User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.nytimes.com/2004/09/06/international/europe/06russia.html

"So many bullets were flying that you could not even put your nose past here," he said, but one father could not control himself and ran across the grass to try to reach the school. He made it about 100 feet, was struck and fell down.

Then, as they watched him writhing and exposed, one of the women among the terrorists appeared above him.

"She was shooting from the window, finishing him," Mr. Kanukov said. "We saw how the bullets hit his body."

You bet your ass I'd be shooting back.  I would not watch as some terrorist executed a defenseless person.  With my trusty deer rifle and scope, the bitch would take a nice fat 220gr 30-06 to the melon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully it will never come to that on our turf.

If it does, I'll be ready in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be smart in this situation to wear a black tactical vest (TAC-V1, Omega, etc) with the "SECURITY" patches on both the front and back.  Otherwise law enforcement will immediately think you are one of them.  The ID patches may give you some time before they pick you up and they will eventually ask for some real ID anyways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It would be smart in this situation to wear a black tactical vest (TAC-V1, Omega, etc) with the "SECURITY" patches on both the front and back.  Otherwise law enforcement will immediately think you are one of them.  The ID patches may give you some time before they pick you up and they will eventually ask for some real ID anyways.

How about an American flag patch?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't believe that anyone who has complained about being sued or arrested would even consider that if their flesh and blood were in danger.  

Yeah...I bet you would.  You'd all be right in there and you know it.

Given that circumstance, of course, no question. Wouldn't even think about it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How about an American flag patch?

And an American Pork Producers cap?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it came down to war on the streets, the cops have already lost control.  It's not quite everyman for himself but one thing, bring bacon, stuff it into the mouths of their dead (or pour pig grease from bacon over the body parts) and videotape it and distribute it so their friends, relatives and associates know they're not going to Paradise.   Yours in compassion, peace loving 4v50.

New item to add to the SHTF bag.... 1 pacage of bacon
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Once again the gap between ARFCOM members living in Slave and Free states is glarringly obvious.

The ones from the Slave states say nothing but "oh you'll get arrested/shot/sued"

The ones from the Free states are the ones saying they will show up and start hunting terrorists.

Once again the people from the slave states should shut up about how things will go down in free states, we carry guns on a daily basis and we know what our police response will be.  So stop trying to project your shitty situation onto us, ok?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Look at how many armed citzens showed up for the Hollywood Bank shootout ! I would agree that some trigger happy moron cop would shoot ya dead if you should up all ninja'd out ready to ( help )play !

That's because it went down in California.

Smae thing in Texas, those two morons would have been riddled with bullets from scoped bolt actions and ARs from every direction.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at how many armed citzens showed up for the Hollywood Bank shootout ! I would agree that some trigger happy moron cop would shoot ya dead if you should up all ninja'd out ready to ( help )play !

Smae thing in Texas, those two morons would have been riddled with bullets from scoped bolt actions and ARs from every direction.  

Exactly, remember a bell tower in Austin on a certain day in 1964...

People in states where you need goverment permission to just OWN a guns should work at cleaning their own house instead of trying to make the rest of the country act like them...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it came down to war on the streets, the cops have already lost control.  It's not quite everyman for himself but one thing, bring bacon, stuff it into the mouths of their dead (or pour pig grease from bacon over the body parts) and videotape it and distribute it so their friends, relatives and associates know they're not going to Paradise.   Yours in compassion, peace loving 4v50.

I keep a package of vaccuum sealed shotgun shells loaded with bacon bits.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#14]
As repeated many times it all depends on the circumstances and location.

This subject has come up at work. Our biggest problem would be determining the good guys from bad. Simply wearing a security vest ain't gonna cut it. We get intel bulletins all the time about these scumbags buying or stealing police and military style uniforms.

In an all out urban combat situation with Al-Qaeda I would be proud to fight side by side with any arfcomer. And if I'm taking fire you mofos had better help shoot the terrorists.  

There's a big difference between defending your community and being a non-discrimant vigilante.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised.

and it would be your fellow liberals calling for the defenders heads

I think for myself and my opinions are my own. I don't need  an ideology (right OR left) to tell me how to think as some here seem to need.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cooool. I was down at Sam's Club and they have shelf-stable bacon, exactly what you need for your BoB.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Here in Virginia you would be awarded a medal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Open the windows to the house. Sit back in a corner and cover my lanes. Sit back and enjoy the show. Waaaay too many prior service personnel that would let fly with the "Yeeeehaw" around here for terrs to make much headway with a significant attack.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Around here, everybody would think you were some kinda pansy, if you didn't head out with a rifle in your hands, at least for those my age. Most of the younger set would probably only come out if a stray bullet struck their wicked-bad hot rod Honda Civic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#24]
The muslim terrorists would be easy killing if you ask me.

