BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2014/06/17/the-latest-in-scientific-research-there-is-no-gay-gene#.VLrx4MZSJpc  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no one with half a brain will say its a choice.

You might, because hey, maybe I could convince you to suck a dick. Thats on you, though. No one's judging.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2014/06/17/the-latest-in-scientific-research-there-is-no-gay-gene#.VLrx4MZSJpc  
There's some evidence that it could be related to hormone exposure in the womb.  It doesn't have to be genetic to be present at birth.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Many people have the same opinion of religion.

Should we ban that as well?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares?
I do not agree with it and developmentally to a child, it is dangerous.  We are now saying that it is a "choice".
Many people have the same opinion of religion.

Should we ban that as well?

You are confusing issues.  One is a constitutional right and the other is a choice of who you love. I love dogs, do I have a right to marry my dog legally? No one is banning anything.  Gays can be with each other.  Marriage was first a religious right with legal implications.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No the will be asked to rule on whether the Bible is hate speech or not.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd have to actually read that, incredibly biased, article to figure out that even from the cherry picked data they are using, no scientist is reaching a conclusion.

Try again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And now its time for government enforcement of your cultural peccadilloes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The salad days of government legitimization of your cultural peccadilloes are done.

And now its time for government enforcement of your cultural peccadilloes.

I wish, since my cultural peccadillo is for the government to leave people alone.

It's not my fault that you're addicted to the feelz Uncle Sugar gives you.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A church cannot teach or refuse homosexual marriage or leadership.  It NOW becomes a constitutionally supported right.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets face it, if the US Supreme courts say marriage is unequal, then our whole society will change forever.  
How long before Disney makes teen movies with gays loving gays?

36 states already allow for same sex marriage (that's the majority of them if math is hard), and society hasn't descended into chaos yet...

apparently, you still have yet to make the link of what a US constitutional/supreme court verdict would mean to religious organizations of religious beliefs.  

What has it meant thus far?
A church cannot teach or refuse homosexual marriage or leadership.  It NOW becomes a constitutionally supported right.  

That's not even an English sentence. Try again, please.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No one has ever said this.  NO ONE.  Human Behavior is HARD/SOFT Science.  You are hard pressed to find 100% of people doing anything for the same reason. I DO KNOW that increase violence in those who have no empathy/predisposition to aggression will resort to violence before peaceful resolution/problem solving.  Just look at the criminal pop.  Anyways, behavior is mostly learned and if this is the case, we are now telling children whose sexuality is developing, that it is NOW a choice.  Is that so hard to understand?  
View Quote
Really?  Then why did McCain and Lieberman try to form a commission to study whether video games and youth violence are connected?  How about all the preachers that have called rap and rock n roll were the instruments of the devil?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You'd have to actually read that, incredibly biased, article to figure out that even from the cherry picked data they are using, no scientist is reaching a conclusion.

Try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try again.
Not interested in meeting your burden of proof.  I have this feeling you will continue denying shit.  I would like to know if you have ANY understanding of human development THEN I will continue or else arguing shit with someone who knows nothing about something they are arguing becomes a waste of time.  Oh hell, I'll start.  I have 3 degrees and working on a PHD in Mental health/human behavior.  You?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who cares?
View Quote

So many more important things to be focusing on..... and people get hung up on these "distractions".

Why does OP care about who marries who?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There's some evidence that it could be related to hormone exposure in the womb.  It doesn't have to be genetic to be present at birth.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no one with half a brain will say its a choice.

You might, because hey, maybe I could convince you to suck a dick. Thats on you, though. No one's judging.

Epigenetics.

It scares them to contemplate that a small environmental change would have them catching for the other team.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So many more important things to be focusing on..... and people get hung up on these "distractions".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?

The Supreme Court cares therefore I cate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Really?  Then why did McCain and Lieberman try to form a commission to study whether video games and youth violence are connected?  How about all the preachers that have called rap and rock n roll were the instruments of the devil?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No one has ever said this.  NO ONE.  Human Behavior is HARD/SOFT Science.  You are hard pressed to find 100% of people doing anything for the same reason. I DO KNOW that increase violence in those who have no empathy/predisposition to aggression will resort to violence before peaceful resolution/problem solving.  Just look at the criminal pop.  Anyways, behavior is mostly learned and if this is the case, we are now telling children whose sexuality is developing, that it is NOW a choice.  Is that so hard to understand?  

I say for some YES.  If you are asserting or implying that humans are NOT IN THE LEAST impacted by social influences/violence then you are an imbecile.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I care.  I do not agree with it and developmentally to a child, it is dangerous.  We are now saying that it is a "choice".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares?
I care.  I do not agree with it and developmentally to a child, it is dangerous.  We are now saying that it is a "choice".
So all it would take was for you to watch a Disney show before you would want suck a cock?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lets face it, if the US Supreme courts say marriage is unequal, then our whole society will change forever.  

