Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
1/10 rant. Is it really necessary to bitch about something like this. Ohz Noez. He's playing golf instead of mourning a president of a country he probably doesnt like to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's so obvious when people don't pay attention to things in either the article, or covered in the thread previously.

Eight. Times more golf than both of Bush's terms (8yrs). Quite an accomplishment for not even 2yrs time.  

Just a little relaxing "me" time, right?

Not a fair comparison honestly. Bush quit playing because of personal reason having to do with the war and soldiers dying and parents seeing him golfing.

I thought it was stupid to criticize Bush and I think it is stupid to criticize obama.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you imagine if fully one third of the golf courses in the US were converted to shooting ranges how it would remake the US?

Come on, give it a thought.

Oh yeah, what he did is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe plans were cancelled because of the volcano ash being bad for airplanes.

So going golfing is Plan B?

Why not? Apart from "keeping up appearances" for another head of state, why should he as an individual give two shits about a relative stranger dying on the other side of the world?

It pains me deeply to stick up for Obama, but for fuck's sake, you can't expect him to hold a private wake or something.

Yes, having him go over to the Polish Embassy in DC and signing the book of Condolence would be a huge fuckin' hardship.  

I'm glad he didn't.

For him it would have been just another photo op.

fuck him
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why not? Apart from "keeping up appearances" for another head of state, why should he as an individual give two shits about a relative stranger dying on the other side of the world?

"Keeping up appearances" is what heads of state are supposed to do. It's part of the job. He isn't some 15 year old mopey teenager ducking out on his family duties by not going to great aunt Helen's funeral. He's supposed to be showing respect for an American ally and friend, if nothing else by stopping by the Polish embassy.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm playing golf today too.  This doesn't bother me at all.  In fact, I prefer it when he plays golf.  Means he's not screwing us for four hours out of his day.  That's a step up from business as usual.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pick your battles carefully.  This isn't one of them.

FIGHT ALL THE BATTLES.

It's what the Left did to Bush on EVERYTHING, from pretzels, to putting.

Yes, they did.

So we should model ourselves off those dipshits?

If we want to win?  Hell yes.

If we want to lose with honor like McCain did?

Be my guest.

Win what?  The award for mindlessly irrelevant and utterly nonsensical political distractions?  Making themselves look like a bunch of fools and poor, whining losers?

Good luck with that.  There's better things to bash O on.
I'm betting you don't bash "O" on much.  You've been around awhile, unless this is some troll account, and have posted more prolifically just in the last few minutes, than ever before.

Why spend so much energy trying to get someone to stop criticizing someone who obviously has some vulnerability on the issue?

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Win what?  The award for mindlessly irrelevant and utterly nonsensical political distractions?  Making themselves look like a bunch of fools and poor, whining losers?

Which political party currently occupies the White House and has the mojority in both houses of congress?

The "bitch about everything" plan worked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So what, he is playing golf instead of sitting on his ass surfing the web?

Who cares?

I'll take him on the golf course over thinking up more bullshit to fuck the American people with, to be honest. I hope he plays golf every fucking day all day.

Agreed, and if he did that, I would bash him constantly for being such a worthless POS that he is actually doing MORE for America by losing a sleeve of Titleists on every hole than actually attempting to think outside of himself.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Oblamba is a Kenyan born Mohamed worshiper out to cripple America
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't defend him.  Nitpicking at everything he does is a waste of my time.  Just pointing out what every news outlet including Fox said last night as to why he didn't attend the funeral.

Golf, the other thing to do on a Sunday.
I seem to remember an interview or 2 where he answered:
I'm a Christian, my family and I will select a church once we are in the WH.
Forget that he was already a senator and had a place in DC.

Not judging, just pointing out that he needed a few Christian votes and well...

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which political party currently occupies the White House and has the majority in both houses of congress?

But...but...we have to take the High Road!  

Queensberry rules 'ol chap!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which political party currently occupies the White House and has the mojority in both houses of congress?

No it didn't.  They looked like idiots, and you will too.  But be my guest though.

The republicans lost for other reasons.  Bush abandoned the core principles (small, limited government and fiscal responsibility) and seriously damaged the republican brand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it didn't.  They looked like idiots, and you will too.  But be my guest though.

The republicans lost for other reasons.  Bush abandoned the core principles (small, limited government and fiscal responsibility) and seriously damaged the republican brand.

true in many respects but he had to fight a war also
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I saw this on Drudge and it's crap like this that give conservative a bad name.  He couldn't fly there because of the GIANT cloud of ash covering most of northern Europe.  Who cares if he went golfing?  It's not like he blew off the funeral to go play 18 holes with Tiger or something.

