Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not unless you are a real conehead.

If you have any smarts at all you will eventually get tired of being wired up all the time and at least take a break.

The ones you have to really worry about go totally nuts with it from day one.  There's not much hope for those people.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Nothing like the smell of someone cooking Meth in the neighberhood

Atleast  meth eventually kills or extremely shortens the life of the loser user .

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It's getting so you can't go into the woods for fear of walking up on some cookers, and lately the new technique is to break into someones home.....not to steal, but to use their home as a cook site while they're gone.

We've got mobile meth sites in cars, people cooking in MOTEL rooms, (like they think no one will notice).

The last police shooting locally was two cops shot and wounded when a better class motel called about "odd" smells in a room.
When the two cops entered the room, the cranker grabbed a gun and started shooting, wounding both cops.  
They returned fire, and basically turned the cooker into a sieve.
His girl friend claimed she was shocked, SHOCKED to learn meth was being cooked, (as she stumbled over the works, coughing from the fumes).

These people let their kids play in the chemicals, have NO concern for the neighbors, and in general are polluting the whole area.

A year or two ago, all the nice families on the interstate were treated to a human fire-ball running down the highway.
Two cookers were returning home with a big jug of stolen anhydrous ammonia and some other chemicals when they blew up.

The fire ball runner survived for a few days in agony, and his partner never got out of the car.

These days farmers and dealers CANNOT leave a tank of anhydrous unguarded or they'll steal it, often leaving the valves ready to burn Hell out of the first unsuspecting person to get near it.

In the small towns, half of the police chiefs and sheriffs have been arrested for dealing, and the local paper usually devotes most of an inner page to people arrested, convicted, indited, and dead from meth and meth deals gone bad.

In all the Wal-marts, you can only buy limited amounts of sinus medicine, because the cookers were stripping the shelves as fast as they could stock them.

Houses blow and burn, kids are getting sick from the chemicals they just dump wherever, and they steal everything in sight to fund their habits.

You go into your own woods, or a State park, and you get confronted by some thug protecting a cooker. (There's a little less of this for locals.  The crankers know better than to try to stop most locals......WE own guns).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If I was out riding quads in the woods and came upon a lab, I am certain I would have to engage.
I feared for my life.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Used in moderation by the right person it is just wonderful.  Be a conehead with it and it will burn you up fast.

Not many sensible people attracted to illict drugs.  Most turn into conehead type users.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to use such crap to start with? I mean any drug is bad, but some are a bit less dangerous and less harmful. So why meth? Is it cheaper? Does it give them a high more intense than other drugs?

Isn't meth also the drug that causes users to feel intensely hot and strip off their clothes in an effort to cool down?

Yep, I just can't figure why anyone would use such shit as that. Idiots!

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Dumb questions, I've read the threads on here about the ingredients and chemisty of the process, but am pretty much sheltered otherwise.

I don't understand the typical scale of the operation - are we talking about cases of cold medicine per batch or just a box?  How long does it take to make a batch, hours, days, or weeks?  What is the normal consumption per user -  does an ordinary lab produce for just one or two people or for 100s of users?

When they are high on meth, is it a stay-put experience or a walking & talking & driving kind of thing?  Other than the missing teeth, sores, and shakes, any other tell-tale signs?  Are these people 24/7 addicts or is a "casual" drug like pot?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got em here too.

Real class acts too.

Wish I had a fast car and a lot of road flares.  And  one really good aim
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
When is the all beneficient all knowing all powerful state going to get a clue???? During the 1920's people went blind from crap alcohol, wow it must the the alkies fault for breaking such a cool law as prohibition! He went blind so the rest of us could live like Muslims! Allah Akbar! The state must've realised that when they prohibited alcohol all you need is sugar water and a piece of bread to make a kind of Gross beer. Did they really think prohibition would work??? Now as to the Meth, Guess what? all it takes to make a meth lab is a few chemicals that can be easily found. They are used for other vital industrial usages. So how do you stop something like that? I know, Police state. Also know that so-called 'Meth' was perfectly legal in this country till the mid-60's. Used like crazy as a diet pill and trucker stay awake pill. But it had the unfortunate side effect of making you "feel good" OH MY FUCKING GOD! BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!!! Did society collapse in the 1950's when Methamphetamine was legal?
Anyhew, The never ending war continues...................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................or does it
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess we're still lucky here in western PA....meth isn't too popular yet, but Heroin is a complete epidemic here.  At least junkies just sit around and nod when they're high and only rob and steal to get more.....but you just don't know w/ a tweaker......................
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The users are very much up and about. They can't stay put. The go on binges for days on end, no sleep. A rather large percentage of the users seem to spiral into heavy use, which is why you see so many of the no-teeth, open sores, skinny types around.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's getting so you can't go into the woods for fear of walking up on some cookers, and lately the new technique is to break into someones home.....not to steal, but to use their home as a cook site while they're gone.

