Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Boeing/McDD?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen the same thing where my company bought another company which was once very successful and well known but was circling the drain.  The management, directors, etc from the purchased company somehow wound up replacing our management and now they’re currently working on wrecking a once healthy company.

Boeing/McDD?

It happened when Packard Bought Studebaker
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Colt fucking up another company is more believable than all the Qanon stuff people here were believing. Because Colt being fuckups is a proven thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought there was some sort of issue with the land deal because they took too long to break ground. Is the Little Rock facility back on track?
View Quote

To be honest, last I heard about it was probably pre covid?  I wasn't aware of any issues.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is very plausible.

Anyone remember DHL acquiring Airborne Express? Well DHL made the same mistakes. Now look at them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but what you dont know is, According to the reddit poster who worked there and got laid off (along with all his coworkers), the euros see colt as this American institution and bedrock of firearms manufacturing who has been in business for hundreds of years now, so they must be experts at making guns.

And not back to back to back bankruptcy champions, they let Colt bring CZ usa into their NH factory, where colt laid everyone off and killed CZ-USA.

The list came from a large CZ distributor who posted it to FB.

This is very plausible.

Anyone remember DHL acquiring Airborne Express? Well DHL made the same mistakes. Now look at them.

Also Boeing acquiring McDonnell Douglas.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The CZ P07 and P09 were heavily overhyped by an “industry pro” who went on to hyping Staccato. Now he posts about Caniks, and “blue collar” Glocks with Taran stippling

The P07 and P09 lasted about a year for me before I sold them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Colt fucking up another company is more believable than all the Qanon stuff people here were believing. Because Colt being fuckups is a proven thing.
View Quote

I'm changing my assessment. OP is just dumb.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To be honest, last I heard about it was probably pre covid?  I wasn't aware of any issues.
View Quote

Maybe I read it in a troll thread?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#9]
In to see how this turns out.

And just because CZ bought Colt doesn’t mean they won’t put some high level Colt people back in charge to F things up. I’ve been through company buy outs where the “loser” staff ended up in key positions and made disastrous decisions because they were given the autonomy to do so. On top of that, no one would override them to “preserve morale”.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
THe LR facility has fallen through, as far as I know. They were supposed to start on the facility by a certain date and they did not, and the land went back to the LR port / City of LR ownership.

Quoted:

I thought there was some sort of issue with the land deal because they took too long to break ground. Is the Little Rock facility back on track?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Well that does it.
I’ve put off buying that DWX too long.  
I guess I will pick one up tonight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Beretta, HK, and Sig DA/SA are better.

Buy one of them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CZ revamps their gun line every few years. This is nothing unusual.

Most of this will be coming back as updated models or new SKUs. You act like they’re shutting down the entire brand. They release 20+ new models every year.

Also, CZ owns Colt. Don’t believe some random Reddit user who claims that Colt is running the show. That’s just retarded.

You think they bought out a company and then let that company take over and kill off the entire brand? Maybe those people got laid off because Colt quality has went to shit before CZ got there.
View Quote

So, our company owned by Euros bought another company in the US that was on their third bankruptcy. We were now the biggest baddest in the industry. Euros decided to keep the bankrupt management and let them run the company, fukn retards. Went public, cut benefits and shit wage increases. Sold off divisions and equipment to try and make ends meet but the lawyers did a shit job of digging into contracts and lease agreements and the debt was billions. And then 2 years later merger was tits up and bankrupt. Anybody with half a brain saw it coming after the first public quarterly report but evidently high dollar degrees come with blinders.

My point is, the answer to your question in the last paragraph is yes. It happens.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#14]
This one's dumb enough to be plausible.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
THe LR facility has fallen through, as far as I know. They were supposed to start on the facility by a certain date and they did not, and the land went back to the LR port / City of LR ownership.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My impression was that CZ abandoned the Little Rock plans when they decided to buy Colt. I figured they planned to use Colt’s facilities and resources instead. If any of this news is true, it’s probably that transition taking place.

Not to say anything bad about the P10, but it doesn’t take a new fancy building to injection mold a polymer gun and have a computerized CNC mill spit out parts. CZ-USA was likely contracting out P10 parts manufacturing anyways for the US made guns. If my hunch is true, we’ll likely see the P10 re-emerge as a Colt branded gun with slightly different molding changes. As much as the internet loves CZ, the general gun owning population knows the Colt name a lot better than CZ.

