BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fuck yes, I'd open carry an assault rifle.

Except mine would be a 5.56mm AKS-74U with a LaRue AK irondot.

What's stopping you? Local(city) ordinances?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, don't have anything the would point to me having a gun, No Sig Ball cap, No Colt T-Shirt, No NRA bumper sticker, so when the firing starts, I'm not singled out because of the advertisement, it will be a surprise when the gun come out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arfcom answer, carry both M16 and CCW.

So you can get your rifle back after some jerk sneaks up and swipes it?

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm certainly not opposed to having the option, but carrying a title 1 weapon around all day would be a pain, and I already get detained by the cops for random things a lot as it is...
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I OC it when I hike, then back into town.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It depends, is this some fantasy world where the cops won't harass you and everyone won't flip out because you have a general purpose rifle?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
So is it illegal to OC your AR?
Why Not? 3Rnd bursts seem over rated.

and of course Im aware of the true Full Auto M16 capability
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
No.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont think crime or society is bad enough now to warrant the extra effort and hassle that comes along with carrying one. Also I think it would cause way too much panic and confusion even in texas where the law allows it.

Now i wouldnt mind if my agency would allow me to open carry off duty. I think i would only take advantage of it maybe once a month but it would be nice if i was going to the movies and didnt want my gun jabbing me in the back for an hour. It would also come in handy when im walking around the dog park and dont want a hot and sweaty holster rubbing on me. Still, open carry of a rifle is allowed now in TX and i dont do it. I dont think open carry of a handgun is even a good idea except for specific situations.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea it gets old after the first day. I'll stick with CC.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The carry of rifles isn't regulated by Texas state law except in places where weapons are prohibited...

This, Texas is great.  However I do not open carry my AR.  I perfer the scumbag not know I have a gun.

would you screw with a guy with an AR slung on his shoulder?  I would not.

It is good to know that when the SHTF... that we can patrol our neighborhoods with rifles.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Magpul PDR with Aimpoint T-1.

You could almost ccw that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#15]
YES...

We needed some more PICS!

No thanks necessary!
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Occasionally.

Yup. It's a PITA sometimes compared to a pistol. On the FOB we used to argue over who got to carry the M-9. Luckily, us 240 gunners were issued one so we didn't have to fight over it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Royal Pain to carry a rifle unless you are heading into combat.  I'll stick with my full size glock.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Open carry is legal here. I would only do it if it became commonplace.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Let's say laws change,

No need for that in My State.
Would I? Sure at times.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
No, but a glock 18, beretta 93r, or CZ-75 F/A FTW
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
YES...

Time for a PIC...

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv118/Legend_AB/hotidf-1.jpg

No thanks necessary

Well then I'll not thank you.
Thrid from the left is the hotest, the others not so much.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I can carry my subgun openly or CCW as it's classified as a "pistol due to length in Michigan. For as fucked up as our gun laws were for a while, open carry of a firearm has always been legal regardless of the type. We can only CCW "pistols", which are any handgun as well as rifles and scatterguns shorter than 30". This means folding stock guns like the XCR, AKM underfolder and short rifles like the AUG and Beretta CX4 Storm are Good To Go.

I'm waiting for the day when someone carries an AK into a shopping mall and get skullfucked with a rubber chainsaw by 5 cities worth of SWAT teams.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#23]
No, I don't live in a combat zone and I don't want the attention or the weight that would come along with it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Royal Pain to carry a rifle unless you are heading into combat.  I'll stick with my full size glock.

+1, slinging a rifle all day long sucks unless you get paid to do it. Then it still sucks but at least you have a good reason for it.

Carbon 15 Type 21R FTW!
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#25]
hell yea!
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#26]
As far as I know it is already perfectly legal in Arizona, and I've never had even the slightest inclination to carry an m16 or any other kind of long arm openly.

It is only on rare occasions i've felt it appropriate to open carry a handgun.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, I don't live in a combat zone and I don't need want the attention or the weight that would come along with it.

This

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is legal where I live and no I do not do it.

I don't think I've ever once seen someone open carry a long gun in public.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Me like....  (drool)

If I had my way, I would do it sometimes.  But it would be an SBR/collapsible, just for the sake of convenience.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As far as I know it is already perfectly legal in Arizona, and I've never had even the slightest inclination to carry an m16 or any other kind of long arm openly.

You mean you're not really in China?

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wrong! To open carry in AZ the firearm must be in a holster, case or scabbard.

13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation; or

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation; or

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Interesting! I wonder if you could somehow alter a sling to such a configuration that you could argue it was also a scabbard or holster.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in China.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, I would.

And for your viewing pleasure.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#35]
On several occasions when I still rode, I slung an AR15 and an AK47 across my back and rode to the range on my motorcycle.  I even stopped for refreshments at the gas station.

The earth did not end, and I was not accosted.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in China.

It would be easy for site staff to confirm this.  

Personally, I have my doubts.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in China.

It would be easy for site staff to confirm this.  

Personally, I have my doubts.

Lets bet a lot of money on it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#38]
why would you have to ask?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Honestly - it's a royal pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, on occassion.  Particularly when I attended large gatherings.

I went to a community festival a few weeks ago, and mentioned to my wife that I with I could sling a rifle for events like that.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes.

Heck, I'd be perfectly if the NFA registry was reopened.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Why the hell would you? Just to look bad ass? Do you really want to carry something that big and heavy all day long? You guys must live in some really unsafe areas to need a real assault rifle to protect yourselves.

I wouldn't. I'd get a CCW if I could.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I sure would. Legally, I could walk around open carrying an unloaded rifle/shotgun. Even my 12.5" 870 or M14, but the thing is, I would have to have it unloaded and ammo in my pocket instead of in the gun. Also, I would definitely have the cops called on me anywhere I went and would get bs charges on me like disturbing the peace.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#44]
No.  If the threat was that bad, and I was unable to move away from it, I doubt I would be just "going about my daily business" anymore.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Why the hell would you? Just to look bad ass? Do you really want to carry something that big and heavy all day long? You guys must live in some really unsafe areas to need a real assault rifle to protect yourselves.

Its a deterrent.  If you regularly saw random strangers with slung rifles, wouldn't you think twice about snatching that purse?

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I would in a heartbeat! Carrying a rifle isnt that big of a deal if you have a decent single point sling.

BTW, since when were IDF girls so damn sexi???
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.  Sorry man, but you're wrong.  Section A, Paragraphs 1 and 2 apply only to concealed weapons.  

ETA:  I know it's kind of in lawyer speak, but it clearly states Concealed and Pursuant to 13-3112, which is the CWP Statute.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a deterrent.  If you regularly saw random strangers with slung rifles, wouldn't you think twice about snatching that purse?  

No, I'd think more about snatching a rifle.

A rifle is the last thing you want to lug around, by yourself, doing daily chores, of petty thievery or street crime is high.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#49]
No i wouldn't and I might mention in many states open carry of long guns is legal.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Sure, I would

Its gotta be a carbine though.

I would rather carry a smith and wesson M76 9mm smg.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top