Page / 42
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Up since 4 am , for no reason
View Quote
BT,DT: Up and solidly awake at 3:30.
Visit to bathroom even though it wasn't needed.
Repeat again at 5:30 and 7:45 AM.

A short nap before going to work helped that day.

If I got a total of 6 hours of sleep that morning I'd be surprised.

X Ambassadors – Free & Lonely
Free & Lonely - X Ambassadors
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A big part of the reason for the rise in diagnosis for things like anxiety and adhd is that they have gotten better at detecting and diagnosing it. adhd was extremely undiagnosed in girls for the longest time as they tend to be primarily inattentive presentation. They wont be the kid jumping up and disrupting the class, they'll be the kid lost in their own thoughts.
Autism is often blamed on things like vaccines and advocates for this are quick to point to the increase in autism cases and the increased use of vaccines. There used to be autism, asperger's and a couple other disorders that used to be considered separate however those are all now rolled into one blanket "autism spectrum disorder" catchall. Because of the broadening of the diagnosis criteria for ASD, it appears like there are more kids being affected by it when in reality the term autism is now used to cover a wider range than before.

View Quote

You mean to tell me that science and medicine has advanced over the last several decades?

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

BTDT 2ish weeks ago

Less than 4000 miles and I have a plugged tire
View Quote
"good as new"
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why do you hate science??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vitamin D, C, Zinc, or just lay out in the sun all day.  I know I felt better pretty quick after taking Hydroxychloroquine.  

Why do you hate science??
Because I'm not a very settled person.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#7]
housing market starting to tank...
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Work smarter, not harder

Or just don't work at all.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif

We could party together
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A big part of the reason for the rise in diagnosis for things like anxiety and adhd is that they have gotten better at detecting and diagnosing it. adhd was extremely undiagnosed in girls for the longest time as they tend to be primarily inattentive presentation. They wont be the kid jumping up and disrupting the class, they'll be the kid lost in their own thoughts.
Autism is often blamed on things like vaccines and advocates for this are quick to point to the increase in autism cases and the increased use of vaccines. There used to be autism, asperger's and a couple other disorders that used to be considered separate however those are all now rolled into one blanket "autism spectrum disorder" catchall. Because of the broadening of the diagnosis criteria for ASD, it appears like there are more kids being affected by it when in reality the term autism is now used to cover a wider range than before.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm curious if there's any correlation between number of shots kids are given and a rise in various issues.  Sort of like the sudden surge in peanut allergies.  I know, it's not causation.  

When is a diagnosis so broad that half the population has something?  I guess it helps sell pills.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit was crazy inflated anyways.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

yep.  ive got my eye on a couple but im not paying $75-100k over what they should be.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Ima stick my dic in you then
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When is a diagnosis so broad that half the population has something?  I guess it helps sell pills.  
View Quote

It definitely does for those who are having to function in a government school setting. For those on the milder end of the spectrum, alternative education settings and styles can be very helpful at achieving education goals without resorting to popping pills.

The brain is a very poorly understood organ, and there are as many different ways brains work as there are appearances, and that functionality can vary based on both genetics and environmental inputs (nutrition, nurturing, trauma, toxins, etc.) just like appearance. But everyone wants a quick fix , so pills it is!
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Yay working from home for 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It wouldn't surprise me if that played a role in things like allergies or autoimmune issues.
I dont think they know what causes JRA yet and it seems like any suggestion of looking into the correlation between allergies/autoimmune issues and vaccines gets immediately grouped in with the tinfoil hat stuff.
View Quote

Not much different than the horrible stigma attached (for decades) to mothers who chose to breastfeed over usin formula. Characterized as dirty, uneducated poors and science deniers who refused to do what was best and right for their babies because of some stupid hippy nonsense. Didn’t trust that science could make a superior baby food than dirty old nature.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#36]

I have enough Malort and Bourbon to survive.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Parents tried pills for me when i was in gradeschool. Ritalin helped but moving to a school with smaller class sizes and teachers that gave a shit helped more, went off ritalin shortly after. Wasn't until recently that i started taking prescription stimulants again.
View Quote
Well, with what we're living through...
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Dark roast coffee from Ollie's.  Decent stuff.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
The darker Malort wasn't terrible, that lighter stuff though. Hot garbage juice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time was 2007

How’d everyone’s 2008 go?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It wouldn't surprise me if that played a role in things like allergies or autoimmune issues.
I dont think they know what causes JRA yet and it seems like any suggestion of looking into the correlation between allergies/autoimmune issues and vaccines gets immediately grouped in with the tinfoil hat stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a discussion to be had about overloading potentially hyperactive immune systems and what that does when activated by multiple immunizations in very short timeframes.

It’s why we are huge proponents of spreading them out over a much loner time period.

Do not question the settled science, Citizen!
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Didnt know that was a thing

not surprised that it was, but didnt know.
When was that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much different than the horrible stigma attached (for decades) to mothers who chose to breastfeed over usin formula. Characterized as dirty, uneducated poors and science deniers who refused to do what was best and right for their babies because of some stupid hippy nonsense. Didn’t trust that science could make a superior baby food than dirty old nature.

Didnt know that was a thing

not surprised that it was, but didnt know.
When was that?

Probably in the 60’s or 70’s when science was becoming the new religion
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The darker Malort wasn't terrible, that lighter stuff though. Hot garbage juice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn’t cure Covid, but it tastes like it should
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top