Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have a link to where I can buy a complete flamethrower?  I don't want a kit.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link to where I can buy a complete flamethrower?  I don't want a kit.

http://flamethrowerexpert.com/broke.html

Subguns.com has listings occasionally too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The FLAMETHROWER:  evidence that someone once said "hey, I wish I had a way to set those guys way over there on fire".

But I'm way too far away to get the job done.....

"I just don't want to walk over there to do it"
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A better counter to the point, without noting the legality of oh-so-fun flamethrowers, is to start talking about the difference between arms and ordnance.

For the purposes of the 2nd - there is no such difference.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I now really, really want a flame thrower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  

arm 2  (ärm)
n.
1. A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.

Almost all of the Founding Fathers' writings at the time, personal and political, indicated they meant small arms.  Infantry and militia weapons.  I do not disagree that a flamethrower, M249, M2, M79, etc would be considered infantry or militia weapons, but ordnance like nuclear weapons might be an illogical stretch based on what we know about their intent.

Tenche Coxe:

“Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American… [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.”, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Considering that you could have privately owned artillery batteries or cannon-equipped warships at the time, I don't think you can support limiting the 2nd's protection to small arms.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ditto. I kinda need one now too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Almost all of the Founding Fathers' writings at the time, personal and political, indicated they meant small arms.  Infantry and militia weapons.  I do not disagree that a flamethrower, M249, M2, M79, etc would be considered infantry or militia weapons, but ordnance like nuclear weapons might be an illogical stretch based on what we know about their intent.

Arguing about nukes in context of the Second Amendment is retarded.

The Second is a limit on government power.

Somone with a nuke doesn't need the Second Amendment.  They need a really good dead-man switch.

Private citizens or corporations with nuclear weapons would be handled the way we currently handle sovereign states.  (Treaties, embargo, sanctions etc.)
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I would use one for duck hunting
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A flamethrower would be devastating in a movie theater or classroom.

Do they really want crazy people to resort to flamethrowers?

And there is no way to completely rid the country of them because they are so easy to make, a hardware store like Lowes has all the parts you'd need to make a very effective flame thrower. A trip to a place that sells beer kegs would make it even better because you could pick up 3 CO2 cylinders and run even higher pressure than you could with just standard compressed air tanks.

Would pressurized CO2 be the best option for this endeavor? It seems the CO2 would drown out your flame rather quickly?? Perhaps a trip to the local welding supply for oxygen or something? I'm no chemist, just playing devils advocate hah.

Regardless, Don't build flamethrowers in your backyard. Seems to me this could have a high potential of something going seriously wrong. Erin Andrews wrong even.

No. You do not want Oxygen as the pressurising gas, that would turn a flame thrower into a bomb. Inert pressurizing gas like CO2 or Argon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

https://www.google.com/search?q=super+soaker+flamethrower  

I don't want some homemade rig. I want a mil spec flamethrower.

Why fuck around, right???

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The FLAMETHROWER:  evidence that someone once said "hey, I wish I had a way to set those guys way over there on fire".

See my sig line
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
See my sig line

You need to edit your sig line. It should read 'are TOO far away', not TO.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've seen lots of anti's saying nobody should be able to have horrible AR's for the same reason people can't own a bomb or a WMD. Instead of arguing with them, tell them to Google the word flamethrower and ask them how they feel that flamethrower's are legal in most places. Ask them if they think a flamethrower might be as deadly as a rifle.

well after they watch a couple videos they will never have a full nights sleep again

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A flamethrower would be devastating in a movie theater or classroom.

Do they really want crazy people to resort to flamethrowers?

And there is no way to completely rid the country of them because they are so easy to make, a hardware store like Lowes has all the parts you'd need to make a very effective flame thrower. A trip to a place that sells beer kegs would make it even better because you could pick up 3 CO2 cylinders and run even higher pressure than you could with just standard compressed air tanks.

Would pressurized CO2 be the best option for this endeavor? It seems the CO2 would drown out your flame rather quickly?? Perhaps a trip to the local welding supply for oxygen or something? I'm no chemist, just playing devils advocate hah.

Regardless, Don't build flamethrowers in your backyard. Seems to me this could have a high potential of something going seriously wrong. Erin Andrews wrong even.

No. You do not want Oxygen as the pressurising gas, that would turn a flame thrower into a bomb. Inert pressurizing gas like CO2 or Argon.

Nitrogen

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A better counter to the point, without noting the legality of oh-so-fun flamethrowers, is to start talking about the difference between arms and ordnance.

For the purposes of the 2nd - there is no such difference.

It's an argument to trip up douchebags, not supreme court justices.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See my sig line

Not unknown.  That was George Carlin.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
See my sig line

You need to edit your screen, because it is complete in my sig line.

the only thing missing is the credit as it says "Unknow
the N is missing, and it SHOULD be acredited to George Carlin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See my sig line

Then my screen's busted too.    "...to far away..." it says.  And it says "unkno," not "unknow".

What witchcraft is this?  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can already hear it:
"YOU DON'T NEED A FLAME THROWER TO KILL A DEER!!!"

Well thanks again ARFCOM...yet one more damn thing I will now have to buy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#26]
How did our awesome flamethrower thread turn into a debate about what weapons are protected by the 2nd Amendment?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See my sig line

Homonyms are a bitch.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See my sig line

They're our several mistakes in your sig liine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the legalities of  a flamethrower anyway? I got a chance to play with one once. I remember it as being cool, but rather unpleasant.

Cpt. Redleg

AFAIK, they are just pricey, but I don't remember any special licensing.
That being said, its been a few years since I was around one.

I believe they may be DD's

Nope, they aren't.

Ok
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top