[#1]
Stay safe gents.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Be safe. Those things scare me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I just moved to Fayetteville, TN, this weekend. We're sitting in the dark right now, with the creek next to the house (normally 3-4" deep) about 3' deep and running over the road. Luckily, we're all ok. Quite the welcoming to town. lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

6 dead in athens now
View Quote

I'm in CA for work but my girl says it was really bad in Athens/Limestone. She spent most of the day in a local churches storm shelter and just got home. Luckily my house has dodged damage again but not everyone was so lucky.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just moved to Fayetteville, TN, this weekend. We're sitting in the dark right now, with the creek next to the house (normally 3-4" deep) about 3' deep and running over the road. Luckily, we're all ok. Quite the welcoming to town. lol
View Quote

Now
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Coming your way

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been through a few storms....Only one tornado.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Coming your way

http://i.imgur.com/xdLFavG.jpg
View Quote

I'm in Park City, which is between Fayetteville, TN, and Hazel Green, AL. Hopefully, that storm will pass by without doing any damage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I've been paranoid after the one that hit Clarksville in 1999..
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I watched that storm from OP 4 in the Back 40.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Night time tornadoes ARE some scary shit. Stay safe everyone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I've only seen one tornado before, and it was when I was about 12 or so. We were out of town for a soccer tournament, and a horrible storm hit our hotel in the middle of the day. We don't have sirens where I live, but the hotel and other buildings near where we were staying had them, and it was pretty scary to hear them all going off. We hunkered down under a concrete stairwell on the basement level and waited it out. I remember the sound of the wind was VERY loud--much more so than any thunderstorm I'd ever been in.

The good thing about living in the valley of the mountains (a little south of Knoxville) is that the landscape is very hilly/mountainous, so the few tornadoes that touchdown here don't last very long at all. That said, we do have some warnings and watches issued all over the surrounding counties, so it may be an eventful night.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll take snow

I live in CA with the earthquakes, and in the south with tornadoes.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Responded to an EF-2 tornado that hit Quapaw, OK on Sunday and first time to see the aftermath, all I can say is .

Here are a few photos, crappy cell pics at night.

This last photo, there was blood in the seat, driver was ok but injured.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I've lived through more tornadoes than I can recall, including one that knocked over a 60' tree in m backyard, narrowly missing the neighbor's house and truck by mere inches. I don't worry too much. I figure if I'm going to go, I'm going to go. That said, I'd much rather do without them, thank you very much.

My phone is about to die. I'll check back after power's restored and I've been able to charge it. Y'all be safe and sleep well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys (Jackson)brandon, ms checking in here, had a very close call with a tornado. There were two rounds of storms that came through and the only way I can put it is that there were tornadoes everywhere so many the local meteorologist said he couldn't keep up and everyone in central and north mississippi take cover.

I was watching the news when all of a sudden he said brandon had 5 minutes before a large tornado hit so I grabbed my wallet, glock, ak47 and flashlight and made mad dash to the storm shelter then about the time I got the door sealed all hell broke loose. Luckily the tornado lifted before it hit my house but I have roof damage (shingles) and some trees down. Mississippi got hit real hard with tornadoes from local reports.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Just spent the last 30 minutes in a 5x7 storm shelter with 4 people and a dog.  Looks like it is going to be a fun night
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope everyone stays safe tonight.

Lots of storm activity down South. Stay alert and be safe out there.

Tornados are the only weather event that bothers me. I'm fascinated by thunder and lightning. I'll stand on my porch during a storm just to watch the lightning. However, if there's a chance for tornados, fuck that shit I'm going back to the basement.

A few years ago when I was 16 or so, some friends and I were out on Lake Huron in inner tubes. We were about a 1/4 mile off shore when a storm suddenly rolled in. The sky went from sunny to dark gray in about 15 minutes and then the driving rain started. Before we got back to shore, 2 water spouts formed a few hundred yards north. I've never swam for shore faster in my life!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Stay safe guys  

Kinda bad to be hearing towns and realize you've been through them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#20]
This round was mild. From 04/11:

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#21]
My sister is in the medical field and said that the Louisville hospital is trashed. UMMC is handling their stuff and is sending a mobile emergency room if I understood her correctly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My sister is in the medical field and said that the Louisville hospital is trashed. UMMC is handling their stuff and is sending a mobile emergency room if I understood her correctly.
View Quote

Yup Neshoba General is getting patients also from up there.  Not good they said Metro Ambulance service sending mass casualty units and I've got pics from friends and colleagues up there and it's real bad......Just 30 miles north of me
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left the downtown area about 20 minutes before it hit.  I was living near Crossland ave and Riverside dr at the time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just spent the last 30 minutes in a 5x7 storm shelter with 4 people and a dog.  Looks like it is going to be a fun night
View Quote

I hope it has a fart fan!

Be careful, you can sleep tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah they freak me out too..especially at night when I'm sleeping and not paying 100% attention. Really don't wanna come from a dead sleep to windows being broken and the roof being torn off
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I was in a building that got hit in 1980
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Makes me glad I no longer live in Marshall or DeKalb, AL.  That place was a tornado magnet. Looks like they will probably get a touch tonight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#28]
We came through ok. I woke up a little after 1 and the power had already been restored. The creek is back down, though it left some debris in the road in front of the house. There's no damage and nobody in the house is hurt, which is the most important thing.

By the way, during a tornado and subsequent power outage, an Inforce APL, attached to a Glock 19, really lights up a dark house and pretty much the entire acre upon which the house sits.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top