Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My dog acts like I died every time I go out (even if for only a few min) She went absolutely bat shit crazy when her original owners showd up one day after a few years. I think she would deal with it rather well though and love whoever she lived with. She also tries to sneak in my range bag and go shooting with me

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks a lot.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Be careful  

Delaware man dies trying to rescue dogs from fire

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9319948

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, of course I would not care once I am dead, but my dog is family and I tell family about my wishes if I were to suddenly die.

I just can't decide whether knowing of my death or thinking I abandoned her would be worse.

We have been inseparable buddies for 10 years. She really is my best friend. She is family, not livestock.

And yes, I would enter a burning building to try to save her.
Be careful  

Delaware man dies trying to rescue dogs from fire

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9319948

I don't care what anyone says...
My Yellow Lab.... Savannah has been loyal to me for over 10 years.

She would give her Life to protect me...And my Family.

I would run into a burning building to protect Her without any hesitation.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]

I would want my dog to know that I was dead.  My dog truly loves me and she will not eat or drink unless I am home.  Whenever I am out she sits my the window and looks for me.  She is truly my best friend and I would hate for her to wait for me always.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It's in my will that my dog would get to see me and visit me, to understand that I died and did not abandon her.

I have to leave her for 10 days at a boarding place, and it will be the longest time in 5 years.

Dogs know. They very much know, and abandonment very much affects them. They're pack animals who live with their own kind and create unbelievable bonds.

ETA: Raising a dog from a puppy, to taking one that's 1 to 2 years old is a huge difference. When you take them as puppies, YOU are now their pack / family.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#6]
My dad's dog did that. Moped around for a couple of years.  6 months after he died, my mom got around to having someone drive his car home and the little dog came to life, wiggling and hopping around.  Then he saw it was just the handyman driving dad's car and he wilted and dragged himself back in the house.

It was one of the saddest things ever.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
your dog be shown your body so she knows that you have died and didn't abandon her,

or for your dog to not see your body and spend the rest of her life waiting for you to come home, wondering why you abandoned her?

View Quote

I think that the dog probably will wonder for a day or two---and then worry about how it's going to find it's next pile of poop to eat.  It's a dog.
Not a person.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Dammit, pictures like that knock the dust from the ceiling.

I train and work with my dogs so much that we actually "speak" to each other. We communicate so well and have been doing it for so long that we can have long conversations about things and we both understand, both vocally and with hand signals. We are an inseparable team. I even end up talking to the wife in dog language sometimes, she understands like I was speaking english because it has become a family language that we all speak.

It hurts me to see a dog hurting like that. Fuck.

Dogs truly are man's best friend. Once you bridge the communication gap a whole world opens up.

I'm still undecided, but leaning towards letting the dog know that I'm gone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
What happens if he lifts his leg on your corpse?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm assuming that when I die my dog will already have thrown herself in front of the hail of bullets / pack of wolves / crazy ex-girlfriend, so if anyone will mourn it will be me for those last few seconds. Unless my attacker tosses a tennis ball first, thus saving my dog's life.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm assuming that when I die my dog will already have thrown herself in front of the hail of bullets / pack of wolves / crazy ex-girlfriend, so if anyone will mourn it will be me for those last few seconds. Unless my attacker tosses a tennis ball first, thus saving my dog's life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I train and work with my dogs so much that we actually "speak" to each other. We communicate so well and have been doing it for so long that we can have long conversations about things and we both understand, both vocally and with hand signals. We are an inseparable team. I even end up talking to the wife in dog language sometimes, she understands like I was speaking english because it has become a family language that we all speak.

Dogs truly are man's best friend. Once you bridge the communication gap a whole world opens up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I got a little teary eyed when I first saw that photo. Dogs know a lot more of what's going on than people give them credit for.

Hell, I'm alive and my yellow lab won't leave my side. I can tell what she is thinking and talk with her as well(although I don't know if we're on the same page)

They really are mans best friend and won't leave your side for anything. When you get a dog like that, you are truly lucky.

I wish I could remember the quote about the dog that died and the child wasn't sad because god only takes the things with endless love and compassion and that it takes people so much longer to learn it. Or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would not care, I am dead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
story about a dag in Japan whos owner died away from whee the dag could see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi:_A_Dog's_Tale

I would not care, I am dead.

This could set a record for quote trees if we let it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Our "baby" is our akita. There was a movie with Richard Gere called "Hatchi" that was loosely based on that akita in Japan who waited for its owner by the rail station for ten years. That was a rough movie to sit through. No dry eyes in the room...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]
If that's the way a dog's brain works, then yes, i would like for them to see me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I would want my dog to eat me, then be cremated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#17]
would want them to sniff me up and down and know I was dead.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't have a dog, and my cat would bond with someone else.

I'd be more worried and concerned with how my death hurt my HUMAN relatives/friends.

Dogs, jeez.  Who gives a shit how they feel after you're dead?  THEY'RE DOGS.

View Quote

HAhahahaha.... YOU, sir ("sir" pronounced in the expected way towards an Army officer), are definitely a CAT person (and having heard that, an entire GALAXY of dogs breathes a sigh of relief...)
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Whatever means she can live a long and healthy life.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You have never seen the videos of troops returning from a deployment and seeing their dogs obviously
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your dog doesnt understand the dif between you being gone 2 min or 2 hours.  

But let em see

You have never seen the videos of troops returning from a deployment and seeing their dogs obviously

He's making  the point without even knowing it.  If your dog likes you, it's probably wondering EVERY minute when you'll return, whether it's been 2 minutes or 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Dog wouldn't care and I sure as hell wouldn't care...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
your dog be shown your body so she knows that you have died and didn't abandon her,

or for your dog to not see your body and spend the rest of her life waiting for you to come home, wondering why you abandoned her?

View Quote

WTF is this
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF is this
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#24]
There's only one answer
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck the dog I'm dead.  Fucking 04ers.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dogs understand death. Being abandoned not so much. So I'd rather mine saw me, sniffed around, understood I was dead and didn't just go away.
View Quote

This right here!  It's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Every time I see that I tear up.  

If Im not home by a certain time, she waits.  She wont go to bed until I m home.  I was gone for 4 days a while back for work, they said she acted depressed the whole time I was gone.  When I came in she went crazy.    

So, saw her, let her know I didnt leave her.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd rather he see my body, otherwise he might think I'm a time traveling asshole who abandoned him.  
View Quote

well done fry
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Probably not give a damn one way or the other.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top