Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't stand these anti hunting jerks. They are just as bad as "Sportsmen" who are anti EBR. I really need to start hunting.

Why are you so uptight about him taking a black bear. He said he was going to eat it, and if not who cares. There is plenty of good fur, teeth, and claws on that bear. That would make a nice trophy. I am sure he was legaly hunting, which means a managed population. Would you rather the black bear population get too high and they all die from disease or starvation?

ANIMALS WHEN PROPERLY MANAGED ARE A RENEWABLE RESOURCE, HE JUST HARVESTED A BEAR. HE DIDN'T POACH THE GREAT GOLDEN THREE LEGGED MONGOOSE OF ALABAMA. GET OVER IT GHOSTCAT. AND FIND ANOTHER BOARD TO USE AS YOUR LITTER BOX.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice bear.

Me, I keep the bayonet on mine for those close range encounters. But I don't trust it, so that's why my Yugo has a grenade launcher
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Mmmm...a black faced man with an assault rifle...that would get ya shot in Scottsdale
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Save the gallbladder and sell to a chinese pharmacy.  They will buy it.  There is a whole lot of poaching just for the peckers and gallbladders.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice bear, I'm jealous.

GhostCat

Since you posted that drivel I am going to go kill a dozen small animals for no other reason than to piss you off and hurt your feelings. In fact I am going to drive right past PeTA's HQ building on my way to my favorite fun shop where I will buy even more critter killin ammo.  In the mean time apply direct pressure over your heart until the bleeding stops.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Save the gallbladder and sell to a chinese pharmacy.  They will buy it.  There is a whole lot of poaching just for the peckers and gallbladders.

Damn good idea ARDOC. And he just kept an animal from illegally being taken, read as poached, by leagally hunting.

So you PETA ass holes can go save the great speckled leaping rat of war instead of black bears.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
nice!

h/w unless its FULL AUTO, no one should consider that gun an "assault weapon"--its just a rifle
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! my bud took 4 Wisconsin deer last season with his SKS.  Biggest was an 8 point!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey GhostCat ........ are you a member of PETA by any chance???

Thats a negative........Just an animal lover, thats all......

Don't get me wrong, I have killed my share of deer......and I ate them.....and the population of deer is out of control.......
Bear, on the other hand, are few and far between.....They need to be protected, not killed as a trophy.
Plus I used to work at a ZOO where I cared for Bears, Big CATS, Reptiles, etc...etc...
I guess I'm kinda partial to'em....

In conclusion......After I've said all of that........You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....

Hey dipshit we are overrun with bears out here and yes we do eat them.
GhostCat

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I have killed my share of deer......and I ate them.....and the population of deer is out of control.......
Bear, on the other hand, are few and far between.....They need to be protected, not killed as a trophy.
Plus I used to work at a ZOO where I cared for Bears, Big CATS, Reptiles, TROLLSetc...etc...

In conclusion......After I've said all of that........You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....

GhostCat

fixed it for ya!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Good job brother....just remember, sometimes you get the bear.....sometimes he gets you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I too just dont see the point in killing animals either.   I once was a hunter, until I realized that 'hunting' was much too one-sided.   That bear didnt stand a chance.   It was only out looking for some food and you blundered into it and shot it in the head.   Yea, a real man...   I'd be real impressed if you took it with a knife, not an assault rifle.  
At least the bear might have stood some chance.  

That was not a hunt, that was a slaughter and it shouldnt make anyone feel better to kill an  innocent animal with an assault rifle for the sole purpose (I assume) to  drive around with it in your pick-up..  
Feel better now?

