Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a big Bush supporter. Any mistakes made are still his responsibility no matter what. The buck stops there. Now despite many, many attempts by terrorists and the media, there were not any glaring f'ups.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's a couple to chew on

1. Most soldiers did not have proper body armor
2. During the initial invasion some units were running out of food and ammo
3.The Generals did not properley prepare for fighting a counter-insurgency
4. They sent our soldiers around iraq in unarmored humvees resulting in the bulk of the caualties we have suffered.
5.Many NG and reserve units did not have proper training to prepare for the war

just some to think about

And YOU know all this to be true because................................CNN told you?

As always stupid , personal attacks from you .

You think THAT was a personal attack?  Oh, brother.  

Maybe I disagree with you most of the time because you post stuff that leans to the left.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, for any administrative or policy mistakes in Iraq it is the President's fault. I like Bush and support the invasion of Iraq, but for any mistakes that have been made they are at his feet as the highest elected official.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No mistake, the troops simply out ran their supply chain on occasion. Pretty good problem to have.
I don't believe this one occurred. You prepare by adapting to the situation as it develops, which is what they did
4. They sent our soldiers around iraq in unarmored humvees resulting in the bulk of the caualties we have suffered.
It was mathematically impossible for all the humvees to be uparmored immediately. Given the production capacity in producing uparmored humvees, it was a certainty that most humvees in Iraq would initally not be uparmored.
Thats the fault of the unit commanders.

just some to think about

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just some to think about

And YOU know all this to be true because................................CNN told you?

Maybe I disagree with you most of the time because you post stuff that leans to the left.

To the left hahaha , I'm as conservative as you can get and you have never seen me post otherwise.

I cant believe we are afraid to ask questions of our government during war , all some of you can do is make personal attacks or make dispariging comments which is very easy to do from behind a keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a big supporter of President Bush and agree with his policy on Iraq. However as we all know some aspects of how this war has been carried out and resulting americans losses briing to question as to how this could have been done better etc...

So my question followed by a poll is :

Who is most responsible for the mistakes made in the war on Iraq  ?

First and foremost we can all agree that the soldier , marine and airman on the ground has performed magnificantly.

My opinion is that mistakes were made by Generals too afraid to speak their mind , properely prepare and equip our soldiers and effect proper stragey against the terrorists and insurgents.

Again our soldier are our heroes and thanks to them we are prevailing, I just dont have much faith in our Generals and bureucrats.

ETA
Of course there is no choice for "terrorist" because thats not the subject , which is who in our chain of command dropped the ball.

The terrorist are the reason we are there.

Are you still a child molester?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just some to think about

To the left hahaha , I'm as conservative as you can get and you have never seen me post otherwise.

I cant believe we are afraid to ask questions of our government during war , all some of you can do is make personal attacks or make dispariging comments which is very easy to do from behind a keyboard.

Its alright to ask the question, but asking you reveal that askers experience in military operations is very limited.  I would anticipate that even a boot Lt out of TBS would understand that war is unpredictable and sets back are often not mistakes, but the fact the enemy is doing what we are attempting to do, win.

Do you think they will just role over and let us have our way without resistance?

I assume by the 3rd ID symbol you did serve, but service in itself doesn't make one a military expert.  That is one reason we have a rank structure and commensurate responsibly with longevity of service.  We expect our field grades and SNCOs to understand war more than we expect our first term enlisted and Lts.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
President George W. Bush, like any good Commander in Chief, takes full responsibility for any mistakes made in Iraq.

However, just what those are remains a mystery.
The left claims that the entire thing is a mistake.
I, on the other hand, acknowlege that there were intelligence, strategic, tactical and logistics errors that were made.  Just like mistakes made in WWI and WWII.  Something to learn from, but nothing that diminishes the incredible feats that US servicemen and their allies have accomplished.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a big supporter of President Bush and agree with his policy on Iraq. However as we all know some aspects of how this war has been carried out and resulting americans losses briing to question as to how this could have been done better etc...

First and foremost we can all agree that the soldier , marine and airman on the ground has performed magnificantly.

My opinion is that mistakes were made by Generals too afraid to speak their mind , properely prepare and equip our soldiers and effect proper stragey against the terrorists and insurgents.

Again our soldier are our heroes and thanks to them we are prevailing, I just dont have much faith in our Generals and bureucrats.

ETA
Of course there is no choice for "terrorist" because thats not the subject , which is who in our chain of command dropped the ball.

No that was your father. Ok thats about enough bullshit. If anyone here feels they want to say something to me  . I live in the NYC area and work in the Bronx. You can then say it to my face , we'll see how tough you feel afterward

PMsent

Moderators you can close this thread
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No that was your father. Ok thats about enough bullshit. If anyone here feels they want to say something to me  . I live in the NYC area and work in the Bronx. You can then say it to my face , we'll see how tough you feel afterward

PMsent

Quick, summon Squatdog!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

PMsent

What? I can't frame a question with your ground rules?!

I'm taking my ball and I want to go home. I don't like this game anymore.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

PMsent

Yeah, but my Dad can beat up your Dad!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Your poll is woefully incomplete.

How about Al Qaeda?

How about the Saudi princes who fund the enemy?

How about the many and varied groups of terrorists working in Iraq?  (Rather than plying their trade here!)

How about Islamofacist terrorists around the world supporting the war?

How about the Shiite mullahs in Iran?

How about Hezbollah?

How about the Euroweenie pussies who conspired with Saddam to take oil for weapons and money?

How about the American Left?

How about the American media?

How about lying, duplicitous, conniving, American pols who would sell their own fucking country down the river and work their ASSES off to see that we are defeated in the War on terror just so they could regain power in Washington?

Why not do this?  Why not post a poll about what has gone and what is going RIGHT in Iraq...huh?

Know you NOTHING about the Middle East?  Apparently not.  Apparently, you pay far too much attention to the bleating from the Left in America and to the liberal media.  I can understant their position...they want to return to DC and have fun again, like they did under Bill.  You on the other hand like so many of my formerly rational, sensible fellow Americans seem to have lost their way and are now looking for scapegoats in the present administration rather than searching for the real villians.

Certainly there have been mistakes made by our military leaders, from your nugget butter-bar LT leading his men in busting down doors all the way to Bush...but at least they are trying to do the best they can within the constraints placed upon them by the politicians back home.  

IF for example, we permitted our troops to deal with POWs (I REFUSE to call them "detainees"!), like our fathers did with the other large group of suicidal enemy troops, the Japanese, I dare say we would have far fewer casualties on our side.

Our military leaders did not "drop the ball".  Clearly you have little grasp of warfare at the staff, command level, and little understanding of the military procurement process.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

WTF?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
author request
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top