BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a dupe.

It is inside a fenced area somewhere...probably a different continent than Africa.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather see an overpopulation of lions than people.  The more they eat over there the better, in my opinion.  In fact, I say we let the lions multiply and ship them out to other areas.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Old topic.

Leo almost eats Bwana for lunch!

Piss poor hunt if you ask me.  The GWH's first shot was obviously not too shit hot...then they weren't ready for him to charge.  They were bunched up and damn lucky they didn't shoot each other or get cut in half by that wounded lion!  That looked like one screwed up safari to me.

I have no problem with hunting...but this one just don't look right.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We have a serious problem with cat people in this forum.

We need SARGE and his avatar!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Those guys were more of a threat to each other than they were to the lion!
Lucky no one got shot!

+1

That was the scariest part!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It amazes me how many PETA folks have ARs.

It amazes my how many AR folks lack empathy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Didn't we hash this out 6 months ago, with predictable results, i.e. nobody changed their mind about anything?

Oh, BTW, they weren't missing those shots....they were getting full penetration.

Yep. Same shit, different people.
CH
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm no Peta person, but I too was rooting fot the lion.  I know that the population of animals have to be controlled, but for such a fine animal to loose it's life to a bunch of assholes like that, makes me sick.  I can't stand rich trophy hunters.  REAL men don't enjoy killing anything.  

Wrong, real men still have not had their prey instinct domesticated out of them.

Metrosexuals have, though.

you mean their predator instinct?  I am not sure I have a prey instinct.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didn't we hash this out 6 months ago, with predictable results, i.e. nobody changed their mind about anything?

Oh, BTW, they weren't missing those shots....they were getting full penetration.

They couldn't get a clean kill (or even a mildly crippling shot) on an animal standing 50 yds away, yet we're supposed to believe all of those other shots under EXTREME pressure were hitting?

They should have hit him a dozen times as soon as he stood after the first poor shot.

I will say that the guide that took a knee and kept firing has balls of steel. He was ready to die.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
I'm no Peta person, but I too was rooting fot the lion. I know that the population of animals have to be controlled, but for such a fine animal to loose it's life to a bunch of assholes like that, makes me sick. I can't stand rich trophy hunters. REAL men don't enjoy killing anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong, real men still have not had their prey instinct domesticated out of them.

When men had to hunt to servive, it was a job.  I would kill to survive, and to protect freedom, but I would take no pleasure in it.  If you enjoy killing, I suggest you call Dr. Phill or something.

The emotions a human hunter feels when he kills his prey are too complex to go on about here.

All I will say is that the perverse, psycophantic pleasure you seem to be describing isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda like John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer, huh?

Whatever.  

Have you ever killed an animal in a fair chase hunt?  Have you then celebrated with a feast of the animal's flesh?

I have, and any real hunter understand exactly what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm no Peta person, but I too was rooting fot the lion.  I know that the population of animals have to be controlled, but for such a fine animal to loose it's life to a bunch of assholes like that, makes me sick.  I can't stand rich trophy hunters.  REAL men don't enjoy killing anything.  

you mean their predator instinct?  I am not sure I have a prey instinct.  

Yep.  That's what I meant.  Typing too fast, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Killing lions isnt cool

PLUS ONE.  No need for it unless it has become a nusense/dangerous animal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Human population has to be kept in check, Humans have to be culled , regardless of what you see on the Discovery channel Humans  in certain parts of Africa are doing very well. so well that lions, elephants, rhinos and endangered animlals are often on the menu or the toy list.  There is more than one country that allows Human hunting where it is needed to control the population it is very well regulated you cant just go out and blast Human at random.  I did not watch the video but if there was more than one guy shooting it was because the first guy made a bad shot and Humans are very very dangerous capable of killing you faster than you know what happened.  

You know hippos kill more people in Africa than any other animal. But who wants to shoot something that looks like Oprah and weighs half as much?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Have you ever killed an animal in a fair chase hunt?  Have you then celebrated with a feast of the animal's flesh?

I have, and any real hunter understand exactly what I'm talking about.

So, what youre saying is youre not a "real hunter" or a "real man" unless you kill things and celebrate in the killing?

I hunt deer every year when the population needs to be culled. I do it out of necessity, not because I like it. I don't.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#16]
After reading some of the responses here, I see the pussification of the American male is proceeding quite well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I was under the impression that little African Boy's can do a Lion with a spear to prove adulthood? or was that a Tarzan movie?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Killing lions isnt cool

I am constantly amazed by the total stupidity displayed her every day by some people.

Firstly a lion is always a dangerous animal.

Secondly in many parts of Africa lions are in no way endangered and are a danger to the local population.

Third the money that went into this hunt probably went to feed a lot of local families that worked for the people that organized the hunt.

Forth there is absolutely NO difference in this lion hunt and a deer, dove, rabbit hunt ect. here.

How many of you idiots showed such remorse for the poor damn cow the was raised and slaughtered for you last Big Mac, or your belt, shoes ect…

What a bunch of stupid hypocrites with big mouths and pea brains.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey guys, Guess what ?! People have been hunting "trophies" long before our great grandfathers great grand dad was in diapers! Do you think the are going to stop now? Beleive it or not ,during the last century there were men that were well reveared because of their adventures in Africa. Reveared in the hunting community. Do I think this guy "deserved" his trophy? No I don't.  Being a bad shot is unacceptable , regardless of the game your hunting. I usually root for the lion,bear,wart hog too. But people are still going to be idiots. Two ways to look at things fellows and lady's present. Now ... let's all go bash Kerry for awhile! take care.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Fucking anti hunting, anti "trophy hunting" pukes.

