Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
No it means I just can't afford to own one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pure-Sex

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Your dag is starting to tuck its tail due to that thing.

Also is that an inflatable pool by your pool?  Someone cue the Xzibit "Yo dawg...." Meme

edited before grammer nazis
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
For a while I'd thought about one. No real place to shoot something like that here, and I don't know what's going on with the ammo for one these days either. It was always kind of pricey to squeeze the trigger on one, don't know if it's gone retard like .22LR and doubled on price several times. Or maybe it was already too expensive for the "investors" ?
Then the legal thing, the grabbers have always wanted them. That's an awful lot of money to to drop on something to be made useless by ammo bans or some such shit. I kind of see ammo availability right now jeopardizing all of it as it is though. I've already dropped a couple projects just because they're too hard to feed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a liberal. I hope my boss doesn't find out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hell, I can't afford .308, .223 and 7.62x39 are somewhat of a luxury, and .22 not worth the price nowadays.  What's .50 going for now? $10.00/round? Not gonna happen unless I win Powerball.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of us prefer money in our bank accounts.

Get both!

Barrett CQ owner.

Hell, I can't afford .308, .223 and 7.62x39 are somewhat of a luxury, and .22 not worth the price nowadays.  What's .50 going for now? $10.00/round? Not gonna happen unless I win Powerball.  

Hell,the cost to reload .50 is cheaper than buying a lot of rounds these days.......
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For a while I'd though about one. No real place to shoot something like that here, and I don't know what's going on with the ammo for one these days either. It was always kind of pricey to squeeze the trigger on one, don't know if it's gone retard like .22LR and doubled on price several times. Or maybe it was already too expensive for the "investors" ?
Then the legal thing, the grabbers have always wanted them. That's an awful lot of money to to drop on something to be made useless by ammo bans or some such shit. I kind of see ammo availability right now jeopardizing all of it as it though. I've already dropped a couple projects just because they're too hard to feed.
View Quote

What I worry about is if the ATF ever managed to ban the majority of .50bmg ammo for being AP.  Right now they can't since there's no production .50bmg handguns out there.  At best there have only been prototypes and plans to make them.  If some manufacturer produced an actual .50bmg handgun for sale to the public then the ATF could swoop in and ban about 90% of the current .50bmg ammo for being armor piercing handgun ammo.  Even the standard M33/tracer ammo all has a mild steel core.  Then you've got all of the .mil surplus AP/API/APIT ammo which would be lost.  You'd basically be stuck with Hornady A-max or the solid copper stuff which is going for $8 per shot
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hell,the cost to reload .50 is cheaper than buying a lot of rounds these days.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both!

Barrett CQ owner.

.50 actually isn't that bad.  I recently bought some API rounds for about $2.80 per shot.  That's like 6-8 5.56 rounds at the current pricing.  Then if you reload you could conceivably get the price down even lower.  Bear in mind that a .50 isn't a gun that you're gonna be shooting a ton when you take it out.  Last time I took mine out I shot it about 15 times and was done for the day
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]
See avatar.

I have been thinking of getting another 50bmg bolt action.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#11]
The irony is, if I could act like a liberal and buy it with someones else's money, I'd have one... and shoot the hell out of it.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I could own one if I were inclined. I couldn't afford to shoot it though, nor do I have access to a range that it would be worth shooting it at.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I dont own one, dont desire to own one. Would love to shoot one, but its capabilities would be wasted on me.

And yes, I admit it.... I am a Liberal.........just more like a 1813 liberal rather than a 2013 liberal........
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For a while I'd though about one. No real place to shoot something like that here, and I don't know what's going on with the ammo for one these days either. It was always kind of pricey to squeeze the trigger on one, don't know if it's gone retard like .22LR and doubled on price several times. Or maybe it was already too expensive for the "investors" ?
Then the legal thing, the grabbers have always wanted them. That's an awful lot of money to to drop on something to be made useless by ammo bans or some such shit. I kind of see ammo availability right now jeopardizing all of it as it though. I've already dropped a couple projects just because they're too hard to feed.
View Quote

When I had mine, I always figured that it was
10 rounds of .22LR shot was the equivalent of 1 round of 5.56
and
10 rounds of 5.56 was the equivalent of 1 rd. of BMG.

(that's about the amount of shooting I'd do for each...if I shot 1k rounds of .22lr, I'd probably shoot 100rds 5.56 or 10 rds. BMG in a session).

So as long as the cost was no more than 100 rds .22lr or 10 rds. 5.56, it was 'economical'.

Right now...  .22lr is going for about $7 to $10 per hundred, 5.56 is going for about $4.50 to $5.00 per 10 rounds...and .50 BMG is going for about $3 to $7 each.

So...not too far off now vs. about 10 years ago....

AFARR
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Hah! I don't even own a house yet. Not gonna spend $8k on the .50 I really want. My problem is compounded by the fact that there is nowhere around here (available to me) to shoot it. 100 yards is not enough.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or are hindered by the lack thereof.

Personally, I just want a good bolt action in .300 Win.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SATIRE,....

In your eye, n00b.  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=24386&prev=1

Nice.

Every time I want one of those things, I remind myself of how far I'd have to drive to get to a range where it can be enjoyed. You're not too far from Manatee, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I was FORCED to buy an AR-50 when it became clear the Caliban was going to ban them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Kids used it to play in the pool with it.

A kiddie pool in a pool

Free

Quoted:

Also is that an inflatable pool by your pool?  Someone cue the Xzibit "Yo dawg...." Meme

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOTS of site members have shot ours--State Arms Rebel.  Made by Herr Horstkamp in August before his death in December.  
View Quote

I haven't been following the BMG stuff lately.    Didn't someone else take over?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

This, I simply cannot afford a 4k rifle right now

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Get both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both

Do you buy the gun first, or rob the bank first?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I picked up an AR-30 in .338 Lapua six months ago.  Best I can do in this state.
View Quote

Best you can do in Somalia? I thought the best over there was a rusty, old, beat-to-shit AK.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes--the guy who made the triggers.  I think he is Lyle somebody.  The name was changed to East Ridge Gun Company (IIRC).  The site redirects.  I've talked to him on the phone and he's a nice guy, but I know nothing else.  

Long time no see--I hope you and your family are well.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOTS of site members have shot ours--State Arms Rebel.  Made by Herr Horstkamp in August before his death in December.  

I haven't been following the BMG stuff lately.    Didn't someone else take over?

Yes--the guy who made the triggers.  I think he is Lyle somebody.  The name was changed to East Ridge Gun Company (IIRC).  The site redirects.  I've talked to him on the phone and he's a nice guy, but I know nothing else.  

Long time no see--I hope you and your family are well.  

Older daughter just started College....it's been a LOOONNNNGGG time...

AFARR
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Picture thread?

Purchased when I was 20, single, and "full of money".
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I would love one, but .50 bmg is kind of a waste on a 100yrd range.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I own an M16A1.  What do I need with anything bigger
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

not that useful for Close Quarters.
View Quote
So, you haven't seen the video of Jerry Miculek shooting a Bill Drill with an M107A1?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah, 50BMG is sweet.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top