We've got mobile meth sites in cars, people cooking in MOTEL rooms, (like they think no one will notice).

The last police shooting locally was two cops shot and wounded when a better class motel called about "odd" smells in a room.
When the two cops entered the room, the cranker grabbed a gun and started shooting, wounding both cops.  
They returned fire, and basically turned the cooker into a sieve.
His girl friend claimed she was shocked, SHOCKED to learn meth was being cooked, (as she stumbled over the works, coughing from the fumes).

These people let their kids play in the chemicals, have NO concern for the neighbors, and in general are polluting the whole area.

A year or two ago, all the nice families on the interstate were treated to a human fire-ball running down the highway.
Two cookers were returning home with a big jug of stolen anhydrous ammonia and some other chemicals when they blew up.

The fire ball runner survived for a few days in agony, and his partner never got out of the car.

These days farmers and dealers CANNOT leave a tank of anhydrous unguarded or they'll steal it, often leaving the valves ready to burn Hell out of the first unsuspecting person to get near it.

In the small towns, half of the police chiefs and sheriffs have been arrested for dealing, and the local paper usually devotes most of an inner page to people arrested, convicted, indited, and dead from meth and meth deals gone bad.

In all the Wal-marts, you can only buy limited amounts of sinus medicine, because the cookers were stripping the shelves as fast as they could stock them.

Houses blow and burn, kids are getting sick from the chemicals they just dump wherever, and they steal everything in sight to fund their habits.

You go into your own woods, or a State park, and you get confronted by some thug protecting a cooker. (There's a little less of this for locals.  The crankers know better than to try to stop most locals......WE own guns).

All true; sad to say. A few years ago a meth lab find attracted the DEA. These days it is so common that the local LEOs handle it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't tell you how many times meth heads come into the ER saying that they're feeling bad after shooting/smoking/snorting.  If they have nothing else going on, I give them nothing and send them out.  They whine and moan about how bad they feel.  I tell them they're getting their money's worth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to use such crap to start with? I mean any drug is bad, but some are a bit less dangerous and less harmful. So why meth? Is it cheaper? Does it give them a high more intense than other drugs?

Isn't meth also the drug that causes users to feel intensely hot and strip off their clothes in an effort to cool down?

Yep, I just can't figure why anyone would use such shit as that. Idiots!

Someone I knew started using it so he could stay awake to work during the day and party at night. He'd stay up for 3-4 days straight. He eventually started making it and dealing it. Until he got busted.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
The biggest problem we have around here are liquor stores. My town is full of legal, government sanctioned drug dealers. It is a problem.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dumb questions, I've read the threads on here about the ingredients and chemisty of the process, but am pretty much sheltered otherwise.

I don't understand the typical scale of the operation - are we talking about cases of cold medicine per batch or just a box?  How long does it take to make a batch, hours, days, or weeks?  What is the normal consumption per user -  does an ordinary lab produce for just one or two people or for 100s of users?

When they are high on meth, is it a stay-put experience or a walking & talking & driving kind of thing?  Other than the missing teeth, sores, and shakes, any other tell-tale signs?  Are these people 24/7 addicts or is a "casual" drug like pot?

The experience is similiar to having that first cup of coffee in the morning. It WAKES YOU UP. Your amped up and ready to go. Think of a 10 hour adreniline rush. You dont really start getting spaced out until 24 hours, then it really goes downhill from there. After 2 days you'll see little shit (tracers, blurs) and 3 days plus your just FUCKED UP.
But for the first 24 hours you'd just think someone was high strung for the most part, unless their REALLY amped up then you might notice something wrong.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The courts are totally fucked because how can a guy be caught this many times and not be sitting in prison by now?