If you ever notice, all of the training videos show them using their AKs chest high held sideways. They are not big fans of using buttstocks or sights.

One of their sound tactics in the sandbox is jumping in front of an armored vehicle and spraying wildly while waiting for a 30mm round to send 'em to allah.

They don't really expect to live to fight another day. They simply hope to take out an infidel before they die.

Fuck'em. Bring it on pig-fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#25]
In west virginia it would be put out that they taste like possum and no bag limit,there for no more terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#27]
TomJefferson: During the initial opening moments of the take-over at the school, I think the news media said 2 policeman were killed, and subsequently 2 SF guys got killed also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Another vote for "depends" and on a lot of factors. If the cops show up after the fact and circumstances were pretty blatant - bunch of dead guys wearing suicide vests holding AKs in a local mall, couple of live guys wearing t-shirts, sneakers and carrying plain-Jane handguns/shotguns and looking a bit shell-shocked - odds are good you get the "toss the gun, on your knees, hand behind your head" treatment.  Comply, get cuffed, sit it out and try to chill while they run your ID and ask questions. Don't be surprised if you end up repeating the process with federal acronym types, too. I think that'd be universal. Local politics then come into play - gun-friendly, pro-RKBA state would probably keep the guns until things get sorted out but let you go home or the the hospital. Not-so-friendly areas would probably take you into custody and treat you like any other banger until ARFCom came to the PR rescue.

The less blatant the situation, the more likely we are to get treated like bad guys. And coming into it while local LEOs are engaging them? Flip a coin. "Fog of war" and all that crap. If I saw an attack in progress, I'd get involved - period. I'm a citizen. It's my duty. I just wouldn't be surprised if I got shot or prosecuted for my efforts.

[Edited to correct spelling and add the disclaimer that I speak with all the authority of a guy with a realistic outlook but not one single fucking iota of first-hand experience....]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TomJefferson: During the initial opening moments of the take-over at the school, I think the news media said 2 policeman were killed, and subsequently 2 SF guys got killed also.

Sorry bud but I miss your point................my post may have been a tad flippant but still valid.  In any conflict there needs to be a clear who's in charge and here in the US it will be our LEOs.  It's not a good idea to have them second guessing who is who and who is on what side.  If they motion for your help, then open up otherwise best to let them have at it with no distractions.

Tj

Why do you continue to assume that the LEOs will have control over the situation?  Certainly was NOT the case in Belsen.  Lacking both firepower and man power to deal with terrorists like this, in this number, there would be no sort of control till the Army or National Guard arrived.  Except MAYBE in NYC, Chicago, or LA, only they have enough cops in a small enough area and the assistance of built up geography.  

Most other jurisdictions would NOT have those luxuries.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i would eat pork ribs between shots and single-load each round with my greasy fingers.

Id be right beside yah, yellin........

Git R done Bob! and passing the BBQ between mag changes
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry bud but I miss your point................my post may have been a tad flippant but still valid.  In any conflict there needs to be a clear who's in charge and here in the US it will be our LEOs.  It's not a good idea to have them second guessing who is who and who is on what side.  If they motion for your help, then open up otherwise best to let them have at it with no distractions.

Tj

Why do you continue to assume that the LEOs will have control over the situation?  Certainly was NOT the case in Belsen.  Lacking both firepower and man power to deal with terrorists like this, in this number, there would be no sort of control till the Army or National Guard arrived.  Except MAYBE in NYC, Chicago, or LA, only they have enough cops in a small enough area and the assistance of built up geography.  

Most other jurisdictions would NOT have those luxuries.

LOL, never assumed that but do know I don't want to be standing in front of patrolman bubba with a gun in my hand when he first shows up on a scene.  That's a formula for getting your ass shot or having to shoot bubba.

Tj

Is that the way cops behave in Tenn?  Here they are used to finding armed people when they get  to a shooting call, they havent shot anyone in the last few decades at least...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ah you forget you live in the most gun friendly state in the US.

It's worse the farther north you go.  There, in places, no one is suppose to have a gun.

Tj

No we are not the most gun friendly state.  Texas is better, Alaska and Vermont are FAR better.

And the gun friendly states now outnumber the gun-unfriendly by about 40 to 10.

