User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
But it makes people feel safer.

Until something like the Rodney King riots happen.  Then people rush out to buy a gun only to find there is a waiting period in place.  Most Californians probably don't know there is a 10 day waiting period.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Waiting period:  when you wait that extra second after taking a piss to get the last little bit out lest you piss all over your Khaki pants making a dark brown wet spot...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMO, attempting to defend a completely ungrounded law in anyway is not cool.

Much better than the personal attack.....

Personal attack? What are you talking about? You cry wolf way too often.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
No FTF sales in Kali?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Move.

That's what I did. Got the hell out of that crap ass state. The only thing I miss is the weather. The first time I bought a gun here in TX and walked out with it the same day it felt so weird... but good! Not to mention I now have a safe full of class 3 items that would make me a felon in the "Golden State".

F*ck California

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh,

I am just finishing up a 40 day wait on a consignment pistol.

30 days "pawn hold" to make sure the consignor is not selling a stolen gun.

10 day waiting period.

Fracking fun store closed 20 minutes before I got home from work, now I have to wait until this weekend to pick up my new pistol.

But since the gun is not on the "approved list", it is the only way I can purchase this firearm.

The waiting period, HSC, approved list, DROS and all the other crap are not really supposed to prevent crime. It is about making the purchase of a firearm as invconvient as possible to discourage people from buying guns.

If I was really pissed off to the point where I thought someone needed shooting, I would just drive less then a mile from my house and pick up something off the street, cash and carry.

Or just run them over with my truck

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate the minute I spend filling out the 4473, and the minute the FFL spends filling out his part. At least I don't have to wait on him to make a call.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If ya don't like it, get together with your neighbors, and FIX IT,
Isn't it 'gummint by the peeple, for the peeple'?

Or, run away to a better place.
CA is gonna fall into the Pacific Ocean anyway.

IMHO YMMV

Hey I'm a NRA member and have actively taken part in pro-gun demonstrations in the past (e.g. see CA arfcom forums). I've done my share to help. I have no obligation to stay in this state.

I was born in CA. It was my intention all along to get the cheaper instate tuition and then move after receiving a superb education.
Calif's ed is going down the tubes.  My friend's daughter went to UC Davis to interview for veterinarian school there, all of their equipment is old and outdated. I hope this is not typical throughout the whole state.

Yep, I've done my share of protesting, petition signature gather etc, but now I have to pass the baton to the younger gunners.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is a waiting period?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
HOMER:  Three days?  But I'm angry NOW!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the "waiting period" for a Colt 6920, an FS2000, a PS90, a high capacity magazine?

You make your choices and live with them.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]
This is why you buy from a store that has a range. You can still shoot it during the 10 day wait period, they just can't release it to you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is why you buy from a store that has a range. You can still shoot it during the 10 day wait period, they just can't release it to you.

Seriously? I never knew that, that's pretty fucking awesome.

Wouldn't of helped here, since the FFL I purchased it at has a range that only allows pistol calibers. But definitely good to know for the future.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
be happy its 10!!

it used to be 15!

Yup!

I remember the LA riots. I took about a half dozen of the companies Jr. Executives that I worked with, to my favorite gun shop, so that they could purchase handguns. They had all purchased Beretta 92Fs. They had forgotten about the waiting period. Riot was over and done with, in a few days, with more than a week left from their 'waiting period' to p/u their guns.

I had my handgun & AR15 at work (@ the Corporate office) the next day of the riots. CEO, VPs.. were all hunters & shooters. We even traded (bought/sold) guns openly at work.

Get your CCW in California (if you live in the right county) and there isn't a waiting period. My County Sheriff is practically 'shall issue'.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I hate these stupid waiting periods...

I wish UPS would get the gun here quicker!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
be happy its 10!!

it used to be 15!

Yup!

I remember the LA riots. I took about a half dozen of the companies Jr. Executives that I worked with, to my favorite gun shop, so that they could purchase handguns. They had all purchased Beretta 92Fs. They had forgotten about the waiting period. Riot was over and done with, in a few days, with more than a week left from their 'waiting period' to p/u their guns.

I had my handgun & AR15 at work (@ the Corporate office) the next day of the riots. CEO, VPs.. were all hunters & shooters. We even traded (bought/sold) guns openly at work.

Get your CCW in California (if you live in the right county) and there isn't a waiting period. My County Sheriff is practically 'shall issue'.

Sheriff in this county isn't so CCW friendly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I know what you mean, I get bored wating during the 5 to 15 minutes it takes for the NICS check before I can leave with a gun

5 to 15 minutes? That sucks. No such delays in Texas with a CHL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:52:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
snip.
The law is fucking stupid. Say you were a women and needed a gun to protect yourself from a crazed husband that has threatened your life. You better hope he doesn't act within the first 10 days or your fucked.

Some states have a DV loophole where the chick batteree can get one immediately with court papers.
Read statutes, there's a ton a stuff in them people don't know.

PS - what's a waiting period?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I once had to wait 25min. for my back ground check to clear.

FTF FTW, btw.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#22]
The waiting period in California I actually agree with. It makes sense, in a way.

Consider it a period of time in which you count all the reasons why staying in the state makes up for things like waiting periods and gun bans.

If you're still convinced your in the right place 10 days later, then you get a new gun.

There, not so tough is it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The waiting period in California I actually agree with. It makes sense, in a way.

Consider it a period of time in which you count all the reasons why staying in the state makes up for things like waiting periods and gun bans.

If you're still convinced your in the right place 10 days later, then you get a new gun.

There, not so tough is it?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top