Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I think $1000 is too much for a Handgun, but if I went that route, BHP without a doubt.

In fact, I'd probably go with Cylinder and Slide Trigger Tuning, Novak Lo Mount Night Sights, Checkering on the Front and Back Straps, Black Chrome Finish and Gunner's Grips in some contrasting tone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]

There's nothing wrong with the BHP in general, but the hammer bites the hell out of my big fat hand. The 1911 fits more hands than the BHP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
1911, no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt 1991, holster, mags, ammo, done.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy anything that needed smithing or modifications out of the box. that is stupid.

Buy a weapon that works out of the box and use the remaining money on ammo and go shoot the damn thing.

My personal perference is the 92FS. I took mine out of the box and didn't have to do anything to it. I shoot pretty good with it after some practice.

wEll with the way things are made in this day and age you'l be lucky to find anything that can't be improved upon.
Even if it' GTG out of the box you'll find something that needs to be added for it to fill your needs.

I'm not really raging on you just adding my 2 cents worth.
With that said maybe you are the kind of guy that's happy with a out of the box gun.

If so, so much the better for you.

PS. I also owned a 92FS. Great handgun that needed no smitrhing and never gave me a malfunction. But I never felt that I could hit what I was trying to hit with my 92. I know this sounds funny but I even shot a 100% score with it while getting my CCW. yet I still never felt as if I could hit what I'm shooting at.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top