Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Start jerking off.  It worked for Swindle1984.

(By the way, that is by far the best ghost story I have ever heard.)

Coming from a woman that is just dead sexy
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link ? Sounds kind of funny.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ghost's can be very scary, I remember when I first saw one....it is odd that your dogs didnt become aware to its presence. That was the first thing I noticed, I felt like someone was standing behind me glaring at me. Dont worry to much listen to the paranormal investigator guy and you will be fine. From what I have heard most ghosts/spirits/angels are not hostile.

You forgot to mention demons .....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top of page 3
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've read about the paranormal. From what I understand, you may be able to catch a photo of it. They are called orbs. Useing a digital camera, you will want to turn all your lights off in the house, walk around room to room taking photos. if you see one of these, your house is haunted.

LINK
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top of page 3

I'd BETTER see some sig-line material coming out of that post. Being quoted in two sigs just isn't enough for my ego.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my camera lens might pop off at anytime
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
proper weapon selection for ghost removal..............

A super-soaker filled with holy water!...

COLT!

Sounds more like a job for an ASA-15 to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my camera lens might pop off at anytime

I won't be able to sleep knowing someone wanks to ghosts.........
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Just think, this "thing" watches you touch yourself and when you are pinching one off.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]
just to be stupid, did you check your camera lens and cover to see if there was something wrong with it.  You know like a chipped catch on the lens cover that can't grip the threading or some shit in the threading.  There is a spring behind those catches.  I don't think they are good to launch a 1 oz. lenscover 7 ft. through the air but round things roll.  

call me doubting thomas if you want
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
It's the coming of the ZOMBIES!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top of page 3

I'd BETTER see some sig-line material coming out of that post. Being quoted in two sigs just isn't enough for my ego.

Ask, and ye shall recieve.  Check my sig.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top of page 3

I guess I can stop tooting my own horn in my sig then.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Upon reading Swindle's post, I have decided to take a proactive stance. In order to prevent a haunting of my house, I shall jack-off daily.

Oh wait, I already do that. Well, at least now I got a rationale.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Set up a camera, catch it on film ....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Set up a camera, catch it on film ....

You want dport to film himself jacking off?

*backs away slowly*
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Amazing how so many will believe in this ghost bullshit, UFO aliens, Nastradamus, Bermuda triangle, conspiracy trash, but someone mentions Jesus (what you ought believe in) and "Holy" shit all goes sour.    

By the way, if you are experiencing an entity beyond the grave...only Jesus made it back, so your looking at demons.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Amazing how so many will believe in this ghost bullshit, UFO aliens, Nastradamus, Bermuda triangle, conspiracy trash, but someone mentions Jesus (what you ought believe in) and "Holy" shit all goes sour.    

By the way, if you are experiencing an entity beyond the grave...only Jesus made it back, so your looking at demons.  

So uh what about Guardian angels then?  HUH?!?!  Well how 'bout them apples!?!?  Gargoyles are demons as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So uh what about Guardian angels then?  HUH?!?!  Well how 'bout them apples!?!?  Gargoyles are demons as well.

Gargoyles are carved or sculpted images made to represent demons and frighten away evil spirits and enemies of the church or government, which is why they're all over old churches and government buildings in Europe.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quick & Easy test: Duct Tape

Just securely tape the lens cap on:

If it stays on......probably just a vivid imagination.

If it still comes off........you're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Gargoyles are carved or sculpted images made to represent demons and frighten away evil spirits and enemies of the church or government, which is why they're all over old churches and government buildings in Europe.

"Gargoyle", the dictionary definition: a spout usually in the form of a grotesquely carved face or figure, projecting from a roof gutter. From the Old French "gargouille" and the Late Latin "gurgulio", both meaning throat. (from Chambers Concise dictionary)

"Gargoyles (in the strict sense) are carvings on the outside of buildings designed to direct water from the roof away from the base of the walls... ...Some gargoyles are undecorated but many are zoomorphic or anthropomorphic - often very imaginative and/or grotesque. This has led to the term 'gargoyle' being applied more widely to any grotesque carving in medieval buildings." (from Bob Trubshaw, posting in BritArch archives, 23Feb1999)

When asking "why are there gargoyles and what are they for", in my experience most people seem to mean the Medieval ones. So, this is what a distingushed Frenchman Emile Male and most critics after him said:

No symbolism can explain the monstrous fauna of the cathedrals...
   If ever works are exempt of meaning surely these are...
   All attempts at explanation must be foredoomed to failure.

