Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I ONLY support gay marriage if BOTH chicks are hawt.  In order for this to be decided, there will be an arfcom poll.  Then, they will get their marriage license.

But if I can't have that then I say just ban fags, who gives a flying fuck about their marriage.  I just don't like THEM.

Wow, kkk maybe. Lets just enslave the blacks because of color. Or enslave people who don't have a BS or higher because they are stupid.

Sounds like a good argument to me.

Maybe we should just let rape of little kids and women go unpunshised because they are not white males.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted no because if we start voting to take away a group of peoples rights, who's next?

Marriage isn't a right. It's a Sacrament. I voted yes. It's the Fags that want to take our guns away.

So then by your definition, anyone who doesn't believe in or practice organized religion shouldn't be able to get married either.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]
They should be able to have civil unions and share similar rights married couples do however I voted that gay couples should not be married as is defined under law.

No on marriage
Yes civil unions
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a 100% states rights issue. The power of marriage belongs to the state, not the federal government and not the people.

With that said I would vote yes on Prop 8. Government should encourage a moral lifestyle. Banning gay marriage does this, and its not like it is preventing guys from taking it up the ass if they want to.

Quoted:
Wow, kkk maybe. Lets just enslave the blacks because of color. Or enslave people who don't have a BS or higher because they are stupid.

Maybe we should just let rape of little kids and women go unpunshised because they are not white males.

This issue isn't even CLOSE to what was done to people of 'color'. To even make that claim is retarded.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They should be able to have civil unions and share similar rights married couples do however I voted that gay couples should not be married as is defined under law.

No on marriage
Yes civil unions

Ok i agree but, if it is not the same thing then they could get tax breaks un like us who get taxed.

Just saying there are good reasons why it sould be exatly equal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a 100% states rights issue. The power of marriage belongs to the state, not the federal government and not the people.

With that said I would vote yes on Prop 8. Government should encourage a moral lifestyle. Banning gay marriage does this, and its not like it is preventing guys from taking it up the ass if they want to.

SO the PEOPLE have no say, and the government should just tell us what is moral.

Hmmm, HITLER said that about the jews.

You should think before you type.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Right because we all know that heterosexual married couples are totally moral and would never do something immoral.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This issue isn't even CLOSE to what was done to people of 'color'. To even make that claim is retarded.

I know but so was the original post that I replied to.

Stupid is as stupid does was my tactic.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I can keep my guns and cans. They can sword fight.

I don't understand it, and I don't agree with it, but its their life

Its not hurting me so I will let it happen.

No offense, but its that kind of moral apathy that is contributing to the ruin of our great country.  

How so?

How would allowing gay marriage hurt this great country?

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lets ban divorce also since we're talking about how sacred marriage is... it shouldn't be something that 50% of folks end up breaking.

Funny...is That a theme among homos....as the last thread about prop8 had a sign being carried by a he-she with that exact quote..

I voted for the BAN...I am not a borderline liberal..

Marriage is ONE MAN ONE WOMAN....Period!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SO the PEOPLE have no say, and the government should just tell us what is moral.

The people did have a say, and it was through their representatives in STATE government, along with a ballot at the polls.

maybe it is YOU who should think before they type.

ETA: if the power was with the people such measures would always be unconstitutional, but they're not.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[2nd question:  I can't believe this even has to addressed.  Homosexuality is bad for the nation, bad for communities, bad for individuals.  Maybe you'd have to live in CA to understand how the gay agenda is pushed in every aspect of life here.  

How so?  How is homosexuality bad for the nation?  Again, what effect does it have on you?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people did have a say, and it was through their representatives in STATE government, along with a ballot at the polls.

YOU said it was not up to the people. Your last post says the opposite.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mind unions where you get the SAME benefits as marriage, just don't call it marriage.

Seperate but equal, huh?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU said it was not up to the people. Your last post says the opposite.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[2nd question:  I can't believe this even has to addressed.  Homosexuality is bad for the nation, bad for communities, bad for individuals.  Maybe you'd have to live in CA to understand how the gay agenda is pushed in every aspect of life here.  

How so?  How is homosexuality bad for the nation?  Again, what effect does it have on you?

I have seen only one argument that was bad IMO and it was about adoption. No other agrument has been presented.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF was your agrument clement, or you will just flip flop like obama.

EDIT:Do not help you in this one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
If they don't like it, leave.  The people have spoken and said "DO NOT WANT!"  The world is a big place, Europe will probably take them in.  Maybe they could settle down in the Middle East somewhere...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Ban that nasty shit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a state issue when it comes to the 14th amendment.  

Virginia had a law that banned inter-racial marriages.  It didn't stop black people from marrying, they just couldn't marry white people.  That law was struck down in 1967 as a violation of civil rights.  

Notice the important parts, it was a state law (Virginia) and it didn't deny blacks the "right" to marry, just legislated who they could marry.  Struck down by the Federal court.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If they don't like it, leave.  The people have spoken and said "DO NOT WANT!"  The world is a big place, Europe will probably take them in.  Maybe they could settle down in the Middle East somewhere...

