BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The owner of ar-15.com has NEVER been a member of this site much less ever posted on this site. Who looks like a douchebag now?

the owner of ar-15.com is BANNED MEMBER -FOX-.

So...  who looks like a douchebag NOW?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is the ar-15.com dork?

+1.  Who was it?

Just a guess:  IFRconditions

Well whoever it is, he is a douchebag.  Sorry if the personal attack violates the COC.

Has it honestly been determined if IFR is a real members screen name here or just a troll account for these things?  I haven't seen much, if any, of his posts in the past.  Not making any accusations, just wondering.  Someone else voiced that concern earlier.

The owner of ar-15.com has NEVER been a member of this site much less ever posted on this site. Who looks like a douchebag now?

Back on topic glad the swat team took this POS out.

Yeah.  I guess I look like a douchebag for asking who might posted the statements whether he is a member of this site or not.  You got me good on that one.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't be ironic?  We get the thread locked over something not even related to the original subject.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to burst your bubble but I know the owner and he has never been a member of this site.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
wow
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My view on that is simple, the cop acted like a jerk and the kid was trolling for cops to act like jerks...

The kid is a POS and so was the officer.  Simple stuff.  

Just about like the paparazi that try to instigate fights with celebs and get it on tape to paint them as violent for $$$

Both are in the wrong.  

And some things in life are amazingly consistent....
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the articles posted actually did mean to prefer to us here at arfcom, but I wonder if they accidentally inserted the hyphen?

Yes--they have a hotlink back to the thread here.  

Is it time to kill the thread then?
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]
deleted b/c it's not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to burst your bubble but I know the owner and he has never been a member of this site.
I'll take your word for it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is the ar-15.com dork?

+1.  Who was it?

Just a guess:  IFRconditions

Well whoever it is, he is a douchebag.  Sorry if the personal attack violates the COC.

Has it honestly been determined if IFR is a real members screen name here or just a troll account for these things?  I haven't seen much, if any, of his posts in the past.  Not making any accusations, just wondering.  Someone else voiced that concern earlier.

Back on topic glad the swat team took this POS out.

I'm guessing that would be you since the link was to this site and not the hyphenated one.

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the articles posted actually did mean to prefer to us here at arfcom, but I wonder if they accidentally inserted the hyphen?

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, it did beat the airplane on a conveyor belt thread.  This one hasn't turned into a +1 thread yet.  Fresh news is still being introduced on Pg 83 for God's sake.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because of this video, somewhere on the "thin blue line" forums are likely threads titled "Where can I get a 2.4 GHz jammer?"  and "How do I spot civilian dashcams?"

That would be illegal under FCC rules.

www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4355

now back to page 82 to keep reading..  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I quit reading this 40 pages ago.....but had FedDC or JIA showed up yet?

I know it isn't locked, so I assume they haven't posted yet.....

From another thread:

Quoted:
My view on that is simple, the cop acted like a jerk and the kid was trolling for cops to act like jerks...

The kid is a POS and so was the officer.  Simple stuff.  

Just about like the paparazi that try to instigate fights with celebs and get it on tape to paint them as violent for $$$

Both are in the wrong.  

Wowzas...ding ding ding...we have a winner.  FedDC speaks the truth.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it time to kill the thread then?

No--if you follow it you will see they specifically mention we did NOT support the officers and their bad conduct.  It was actually a bit complimentary of this place.  I just don't like that kind of exposure.  

It might be time to have a talk with the member who's comments got us the press though...
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it certainly was a reasonable assumption, given the facts that

(a) The homepage of AR-15.COM takes a few potshots at ar15.com - calling it poorly designed and operated - which seems unecessary, but is entirely consistent with the kind of attitude by people who get banned from this site.

(b) It is not uncommon for bitter, former members who get banned, to try to set up their own "imitation" webpage to compete with ar15.com.

So while HunterCO may be correct (which I assume he is, since he apparently knows the owner of AR-15.COM), it wasn't an unreasonable assumption on Deej86's and others' part.

Either way, let's stop derailing the thread over a typo in the news article.  Apologies for my own contributions to taking this thread off topic.

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#19]
This is like a cat  and mouse game.  They said he said.  Who knew LE's could be eThugs on their own forum.  Corse you would think they would know better considering its a public forum.