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Ghostcat I'm going hunting this weekend will you wish me luck
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When the Game Warden asks where the gut pile is so he can inspect it to make sure the gallbladder is present, what do you suggest he say?  It is a felony to sell a bear's gallbladder.  Possession of a bear's gallbladder is illegal in all states that have bears.  If you cross state lines then there is the silly Lacey Act to contend with here--->www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusfd16usca3371.htm    

Edited for shitty grammar.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I too just dont see the point in killing animals either.   I once was a hunter, until I realized that 'hunting' was much too one-sided.   That bear didnt stand a chance.   It was only out looking for some food and you blundered into it and shot it in the head.   Yea, a real man...   I'd be real impressed if you took it with a knife, not an assault rifle.  
At least the bear might have stood some chance.  

That was not a hunt, that was a slaughter and it shouldnt make anyone feel better to kill an  innocent animal with an assault rifle for the sole purpose (I assume) to  drive around with it in your pick-up..  
Feel better now?

You simply pay someone else to do your killing, be it beef or veggies. You ever see a slaughter house? Now THAT is one sided.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]
make it a rug!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, before this thread gets locked:

Out of curiosity, what type of 7.62x39 round did you use?  Standard 122g FMJ or some of that 152g(?) soft point?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Plus I used to work at a ZOO where I cared for Bears, Big CATS, Reptiles, etc...etc...

GhostCat

That's a no shitter...How about some professional courtesy and not hunt the other hunters...at least if you do you can bring your chicom rifle out here and hunt one that will definately hunt you back...and walks on two feet...and drives a suburban...and carries a real rifle...an AR.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hear bear fat is great for frying in.    Getting about fallish, so she should be good and fat by now, no?  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm meat!  Bear burger, pooh steaks, smokey jerky...sounds good and I've never even had it!  Bon apetite!  Hack off a hunk and enjoy it for me.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Personally, I'd enjoy that bear walking around, enjoying the woods a LOT more than posed, dead....but each to their own.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

GhostCat

Maybe you should actually inform yourself before opening your cockholster.  Bears are not an endangered species in NH.  Several years ago Fish & Game reduced the time you could bait bears from 2 months to 2 weeks before the start of the season because of pressure from misinformed tree-hugging slack-jawed prison cocksuckers like you.  As a result, there are fewer bear hunters and an overpopulation of bears.  There are many bears that have become immune to the presence of people and are a threat to livestock, pets and people.  They have no natural enemies except man.  Go spew your misinformed bullshit somewhere else.  Fuck you and your mother.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Where did all the fucking trolls come from?

Holy shit.  It's a fucking animal.  Kill them all for all I care.

Hell, let me get a full auto m-14 and I'll mow some down with ya.

FOAD trolls.

Nice bear!

TXL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the Game Warden asks where the gut pile is so he can inspect it to make sure the gallbladder is present, what should do you suggest he say?  It is a felony to sell a bear's gallbladder.  Possession of a bear's gallbladder is illegal in all states that have bears.  If you cross state lines then there is the silly Lacey Act to contend with here--->www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusfd16usca3371.htm    

I bet that law was drafet with the full support of dumbasses like GhostCat. You pass a law making it illegal to take full advantage of the game you take, yet complain because so much of it is wasted.

By not allowing someone to sell the Gallbladder, pecker, or what ever you are not removing the demand. You are just making it so that the demand must be met by poaching.

I HATE TREE HUGGING LIBERAL HIPPY SHITS THAT ARE ANTI HUNTING, AND I DON'D EVEN HUNT.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#24]
The trolls just couldn't resist jumping all over this thread.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya sure the first shot wasn't at point blank as well????
Was this one of those hunts where the bear was inside a cage and you walked up and shot it point blank????........Hey, are you going to eat that bear?.......
Did you feel as though your life was in danger and you had to kill the bear for self defense?.....
Do you feel like a man now that you have slaughtered an innocent bear?.......

Just Curious.....

GhostCat

AKASL

I think old ghostkitty answered that one for ya.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#26]
you smoked Yogi?

not my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#27]
http://biology.usgs.gov/s+t/noframe/c286.htm

Look it up before you shoot your trap off.  

With the exception of some of the Southern states, black bear populations are doing well.  