We do not take violations of drug laws seriously in this country.  Although the editorial board of High Times magazine would like you to believe that prisons are stuffed with guys caught with a dime bag of weed, it's simply not true.

As for methamphetamine. It's a wonderfull drug usefull for treating Chronic fatigue, obesity, ADD, ADHD and low female sex drive. It also has military applications.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to use such crap to start with?

Women like it because it makes them horney and they loose weight.

Men like it becuase it keeps them awake for long 16 hour days driving truck, roofing, or framing.

Plus many ADD/ADHD adults are self medicating with Meth.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I can kinda, sorta understand somebody popping an occasional upper (actual prescription type pills) to stay awake during a long journey or because of working long hours <the law notwithstanding>.....but doing meth, esp the crap that some of these goobers cook up, is downright insane.    

Methamphetamine is not significantly different from the "Go Fast" pills given to US military pilots.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#18]
If you put a little meth in the chamber of your rifle, it'll shoot faster.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can kinda, sorta understand somebody popping an occasional upper (actual prescription type pills) to stay awake during a long journey or because of working long hours <the law notwithstanding>.....but doing meth, esp the crap that some of these goobers cook up, is downright insane.    

Methamphetamine is not significantly different from the "Go Fast" pills given to US military pilots.

That's true, but the pills are made in a clean, controlled environment by people who know what the hell they're doing.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
overheard on a police firing range..."this is more fun than shooting tracer rounds through a meth lab!"...

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's true, but the pills are made in a clean, controlled environment by people who know what the hell they're doing.  

Exactly!  I'd trust something made by a major pharm company waayyyyy before I'd ever think of doing something cooked up by tweaking Jed & Jimbob Conehead in their basement lab (using pool chemicals, stolen ammonia, jack legged cookware, etc).  If Jed & Jimbob had access to the proper chemicals, a clean room & sanitized glass ware, testing equipment for QA purposes & didn't use their own product & weren't tweaking conehead morons then I might trust their product...........if I was inclined to recreational use .  If "Go Fast" wide-awake pills were available over the counter/no script then I might keep a bottle in the med cabinet to use when needed.  A 1/4 to 1/2 of an upper instead of several cups of coffee/Mt Dew & No Doze for those long work days.  Not "lets take a handfull & speed our asses off all weekend just for giggles".      
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If "Go Fast" wide-awake pills were available over the counter/no script then I might keep a bottle in the med cabinet to use when needed.  A 1/4 to 1/2 of an upper instead of several cups of coffee/Mt Dew & No Doze for those long work days.  Not "lets take a handfull & speed our asses off all weekend just for giggles".

+1

Pharmaceutical grade Amphetamine/Methamphetamine is as safe as the majority of prescription drugs when used in therapeutic doses.  5% of the population will abuse narcotics.  Always have.  Always will.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I live in a tiny rural county but it seems this is becoming the friggin meth capital of the world. In a  community of probably 5000 people, there have been countless meth labs busted over the past couple of years. There have been 3 taken down in the past 5 days.

The latest was tonight. This one exploded. The shockwave blew pieces of a storage building up to 500 ft away and the shockwave broke windows of homes in the vicinity. The homeowner was also badly burned in the process and was flown out by helicopter.

This kinda thing is really getting old. I know the only problems we use to have around here was just marijuana. The authorities worked for a decade or so eradicating pot and seemingly making it their priority over everything else. It seems they finally succeeded in shutting down the dope farmers, but something far worse has now replaced it. These meth labs are everywhere. Scary.

People are being blown up, burned and sickened by this crap and it just seems there is all too little that can be done about it. If this many people in such a small community is making this shit, then the number that's using it has to be staggering. The users and dealers/manufacturers both seem equally braindead as well. I know one fella who has been caught like 5 or 6 times within the past year or so. As soon as he gets out of jail, he restarts his lab again. Crazy. The courts are totally fucked because how can a guy be caught this many times and not be sitting in prison by now?

Sorry for the rant, but this crap just so irritates me. Someday I hope some people get a freaking clue.

I am in complete agreement.  However, prohibition didn't work in the 20's and it sure as hell isn't working now.  Only thing is, this time around, the .gov is too pigheaded to admit it and try another path.  As long as there's a market, especially an illegal market, the suppliers and manufacturers will continue to come out of the woodwork ad infinitum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to use such crap to start with?