I wonder whats taking so long to find out what the fate is of the MrKlingon, maybe hes on his happy pills now to keep him calm.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I think ar-15.com user name is "Tool"

For those users that posed the question: No, we never were, are, or will be a part of "arfcom" or any of its "affiliates". The poor design and operation behind that site, coupled with the lack of an advanced, well organized firearms site anywhere on the Internet is what in part, eventually gave birth to AR-15.COM. This is not a "hobby site" or one that is being developed from mom's basement. It is intended to be a serious site to aid firearm enthusiasts.

Got to admit...it was a good, calculated paragraph to publish. Knowing ar15.com has over 100,000+ registerd users.. It draws negitive attention from all of us non serious enthusiats who are trapped in our mothers basement...It draw attention. He took a play right from moveon.org...all press is good press.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#21]
wow.. this is a thread that keeps on giving..

so is anything going to happen about the cop that states he will "see" the non existent gun and fire on the kid.. ?

or is everyone gonna let that one roll away?

I somehow doubt IFRconditions is dumb enough to return to this thread  .. < remember he is forward deployed in a combant enviroment .. whats it called..? Camp STL ? >

will the media that that finds this thread pls look into the threats made against this young man?  seems thats the only way to deal with the Auth in that area..    oh and a dashcam .

or will investagating the threats against the young man be called baiting also by the area cops?  

edited again cause i suck at speeling
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What I want to know is, where can I get a dash cam?  

I asked that earlier and had this one recommended to me.

ChaseCam

Seems a lot more reasonable than the $5000 option over at Galls

OR

You could take another lesson from this video -- that the audio is worth more than the video -- and go buy a small, digital or tape recorder.  Just stick it in your front pocket or the visor of your car if you ever have an encounter you want to record.

That's my plan, at least.  Cheaper than the camera system and just as effective.

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good, they can see the asanine posts by IFR saying STL=Iraq.

someone printscreen them before he editeds them... then post them right back in the thread.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone printscreen them before he editeds them... then post them right back in the thread.  

hey have been quoted, so even if he edits them they are still there.

but.. but  a print screen looks better on the news...  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey have been quoted, so even if he edits them they are still there.

I don't think that works anymore.  I could swear I saw something edited and then looked below and it was edited in the quoted portion.  Maybe that is only when the mods or staff edit something?
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My exact thoughts , it will tank like so many others have.
"Well, it certainly was a reasonable assumption, given the facts that

(a) The homepage of AR-15.COM takes a few potshots at ar15.com - calling it poorly designed and operated - which seems unecessary, but is entirely consistent with the kind of attitude by people who get banned from this site.

(b) It is not uncommon for bitter, former members who get banned, to try to set up their own "imitation" webpage to compete with ar15.com.

So while HunterCO may be correct (which I assume he is, since he apparently knows the owner of AR-15.COM), it wasn't an unreasonable assumption on Deej86's and others' part.

Either way, let's stop derailing the thread over a typo in the news article.  Apologies for my own contributions to taking this thread off topic.

"
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit: "I myself am not a member of the Police union" means the union stuff isn't directed at sherrick13.

I"ve seen police unions protect good cops, but the sad thing is I've seen them try to protect cops that have done worse that Sgt. Badass on the vid.

And with video that was just as, or more, damning. Numerous times. At that point, it's not individual cops, it's politics.

If we are going to go on Bama's premise that the police are a reflection of the community, then I think we can safely say the police union is a reflection of its members.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#30]
14 pages to lock!
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I wont be surprised if more corruption is found besides Chief Quicky17 and Sgt. Happypills.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#33]
So apparently there are many police in the St. Louis area who want to harass and attack the guy who shot the video.  Interesting.............

Quoted:
Death threat against Brett Darrow

link

Missouri: Cop Website Contained Apparent Death Threat Against Video Vigilante
Unofficial website popular with Saint Louis, Missouri police contained a death threat
against Brett Darrow three months before his recent encounter.
................... that he cannot enforce the law, and are cause for
discipline."
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit: "I myself am not a member of the Police union" means the union stuff isn't directed at sherrick13.

I"ve seen police unions protect good cops, but the sad thing is I've seen them try to protect cops that have done worse that Sgt. Badass on the vid.

And with video that was just as, or more, damning. Numerous times. At that point, it's not individual cops, it's politics.

If we are going to go on Bama's premise that the police are a reflection of the community, then I think we can safely say the police union is a reflection of its members.

Do you disagree?
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh boy! his is turning into another epic arfcom legend.

Let's just hope that lootie doesn't find the officer and take his picture and post it in this thread.

