User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No. I don't usually keep gin around. What kind of gin?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever tried soaking the raisins in gin?

No. I don't usually keep gin around. What kind of gin?

The best gin, Bombay Sapphire..

I don't think it really makes a difference though.

One of the most time-tested home remedies for arthritis pain is golden raisins soaked overnight in gin. No, not drinking the gin, just eating the soaked raisins. No buzz, just something about the combination seems to relieve arthritic pain.

I, of course, would certainly drink the gin... lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You are indeed blessed to have such a wonderful mom, and you've written a lovely tribute to her. It's an additional blessing that you know how valued your mom is (and therefore she knows it too! :) ).

I have had great parents. My dad is no longer with us, but he was the best. My mom is still here, still as crazy as always, and tons of fun. I know how blessed I am to have her. :)
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I wrestle with my mother whenever I see her, she's a tough lady!
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my mother a lot too. She moved to PA to live with her new husband right after I graduated hs 8yrs ago. He's a regional sales manager for a well known bacon and other pork company that I know everyone here as heard of. I call her at least twice a week and I fly out there once a year to spend a holiday with her, I like to alternate thanksgiving and xmas and she flys out here once a year but I don't think that's going to happen anymore since her mother passed away in june. I really just enjoy spending time with her and her husband and miss her every day. I'm kinda not looking forward to going to see her for thanksgiving just because my dog passed in july and well I'm just gonna miss not seeing the little guy there..a lot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a card carrying Momma's boy and I'm proud of it.  If I have my way, my son will be the same.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My mom passed 10 years ago in February....   I was dealing with that ok until my little one was born 2 years ago.   I would give just about anything to see the two of them together.  I especially wish I could have seen the look I know mom would have had when I brought Ms. Priss out of the delivery room.  

XCR - enjoy your time with her!
View Quote
I know exactly how you feel Been 41 years since my mom passed still miss her everyday. I felt the same way willing to give almost anything for her to see my children. Now I have grandchildren of my own and the process starts all over again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
She's your favorite girl?

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:43:08 AM EDT
[#8]
you are very lucky........
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Ummmm....yeah. That's awesome.

My mother put me in a children's home when I was four. Not so awesome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't been able to see my Mom in 6 years.  We talk on the phone weekly, but it isn't the same.

Maybe this October I will be able to go down and see her.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Great thread XCR. I also have a awesome Mom. As a matter of fact, my Mom's whole side of the family is a awesome bunch.

My Father, well he's a POS.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I haven't been able to see my Mom in 6 years.  We talk on the phone weekly, but it isn't the same.

Maybe this October I will be able to go down and see her.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

6 years? Make time, go see your Mom. Life is short.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#14]
My Mom is 84, she had a choice to adopt me and she did. Mom did not carry me in her womb, but she has always carried me in her heart.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I miss my mom every day.

I miss her more since I have a son now.

She passed when I was in high school from cancer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I love my mom too she's turning 74 this year.

Life blasts by at warp speed.  Like you I'm lucky that I have great parents.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ummmm....yeah. That's awesome.

My mother put me in a children's home when I was four. Not so awesome.
View Quote

Sounds like my SO's mother. He got two shitty parents
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#18]
How about you draw a picture of mom at the piano?

Or eating your carrot cake?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#19]

You are a smart little cookie for realizing all this at such a young age XCR.

I didn't get it until many years past that.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd feel smothered if my mother talked to me that much at that age (I'm in my 30s now)...but if that's the ideal fit for you, then good.  

My mother is hard-working and did a good job raising me (I think so, at least).  She has her flaws but I love and appreciate her.

It's sad indeed to see so many people here who can't say similar things about their mother.  I think everyone deserves a loving, caring mother.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I try to. Mom's love language is service. She likes doing things for us. So usually 'i love you' outright is a little awkward for us.

For her birthday, I'm baking her an epic carrot cake (her favorite), cooking her dinner, and i have a really pretty photo of the two of us framed to give her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope you tell her how you feel as often as possible. My mom and I used to have marathon chat sessions when I visited from college. I miss those the most.

I try to. Mom's love language is service. She likes doing things for us. So usually 'i love you' outright is a little awkward for us.

For her birthday, I'm baking her an epic carrot cake (her favorite), cooking her dinner, and i have a really pretty photo of the two of us framed to give her.

XCR awkward or not you should tell her. Bet neither of you would regret it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#23]
XCR - YOU KNOW THE RULES - WHERE ARE THE PICS.

I came here to post that but in the middle of my self-inflated comedic relief I got a heavy heart thinking about my mom that died last year.  She was an awesome mom and I was just a mediocre son.  Even when I was less than stellar she was still an awesome mother, and fantastic human being.

Sorry, I'm not funny  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Your lucky Op.....mine beat me with a coat hanger, and was a raving crazy drunk and pill abuser. I was out of the house by 16. Which was probably the best thing for me. She's still alive I speak with here every couple years. Horrible person....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top