User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
"good job balzac!"

What he said...

Oh, and congrats on the promotion, too...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You should become King of NY.

+1

Good job! I knew there was a reason I prayed when you were writing your bar exam.

This is how it happens gentlemen, from within.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
BALZAC!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
nice move Greg!(I mean the court case NOT your road obstacle avoidance skillz)

Ya just had to point that out, didn't you!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:Ya just had to point that out, didn't you!

Well, I know a few schools in the area that can help you develop some car control skills.  Just driving fast is not a demonstration of how well you can drive...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Balzac72 for you service...

With regards to pistols in NYS....

I asked whether I could bring a pistol into NYS on the NY/NJ board a few weeks ago; here's the link: Can I bring a Pistol into NYS?.

Basically unless you are passing through and NOT STOPPING IN NYS/NYC then you are OK.  If you are going to stop in NYS you must have proof that you are participating in some type of NRA sanctioned event.  Once the event is over you've got only a certain amount of time to exit NYS with your pistol(s) before you are breaking the law.  

Why?  Pistols are registered and permitted weapons in NYS.  Without said permit you are illegal.  However bringing your post-ban AR15 into the state is perfectly legal.

NY Gun Laws from NRA Website
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, my tax dollars are actually going somewhere.................. good?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#9]
If you go back to the thread that described your new job you will see that ONCE again I was right.
I knew YOU would make a difference  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, I know a few schools in the area that can help you develop some car control skills.  Just driving fast is not a demonstration of how well you can drive...

Did you fuck up the nice Q35?  That's sucks, what happened...

Oh, by the way, we Ohioans thank you.  Nice to know that someone in Gotham is looking out for us.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Good deal Balzac.  The guy should consider himself extremely lucky to get offered an ACD.  

The safe passage provisions of FOPA will not protect you from arrest and confiscation of your handguns while traveling through NY.  

New York State has required the issuance of pistol license for the mere possession of a handgun for almost a hundred years.  It is so ingrained in NY that the average New Yorker can't believe that most State's do not require a permit to possess a handgun.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, by the way, we Ohioans thank you.  Nice to know that someone in Gotham is looking out for us.

Anyone that looks at it will think its ok.  But the grill is broken and the front spoiler lip is broken off underneath, but still held on by plenty of bolts and nuts.  The bumper also took a whack, but unless you're a midget or anal about your car like me, you'd never know.  I managed to polish out the pain problems and the only ones remaining look like i hit a parking spot curb with the lip.

Oh yeah, its a G35, not Q, so the front end is even lower to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone that looks at it will think its ok.  But the grill is broken and the front spoiler lip is broken off underneath, but still held on by plenty of bolts and nuts.  The bumper also took a whack, but unless you're a midget or anal about your car like me, you'd never know.  I managed to polish out the pain problems and the only ones remaining look like i hit a parking spot curb with the lip.

Oh yeah, its a G35, not Q, so the front end is even lower to the ground.

Ah, yes, the G35...Don't know why I was thinking "Q"

Did you actually hit a parking spot curb?  I don't even want to think about what my car looks like under there...I've scraped it so many times it's gone from agrivating to funny.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope, a crate fell off a pickup truck in front of me on the parkway.  I couldn't avoid it and hit it dead on.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Balzac:
Why not educate them that you dont need a license to own a firearm in Ohio? (at least last I heard you dont)

Kharn

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.  I did tell them that.  They also mentioned that they want to use me as a reference for gun crimes and ballistics in the future.  I hope the word spreads!!!!!

Great job, man!  It's good to know there are folks like you (+wave, mmsig, etc) in the system!  As an Ohio boy, I can attest that needing a permit to own a gun sounds crazy.  On my first visit to Brookhaven Natl Lab, I (may or may not have) driven through NYC onto LI with a handgun in the car.  Of course, I never did it again....really....I mean it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#16]
From another thread on the subject:

Quoted:
www.nysrpa.org/airportwarning.htm

From NRA:

The District Attorney in Albany County and Queens 18 months ago issued an order to arrest anyone coming through the airports with a handgun in their luggage, regardless if the handgun was being transported properly by FAA regulations. The criteria is if you do not have a NY license, you are charged. So what's happening is 2 different scenarios:

1. People are flying into New York from other states, most but not all of whom have carry permits from their home states, and are carrying a pistol. When they go to fly home, they declare the gun, which has always been unloaded and locked up properly in their checked luggage, but if they cannot produce a NY license, they are promptly charged with illegal weapon possession, and their gun confiscated forever. (The Albany airport sheriff has been doing it as a lower class misdemeanor, the LaGuardia cases were charged as a felony.) As their home state permit is not reciprocal, and they were in NY state for an amount of time carrying a handgun, this group is screwed.

2. People are DRIVING to the airport from another state where the NY airport is their closest one to fly out of, and are getting popped right off the bat an hour or two from their home. In these cases, we are going to war for them being covered by FOPA, even the Sheriff's office and TSA in Albany have argued over that with the DA, but he won't budge. He did, however, blink on the two cases from Albany, with the people getting a walk. Didn't get their guns back, though, either time.

Bottom line, UNLESS you are in possession of a VALID New York pistol license, DO NOT bring a handgun in your luggage to the airport, you will be charged.

This is not being done in any other state in the country except at Logan international in Boston, (same thing there) but even at O'Hare in Illinois, if you come in from another state and meet FAA guidelines, they feel you are covered by FOPA and off you go a happy camper.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
That 's my boy!!     Nice going.

Let's get him, at least, an ARFCOM Hero Paper weight, or some nice paper clips.    
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
as a fellow "buckeye" or "ohioan" whatever..... I appreciate your assistance and information!  

on a side note... I WOULDN'T VISIT NEW YORK FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it makes California look liberal
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
From another thread on the subject:

Quoted:
www.nysrpa.org/airportwarning.htm

From NRA:

The District Attorney in Albany County and Queens 18 months ago issued an order to arrest anyone coming through the airports with a handgun in their luggage, regardless if the handgun was being transported properly by FAA regulations. The criteria is if you do not have a NY license, you are charged. So what's happening is 2 different scenarios:

1. People are flying into New York from other states, most but not all of whom have carry permits from their home states, and are carrying a pistol. When they go to fly home, they declare the gun, which has always been unloaded and locked up properly in their checked luggage, but if they cannot produce a NY license, they are promptly charged with illegal weapon possession, and their gun confiscated forever. (The Albany airport sheriff has been doing it as a lower class misdemeanor, the LaGuardia cases were charged as a felony.) As their home state permit is not reciprocal, and they were in NY state for an amount of time carrying a handgun, this group is screwed.

2. People are DRIVING to the airport from another state where the NY airport is their closest one to fly out of, and are getting popped right off the bat an hour or two from their home. In these cases, we are going to war for them being covered by FOPA, even the Sheriff's office and TSA in Albany have argued over that with the DA, but he won't budge. He did, however, blink on the two cases from Albany, with the people getting a walk. Didn't get their guns back, though, either time.

Bottom line, UNLESS you are in possession of a VALID New York pistol license, DO NOT bring a handgun in your luggage to the airport, you will be charged.

This is not being done in any other state in the country except at Logan international in Boston, (same thing there) but even at O'Hare in Illinois, if you come in from another state and meet FAA guidelines, they feel you are covered by FOPA and off you go a happy camper.

Interesting.  I'm going to have to go through my material and see if there are any letters indicating an office policy on this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top