All this is speculation so I’m probably wrong.

Edit: The question to the answer comes down to is why buy a turn-key well known company that can make and market your product and then not utilize it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’ve seen the same thing where my company bought another company which was once very successful and well known but was circling the drain.  The management, directors, etc from the purchased company somehow wound up replacing our management and now they’re currently working on wrecking a once healthy company.
View Quote

Anybody who doesn't believe this can happen hasn't spent much time in the corporate world.  It happens all the time.  

That might not be what's happening here, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Fwd:Fwd:fwd:fwd
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The CZ P07 and P09 were heavily overhyped by an “industry pro” who went on to hyping Staccato. Now he posts about Caniks, and “blue collar” Glocks with Taran stippling

The P07 and P09 lasted about a year for me before I sold them.
View Quote

Who?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Too add to it, CZ-USA president and CEO stepped down recently.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A post a few weeks ago on reddit got deleted within a day by the poster but Colt laid off everyone in CZ-USA division.

Check the OP for the discontinued list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, WTF?

A post a few weeks ago on reddit got deleted within a day by the poster but Colt laid off everyone in CZ-USA division.

Check the OP for the discontinued list.

Ummm you know that CZ bought Colt right?  Hahahah
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am out from under my NDA and non competent clause
View Quote
So when were you declared incompetent and by whom?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

To add to this, I just noticed CZ’s law enforcement website significantly changed and is merged with Colt products. CZ used to have a ton of LE guns that first responders could buy but it’s been significantly cut down. CZ’s LE page used to have all sorts of info about the sales staff but there’s no mention of it now.

https://le.cz-usa.com/
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#24]
This makes me sad if it's true.  Every time I visit a gun shop I keep my eye peeled for certain CZ pistols on my list.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct - AR deal isn't happening
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Dang, guess I will never own a parrot
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Is this so they can ramp up DWX production?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This one's dumb enough to be plausible.
View Quote

This is exactly where I am at with it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.coltczgroup.com/media-tiskove-zpravy/zmeny-v-predstavenstvu-spolecnosti-colt-cz-group-se

"Prague, August 11, 2022 - Colt CZ Group SE ("Colt CZ", "Group" or "Company") hereby announces changes in the Board of Directors of Colt CZ and in the top management of CZ-USA. The Supervisory Board of Colt CZ discussed the resignation of Mrs. Alice Poluchov  from the position of member of the Board of Directors, which hereby ceased to exist as of August 11, 2022. Ms. Poluchov  also resigned for personal reasons from all other positions in the Group as of August 1, 2022, including the position of President and CEO of CZ- USA. The appointment of a new member of the Board of Directors of Colt CZ will be announced as soon as it becomes relevant."
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I work about a mile from CZ-USA here in the Fairfax area of Kansas City, KS.  I know indirectly a couple of CZ people here.  I don't believe much of what the OP posted is true.  One of the guys stated they weren't real happy that some of Colt's upper management moved in to positions that he thought CZ guys should be in.  CZ is moving their assembly to Colt's facility.  Colt has massive manufacturing and assembly facilities in comparison to the small assembly shop here.  Most everything was manufactured in the Czech Republic. He says other than that not much is changing.  

Why would CZ eliminate some very successful guns??  
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because according to the OP, CZ hates profit
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#34]
WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT...???    NO WAY    this has got to be a joke....and it aint funny, tell me this is not real...
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#35]
This may be true the list of all of the rifles CZ is down to 4 lines with the rest all gone.  No parts either. I guess I will be buying at CDNN when the sale comes
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#36]
So does this mean CZ employees will join the Colt union?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Does this mean the .308 Bren isn't coming?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Also Boeing acquiring McDonnell Douglas.
View Quote

Great example!  Boeing’s quality dropped dramatically after the acquisition due to change in corporate leadership and culture.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#39]
So CZ is like FN now?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I work about a mile from CZ-USA here in the Fairfax area of Kansas City, KS.  I know indirectly a couple of CZ people here.  I don't believe much of what the OP posted is true.  One of the guys stated they weren't real happy that some of Colt's upper management moved in to positions that he thought CZ guys should be in.  CZ is moving their assembly to Colt's facility.  Colt has massive manufacturing and assembly facilities in comparison to the small assembly shop here.  Most everything was manufactured in the Czech Republic. He says other than that not much is changing.  