You are showing yourself to be someone who doesn't care about the truth.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice bear AKASL

One word man...Sausage

Buddy of mine took a Black bear a couple of miles up the road from my folks farm a few years ago and it made some of the best sausage I ever had.  It's a "Bit" greasier than pork but it's some tasty stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Bear meat is good :)

I always wanted to bring a sl8 or AR hunting.  Hows a .223 in taking down a deer?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

GhostCat

ghostkitty= DU  and a tripple posting one at that.  Your are obviously out of you element here, feel free to return to DU and tell em how you set us straight.

Edited to add:  You might want to watch your language,  legaly you have just insited someone to committe suicide, its doccumented on a public fourm. That is a form of terroristic threatening.  And there are a lot of wittneses.  Run along little boy.  Be carefull not to poke yourself in the titty with your Kerry/Edwards button.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Because PETA is so cute and funny to read(as far as the "save the innocents" goes), I am going to give a slight wakeup call to ANYONE who thinks any animal, especially carnivores or themselves even, are innocent.

There is not a single damn carnivorous animal on the planet that falls under the "innocent" definition. If you mean innocent by a jury as in it didnt rob the damn Kwikee Mart and it didn't throw grandma off the train, I suppose you could say it is innocent... but that isnt the case. THEY EAT OTHER ANIMALS ALIVE. That is how they survive. Eat and live on. All of us do it unless you are a jackass vegetarian to "save the animals", but even then, millions of animals are slaughtered harvesting the vegetables and grain, too. Any way you cut it, animals are fucked.

They all die some time and so do we. There isnt any stopping it. The only question is how quick and painless that death is and to be frank, I think a shot to the head is quite a quick and easy death. Better than starving until you eventually fall to your doom in the snow.

Step off animal sympathists. They arent innocent and neither are you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I kinda have mixed feelings about bear hunting.  Beautiful creatures I think.  However, if they are pests, and put humans in danger, take care of business.  I'd like to try and take one with a bow.  Bear claw necklace from bear you killed=powerful medicine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

GhostCat

GhostCat ........Are you suggesting I commit suicide? Also if you are such "an animal lover" as you say you are why are you killing deer and eating them. I believe you are nothing more than a for DU. I also believe that if I were to put any profanity in this post I would only be stooping to your extremely low level and insecurity. I wish you well ....... now go back to DU and learn to play nice

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't see the point to hunting just to hunt. My uncle owns a taxidermy business and has lots of heads and racks and stuff and I always think, "wow, what a shame" and how it would have been so much better to see all those animals alive, and in their natural habitat.

If you go hunting once in a while and eat the meat, hey, fine. If you hunt to bag as much as you can, and put heads on your wall, then I think you're a douche bag.

I understand that if nobody hunted, the animal populations would go sky-high, which would end up being bad for the environment.

And no, I am not a city boy (well, I didn't grow up as one, anyway). I've probably spent way more time in the wilderness than most outdoorsmen twice my age. That's why I appreciate seeing a huge grizzly bear just walking across a meadow, not standing in some fake pose.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I've been bear hunting with a bow, I never got close enough to one for a good shot(80 yards). I do deer hunt with a bow though, and I think that after hunting with rather powerful rifles(.270/32 special/.308) That I just felt that deer were really easy to take, so I started getting into blackpowder(percussion, not inline) and bow hunting. I still enjoy hunting with a rifle, but I love the challenge of something a little more old school at the same time. However, the person I was hunting with when I went beer hunting with a bow was telling me stories, and boy, was I actually kinda scared trying to stalk up on a beer! Well it didn't work, and it just kinda walked away, and we figured we would be better off not running after it... But the thought crossed my mind that this thing was 2x my size, could run faster, had teeth and claws that were meant for ripping apart flesh, and was like a kitten until it got mad, or defensive. I did get a picture of it though, but boy I bet it would have tasted good...

Nice shooting AKASL, that's a good bear, I'd make a rug and use it as a conversation piece!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn, trolls in force on this one.

