Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple years ago I rolled my truck during a nasty storm.  The Michigan State Police gave me a ride to the tow shop.  

I had to disclose to them 'immediately' that I was using my CPL....it's state law.  They didn't give a shit.  I rode in the back of their cruiser with a cocked and locked 1911 on my hip for about 10 miles.

I guess they weren't giant pussies like the cop in the op.

Or maybe they didn't care if they got shot in the back of the head while they were helping someone out. Unless the OP and the officer who was nice enough to help him out broke bread together last Christmas, securing the weapon during the transport was absolutely appropriate. Wanting to wake up on the good side of the dirt tomorrow doesn't make you a pussy.

So some guy locked in the back of a police car is gonna shoot him in the back of the head and then... wait for more cops.

I'm sorry, do we ever see many posts about SMART criminals around here?  Mostly about dumb ones, right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
nobody said you had to accept his help
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple years ago I rolled my truck during a nasty storm. The Michigan State Police gave me a ride to the tow shop.

I had to disclose to them 'immediately' that I was using my CPL....it's state law. They didn't give a shit. I rode in the back of their cruiser with a cocked and locked 1911 on my hip for about 10 miles.

Or maybe they didn't care if they got shot in the back of the head while they were helping someone out. Unless the OP and the officer who was nice enough to help him out broke bread together last Christmas, securing the weapon during the transport was absolutely appropriate. Wanting to wake up on the good side of the dirt tomorrow doesn't make you a pussy.

The kind of people that get CCW's are in no way the same group as people that would shoot a cop in the back of the head. You're a cop right? if that is what you think of CCW's then you are the enemy not an ally in our 2A battle.

And you're fucking moron if you think that somebody is automatically a "good guy" for having a CCW permit. It just means that they haven't been convicted of a felony.

I've seen guys with CCWs start waving their guns in bars, beat the shit out of the wives and....wait for it....commit armed robbery.

ETA: And I'm saying this as a guy who believes that everybody who is legally able should carry a gun.

From what I've read, statistically a police officer is more likely to commit a crime than a CCW permit holder (the percentages for both groups are extremely small obviously).

You guys all make good arguments - both sides of the issue. CCW holders are less likely to commit a crime than non-permit holders (not sure about cops). People who apply for CCW permits are generally not the kind of people who shoot cops in the back of the head. CCW holders (and cops) have beaten their wives and committed armed robberies....  

But statistics won't feed my family if I get shot today, and that's what it really boils down to.

I understand your argument, I was just a bit shocked by the number of cops on ARFCOM that would have done the same thing.

If you do understand what he's saying, there's nothng to be shocked about.

Holding a CCW permit does NOT automatically make someone a "good guy" or non-crazy.

I would've done it too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A couple years ago I rolled my truck during a nasty storm.  The Michigan State Police gave me a ride to the tow shop.  

I had to disclose to them 'immediately' that I was using my CPL....it's state law.  They didn't give a shit.  I rode in the back of their cruiser with a cocked and locked 1911 on my hip for about 10 miles.

You carry with one "in the pipe"?  Are you NUTS?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Holding a CCW permit does NOT automatically make someone a "good guy" or non-crazy.

I would've done it too.

I just did not expect so many officers to go full retard when it came to transporting an innocent CCWer, that is all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
all the cops around where i live expect you to have a CCW

its even recommended by alot of cops

down here in the south, i dont feel threatened at all by cops infringing on 2A rights,

Those were not Feds, how could they infringe on an amendment restricting only the Feds?

fail

For some reason this is PaDanby's favorite piece of dogma.  You've posted this hundreds of times, and you are still incorrect.

The supreme court does not make the law, it interprets it.  Just because the 2A hasn't been officially "incorporated" via a precedent setting court case doesn't mean that it and the 14th don't plainly mean what they say.

Go ahead and post a response, I'm not going to argue this with you.  You are 100% wrong.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You carry with one "in the pipe"?  Are you NUTS?

Is my sarcasm meter broken?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think the cop was out of line.  He was nice to give you a ride.

