Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You COULDN'T care less.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I did a deal with a guy yesterday that told me he has $1,500 worth of SIG braces. He was not amused by the new ATF letter.
View Quote

Oh shit.

Meh, mine's staying put.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't the time an accessory is at risk of no longer being popular/available the time to BUY said item instead?
View Quote

I heard that those already in posession will be Grandafthered in and no new sales will be allowed.......you guys that own them have hit a gold mine
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a reverse panic.  After the 2012 elections and Sandy Hook, all the unprepared or retarded stocked up on ammo and magazines at ludicrous prices, while the overly prepared turned a heavy profit, and the majority just waited for the prices to return to normal.

This is the new reverse panic, all the short sighted people will sell their Sig Braces as half of what they paid.  Mean while the level headed will buy at a bargain.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I can no longer shoot my right handed firearms left handed either, Fuck the ATF.

So where to we stand on para cord, and thordson brace thingy?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Will the same people be selling their AR's if a member of the BATF says they should be illegal?

Just wondering when people will grow a pair and stick together and tell them to GTFO!

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Strapping a brace to your forearm as a shooting platform is a half assed way to shoot a gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I won't be getting rid of mine, it works great as designed and intended.

Strapping a brace to your forearm as a shooting platform is a half assed way to shoot a gun.

I'm guessing that you haven't read the marketing material... Disabled vets and all....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
How much more could you care less?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
9/10 posts in this thread are about the grammar issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Irregardless its fun
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish the ATF would ban the Grammar Nazis.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]

I never saw the appeal myself. If I wanted a SBR I'd simply do the paperwork and get a stamp.

Figuring what folks were putting in them to look really retarded it was a fool's errand.

Many rubes were fleeced.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#14]
The determination is correct.

A guy makes an arm brace to help someone be better able to shoot with one hand.

It is submitted to the ATF. They determine...sure makes sense for one armed use to control an AR style pistol.

Retards do not use it per design. Retards ask if it is ok to use it like a stock. Retards know it equals a SBR....

Retards ask ATF if it is ok...ATF says no.

How is this hard to understand?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Where's all the "Will not comply" guys?

Up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, you showed them.  Way to stick it to the Man.

I'm holding onto mine.  I wouldn't be surprised in six months from now the ATF reverses their ruling and says they're fine.  Then I'll laugh at all of you that bought your braces at $130 and sold them for $50 (or less) because you wet your panties over this letter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This letter of interpretation isn't anything more than a scare tactic.  Designed to drive tax revenue I suspect.  If I eat soup with a fork have I made it into a spoon?  It is ludicrous and it won't survive the scrutiny of even the daftest judge.  I eagerly await the test case.  Tell me how using something differently than it's design intent is creating something new.  If I throw a rock is it a baseball?  If I wipe with a piece of ATF letterhead have I created a new law?
View Quote

Oil filters used as a suppressor...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is submitted to the ATF. They determine...sure makes sense for one armed use to control an AR style pistol.

Retards do not use it per design. Retards ask if it is ok to use it like a stock. Retards know it equals a SBR....

View Quote

They could construe bump firing into full auto fire if they wanted, its the fucking ATF.  Are you dense?  ATF pulls shit ideas out of thin ideas based on what they think sounds good and nothing more.  Surely its not based on what the Constitution says.

I could construe using rocksett on my flash hider for a 14.5'' as intending for it to be permanent rather than pin and welding, why not?  If designs are ambiguous and amorphous then why bother having a technical branch?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Whatever the current BATF letter says of course.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't be getting rid of mine, it works great as designed and intended.

I don't know what you mean.

Then maybe you can tell me what the SIG brace was "designed and intended" for?

Whatever the current BATF letter says of course.

No, the ATF didn't design the SIG brace.

As you're well aware, it was designed and intended to strap to your forearm....by SIG.

Now if others decide they want to use it in another manner, that's up to them.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol. Why would I sell my brace? This place is ridiculous.

View Quote

Yeah I don't get it. People are selling them because the BATF said you aren't allowed to shoulder the thing in a letter.

Fucking pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Irregardless its fun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irregardless its fun

Well played.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Cool. I just saved 15% by switching to GEICO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Waiting on the amnesty free registration period.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I am going to start using it like this. Maybe I should send a letter off first to see if it's ok before I strap my little guy in.

Fuck them.  I am keeping it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Waiting for them to drop to $50.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#26]
SB Tactical will file bankruptcy over this.

