Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Burn all evidence

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]

behind cannned goods in cabinets"front"all the cans and boxes and put some behind it. Lay it on top of your mattress in an even layer and throw 3-4 blankets/comforters over it behind books on bookshelves. Turn over your sofa and put some on the ground underneath the empty part in the middle of most sofas. Underneath a pile of laundry in the laundry room. Etc Above all make sure your place is neat and tidy on the day of, they are looking for structural and mechanical problems as well as people who are trashing the place and not taking care of pets -taking out trash etc. if your palce is neat and tidy they will be in and out pretty fast a cusory walk through of each room and maybe a quick closet peek. Take a large dell computer monitor box place it in a closet load it up with ammo -seal it and place shoes and stuff on it like its been there forever, like you are keeping it to move a monitor in --that sort of thing. If anyone pushes on it or remarks on its weight --"yeah that one was bad when I got it dell set a new on and I meant to ship that back but..." stuff like that. High in that back on closet shelves with umbrellas and "closet" stuff in front of it. back of dresser drawers with clothes left in front and on top of ammo (--you need some clothes for the "laundry" pile andyway) I bet I could hide 500000 rounds in your apartment givena few hours. it wouldnt stand a full on search but the casual observer would never see it unless they were pokin through my underwear drawer.

You've had this happen before, huh!

Did they do this annual inspection last year at the same time?
This sounds shady, especially on short notice.  I bet this is an
insurance inspection, and they will probably freak if they see ammo.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar situation.  Apartment managers had to do some inspection of the the sprinkler system or some BS like that.  I just stacked my cans/crates along the wall and covered it with a big ass comforter.  It looked just like a bench you could sit on.

I also told them that I wanted to be with them during the inspection.  They said no problem and never even completed the inspection!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
O the irony.

He's got ammo by the pallet load but no self owned property to put it in.

Actually,  I do own a house. I just don't live in it.

Steve, if you want to, you can put it in my garage for a few days.
I.M. me here.I am about two miles from Targetmasters, in Garland.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, my . . . I know I shouldn't laugh at another's problems, but this thread has been hysterical! (And it's ONLY 25,000 rounds . . . )
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Make an ammo fort.Or put a bunch of sex toys on top of it.They will get embarrassed and leave...
No, they won't.  Trust me.  You would not believe the stuff I used to see doing this stuff.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
25,000?  I don't know what you need more... therapy or a forklift.  

Seriously.  Get with it, son.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where the heck do you live? China? The landlord can't roam around your place.
they most certainly can.
<--------- EX-apartment dweller.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Build a new section of wall with the ammo boxes, and cover it with wallpaper. Either that, or build an ammo box fort, and hide it in when the inspector comes in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
answer the door naked holding a dead chicken GOOSE.

bet they don't come in or come back

Fixed it for ya.

I think that thread will be stuck in my brain forever!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't see this in the hometown forum... lots of Texans around here, we could have helped.  I know good people in most larger cities around the state, could have stashed it elsewhere for a short time.

But, how did you "hide" all of it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
When I lived in a apartment when I got out of the Navy, I lined up my ammo boxes on each side of the bed.( under the bed) When the manager (older guy) came for the inspection, He saw the safe, asked what I had I took out the Garand from the closet. He was like wow, I havnt seen one of these since Korea! We talked Garands for a while, a few Korea stories and then he left without looking at anything
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top