User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Page one and all...

ETA: Or not.  Page two is still fine by me though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lawsuit?

And criminal charges for kidnapping.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]
WOW!  DN is DN!  Sorry your family had to go through that crap!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why do you carry a department issued handgun off-duty and have you notified your command staff yet (reaction)?

I always carry it. In MO, a CCWer can carry anything they want, but LEO must CCW department issue, unless you have a CCW as well. I do not have a CCW.

The Sheriff, and Majors laughed at me in the "I'm glad it wasnt me" tone, but the Sheriff said he is going to make some calls this morning as well. My guys did the whole "If it were me, I would have punched them in the head, etc" shit. Yeah yeah badass'.

Everyone thinks it is funny. I was not amused.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:33:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Isolated incident
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You have my interest.

G22C is an interesting choice (the "C" part) for a duty weapon.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Arfcom is going to implode.

Ain't so fun when it is your innocent ass getting gently caressed by the "JBT" is it?

Sorry for your shitty situation but I got to chuckle a little.

I did too, the great defender had a run in with the man.  Ironic ain't it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the boot was on the other foot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
God Da**!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Now how would I have been treated in the same situation?

Gotten any respect at all or would I have had to get my lawyer involved?

Serious question.  Were you given better treatment when they realized they screwed up because you were a LEO?

Nope. I threw a fit, and made them look like idiots in front of their other detainees. They were still assholes. No biggie, I will get it handled. I'm also going to request through my PA, a copy of all recordings, and video of all that took place.  

I hope you ream them a new one, good luck dude!

o forgot to add

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Be grateful that you didn't have your dog with you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#15]
That sucks LTBeas. The only critique I have of your actions was the starting off comment of "you must be good with that laser." That's not something that many interpret as to set the mood in a positive, at least how I read it.

Still, this shows how attention to detail is important, and many don't have it. It's probably my number one pet peeve about fellow employees/suboridinates that can't grasp that simple concept, which ultimately saves you work/mistakes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#16]

i don't really know what to say about this, so, uhh, i guess now you know...

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You have my interest.

G22C is an interesting choice (the "C" part) for a duty weapon.

True statement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious question.  Were you given better treatment when they realized they screwed up because you were a LEO?

Nope. I threw a fit, and made them look like idiots in front of their other detainees. They were still assholes. No biggie, I will get it handled. I'm also going to request through my PA, a copy of all recordings, and video of all that took place.  

I hope you ream them a new one, good luck dude!

What will they do after you file a complaint?

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Were I you, my whole purpose in life from this point forward would be to see him homeless and penniless.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I would give them name and race but not the DOB.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:24 AM EDT
[#22]
well handled....I would not have that much self control, that much is certain!!!

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you carry a department issued handgun off-duty and have you notified your command staff yet (reaction)?

I'm trying to figure out what department issues a compensated handgun. (22C)

Someone complained a long time ago about recoil, and we went with these. I can't tell a difference besides flames, and ear protection shattering booms.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow! I'd be pissed off too.

Good luck in your settlement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always carry it. In MO, a CCWer can carry anything they want, but LEO must CCW department issue, unless you have a CCW as well. I do not have a CCW.  

The Sheriff, and Majors laughed at me in the "I'm glad it wasnt me" tone, but the Sheriff said he is going to make some calls this morning as well. My guys did the whole "If it were me, I would have punched them in the head, etc" shit. Yeah yeah badass'.

Everyone thinks it is funny. I was not amused.

The situation its self isn't funny, the fact it happened to a (joking in your title) admitted JBT kind of is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Those god damn cops, what a bunch of assho.......wait sorry dude.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#27]
wow. that is all kinda of suck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#28]
ffffuuuuu....

let me know if you want me to write a letter.... to everyone!!  

and btw, I would be FURIOUS.  Actually, furious is probably an understatement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out what department issues a compensated handgun. (22C)

Someone complained a long time ago about recoil, and we went with these. I can't tell a difference besides flames, and ear protection shattering booms.  

What?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#30]
So fucking in....like white on rice err a cop
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Interesting.

What's your end goal in reference to the above?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:.

I didn't question them during the process, but I was going to when they took their fingers off their triggers.

I certainly hope they really didn't have their fingers off their triggers.

Cop should be slapped for the whole fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:38:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sounds like you handled it as best as anyone could.

Shitty thing for your family to be put through.

This.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Everyone has read these threads about LEO's supposedly screwing up.

We know by now, nothing should be said until we hear DN's side of the story.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd hire a lawyer that would assure everyone of those fuckstains get a legal ass pounding. $$$
Hit their budget hard enough and they'll have to layoff some of those dipshits.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Interesting.

What's your end goal in reference to the above?

Not sure yet. I need to take a couple days, and let it all soak in so I handle it rationally. I'm still on some sort of adrenaline drip.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh man, the cognitive dissonance this thread is going to cause will be on a scale the likes of which we rarely see outside of a laboratory setting.

Will the TBL shatter?  Or will it withstand the violent contortions about to be foisted upon it?  Stay tuned!

I wrote a guy who badged me the other day two cites.

What does "badged me" mean?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
These kinds of mistakes, along with no-knock warrants to the wrong house should be punished by job terminations at the minimum and them being sued into oblivion to prevent this from happening again.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#43]

All I care about is… did the arresting officer get home
safe?

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I find this interesting, and am interested in the final outcome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Damn.

This is unprecedented arfcom territory.

You would think common sense would kick in and he would carefully verify.  But the lesson here is that people who do this sort of thing don't have common sense which is why no one believes you when you relate an experience in dealing with such a person.

Until they encounter a true moron, people don't believe they exist.

Good thing you didn't encounter a moron cluster.  A moron cluster occurs when the guy's boss is also a moron.  And the bosses boss is also a moron.  That's how moron clusters are formed; morons hiring morons and morons training morons.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow, I have no idea how I would have handled that situation.  I knew I would have been innocent but I don't know what I would have done other than pee my pants.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:42:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

ffffuuuuu....

let me know if you want me to write a letter.... to everyone!!  

and btw, I would be FURIOUS.  Actually, furious is probably an understatement.

Furious doesn't explain it. What a month. I don't carry drama like this, it has to be a sign or something.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn.

This is unprecedented arfcom territory.

You would think common sense would kick in and he would carefully verify.  But the lesson here is that people who do this sort of thing don't have common sense which is why no one believes you when you relate an experience in dealing with such a person.

Until they encounter a true moron, people don't believe they exist.

Good thing you didn't encounter a moron cluster.  A moron cluster occurs when the guy's boss is also a moron.  And the bosses boss is also a moron.  That's how moron clusters are formed; morons hiring morons and morons training morons.

Good point.........I didn't think anyone as stupid as idiot Holder or idiot Pelosi could exist.........but they do.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top