View Quote

Uhhh, your anecdotal info would certainly seem in line with the Reddit speculation, and the link above about the BOD being vacant.

Putting Colt management in over the CZ operations is pretty much your red flag right there that, exactly as anyone here from the corporate world can attest, CZ-USA is about to get run into the ground.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You would be surprised

I am out from under my NDA and non competent clause, but still don't want to name names.

But the company I used to work for, is being run by company they bought. New management replaced old company management, being run exactly like the failing company.

Here is a generic example I feel ok giving. Before we bought the company that was failing, techs would carry whatever spare parts in their inventory they wanted. If a customer was down, and you didn't have the part, you could order it overnight, no problem.

After new company took over, a computer database called Oracle r11 decided what inventory everyone carried. Every month we would get a list of ' excess inventory ' we had to ship back to Nashville.
Someone showed Japan a spread sheet how techs carrying less inventory would save money. But, the department that paid our UPS bill every month wasn't included in that spreadsheet. To combat the increase of over 11 million a month in UPS overnight charges, you then had to have your managers approval to order parts overnight.

Long story short, new company ' solved ' an issue that wasn't an issue, created a much larger issue, and the fix for that fucked over customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
colt sells less guns than cz in terms of volume and models. I don't think any company would allow a dying company to destroy their entire share of the american market.

You would be surprised

I am out from under my NDA and non competent clause, but still don't want to name names.

But the company I used to work for, is being run by company they bought. New management replaced old company management, being run exactly like the failing company.

Here is a generic example I feel ok giving. Before we bought the company that was failing, techs would carry whatever spare parts in their inventory they wanted. If a customer was down, and you didn't have the part, you could order it overnight, no problem.

After new company took over, a computer database called Oracle r11 decided what inventory everyone carried. Every month we would get a list of ' excess inventory ' we had to ship back to Nashville.
Someone showed Japan a spread sheet how techs carrying less inventory would save money. But, the department that paid our UPS bill every month wasn't included in that spreadsheet. To combat the increase of over 11 million a month in UPS overnight charges, you then had to have your managers approval to order parts overnight.

Long story short, new company ' solved ' an issue that wasn't an issue, created a much larger issue, and the fix for that fucked over customers.
Boston Consulting Group had to have had their hand in that. It reeks of their mismanagement for hire.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't know if what OP reports is true, but I have it on reasonably good authority that CZ is consolidating their rifle lines.  The 550 Safari has been discontinued, which is very sad.  It was about the only true production CRF dangerous game rifle around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, in to see where this goes.

I'd buy another 457 in a heartbeat. It's actually sort of on my list.

I think they were crazy to discontinue the 550 series and the 600 that replaced it seems to have growing pains.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Boeing/McDD?
View Quote

No, but that’s another good example.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well that does it.
I’ve put off buying that DWX too long.  
I guess I will pick one up tonight.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Beretta, HK, and Sig DA/SA are better.

Buy one of them.
View Quote

Yes, this!
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I don’t want to believe but inclined to do so. There are a couple CZs close on my list. Bummer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You would be surprised

View Quote
I worked for a major cable company for almost 20 years, about half way through that, there was a large nation wide phone company who had a large foot print in the Cable industry, even though their plant, property and systems were shit.

Anyway, we bought all their cable systems (no one from our company did any due diligence to see what we were actually buying, its status and condition. ) All or at least the majority of their property and cable plant was shit and had to be completely overhauled and rebuilt. That was one of the biggest things that caused our company to file bankruptcy...  

Then if that wasn't good enough, tons of our folks were laid off or somehow let go and the folks from the company we bought replaced the folks that go laid off.  The whole thing sucked.   I lasted almost another 10 years after that before I finally had to pull the eject lever.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Cancelling models that are popular is a very Colt move. If CZ starts making the Double Eagle 2000 in .40 we will know for sure.
Page / 5
Top Top