Women like it because it makes them horney and they loose weight.

Men like it becuase it keeps them awake for long 16 hour days driving truck, roofing, or framing.

Plus many ADD/ADHD adults are self medicating with Meth.

All of these things are true and it would be great if manufactured in a controlled enviroment, except for that little problem of addiction. Of course we have the same problem in this country with alcohol its just legal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#26]
It is totally sapping the resources of most narcotics squads. Ours can hardly work and crack, coke, oxy or weed because all they can do is go from lab to lab. It is a hell of a mess.

I HATE FUCKING TWEAKERS! Dangerous individuals.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
When is the all beneficient all knowing all powerful state going to get a clue???? During the 1920's people went blind from crap alcohol, wow it must the the alkies fault for breaking such a cool law as prohibition! He went blind so the rest of us could live like Muslims! Allah Akbar! The state must've realised that when they prohibited alcohol all you need is sugar water and a piece of bread to make a kind of Gross beer. Did they really think prohibition would work??? Now as to the Meth, Guess what? all it takes to make a meth lab is a few chemicals that can be easily found. They are used for other vital industrial usages. So how do you stop something like that? I know, Police state. Also know that so-called 'Meth' was perfectly legal in this country till the mid-60's. Used like crazy as a diet pill and trucker stay awake pill. But it had the unfortunate side effect of making you "feel good" OH MY FUCKING GOD! BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!!! Did society collapse in the 1950's when Methamphetamine was legal?
Anyhew, The never ending war continues...................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................or does it

How many home stills blew up the owners' or neighbors' houses?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Hell, it seems even the snorters, sniffers, smokers and poppers have no respect for tweakers. LOL. That's when you know it's sad. They are universally despised by everyone it seems.

They are also the most inconsiderate of the druggies, since their product contaminates everything it makes contact with and really pollutes up the areas they dump their trash. Not to mention it often goes BOOM. Of course as long as they get their payday and high, I guess they could care less who or what they harm.

Assholes.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Hombrewing of beer and wine is perfectly legal everywhere, but for personal consumption, you can't sell it  but you can give it away for free.  You want legal home methlabs that give away meth to anyone for free?  I don't.  Fuck the tweakers, the methers, the lab scumbags, shoot 'em, hang 'em , jail 'em, doesn't bother me either way.

Quoted:
Well, think about it...

Alcoholic beverages are legal.  Is it legal to have alcoholic beverage production facilities for the purpose of sales to the public "everywhere"?

No.

If "meth" were made legal for use and production as a recreational drug, the production facilities would undoubtedly become much safer as formal production procedures would undoubtedly make it more scientific, safe, and controlled.  Certainly better than a "Mom and Pop" operation doing it half-assed and blowing up neighborhoods.

Sure, you might have some illicit producers just like we have the remnants of moonshine production today.

Legalize recreational drugs.

To paraphrase...

"If a society collapses as a result of the legalization of recreational drugs, do you have society that is worth saving?"

---Steven Greenwald...MISC-L circa late 1990's.

...one of two people in the history of arfcom I have met.

Quoted:
some will doubtedly respond here, "legalize meth!!!" like that's a magic cure or something.  Well think about it, if meth is legal it'd be legal to have legal meth labs everywhere.  If meth is legal but meth labs are still illegal then illegal meth labs will still pop up just like they are now.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hell, it seems even the snorters, sniffers, smokers and poppers have no respect for tweakers. LOL. That's when you know it's sad. They are universally despised by everyone it seems.

They are also the most inconsiderate of the druggies, since their product contaminates everything it makes contact with and really pollutes up the areas they dump their trash. Not to mention it often goes BOOM. Of course as long as they get their payday and high, I guess they could care less who or what they harm.

Assholes.

-CH

Actually, snorters and sniffers generally are doing tweak. You can pop tweak too, its called a gut bomb in some locales. Although, people do snort some weird, weird stuff. Hell, I knew a guy who shot up acid one time... Crazy fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess all those Yuppies who move to the country expecting Green acres are in for a suprise.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I just spoke with some of the guys cleaning up this scene and evidently this was a much LARGER explosion than I even had imagined. One of the local cops told me some ATF guys on scene said this explosion wasn't even comparable if you use "sticks of dynamite" as the comparison.