Just like anti gunners, cannot be reasoned with and their preconceived touchy, feely opinion isn't about to be swayed by fact, statistics or good common sense.

Get over it.

LEGAL hunting.

Generates BIG money for usually cash strapped local economies and individuals.

MANAGED game.

Get a life. You're coming across as complete sissies to those that do hunt and understand all that goes into it and is behind it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
After reading some of the responses here, I see the pussification of the American male is proceeding quite well.

+1

ETA: I love all the internet commandos that are making all kinds of assumptions about this video without knowing all the background behind it. This is the same way that liberals come to their conclusions about politics. Lets rely on our feelings or emotions about what we saw and not the facts about the situation.

Some people are obviously also lacking reading skills because it was already pointed out that THIS WAS NOT A CANNED HUNT. The lion broke INTO the fenced in area and had already killed a man and horse. He needed to be eliminated.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#22]
i dont really find shooting anything to be too impressive.  yeah, they look cool.  but if you want to impress me, go into the field with a knife and a club.  if you bring back a lion, then i'll be impressed.  Somehow shooting at something from 100's of yards away when half the time they dont know you are there....  woah!      (note: i like to hunt, just when its an ego booster for someone its annoying)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
What kind of .223 load would y'all use for lion?
Would you stick with a 5 rd. mag?
Mebbe a .50Beowulf upper would be needed for the wussies out there, eh?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i dont really find shooting anything to be too impressive.  yeah, they look cool.  but if you want to impress me, go into the field with a knife and a club.  if you bring back a lion, then i'll be impressed.  Somehow shooting at something from 100's of yards away when half the time they dont know you are there....  woah!      (note: i like to hunt, just when its an ego booster for someone its annoying)

Newsflash!  The lion obviously knew they were there and they were clearly within a hundred yards of the lion most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Like trying to debate politics with a lib. All of the bunny huggin dirt worshiping in this thread is making me sick.

I think I will go home and cook up some venison in response to all of you that "dont want to hurt bambi!". Then I am going to kick my dog, and shoot my neighbors cat!

CH
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Like trying to debate politics with a lib. All of the bunny huggin dirt worshiping in this thread is making me sick.

I think I will go home and cook up some venison in response to all of you that "dont want to hurt bambi!". Then I am going to kick my dog, and shoot my neighbors cat!

CH

Mmmmmmmm.....now you got me thinking about the inside tenderloins I've got in my freezer!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
EVERYBODY CHILL!

First, that was not a canned hunt. The lion broke INTO a compound the night before and killed a man and a horse. The local official knew that there was a hunter in the area and asked him if he wanted to shoot this lion since he had a tag. That lion cost him 25K, not 1.5K.

Once a lion has tasted man, he must be offed or he will kill another.

The only thing that saved that guys ass was the PH shooting the lion in the jaw right before he jumped. That threw him off balance, otherwise...

HUNT'N BIZ! (see my sig) bought the video for 5K and the hunter got pissed off he was being shown as a bufoon and sued to get HB to quit distributing the video.

Got a link to prove this?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Killing lions isnt cool

I am constantly amazed by the total stupidity displayed her every day by some people.

Firstly a lion is always a dangerous animal.

Secondly in many parts of Africa lions are in no way endangered and are a danger to the local population.

Third the money that went into this hunt probably went to feed a lot of local families that worked for the people that organized the hunt.

Forth there is absolutely NO difference in this lion hunt and a deer, dove, rabbit hunt ect. here.

How many of you idiots showed such remorse for the poor damn cow the was raised and slaughtered for you last Big Mac, or your belt, shoes ect…

What a bunch of stupid hypocrites with big mouths and pea brains.

What a bunch of clowns!

How many of you have actually BEEN to Africa and hunted? How about a photo "safari"? Well, then, how about just been to Africa...sub-sahara Africa? And Yes, I have...and I will go back after Christmas.

The lion was gonna die at some point anyway. He was FAR from defensless at about 400 or so pounds with serious teeth and claws and speed you absolutely would not believe! They have been killing lions ever since man set foot in Africa and guess what? They are still not endangered in many parts of the continent. I have a friend who killed 22...that's twenty two... on  a culling hunt into Zimbabwe a few years ago...including one at his tent doorway at midnight! They also killed tons...yes, tons...of other game. Ya know what? ALL of it...every bit...went to feed locals who could have never killed it themselves. He is South African, but US hunters pay exorbitant fees to hunt there...if it bleeds it costs big money! $25,000 is not out of line for a trophy Lion, and many guys spend upwards of $50,000 to go on an old style safari...some over $2500 a day for weeks! That does not even begin to address the fees for caping and mounting, shipping, (very expensive) etc. There is an entire industry there that revolves around hunting.

This is not Bambi and Disney World... it is not videos on TV...it is heart-stopping reality if it is YOU in the lion's sights! As for Game Farms...the vast majority of hunting left in Africa these days...most are several thousand acres, and just because there are fences does not mean that the animals cannot come and go of their own accord...and they do all the time. That lion, unwounded, could easily get oiver that fence if he wanted to do so, believe me, an animal that can do a 100yd dash in about four seconds can get over a fence...or through it...if he wants.

And the first issue your PH or Game Farm owner will address is if you can shoot well. BTW the favorite caliber there for most game is the .308 / 7.62 x 51...not the big boys!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't know the facts behind that story, so it would not be fair for me to comment on the hunt, but it seems from reading the comments that what offended most people was the overmatch - 4 guys with elephant guns - the lion never had a chance.  I don't think anyone here would object to them hunting with bows and spears.  Hell, I'd like to watch that hunt since at least one dumbass would lose an arm or leg - bows and spears up the ante a little!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top