View Quote

As long as they don't show negro queers mixing with white queers I guess it's ok.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Jesus!  Leave gay people alone for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So all it would take was for you to watch a Disney show before you would want suck a cock?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares?
No.  Much more subtle.  If it is constitutional, any refusal would be a legal issue and one's conscious in belief is now attacked.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say for some YES.  If you are asserting or implying that humans are NOT IN THE LEAST impacted by social influences/violence then you are an imbecile.  
My assertion is that your obvious hate for homosexuality makes you a bigoted ass.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Another gay thread in GD. CLEARLY the fault of the forum's homonazi elite.

OP, is there something you want to tell us?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not interested in meeting your burden of proof.  I have this feeling you will continue denying shit.  I would like to know if you have ANY understanding of human development THEN I will continue or else arguing shit with someone who knows nothing about something they are arguing becomes a waste of time.  Oh hell, I'll start.  I have 3 degrees and working on a PHD in Mental health/human behavior.  You?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try again.

What areas of mental health and human behavior have studied? What is your area of study for your PHD? Having degrees in a science as vast and varied as "mental health" or "human behavior" isn't much of an endorsement when we're discussing something actual scientists have been keenly following and investigating for 3 decades with no real conclusions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

36 states already allow for same sex marriage (that's the majority of them if math is hard), and society hasn't descended into chaos yet...

apparently, you still have yet to make the link of what a US constitutional/supreme court verdict would mean to religious organizations of religious beliefs.  

What has it meant thus far?

No church can be forced to marry two people. Try getting married in a Catholic church and you're not Catholic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Saturday Night Gay Bash Thread.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Many gays will say it is a choice.  The bigger problem is if it is NOT a choice, then we are NORMALIZING a sickness.  Those who enjoy and are turned on by children claim it is NOT a choice as well. We are fucked and those who say not are fucked by claiming they need research and void of common sense.  Do me a favor, don't be parents.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?

No one with half a brain is saying that.
Many gays will say it is a choice.  The bigger problem is if it is NOT a choice, then we are NORMALIZING a sickness.  Those who enjoy and are turned on by children claim it is NOT a choice as well. We are fucked and those who say not are fucked by claiming they need research and void of common sense.  Do me a favor, don't be parents.  

I'm a parent and I have a question for you.

What will you do if your child tells you that he/she is gay?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't believe how many "straight" guys here spend endless hours thinking about all the possible ways they may be "offended" by someone else being gay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone saying that being gay is a choice is admitting they would put a cock in their mouth no problem, but simply choose not to.

Me? I couldnt ever. Not attracted in any way. Im born straight.  Just the way I am. Cant help what Im attracted to.

Ergo; not a choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No.  Much more subtle.  If it is constitutional, any refusal would be a legal issue and one's conscious in belief is now attacked.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?

That's not how law works. You should stick to mental health.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Show me where I said I'm interested in exposing 5 year olds to sexuality.  I'm not, whether it's hetero or homo.  I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of any Disney shows involving sexuality at all.  But if there's suddenly some new show where Billy has two mommies, it's not going to make kids turn out gay.  If that were the case, wouldn't it stand to reason that exposure to heterosexuality would make them turn out straight?  I guess gay people didn't have TVs as kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As a young child, you can pretty much be talked into doing anything.

Tell me, why are you so interested in 5 year old's being exposed to sexuality? Gay or not?

It says a lot more about the gay-apologists than it doe's about those who oppose it.

Show me where I said I'm interested in exposing 5 year olds to sexuality.  I'm not, whether it's hetero or homo.  I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of any Disney shows involving sexuality at all.  But if there's suddenly some new show where Billy has two mommies, it's not going to make kids turn out gay.  If that were the case, wouldn't it stand to reason that exposure to heterosexuality would make them turn out straight?  I guess gay people didn't have TVs as kids.

It forces the issue.  Kids are used to seeing mommy and daddy - most don't ask questions about it consequently, and it's pretty easy to avoid, and if you can't avoid it, I can't think of any couple who would be mad if their kid was straight.  Because gay couples have sex, they don't make babies, the choice and/or aberration raises questions and forces the issue of sexuality.  Like it or not, not everyone is going to approve of the gay lifestyle, and those people should be allowed to defer its discussion until their kids reach an age of their choosing to discuss sexuality.

Basically, society is insistent on group-raising our youth.  CNN has a kids show they show in schools.  Sex ed is age structured for the most developed, least-parented kids.  Teachers make kids write papers on global warming and other bullshit.  The gay agenda is another thing where, if the gay agenda wasn't so radical, they'd be wise not to force the issue on normal families because then normal families wouldn't care.  But they do, which is why we have these butthurt threads.

I'm like most people - don't give a shit what people do, but no, you don't get to foist your peculiarities on everyone through media.  I don't care about gays one bit but for their insistence on "I'm here and I'm queer and you're going to like it."  No, go the fuck away.  That goes for vampires and all you piece of shit bronies and the rest of the fucking weirdos out there too.

Seriously, half of the people who have beef would not give a shit if you would just shut the fuck up and do your thing without broadcasting your issues through demanding to be acknowledged and loved by society at large.

