Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somalia
All the libs would be siding with the illegals, and all hell would break loose... Hell, they'd probably be daily assassination attempts too.
Nah. It would look a lot like 1984, but with more press conferences.

Closer to Germany under hitler.....

Yeah, because wanting to control your own border is sooooo Nazi like.

Just so you know, Maricopa County is 3 hours from the border.

And the problem with illegals there is not much less in spite of the distance.
Amen Brother, just we have other county Sheriffs  tending to the border issue, not many realize that.

And by the way I live in Maricopa county.

I wish Sheriff Joe would deal with the issues here, instead of running his mouth, then the county has to lawyer up for him.

We're broke enough as it is.

And he needs to do his job rather than primp for the feds.

That's what pisses me off.

Yeah but he sure puts on a good show for the cameras....

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Can Sheriff Joe kick the feds out of his county if they come to arrest him?

We may find out very soon.

I've got the feeling Maricopa county's citizens won't allow it. I thought at first that his department would tell the feds to get bent, and then I thought the whole county might say it too. I'm very curious how this will turn out. He's got a lot of hardcore fans of his policies, people see him as someone who's doing what needs to be done at a time when everyone else is so afrai of their own shadow to pull their thumbs out of their asses. Many see him as a hero, and will be really upset if anybody tries to stop him. The whole thing is starting to remind me of Apocalypse Now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yep, and Maricopa County jail is like "The Last Castle."

Except the way he runs that place is no secret, and yet people still commit crime knowing where they are going to go. I don't feel sorry for them, and I don't think there is some noble inmate like Robert Redford's character in there. Stupid should hurt, and in his county it does. Honestly n nobody would be in those tent cities if they were at least smart enough to go over to the next county to fuck up.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Somalia

All the libs would be siding with the illegals, and all hell would break loose... Hell, they'd probably be daily assassination attempts too.

Amen Brother, just we have other county Sheriffs  tending to the border issue, not many realize that.

I wish Sheriff Joe would deal with the issues here, instead of running his mouth, then the county has to lawyer up for him.

I can understand that, however, for those of us not in AZ, his camera hogging does tend to put the issue in the spotlight.  That is a good thing, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fucking Liberaltarian open-border nuts.

I think people's Constitutional rights should be more important than immigration policy.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can Sheriff Joe kick the feds out of his county if they come to arrest him?

We may find out very soon.

I've got the feeling Maricopa county's citizens won't allow it. I thought at first that his department would tell the feds to get bent, and then I thought the whole county might say it too. I'm very curious how this will turn out. He's got a lot of hardcore fans of his policies, people see him as someone who's doing what needs to be done at a time when everyone else is so afrai of their own shadow to pull their thumbs out of their asses. Many see him as a hero, and will be really upset if anybody tries to stop him. The whole thing is starting to remind me of Apocalypse Now.

Yep, and Maricopa County jail is like "The Last Castle."

Except the way he runs that place is no secret, and yet people still commit crime knowing where they are going to go. I don't feel sorry for them, and I don't think there is some noble inmate like Robert Redford's character in there. Stupid should hurt, and in his county it does. Honestly n nobody would be in those tent cities if they were at least smart enough to go over to the next county to fuck up.

I'm pretty good with the jail and tent city...

Other than the fact that many lawsuits have been filed over both places.

Ever hear the term where there's smoke...  fire.

Well, either way guilty or not, more tax dollars spent fucking around looking into shit, and we got other problems that need fixing.

Tact, stealth and OPSEC, someone teach Joe what that shit means.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somalia

I can understand that, however, for those of us not in AZ, his camera hogging does tend to put the issue in the spotlight.  That is a good thing, IMHO.

I agree...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe does some things that I like. I have no problem with tent city, or enforcing immigration laws.

I do have a problem with his stonewalling when there is obvious misconduct by his deputies, and his attitude that he is above the law.

Example: Deputies sneaking up behind a defense attorney while she has approached the bench and stealing one of her documents. That guy should have been smacked down hard.

Joe is a very mixed bag, which is not a concept that goes over well in GD where everything is black or white.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Joe does some things that I like. I have no problem with tent city, or enforcing immigration laws.

I do have a problem with his stonewalling when there is obvious misconduct by his deputies, and his attitude that he is above the law.

Example: Deputies sneaking up behind a defense attorney while she has approached the bench and stealing one of her documents. That guy should have been smacked down hard.

Joe is a very mixed bag, which is not a concept that goes over well in GD where everything is black or white.

Yep...

If he could find a  balance, he could do wonders, no doubt about it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be a place where civilians would not be allowed to have machine guns.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Somalia

probably, the dick sucking of joe comes from people who don't live in Maricopa county

But the votes that keep re-electing him to office do come from Maricopa county, correct?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Police departments and jails are always fighting lawsuits, always. When I think of Maricopa county, I honestly think that is a place I would like to live. I like seeing someone stand up to crime instead of being bullied by fucking slimeball lawyers. He's fighting the good fight, and I respect that. I'm willing to bet he's a real asshole in person too, but I can respect an asshole as long as he's getting the job done.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

If he could find a  balance, he could do wonders, no doubt about it.

Remember his push a few years back to mandate that his deputies take the fingerprints of everyone they pulled over? And for some reason, I keep thinking it was him that said (back the first couple times Napolitano vetoed constitutional carry) something to the effect of "If you want to carry a gun, get a permit". It was constitutional carry and some other bill clarifying that if you were OC in a car, just because the cop couldn't see your gun on your hip from inside the Dunkin' Donuts didn't mean you were concealing a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe got 55.5% of the vote last election, which is a pretty comfortable margin.

We could do a lot worse for a sheriff, but that is not the same thing as Joe being anything close to a good candidate for POTUS.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top