So its actually those who live in the unfree states who have to curtail the global statments and qualify when they talk about what people SHOULDN"T be doing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Well,
If this happened in my hometown, the cops would probably come knocking on my door (among others) looking for something more powerful than their 9mm handguns and their 12 gauge shotguns.  (It is a good sized town of about 25,000 with only 16 officers on the entire PD.  They do have a SWAT team, 2 guys armed with an AK74 and a Thompson)  Even if they didn't , I would still go and see what I could do, primarily in forming a parameter to try and contain them.  (I'd leave the entry stuff to the pros)  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It would not behoove them to attempt such stupidity in Virginia since it is still a free Commonwealth; self defense is not prosecuted as a crime here under such circumstances.

Amen, brutha...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Y'alls is gonna git a load a buck in your ass from a scared to shit policeman.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Armdlbrl - Ah, so let me get this straight...people who live in "slave" states can't talk about this situation **as it pertains to us**? Who are you again? I don't remember this discussion being relegated to specific states.

And it's not that the WILL isn't there, but you have to realistically weight the pros and cons of your actions. If I lived in Texas or Alaska and this situation happened, I wouldn't hesitate to get into the shit...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Another Shit fer brains bad mouthing  CA without thinking first.  Try thinking that maybe it happened in the middle of a workday when us responsible citizens were at work?  And unless you happened to be home at the time, you weren't going to get close enough to join in the party.

And these sections from the CA Penal Code. clearly show that it would be justifiable homicide.

197.  Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in
any of the following cases:
  1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a
felony, or to do some great bodily injury upon any person;
or,
  2. When committed in defense of habitation, property, or person,
against one who manifestly intends or endeavors, by violence or
surprise, to commit a felony, or against one who manifestly intends
and endeavors, in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner, to enter
the habitation of another for the purpose of offering violence to any
person therein; or,
  3. When committed in the lawful defense of such person, or of a
wife or husband, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant of such
person, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to
commit a felony or to do some great bodily injury, and imminent
danger of such design being accomplished; but such person, or the
person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant
or engaged in mutual combat, must really and in good faith have
endeavored to decline any further struggle before the homicide was
committed; or,
  4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and
means,
to apprehend any person for any felony committed, or in
lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving
the peace.

198.  A bare fear of the commission of any of the offenses mentioned
in subdivisions 2 and 3 of Section 197, to prevent which homicide
may be lawfully committed, is not sufficient to justify it.  But the
circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fears of a reasonable
person, and the party killing must have acted under the influence of
such fears alone.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#41]
And you really think that after this anybody is really going to be doing autopsies on terrorists to find the bullets to match to guns?  and even if they do, what do you think the reaction is going to be if they find remnants of 55 grn FMJ?

Some of you guys are wearing  your tin foil a little too tight again.

Why if you hypothesize (think up) a totally extra-ordinary situation do you then think(?) that the authorities are going to treat it as a totally ordinary run of the mill situation?

Likewise in a real shtf  (earthquake, hurricane, flooding, riot) and a few looters turn up room temperature with extra body holes the authorities are goig to take the time to figure out what happened until long after the fact.  They are going to have a lot of more important things to do.  Now if there are powder burns or hands tied together, they might get excited about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Kick off the spanking of extremists in a hypothetical street war. But willingly let the Police and/or Ft Indiantown Gap people relieve the armed civi's. Maybe a limited falling back and play safety if any sneaky bastards live up to the reps they earned in the Hindu Kush and Beslan.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Just give me a Three Man Slingshot and a shitload of Jimmy Dean sausage and I'll give you all artillery cover.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Why if you hypothesize (think up) a totally extra-ordinary situation do you then think(?) that the authorities are going to treat it as a totally ordinary run of the mill situation?

Well, yeah. Especially in an extraordinary situation, trained people are going to fall back on that training. That's the whole point of what they do. Once there's time to think things out, I'm sure a lot more consideration would be given to circumstances. Still, regional standards of law are  going to be used.

The flip-side of that is, like you said, while a serious SHTF situation is still in progress. Then, I'm pretty sure stressed people are going to be exercising individual judgement. For some, that'll be taking help where they find it. For others, it'll be assuming "gun=bad guy". A lot of that is going to depend on regional and individual attitudes (which makes me damned glad I live in CO and not in L.A.).

Now, here's praying this will remain an exercise in mental masturbation....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, remember a bell tower in Austin on a certain day in 1964...

People in states where you need goverment permission to just OWN a guns should work at cleaning their own house instead of trying to make the rest of the country act like them...

In 1964 the majority of CA was still rural farm and ranch land and most people, including me - a 8 year old kid living in a city - had a gun. Even in TX, if the scenario given happened in Dallas or Austin things would be no different than in LA or SF. Those places are growing liberal holes and you know it. Whether they be home grown libs, CA imports, or across the border imports.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top