The explosion took place in a storage building about 30 ft away from the house. The description of the damage is just staggering. This home had a basement with a solid concrete wall/foundation, not block. It cracked the foundation on all sides of the house. It blew the back wall down. It blew every window in the house out. And it knocked every door on the house (inside and out) completely off the hinges. Pieces of drywall were left hanging down on the furniture. There were probably smaller pieces of debris blown up to 500 ft away from the point of the blast. This deputy said the blast may have even lifted the house off the ground!

How two people survived this blast inside the damaged area is beyond me. That house is completely destroyed and will never be livable again. But the guy living there now has 2nd degree burns over 22% of his body. It's really amazing he even survived. I'd say neither he or his wife will ever be able to hear anything again though with that gigantic overpressure.

A neighbor down the road said he had heard a mining company blasting over the Summer just across the road from his house. He said that when this lab went yesterday, the blast was simply unbelievable. He said he never heard anything shake the earth like that before.

This guy must have had a ton of ammonia stored in this building that was set off.

Thank goodness there were no other houses within the blast zone.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Used in moderation by the right person it is just wonderful.  Be a conehead with it and it will burn you up fast.

Not many sensible people attracted to illict drugs.  Most turn into conehead type users.

Dennis Jenkins

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me ?

Are you for real ?

Spoken like a typical druggie loser......... Sheesh

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Charging_Handle----you sure somebody didn't decide to take matters into their own hands with a couple blocks of C-4?  

AoD
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Charging_Handle----you sure somebody didn't decide to take matters into their own hands with a couple blocks of C-4?  

AoD

Well, if they did, they did while the people were home and moving around. LOL. But it sure as hell sounds big. This is the first meth lab around here that I'm aware of the ATF investigating. There have been cops at the scene since before 6 pm yesterday evening. The poor sheriff has been there the whole time. There was some of us who fixed them up some coffee and food and delivered to them a little earlier. Those guys hadn't even been able to get away long enough to eat since yesterday. It's a fairly small department and I suppose there's nobody else available to keep the scene secure.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#36]

There was some of us who fixed them up some coffee and food and delivered to them a little earlier.

Well done!  I'm sure they appreciate it......hard enough cleaning up some methhead's lab, but not having anything to eat.....

AoD
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#37]
If these labs are such a environmental problem someone ought to sick the epa on them.

I live across the street from a creek that runs through a 35 foot deep canyon.  Every once and a while some group of punks would steal a car and push it off the cliff just for kicks.  Most of the time the cops catch these kids, but the laws in this city/county pretty much are useless when it comes to stolen vehicles, the kids are not prosecuted.  One day I noticed a puddle of oil under the upside down trashed car that some kids just dumped.  So I called the cafifornia environmental protection agency on them, since the cops had the kids.  The fines and jail time that they received from the "dumping of environmental waste into a waterway" far exceeded what they would have got from the simple stolen car rap.

Since then, there has only been one more stolen car dumped in the creek, and even that was two years ago.

Just an idea.

-Gator
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Didn't know it was this bad everywhere.. just last week someone in town got busted in a mobile methlab.. and a few months earlier a methlab in a motel not far from my house was busted.. that one organization (EPA?) was there and men in chemical suits hauling vats out.. scarey stuff.

And so why is this becoming so popular?  Because it's easy to produce or somethin' with just household chemicals?

Just that month or two ago was the first methlab bust in our town ever.. and was the 160th or so in the state of PA this year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't know the full chemistry of making meth, nor do I even want to know, but if it involves a combination of chemicals that would be combined for no OTHER reason

Drain cleaners, ammonia, battery acid.. scarey stuff such as that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I have an idea.  (Yes, another one...)

I don't know the full chemistry of making meth, nor do I even want to know, but if it involves a combination of chemicals that would be combined for no OTHER reason,  adulterate the supplies of those chemicals with other chemical additives that are harmless in and of themselves, bukt when combined with the additive you put in the OTHER main chemical,   instantly makes the batch blow, or something else that's equally nasty.      Think "Tannerite additives, self-detonating upon mixing" and you have the right idea.

Introduce these additives into every supply of the main chemicals.   Secretly.

Result:  No meth lab ever actually gets into production or remains in production once the new
chemicals get in.    Beware of flying meth lab bits and pieces.