I can see both sides, and I wouldn't fault a cop for going about this either way.  It's not like you were forcibly disarmed, because you were not required to ride in his car.  He was doing you a favor.

However, if I was a cop, I probably wouldn't disarm in this scenario 7 times out of 10.  Really, I would probably go with my gut.  Maybe he thought you looked shady.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You should have insisted he put his in the trunk; for your safety..

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would've done it too.

I just did not expect so many officers to go full retard when it came to transporting an innocent CCWer, that is all.

Full retard?

As I said, just because somebody has a CCW permit does not make them a good guy. It means he hasn't been convicted of a felony and had $117 in his bank account.

I'm not even a cop yet. I'm a JBT in training, and long before I ever began LEO training, I knew that a CCW does not equal "no threat." As said before, he didn't have to get a ride. He could have made a phone call to a road service or a wrecker. Whether I'm a cop or not, if some stranger is in my car, I want to know where EVERY gun in the car is.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#11]

If I saw an LEO broken down on the side of the road, I'd offer him a ride.

And I'd let him keep his gun.

Hopefully if I'm ever in the same situation, the courtesy would be returned.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would've done it too.

Full retard?

As I said, just because somebody has a CCW permit does not make them a good guy. It means he hasn't been convicted of a felony and had $117 in his bank account.

I'm not even a cop yet. I'm a JBT in training, and long before I ever began LEO training, I knew that a CCW does not equal "no threat." As said before, he didn't have to get a ride. He could have made a phone call to a road service or a wrecker. Whether I'm a cop or not, if some stranger is in my car, I want to know where EVERY gun in the car is.

Just because someone is a cop does not make them a good guy either but I do not immediately assume that every cop is planning to shoot me and plant drugs and a gun on me, you have to make a decision on a case by case basis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Full retard"?

Tell you what.  Tomorrow, go pick up an "innocent"  hitchhiker, put him in the back seat, and then hand him your pistol to hold while you give him a ride.

That would be "full retard".
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
ARFCOM'er FAIL

You did not scream YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY WEAPON!!1!1!

0/10

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So some guy locked in the back of a police car is gonna shoot him in the back of the head and then... wait for more cops.

Illegal mexican did it in houston.  After a traffic stop.  Killed the cop.  Cops found murderer in back seat wearing hand cuffs.

Fucking pos brass/political types still support sanctuary city policy.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would've done it too.

Full retard?

Just because someone is a cop does not make them a good guy either but I do not immediately assume that every cop is planning to shoot me and plant drugs and a gun on me, you have to make a decision on a case by case basis.

I don't assume everybody is out to kill me. I do assume that it's a possibility until proven otherwise, though. Again, that's not the view of a cop. That's the view of an just an everyday Joe Citizen with a CCW.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the way it should be

Choke cough sputter...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow. I think I'll just leave my posting in GD to the monthly LaRue contest. I gotta go buy a new ding-bat-o-meter after all this...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]
glad you had a good experience, usually they aren't as friendly to me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does he pee on himself when he handles his own firearm?

Seriously, sometimes I just don't understand why cops are so damn leery of a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm and having to place the icky thing someplace else then in the CCW holders hand when it is returned. As far disarming you, his car his rules, I can understand that.
Ain't his damn car. We paid for it. And as someone else pointed out, why the hell is his safety so damn important while ours doesn't matter a whit?

No thanks, I'll walk. Armed, so I don't need his protection, either.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

down here in the south, i dont feel threatened at all by cops infringing on 2A rights,
Glad to hear it, I really am. Just be glad you don't live in either of the two states on your northern border.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
You are in his patrol car. Expect to be disarmed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ain't his damn car. We paid for it.  

I'd be willing to bet that he pays his taxes too, so, yeah, a little tiny bit of it IS his car.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hate the back of cop cars, you'd think they would try and make that area a little more comfortable for people who aren't 5'2"

No, the space is needed up fronbt for the person driving the car for 8 hours.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, sometimes I just don't understand why cops are so damn leery of a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm and having to place the icky thing someplace else then in the CCW holders hand when it is returned. As far disarming you, his car his rules, I can understand that.
Ain't his damn car. We paid for it. And as someone else pointed out, why the hell is his safety so damn important while ours doesn't matter a whit?

