BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Mountain bikers and road riders say it helps to clean the area after a bad crash or to ge tthe MUD off your lrgs. I don't do it but alot of cyclists do. It is kind of a cyclist badge.

I can definitely attest to this. My buddy used to do it when he rode bikes in college. Comparing anytime I rashed myself up and he did, I had the worse time, with the hair getting stuck in the damned scabs. He never had such trouble.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Cyclists shave their legs to facilitate theraputic massage.  It prevents the massage from constantyly tugging on the hairs causing pain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I shaved part of one leg, twice.  Knee surgery is a bitch.  

I once shaved them for an event on this site as well.  That was funky.  A few women at work noticed...that was interesting to say the least...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For all you freaks that say you did it for track, swimming, bike racing...

Makes you faster huh?

Most of the swimmers competing in the previous Olympics shaved all of their body hair.
If they thought it worthwhile to do, I believe that it does make some difference.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The youngin's have no idea what you are talking about

"Youngin's"? Shit, dude, I'm only 28.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well I did it....I shaved them first with clippers and then took a mach 3 to them, all the way up to mid thigh--In all honesty it doesn't look bad, my girlfriends basketball team told her I had nicer legs than her!

Have you been petting your legs now?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
For all you freaks that say you did it for track, swimming, bike racing...

Makes you faster huh?

Nah - makes cleaning out road rash a lot easier.  Massage tends to work better too.  Can't speak for track/swim athletes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top