But no.  And Disney being the anti-gun, animal rights, global warming, rich-vilifying bastion of progressive undertones that it is, will more than happily pick up the gay agenda and tell parents "Your kids are going to receive this transmission and like it."
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can't believe how many "straight" guys here spend endless hours thinking about all the possible ways they may be "offended" by someone else being gay.
View Quote

According to posters in several of these threads, the threads are entirely the fault of GD's "rabid gay liberal contingent". Therefore, OP must be gay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

What religion-based college are you in?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Who cares?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My assertion is that your obvious hate for homosexuality makes you a bigoted ass.  

So I disagree and its called hate?  I hate no gay person.  My brother is gay. I believe that the lifestyle they either choose or are born with is sinful.  What a far fetched belief uh?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Trannies are the new gay. We are now Gomorrah.
View Quote

Gomorrah happens when pedophilia becomes acceptable..........and they're working on that too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares?

You would think someone who had studied mental health would know the difference between "conscious" and "conscience".

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#33]
You mean they don't already?

Ya they dooooo

http://www.amplifyingglass.com/disneys-first-openly-gay-animation/

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I believe that the lifestyle they either choose or are born with is sinful.  
View Quote

Born with a sinful lifestyle?

LOL.

Should I go find my pitchfork to help fight the spawn of evil?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#36]
ITT:  Christians charged with the holy duty of being judgmental, intolerant assholes to others.  Orders straight from the big man himself apparently.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What areas of mental health and human behavior have studied? What is your area of study for your PHD? Having degrees in a science as vast and varied as "mental health" or "human behavior" isn't much of an endorsement when we're discussing something actual scientists have been keenly following and investigating for 3 decades with no real conclusions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try again.

EXACTLY, and now the highest court in the land is concluding on what is normal human behavior.  Whats next?  I am a clinical counselor and have worked with children and families for 20 years in practice.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You would think someone who had studied mental health would know the difference between "conscious" and "conscience".  
View Quote

Particularly a PHD student but ... whatever. I haven't seen much in the way of critical thought from him thus far.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me, why are you so interested in 5 year old's being exposed to sexuality? Gay or not?
It says a lot more about the gay-apologists than it doe's about those who oppose it.

Disney's target audience is pre-pubescent children. Yes?

You were making an argument that kids couldn't be "talked into sucking dicks if you saw gays on TV".
The OP was asking if more homosexuality would be shown to said pre-pubescent children as a result of a Supreme Court decision.

I would argue that they could be talked into it, since young children are impressionable, and you showed an indifference to that actually happening.
Which is disgusting and immoral.

Or are you not aware of what this thread is about?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Who cares?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Too late, the cock smokers already have a week at Disney........

http://www.lasplash.com/uploads//d1d4/4e715a1d1ccf9-gay-days-disneyland-resort-anaheim-1.jpg
View Quote

As a kid we would go to Disney every year, it just so happened it was always for gay pride week. Knowing my dad rooms were cheaper that week

Being a 6-7 year old kid and seeing that, I thought that was odd to see, but it didn't make me want to hold a guys hand or kiss him. Hell as kids the princess falls in love with a frog, beast etc that doesn't mean girls are going to want to marry their pets all of a sudden
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You were making an argument that kids couldn't be "talked into sucking dicks if you saw gays on TV".
The OP was asking if more homosexuality would be shown to said pre-pubescent children as a result of a Supreme Court decision.

I would argue that they could be talked into it, since young children are impressionable, and you showed an indifference to that actually happening.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's about the gays getting married leading to the downfall of society.

Or, more accurately:

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#43]

No church can be forced to marry two people. Try getting married in a Catholic church and you're not Catholic.

View Quote
This is completely different.  One can argue religious freedom and assembly and affiliation.  When it becomes the law of the land, churches will not be able to refuse or catch a serious law suit due to discrimination.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares?

So are you saying that it would not become discrimination? Like sex, race, age?  You are wrong.  This is what they are shooting for.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I always like to point out to people who use that logic that every gay person walking the earth was created by a heterosexual couple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always like to point out to people who use that logic that every gay person walking the earth was created by a heterosexual couple.

Technically no, IUI could occur where all parties are gay
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

ITT:  Christians charged with the holy duty of being judgmental, intolerant assholes to others.  Orders straight from the big man himself apparently.

View Quote

Well, if they can be talked into believing something as incredible as... Then they could surely be talked into su...

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
EXACTLY, and now the highest court in the land is concluding on what is normal human behavior.  Whats next?  I am a clinical counselor and have worked with children and families for 20 years in practice.  
View Quote

Have you found that praying the gay away is a successful counseling technique?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or, more accurately:

http://theholbornmag.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/anxious-nervous-woman-wringing-handkerchief-in-her-hands.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or, more accurately:

http://theholbornmag.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/anxious-nervous-woman-wringing-handkerchief-in-her-hands.jpg

The question at hand...

Quoted:

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top