No thanks, I'll walk. Armed, so I don't need his protection, either.

My safety is important to me because I intend to go home at the end of my shift, not make the mistake of assuming that the guy in the back seat wont hurt me. There is no reset button; if I make a mistake, I'm dead. Its that simple. Sorry if that offends you, but as you pointed out, you are free to walk if you don't like the conditions I set for giving you a ride.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My car had a flat, and I couldn't change it because whoever put on the tire  cross-threaded the bolts.

Anyway, in the middle of nowhere, I flagged a passing police car for a ride. He did give me a ride, but first asked if I had a weapon. To this I replied, yes I had a concealed handgun. He told me DO NOT TOUCH IT. He then removed the gun from me, and put it in the trunk. I rode in the back of his patrol vehicle while he drove me to my destination. We made friendly chat during the ride. He did not ask me about my gun. I got the feeling he didn't even care. He did not ask to see my concealed carry license, so I volunteered to show it to him.

After I got out of his car, he took the gun out of his trunk, and put it in my laptop case, saying he could not hand it to me for his safety. SURE I said. No problem.

Have a good day sir, he said, then drove off.

So who was the dumbass that cross threaded the bolts?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were not Feds, how could they infringe on an amendment restricting only the Feds?

fail

For some reason this is PaDanby's favorite piece of dogma.  You've posted this hundreds of times, and you are still incorrect.

The supreme court does not make the law, it interprets it.  Just because the 2A hasn't been officially "incorporated" via a precedent setting court case doesn't mean that it and the 14th don't plainly mean what they say.

Go ahead and post a response, I'm not going to argue this with you.  You are 100% wrong.

Love it, throw out a falsehood and run away.  

Oh boy, find some kind of real expert who didn't learn the law from a Crackerjacks prize like you did that agrees with you, and post a verifiable cite to a real authoriative sight that agrees with you.  You can hold your breath and turn blue and stomp your feet and claim you are right, but all that does is show you can throw a hissy fit.

O that's right you claim I am wrong and stomp out without having to prove it.  That's chicken shit, but then again you did it that way on purpose so you don't have to support your unsupportable position.

Find any real legal authority that says that under current law, the 2A applies to the states (except apparenlty in the 9th Circuit)

Nobody gives a shit what you think.  Nobody in the legal system or the court system agrees with you.  But
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fail

Oh boy, find some kind of real expert who didn't learn the law from a Crackerjacks prize like you did that agrees with you, and post a verifiable cite to a real authoriative sight that agrees with you.  You can hold your breath and turn blue and stomp your feet and claim you are right, but all that does is show you can throw a hissy fit.

O that's right you claim I am wrong and stomp out without having to prove it.  That's chicken shit, but then again you did it that way on purpose so you don't have to support your unsupportable position.

Find any real legal authority that says that under current law, the 2A applies to the states (except apparenlty in the 9th Circuit)

Nobody gives a shit what you think.  Nobody in the legal system or the court system agrees with you.  But

this is why you are on my ignore list nancy boy

You also got my first account on arfcom locked four or five years ago during the katrina thing.  Some thread about how you supported the assholes who were disarming people.  That is why I am not going to argue this with you...you are no friend of the 2A or the United States of America, and quite frankly, I have no fucking clue as to why you've trolled this site for years.

I'm not going to waste my time on this because I've been through this with you before.  Not only are you incapable of listening to reason, but you also piss me off like no other liberal I've ever meet.

I don't come to arfcom to waste my time debating with the enemy.  I come to arfcom to share discussions with friends.  Good night.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fail

You also got my first account on arfcom locked four or five years ago during the katrina thing.  Some thread about how you supported the assholes who were disarming people.  That is why I am not going to argue this with you...you are no friend of the 2A or the United States of America, and quite frankly, I have no fucking clue as to why you've trolled this site for years.

I'm not going to waste my time on this because I've been through this with you before.  Not only are you incapable of listening to reason, but you also piss me off like no other liberal I've ever meet.