I don't particularly care for those who hunt for trophies only, either.  However, I am all for using everything that is possible.  I will only hunt what I plan to eat.  That bear would make a nice rug!  Eat the meat, use the hide, etc. etc.  Good hunt!

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I've got a black bear shot at 5 feet with a Lee Enfield .303. It IS a nice rug.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I like Bear... Mine from last year.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't see the point to hunting just to hunt. My uncle owns a taxidermy business and has lots of heads and racks and stuff and I always think, "wow, what a shame" and how it would have been so much better to see all those animals alive, and in their natural habitat.

Only thing is, that unless you get up at O'Dark Thirty and head for the thickest brush in your county, you will never see those animals except when you're trying to dodge them on the highway at night!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Very nice bear!  
I'm hunting bear for the first time this year and I'm using a handgun (. 454 Casull). Bear meat is some of the tastiest meat out there. Wish me luck!
Oh yeah, leave the gall bladder in the woods, it is illegal to sell or even possess it. Bullshit law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only thing is, that unless you get up at O'Dark Thirty and head for the thickest brush in your county, you will never see those animals except when you're trying to dodge them on the highway at night!

Moose and bear walked on my front porch in the middle of the day. It was nice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....

GhostCat

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Why is it that if someone prefers to see an animal alive, and living free, without blowing holes in them, it immediately qualifies them as a "PETA-loving, D.U. troll" or some other bullshit? Is it THAT difficult to imagine that some people value wildlife for their freedom and beauty while they're ALIVE? I am passionate about the outdoors and wilderness, and wildlife is a large part of that experience. It's my view of wildlife that's the difference. Sure, I eat meat, and don't advocate hunting bans. I understand the tradition of it. I understand some folks enjoy it....and some wildlife populations need to be controled due to the total elimination of natural predators.(the balance existed just fine before, so it's simply compensating for fucking up the natural balance that previously existed). So great, hunt...it needs to be done in a certain respect. But if you don't get a round of applause from EVERYONE after you blow a bear away, don't be so fuckin' stunned.

Though I respect your right to do so, it's not in the least bit impressive to me. The technological/intellectual disadvantage the animal has immediately disqualifies this activity as a sport IMO. If you feel differently, again, great. Call it a sport if you like. To me, it absolutely is not. Bow hunting is a different story to a large degree, though I still have no personal interest in that either.

I actually feel that the deer/elk/whatever, harvested for food, lived a VASTLY better life than the cow that made up your last burger or steak. I just don't get any enjoyment from personally killing wildlife....but absolutely would if I had to. Hell, I'd kill and eat anything to survive. Survival, however, is NOT the motivation for 99.9% of hunters....thus not my thing, and not at ALL impressive in ANY way.

I've known every type of hunter under the sun, from subsistance hunters in AK to trophy hunters elsewhere...and the later, IMO, are completely worthless, selfish, disrespectful pieces of shit....but again, that's just my opinion. Do as you like, hunt if that's your thing....living free is part of the deal....I just extend that attitude to wildlife as well. Other than that, my attitude and opinions are probably very close in all other areas to many who do hunt, so....

qwell your hysteria fellas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#47]
If you find the meat's flavor too strong, the butcher can add some beef or pork to the sausage and a little fat too if the bear is lean.  This will balance out the flavors and make it closer to what you are used to.

It's just a suggestion, you may already know  this.  

NICE TROPHY!

G23c
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#48]
AKASL......nicely done. Enjoy the roasts, they are delicious.

Here are some of my A.W. pictures.......

And the bear I got in 2000 using a Remington 1903-A3

For the naysayers, the bear and deer were both eaten (very tasty by the way). I admit that the fox was a trophy. Since the goddamn bunny huggers ruined the fur market, not many folks trap up this way anymore. This has caused the numbers of preditors to skyrocket which has in turn really hurt the small game and bird populations. I figure I am just helping to do my part in proper game management.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#50]
That's it!  I'm buying an SKS.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top