Constructive intent is next, especially if you don't have a missing arm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Meh, they are uncomfortable against your shoulder anyway.  I don't sell gun stuff so I guess it will sit in my safe till becoming a collectors item.

ETA: at least they got this cleared up before the ugly V2 abortion became common.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How much less could you care?
View Quote

I had the same question.  Could you care a LOT less? Like you are sort of regretting it, and might buy another one? Or are we talking you could care just a little, tiny bit less, like you wish you'd have gone and shouldered it once before you sold it just as an FU to the ATF, but you're still ok with it?

enquiring minds gotta know man!  How much less?!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Why is Ric Flair your avatar?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol. Why would I sell my brace? This place is ridiculous.

View Quote

Isn't it tho? People are fucking sheep. Unreal.

*I only own SBR's lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:35:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Arfcom is hilarious.

We spend years mocking Obama for dealing with world political situations by writing "strongly worded memos", yet when the ATF does it the GD Badasses scatter like roaches when the kitchen light is flipped on.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They could construe bump firing into full auto fire if they wanted, its the fucking ATF.  Are you dense?  ATF pulls shit ideas out of thin ideas based on what they think sounds good and nothing more.  Surely its not based on what the Constitution says.

I could construe using rocksett on my flash hider for a 14.5'' as intending for it to be permanent rather than pin and welding, why not?  If designs are ambiguous and amorphous then why bother having a technical branch?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....except....get this....it is not a stock...it is an arm brace.  You cannot be that obtuse....it was designed and marketed....as an arm brace.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Keeping mine and using it how I want and how I have been.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#34]
What a bunch of chickens.

Come and take them, cartridge box, reset buttons and all of that jazz. That is until a faceless bureaucrat writes a letter to someone else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Arfcom is hilarious.

We spend years mocking Obama for dealing with world political situations by writing "strongly worded memos", yet when the ATF does it the GD Badasses scatter like roaches when the kitchen light is flipped on.

View Quote

No kidding.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How much less could you care?
View Quote

He might care a little..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I hope a bunch of cheap 10-11" uppers come up on the EE.
View Quote
This is what I have been waiting for, but so far no more than usual.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I am keeping mine!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Never bought one, never will. They look ghey, and they are a problem waiting to happen, a blind rat could've predicted the ATF ruling. I'll just pay the $200 and get a real SBR someday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the item is called a sig ARM BRACE. ARM. BRACE.

not sig non-sbr-stock.

get a clue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where's all the "Will not comply" guys?

Up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

LOL
View Quote

I wonder how they feels about shooting bench vices. Seems putting a rifle into a fixed position to enhance the accuracy of it would be highly illegal.  Now if I have my pistol with the sig brace on and it is in a bench vice, how do I go about shooting it?  I think I am just going to hook up string and walk away about 10 feet.  I am sure the RO will be amused.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Cool story bro.

I will be keeping mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What a bunch of vaginas
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So I assume you own lots of unregistered full-auto guns, and aren't afraid to publicly admit it, right?

After all, we should just tell the BATF to fuck off, right?  

You do have a pair, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will the same people be selling their AR's if a member of the BATF says they should be illegal?

Just wondering when people will grow a pair and stick together and tell them to GTFO!

So I assume you own lots of unregistered full-auto guns, and aren't afraid to publicly admit it, right?

My balls got lost in a horrible boating accident.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You COULDN'T care less.
View Quote

Unless he was writing with SARCASM. Either is correct.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. its funny those who are all bravado.

they bought a sig brace to be compliant in the first place.

isnt it ironic, dont you think? - alanis

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am going to start using it like this. Maybe I should send a letter off first to see if it's ok before I strap my little guy in.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/stitch2rbn/f7b83208ab894595e26e6873b364dd57_zps9a2242b7.jpg

Fuck them.  I am keeping it.
View Quote

That's a LOT of keys! He MUST be the janitor!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This letter of interpretation isn't anything more than a scare tactic.  Designed to drive tax revenue I suspect.  If I eat soup with a fork have I made it into a spoon?  It is ludicrous and it won't survive the scrutiny of even the daftest judge.  I eagerly await the test case.  Tell me how using something differently than it's design intent is creating something new.  If I throw a rock is it a baseball?  If I wipe with a piece of ATF letterhead have I created a new law?
View Quote

And it appears to be working.  There are several in this thread alone that are saying this letter is pushing them to go the sbr route.  Government oversteps once again and the people line up to give away more tax money.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top