I don't come to arfcom to waste my time debating with the enemy.  I come to arfcom to share discussions with friends.  Good night.

Your ignore list isn't working then.  Guess you must be using somebody else's account.  See you still can't answer the question.  whine whine whine.  

You don't care what the law is, you just beat off on your personal interpretation.  I bet if I was really on your ignore list you won't be back.  But I'll make an agreement with you, how about you shut the fuck up if you can't answer the question.  And btw state laws and state constitutions govern the regulation of firearms at the state level.  surprise surprise surprise.  not a tough concept for most.  then again. most can figure out how to use the ignore button feature.

BTW, most kids could tell you if you wanted a printable version of that picture you right click on it and save as.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fail

<blah blah...childish insults and liberal BS...blah blah blah>

BTW, most kids could tell you if you wanted a printable version of that picture you right click on it and save as.

Hey genius, did you ever think that I might want one that I can print on a large sheet of paper without it being pixelated?

de-de-dee

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same here. I think most free states are like that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Still can't get that ignore button to work.  

Still can't answer questions.

Still wants a picture of his hero.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Cops kill alot more civilians, than civilians kill cops, they are the ones that should be disarmed
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Illegal mexican did it in houston.  After a traffic stop.  Killed the cop.  Cops found murderer in back seat wearing hand cuffs.

Fucking pos brass/political types still support sanctuary city policy.

And said Mexican had a CHP? And said Mexican was under arrest since he was cuffed, with a CHP, and not patted down?

That's so full of fail I don't know where to begin.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't blame him in the slightest.  I vividly recall the people I went thru CHL classes with.

Let's see a show of hands of those  that would let a complete stranger sit behind them with a gun.  "Full retard" indeed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Not too long ago, a Marion, Ohio Sheriff's Deputy picked up a guy needing help late at night.
Guy must have seemed to be OK.   Deputy gave him a ride in the back set, and for no reason at all
the POS shot and killed the Deputy.

Deputy was at the end of his shift and didn't frisk the POS.

Young Officer with a couple of small kids.

I'd give up my gun for a ride, and wouldn't bitch about it.

I'd rather ride in the back seat of a curisor without my weapon, than walk on a dark and lonely road.

UJ
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#40]
CHL crimes committed in Texas for 2007.  Official DPS stats. 160 CHL holder convictions in one year.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/convrates.htm

Note the assaults, deadly conduct, murder, manslaughter and child molestation categories.  There is even a CHL holder in the "Capitol murder of multiple persons" category.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, a JBT picked you up for no reason, unlawfully disarmed you and restrained your liberty in the back of his oppression mobile?

This, and....

Next time call your husband to help you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:01:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was holding my Kahr MK9 Elite with two fingers like it was a bag of dog poop. Young guy.

That can be habit. When a gun is recovered from a crime scene they try to handle it as little as possible to not foul up the prints. Many cops don't grab a gun like they own it. Don't know if that was the case with you...just sayn
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple years ago I rolled my truck during a nasty storm. The Michigan State Police gave me a ride to the tow shop.

I had to disclose to them 'immediately' that I was using my CPL....it's state law. They didn't give a shit. I rode in the back of their cruiser with a cocked and locked 1911 on my hip for about 10 miles.

The kind of people that get CCW's are in no way the same group as people that would shoot a cop in the back of the head. You're a cop right? if that is what you think of CCW's then you are the enemy not an ally in our 2A battle.

And you're fucking moron if you think that somebody is automatically a "good guy" for having a CCW permit. It just means that they haven't been convicted of a felony.

I've seen guys with CCWs start waving their guns in bars, beat the shit out of the wives and....wait for it....commit armed robbery.

I am not saying it is imposable but I would be more concerned about getting stuck by lightning then getting shot by a CCWer.

ETA: Do you pat down everyone you put in the back of your car, no matter the reason? I bet not and you are about 10000 times more likely to be shot by some shmoe off the street you stop to help.

Everyone who goes in the back of my car gets searched.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Nevermind

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top