Ruthless as a bitch,  I know.   That's the beauty of it!

CJ

That would work. Kinda reminds me of the "Soap Chips" program in Vietnam, where our guys would locate enemy ammo dumps and place "special" rounds into their stash. Then when the enemy picked up the ammo and used it, it would explode in their face. It would have to hurt morale if your own weapons suddenly start blowing up in your face.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Introduce these additives into every supply of the main chemicals.   Secretly.

Result:  No meth lab ever actually gets into production or remains in production once the new
chemicals get in.    Beware of flying meth lab bits and pieces.

Ruthless as a bitch,  I know.   That's the beauty of it!

CJ

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

......The authorities worked for a decade or so eradicating pot and seemingly making it their priority over everything else.

It seems they finally succeeded in shutting down the dope farmers, but something far worse has now replaced it. These meth labs are everywhere. Scary.

.......e.

Sometimes the answers are so obvious.

Re-legalize it!.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Actually the EPA does get involved in Meth Labs.  Before that mess is finished Charging Handle there will be at least one EPA agent there telling the S.O. how the STATE will have to clean up the now Hazardous Waste Site that has been created.  Be sure to watch your tax dollars go to work as the haz-mat suit wearing dozer operators show up.  The most that can happen to the home owner/defendant is for the state to 'seize' his property for auction.....Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I know what you mean.  You wouldn't believe how many times meth labs have been shut down even in the KY state prisons.

Right now in the Louisville city limits there are many meth labs setup in hotel rooms and apartments.  It just seems like it isn't a big concern here in Louisville.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Here in TN meth labs are so bad there are regional federally contracted hazmat teams detailed to deal with them.

Meth is so popular because the high is like coke, but you only have to do a few lines as opposed to several grams to be wired all day. It is the poor man's cocaine.

The process for cooking it is vile, and any rational adult who would put that shit in their system is floating at the bottom of the gene pool already.

Those of you that are for legalizing the hard-core "recreational" drugs are fucking idiots. No two ways about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Here's the answers to most of the questions in this thread.

How many cold pills does it take to make meth?
Pseudephedrine allows manufacture of methamphetamine using the "Nazi method," so-called because it was first used by Germany during World War II. The Nazi method produces relatively pure meth very quickly - in about three hours, compared to ephedrine reduction, which takes several days. Kitchen meth labs can produce one to four ounces of methamphetamine at a time. There are 28 grams to the ounce; a gram typically provides four dosages of methamphetamine.
'GOOD' METH: 60% TOXIC CHEMICALS

Labs using the Nazi method require about 680 60mg pseudephedrine tablets to manufacture about one ounce of methamphetamine. About 30 percent of the pseudephedrine is lost in the chemical conversion, which renders methamphetamine that is typically 40 percent pure. According to Drug Enforcement Agency Special Agent Jim Molessa in the Phoenix DEA office, the remaining 60 percent of methamphetamine product is composed of unconverted pseudephedrine and the chemicals used to make the methamphetamine. Those chemicals include such toxic substances as lye, muriatic acid, acetone, and red phosphorous. A home meth maker's "shopping list" for those chemicals would typically include drain opener, driveway cleaner, paint thinner, and match heads.

Methamphetamine is easily and inexpensively made using chemicals bought at local retail stores or chemical supply companies. It takes almost no technical knowledge to make methamphetamine, and home manufacture is increasingly possible due to several Internet sites that include detailed step-by-step "cooking" directions.

And here's why it's so popular. A few trips to the hardware store and the  local Walmart should provide everything you need to make your own shit. Meth Recipes
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Haven't seen or heard about much Meth up here....yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And here's why it's so popular. A few trips to the hardware store and the  local Walmart should provide everything you need to make your own shit. Meth Recipes

... I've seen some strange discussion boards in my life , but this one takes the fucking cake for sure!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Actually the EPA does get involved in Meth Labs.  Before that mess is finished Charging Handle there will be at least one EPA agent there telling the S.O. how the STATE will have to clean up the now Hazardous Waste Site that has been created.  Be sure to watch your tax dollars go to work as the haz-mat suit wearing dozer operators show up.  The most that can happen to the home owner/defendant is for the state to 'seize' his property for auction.....Worth every penny.

If you have a well and are close to one of these operations I think you may want to have your water tested.   This crap eventually has to be seeping into it.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top