I personally despise Obama but stupid articles like this only make Conservatives look like buffoons.....I'm sure it will be on the Daily Show tonight with Jon Stewart making us look like morons because some stupid website made a big deal of him going golfing when he couldn't even fly to Poland due to an act of God.

nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
When I see people on here bitching about the President going golfing when he couldn't go to a funeral because of a volcano, I have to check my address bar to make sure I am not viewing cached copies of DU from 2000 to 2008.  

God, it's embarrassing how whiny and petty Conservatives are when the democrats have the White House.

What will it be tomorrow?

"Did you see what Obama had for breakfast?  He had eggs!  EGGS I TELL YOU!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When I see people on here bitching about the President going golfing when he couldn't go to a funeral because of a volcano, I have to check my address bar to make sure I am not viewing cached copies of DU from 2000 to 2008.  

God, it's embarrassing how whiny and petty Conservatives are when the democrats have the White House.

What will it be tomorrow?

"Did you see what Obama had for breakfast?  He had eggs!  EGGS I TELL YOU!"

Yes, because the Dems weren't petty and whiny when Bush was in office.

I'm saying he at least should have gone to the Embassy and signed the book.  Instead he played yet another round of golf.

Even the Poles see this as a snub, not just "whiny and petty Conservatives".
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw this on Drudge and it's crap like this that give conservative a bad name.  He couldn't fly there because of the GIANT cloud of ash covering most of northern Europe.  Who cares if he went golfing?  It's not like he blew off the funeral to go play 18 holes with Tiger or something.

I personally despise Obama but stupid articles like this only make Conservatives look like buffoons.....I'm sure it will be on the Daily Show tonight with Jon Stewart making us look like morons because some stupid website made a big deal of him going golfing when he couldn't even fly to Poland due to an act of God.

nailed it.

The point of the article is flying over your head like the Ash cloud.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe plans were cancelled because of the volcano ash being bad for airplanes.

So going golfing is Plan B?

Hey as long as fuctard is golfing he isn't doing anything to further us through our downward spiral.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Joe six-pack, LaTonya welfare queen, and the 20-something pothead Jon Stewart watchers  sat down and carefully examined the economy and the size of the gov't before choosing the best candidate.

To discount the effect 8+ years of non-stop Bush bashing had on the general population is........ dumb.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree that he should have gone to the embassy at least, but all you guys crying about "He's played a million times more golf than Bush!!1!".. good lord. Maybe Bush just hates golf.

How many times has Barry flown down to his Texas ranch? That's what I thought.

I didn't love or hate Bush, I voted for him but ended up disappointed. Hate everything Barry O stands for. Doesn't mean I don't attempt to maintain objectivity..  there are a million other things to hate him over.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIGHT ALL THE BATTLES.

So what were you saying when Bush was golfing after 9/11?

I think both of them were acting "stupidly", but the hypocrisy around here gets old.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#24]
He has played more golf in 1 year than george bush played in 8. 32 rounds vs 24. fuck obama. whats even worse is he sucks at golf (youtube his swing, its horrible)
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

FIGHT ALL THE BATTLES.

I think both of them were acting "stupidly", but the hypocrisy around here gets old.

I wasn't paying attention to that kind of thing, but the Left certainly was.

If they want to make Presidential Golfing a huge fucking issue, then I say: Let's do it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am more worried about the airplane...

A small price to pay...

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

FIGHT ALL THE BATTLES.

I wasn't paying attention to that kind of thing, but the Left certainly was.

If they want to make Presidential Golfing a huge fucking issue, then I say: Let's do it.

Bush quit playing because of dead service members families. NOT the left. He didn't want the families seeing their dead coming home while the Commander in Chief was playing golf.

He was talking on the golf course about the war and then when he was through said "Now watch this drive" He saw it on TV and decided to quit playing.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#28]
The more time he spends playing golf, the less time he spends fucking up our country.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Poland is a white, christian country. obungo couldn't find any muslims to give his ass to.   after scrapping the Polish/Czech missile
defense system they are probably glad he didn't show up.  Super Kenyan does not like white people
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I gotta admit, I was hoping the Kenyan bastard would fly through dense ash cloud and fall out of the sky like the buzzard turd he is.  But, it'd be shame to loose a good crew and fine aircraft.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Who was in the foursome with him -  the Russian ambassador?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top