I think that the entire universe would implode!
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Oh boy! his is turning into another epic arfcom legend.

Let's just hope that lootie doesn't find the officer and take his picture and post it in this thread.

I think that the entire universe would implode!

Worse yet, imagine what would happen if the officer shot a pit bull and then went home and made chili with beans in it.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Another CopTalk user referred to a discussion on the online forum AR-15.com by saying:

"I have a discussion going on another board where someone is basicly [sic] calling me a
liar. The retards have even invited Brett to join to tell his side of what he does."

Gee, I wonder who said that, and who they were refering to?

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Now that there's death threats against Brett, and more cops threatening to harass him, it's time to get the FBI involved.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

I do.

Police should establish and keep their own high standards regardless of the standards/ethics of the communities in which they serve.

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another CopTalk user referred to a discussion on the online forum AR-15.com by saying:

"I have a discussion going on another board where someone is basicly [sic] calling me a
liar. The retards have even invited Brett to join to tell his side of what he does."

He hasn't been back lately, maybe his FSB was overrun by the St Louie insurgents.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Up until this point, I've stayed out of this thread and I will also admit that I stopped reading this thread around page #20 or so. However, with all that said, I have several points that I want to make:

1) The darrow kid was trolling for loose cannon cops. To deny this is naive at best and dishonest at worst. As fortune and fate would have it, he struck pay dirt. Big time.

2) In spite of point #1 above, the kid may very well be justified in his actions especially if he's been on the receiving end of various physical threats from SOME of those who work on the thin blue line. I'm not anti-cop and I don't make a habit of trolling in JBT/anti-cop threads. However, there appears to be a decent amount of evidence to indicate that, at the very least, there are a limited number of loose cannon cops who are currently working in the Saint Louis area. They need to be found and weeded out of law enforcement once and for all.

3) The cop that lost his cool was wrong and he shouldn't be allowed to work in ANY capacity in ANY law enforcement agency ANYWHERE in this country. Period.

4) Granted I'm not a cop (and never have been), but cops in general shouldn't be intimidated by non-leos with cameras. If you're an honest, ethical and professional individual then you don't have anything to really worry about. If someone challenges a traffic stop then, if you did your job correctly, the videos (both leo and non-leo videos alike) should be able to aid your case even in the face of cross-examination in a court room somewhere. If you have something to hide during a stop then I would take that as a gigantic warning sign. Videos don't lie so why hide if you're an honest individual? I'm not arguing that cameras should be everywhere and that we should always have "big brother" watching us. However, during a traffic stop, cameras shouldn't pose a problem and, again, this applies to both leo and non-leo cameras.

5) Finally, if I was a defense attorney in the st. louis area, I would be salivating over this case and I would make every effort to get in touch with the darrow kid. I would also make every attempt to investigate why all of this video taping hoopla began in the first place. In this case, the backstory involving darrow and the local cops is just as relevant as the out-of-control-cop story that started this thread in the first place. Somewhere in the backstory, you're bound to find the original domino that first started all of this mess. IMO, that's a very important domino and finding it may (or may not) actually end up helping the police more than it hurts them. That would depend upon all of the circumstances that would be related to the original domino.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I wonder who said that, and who they were referring to?

He hasn't been back lately, maybe his FSB was overrun by the St Louie insurgents.  

I don't think it was IFRconditions, and I'm pretty sure I'm who the person was complaining about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah, I called him a liar before you did!
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I wonder who said that, and who they were referring to?

I don't think it was IFRconditions, and I'm pretty sure I'm who the person was complaining about.

I was positive it was our buddy in the St. Louis warzone.  Why would you not think it was him?
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Bah, I called him a liar before you did!

Liar!

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I was positive it was our buddy in the St. Louis warzone.  Why would you not think it was him?

Naming the person who I think it was would probably put me way to close to the CoC, and/or get this thread locked. Suffice to say, I don't think it was IFRconditions. I could be wrong, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#48]
FYI

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1967.asp

Edited the AR-15.com

it is now the proper AR15.com as it should be.

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I agree with the FBI involvment now that DEATH THREATS have been issued, seems that the Haji LEO's in E. St louis are mighty with the force.

The good Ol' boy mentality of the mass majority of LEO's is something that needs to be dealt with, it resembles organized crime!
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Death threat against Brett Darrow

link

Am I the only one who isn't surprised at all that someone posting on the
St. Louise area police forum is objecting to Brett telling his side of things?
Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top