User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They chose one hell of a time to fuck with their fans.
View Quote
yes and no.

most of my friends (Millennials) don't give 2 shits about foot ball and of the ones who do its half watch college and the rest just care about fantasy football.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Stand up and play.

I think it is funny.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It all started with the pink uniform stuff in October.  The NFL grew so large that it couldn't expand without pandering to new demographics.  They chose to do it ways that alienated their base.  It's NASCAR 2.0.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It all started with the pink uniform stuff in October.  The NFL grew so large that it couldn't expand without pandering to new demographics.  They chose to do it ways that alienated their base.  It's NASCAR 2.0.
View Quote
I think the NFL started down the Social Justice Warrior path long before NASCAR ever thought about it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’ve been a Chiefs fan for 25+ years. I’m done with the NFL, forever. This anthem protest bullshit is just the last straw. They’ve pissed me off with their going on strike, concussion bullshit, flags for hitting too hard, flags for excessive celebration, instant replay adding an hour to every game, etc etc. screw it, I’m done.

I figure the Chiefs will finally win the Super Bowl, I won’t be watching.
View Quote
Herdat.  FMP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys *DO* realize that when the time comes, taxpayers are going to bail the NFL out. Dontcha???
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The opposite of love isn't hate it's ambivalence. 
View Quote
This. From Casablanca:
"You despise me, don't you?"

Rick: "Well if I gave you a thought I probably would."
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Their billion dollar stadium probably doesn't feature enough diversity and inclusion.

What California needs to do is build a two billion dollar stadium which will address the gender, sexual orientation, religious, cultural, gender-identity and marital status needs of their fanbase.  

Of course, it would also include a ban on Republicans.
View Quote
Good point. The lack of fans in California could just be a bathroom problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are many ways to "kneel".
View Quote
Ouch!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Watching a football game in person was one of the more boring things in my life.  Nothing like sitting in a cold stadium for 4 1/2 hours or more to watch 15 minutes of activity.  Even the NFL realizes that people are finding it a better experience to watch the game at home.   You can do other things while the ads are on.  Like mow the lawn.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Watching a football game in person was one of the more boring things in my life.  Nothing like sitting in a cold stadium for 4 1/2 hours or more to watch 15 minutes of activity.  Even the NFL realizes that people are finding it a better experience to watch the game at home.   You can do other things while the ads are on.  Like mow the lawn.
View Quote
Average playing time in an NFL game is 11 minutes. So about 4% of your 4 1/2 hours was spent watching the game. Or about every half hour you got a minute of play.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd be surprised if Goodell isn't fired in the off season.
He has been spectacular stupid in his decisions.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#13]
These numb nuts deserve everything they get. They tried to strong arm the country and the country answered with a resounding FUCK YOU. I hope the players salaries dro and  profit sharing tanks. I can’t wait for next team that wants a city to build them a stadium gets told  to eat a bag of dicks. Fuck every single one of the oppressed millionaires.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Los Angeles San Diego Chargers stunt is bound to fail, just like the Los Angeles Oakland Raiders stunt failed.
View Quote
There is a reason the Rams & Raiders both left in the early 90's. LA, as big as it is, doesn't seem to support football for shit.

Worse thing the Rams did was help/allow/vote for another team in LA.

Worse thing the Chargers did was leave San Diego...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#15]
But, but, but Goodell has now instructed all these assholes to stand up!!!

Here's your sign you dizzy fucking momo!!!

I'm not a fan anymore, haven't watched NFL for years, but I do hope you guys that started boycotting maintain that hardline.

It will be absolutely entertaining to watch these bastards squirm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In other news.... The Knights are up 5-1 against the Coyotes in their first ever home game. 
View Quote
I had no idea LV had an NHL team until I saw them playing the Sharks in a preseason game about two-ish weeks ago...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Chiefs can't win post season. Lin Elliott cursed them.

Kneeling transformed into arms linked and is now transforming into the Black Panther fist raised salute. That will go over well with the fans. I won't be renewing my season tickets next year.
View Quote
Robert Quinn (Rams) has been raising his first during the anthem for years now. Quite possibly since the infamous 'hands up, don't shoot' "demonstration" that (5) players did back when whilst coming out on to the field...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Black and liberal activists will destroy the NFL then blame white people for the destruction of the NFL. Count on it.

I finally had to tell my co-workers that 72% of the US is white, and shitting on the symbols that those folks hold dear, and calling them slave owners and racists isn't going to get your bills paid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You guys *DO* realize that when the time comes, taxpayers are going to bail the NFL out. Dontcha???
View Quote
This is the sorry truth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They chose one hell of a time to fuck with their fans.
View Quote
Super high ticket prices, ridiculous concession prices, and they are allowing their players to shit on the Anthem?

Yeah, I don't see it going well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I had no idea LV had an NHL team until I saw them playing the Sharks in a preseason game about two-ish weeks ago...
View Quote
And they're currently 3-0.  I don't know if it's a fluke or not, but it's a good start.  I'll have to see if there are attendance figures for Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#26]
welp, i still don't care
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top