E. Male, _L'art religieux du XIIIe siecle en France_ 8e edition p. 121, 124

So, studiously ignoring those words of wisdom, here are some possible explanations I've come across:

* rainwater plumbing (this is certain but does not explain why so many are carved creatures, nor the various forms)
   * warding off evil - a "kiss my ass" keep away deterrent to demons
   * warding off evil - a "don't bother, we're here already doing demonic stuff" deterrent to demons
   * a reminder to parishioners of the perils of evil - bad guys are marginalised to the outside of the church (but why so high up and hard to see?)
   * as pagan symbols to encourage believers in pre-Christian ways to come to church (make them feel welcomed or at home, as it were)
   * decoration (but why so ugly? why so hard to see)
   * a juxtaposition or balance of ugliness against the beauty inside the building (a very medieval concept which we find hard to understand these days)
   * insurance policy against building collapse, related to warding off evil (this one's obscure and I think it says more out modern interpretation of the medieval mind than architectural principles)

more can be found here
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't worry, it's just Dennis Quaid trying to tell you he still loves you.

imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PEPH/GT1B3.jpg

....Or could it be Randy Quaid??  RUN!!!!

that's Patrick Swayze dumbass, you obviously don't watch enough Red Dawn

Yep dumbass

What the hell is a guiji board? Quija board made by Gucci?

Ouija board.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#24]
PFFFT, no ghost at all. Since the dogs didn't alert or otherwise react.  I say it's that damn 13inch Direct TV tv that speaks in Dennis Leary's voice appears is closets, the front door and refrigerators. Oly, have you recently moonwalked, locked yourself out of the house or forget to throw out some old bean dip?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Gargoyle", the dictionary definition: a spout usually in the form of a grotesquely carved face or figure, projecting from a roof gutter. From the Old French "gargouille" and the Late Latin "gurgulio", both meaning throat. (from Chambers Concise dictionary)

"Gargoyles (in the strict sense) are carvings on the outside of buildings designed to direct water from the roof away from the base of the walls... ...Some gargoyles are undecorated but many are zoomorphic or anthropomorphic - often very imaginative and/or grotesque. This has led to the term 'gargoyle' being applied more widely to any grotesque carving in medieval buildings." (from Bob Trubshaw, posting in BritArch archives, 23Feb1999)

When asking "why are there gargoyles and what are they for", in my experience most people seem to mean the Medieval ones. So, this is what a distingushed Frenchman Emile Male and most critics after him said:

No symbolism can explain the monstrous fauna of the cathedrals...
   If ever works are exempt of meaning surely these are...
   All attempts at explanation must be foredoomed to failure.

E. Male, _L'art religieux du XIIIe siecle en France_ 8e edition p. 121, 124

So, studiously ignoring those words of wisdom, here are some possible explanations I've come across:

* rainwater plumbing (this is certain but does not explain why so many are carved creatures, nor the various forms)
   * warding off evil - a "kiss my ass" keep away deterrent to demons
   * warding off evil - a "don't bother, we're here already doing demonic stuff" deterrent to demons
   * a reminder to parishioners of the perils of evil - bad guys are marginalised to the outside of the church (but why so high up and hard to see?)
   * as pagan symbols to encourage believers in pre-Christian ways to come to church (make them feel welcomed or at home, as it were)
   * decoration (but why so ugly? why so hard to see)
   * a juxtaposition or balance of ugliness against the beauty inside the building (a very medieval concept which we find hard to understand these days)
   * insurance policy against building collapse, related to warding off evil (this one's obscure and I think it says more out modern interpretation of the medieval mind than architectural principles)

more can be found here

I personally think gargoyles were inspired by the devil to mock God and symbolize his dominance of the dead churches of the time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Upon reading Swindle's post, I have decided to take a proactive stance. In order to prevent a haunting of my house, I shall jack-off daily.

Oh wait, I already do that. Well, at least now I got a rationale.

This could explain why I've never been haunted.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe it wants you to take a pic.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Draw down...lol.  Seriously, though, most of the ghosts I've encountered like to play pranks and shit like that.  Such as opening doors, dropping things, etc.  My guess is that many of them are rather bored and just like to play games with the living.  You can try saying hello and don't be freaked out if you get a response.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.  Depends on if they feel like talking to you, some of them can be pretty antisocial.  Just my .02.  

Are you for real??
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I can stop tooting my own horn in my sig then.

Sweet.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top