Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't really ignore people even though there are one or two people I greatly dislike.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I do, I hope they would let me know.

Well, since you mentioned it....

I can't stand reading anything you post.  Your typically on my auto-ignore list.

J/K

YEAH!?!?

Don't make me come to your house and beat you up.  I'll do it... Wisconsin isn't so far from Texas....

Start heading North.

Better bring a jacket, it'll probably be mighty cold for you up here.  Even at 60*
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I only ignore posts with MS Paint drawings.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I notice avatars mainly. Sometimes I just skim and read posts from people who I may want to hear from. I usually casually glance at names of non team members. There are definitely a few people I will skip all together just out of principal because they have said such stupid things in the past that I just don't care what they say.

If they get quoted a few times I might take a glance if it was something I can get a laugh from.

With VERY long posts I will definitely look at the name before I start reading, and I have no problem reading the first line or two of any posts and just saying fuck it, I don't care. That's usually when the spelling and grammar is atrocious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]

I don't ignore any posters but sometimes I just skim through posts that don't appear to be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I hate you all anyway so I skim after the 1st page then post something oddball or Fight the Power.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was just reading a thread and saw a post was from a familiar poster that I recognize by name and avatar.  I didn't even bother reading it this guy is a great example of internet tough guy.  I just skipped over it and continued with the thread.

So, they are "internet tough guy" until they show up at your front door? or are they then "psycho stalker"?

ed; This place certainly could use an "ignore" function, it would cut down on locked threads.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
[singing]It's a thin line between love and hate...[/singing]

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I've scanned all the posts and have we go a bunch of wise asses here or what !!

5sub
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

5sub

We take pride in our profession.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

We take pride in our profession.

As well you (we) should !!

5sub
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was just reading a thread and saw a post was from a familiar poster that I recognize by name and avatar.  I didn't even bother reading it this guy is a great example of internet tough guy.  I just skipped over it and continued with the thread.

How many of you guys do the same?  

I try not to let some of the more "challenged" members here spoil a good thread.  Plus it is bad for my blood pressure.

That's exactly why some folks make troll accounts. Because people treat your posts different based not on what you say but more on who's saying it. They get too personal when they can't get past your name.  Kind of like Oh its YOU, well I don't care what you said because I already got you pegged.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i30.tinypic.com/1emdra.jpg

LOL!   Damn - I need to put on some weight!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I try not to let some of the more "challenged" members here spoil a good thread.  Plus it is bad for my blood pressure.

That's exactly why some folks make troll accounts. Because people treat your posts different based not on what you say but more on who's saying it. They get too personal when they can't get past your name.  Kind of like Oh its YOU, well I don't care what you said because I already got you pegged.

Why hello there.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like in the real world!

Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome!

Is that like how I dress in drag on the weekends so people will treat me different than they normally do?
J/K really!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome!

Don't hate me because I dress Goth. At least respect me enough to hate me because of what I have to say.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd love to have an 'Ignore User' option, and a corresponding public list to see who is the most ignored.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
See, there's still nobody replying to me.

I'll reply to you. What make bike is your avitar? Looks good.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd love to have an 'Ignore User' option, and a corresponding public list to see who is the most ignored.

I've been on other sites that had this feature.  Next thing you know a bunch of smug bastards are posting who is on their ignore list in an effort to incite them.  

I'd rather read the words and thoughts of people here that I can't stand (there are a few of them).  It is a great insight into the minds of those who also despise you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been on other sites that had this feature.  Next thing you know a bunch of smug bastards are posting who is on their ignore list in an effort to incite them.  

I'd rather read the words and thoughts of people here that I can't stand (there are a few of them).  It is a great insight into the minds of those who also despise you.

Pretty much everybody I'd ignore don't have an original thought floating around their brainpan so yeah I wouldn't be missing much.

Although I would miss trolling them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#25]
i just like to look at the pictures.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Don't read many of my posts then huh... I'm the toughest of interweb tough guys.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I do occasionally, but I really don't have much of a problem with anyone here.

However, I use the ignore function extensively at another site I frequent that has been overrun with children.  The downside is that I can still see that they have posted, and I can still see threads they have started; but at least the posts are not directly visible to me within a thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't think I act like an internet know it all or tough guy, but my post get ignored nonetheless. I wish I knew why.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#29]
And I killed another thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I try to give everyone a fair shot and read their posts, regardless of their perceived internet tough-guyness.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I usually ignore SteyrAug and HemiCuda.

Haven't read one of their posts in weeks....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#32]
High post-count free-loaders. I just consider the source.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#33]
As a rule, I avoid that dvr9 guy.  What a prick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I suspect no one reads my post anyway.

-JTP

I'm fairly certain that no one reads mine either....

Its just as well though, I bring nothing to the table.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have an ARFCOM stalker, I'm trying to get a restraining order on him as we speak.

If your serious, let staff know who. We don't need garbage like that on here.

Nah, I want to keep him going, hopefully he will get himself banned one of these days.

Trying to get a restraining order against "System_Message"?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Oops. Stupid tabs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have an ARFCOM stalker, I'm trying to get a restraining order on him as we speak.

If your serious, let staff know who. We don't need garbage like that on here.

Nah, I want to keep him going, hopefully he will get himself banned one of these days.

Trying to get a restraining order against "System_Message"?

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i30.tinypic.com/1emdra.jpg

LOL!   Damn - I need to put on some weight!!!

Better?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top