"to" vs. "too"

Does anyone give a fuck about the English language anymore!?

eta: "where" vs. "were"
View Quote

"loose" vs "lose"
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#18]
You do what you have to do to survive and protect those around you if necessary. Deal with the consequences later.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top