So where sould all us gun owners go, if obama gets his way?

I fail to see your point of the debate.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you not understand the difference between powers of government, state, and people?

Because my argument can never make sense to someone who doesn't understand this basic issue.

If the power belongs to the people - this can never be restricted at any level of government (i.e. rights)

if the power belongs to the state - the federal government cannot control this issue, it must be done at a state or more local level through their elected officials (which can put measures on the ballot depending on state law for how things are ratified)

if the power belongs to the federal government - the feds can control this issue

If the power belongs to the state or federal government they obviously have a say, just through their elected officials, and measures at the polls
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I vote for the govt to butt out of people's personal lives.

This.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not understand the difference between powers of government, state, and people?

Because my argument can never make sense to someone who doesn't understand this basic issue.

If the power belongs to the people - this can never be restricted at any level of government (i.e. rights)

if the power belongs to the state - the federal government cannot control this issue, it must be done at a state or more local level through their elected officials (which can put measures on the ballot depending on state law for how things are ratified)

if the power belongs to the federal government - the feds can control this issue

If the power belongs to the state or federal government they obviously have a say, just through their elected officials, and measures at the polls

Ok your right but I was talking your first statement, that said it was not up to the people, and then your next statement said that it was up to the people because they could vote on the issue.

I never disagreed with the peoples choice through elected officials.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Virginia had a law that banned inter-racial marriages.  It didn't stop black people from marrying, they just couldn't marry white people.  That law was struck down in 1967 as a violation of civil rights.  

Notice the important parts, it was a state law (Virginia) and it didn't deny blacks the "right" to marry, just legislated who they could marry.  Struck down by the Federal court.

Sexual orientation is not a protected class (at the federal level) though, race is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Ban
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Voted to ban, had 2nd thoughts, then support the ban when they started protesting
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#28]
No.

Its none of the government's or anyone else's business who gets married to whom.

And for you "moral decay of society" people, tell me this.  Is their marriage going to make yours mean any less?  Are you going to all of a sudden feel the urge to start banging people of the same sex?  Do you really think legal gay marriage is going to turn other people gay?

Since the answer to all of these is obviously "No,"  Why do you care?  Society is made up of individuals capable of making their own life choices.  And so long as those choices harm no one else, I fail to see how they affect "society" AT ALL.  Morally or otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I would vote to ban. I would also give money and campaign against it. I don't care about marriage being sacred or what ancient books say, it is because homosexuality disgusts me and I believe with the marriage would come a lot of extra garbage that I don't want to see

Gays haven't lost any rights by the way they have always been able to marry someone of the opposite sex, just like I have

By the way the whole "government should stay out of a person's life" is a a great argument in theory but those days are long gone. Government is huge and will always be in the individual's life whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I would vote for them to allow gay marriage.  Maybe its cause I am not super religious, but let people do what makes them happy.  I like to shoot and own firearms, if anyone fucks with that, I am going to be protesting just like they did and fighting for what is rightfully mine.  It's the same concept.  As for morals, plenty of straight, hetero-married people have fucked this country.  I doubt gay marriage is going to make too big of a difference.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but its that kind of moral apathy that is contributing to the ruin of our great country.  

Damn straight, we should all be worrying about how others live their lives, its what made America great!

I thought the whole point of America was that you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me, and I can do whatever I want as long as it doesn't effect you?

Wrong.
Where do you stand on NAMBLA? Doesn't hurt you right?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ban Gay Marriage.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn straight, we should all be worrying about how others live their lives, its what made America great!

I thought the whole point of America was that you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me, and I can do whatever I want as long as it doesn't effect you?

Wrong.

Are you really comparing sex between an adult and a minor the same as sex between two, legally consenting adults?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

National assembly of man boy love association?

There are lots strait men who rape children. Most gays wouldn't think of it because some of them where raped as kids and know how hurtful and horrible it was. And the rest of the gheys think kids are "icky"
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I say ban "Gay Marriage".

Why?

Well, it comes down to semantics.  Words mean things.  If you like cats, but prefer the word "dog", tough shit, it is still a "cat".

Personally, if they want to be united, fine.  I have no issue with that, what they do is their business.

BUT FIND A NEW WORD FOR IT.

It's not "MARRIAGE".  That word is taken, it has another meaning.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#36]
To me, the term "Gay Marriage" is an oxymoron.  You can't be gay and be married to another gay person.  Marriage is a word that has a definition.  I do not support changing that definintion.  I have no problems with gays getting equal rights as normal couples but don't call it marriage.  Call it a civil union.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen only one argument that was bad IMO and it was about adoption. No other agrument has been presented.

Here we go again.

Gay Rights, Religious Liberties: A Three-Act Play

As states have legalized same-sex partnerships, the rights of gay couples have consistently trumped the rights of religious groups. Marc Stern, general counsel for the American Jewish Congress, says that does not mean that a pastor can be sued for preaching against same-sex marriage. But, he says, that may be just about the only religious activity that will be protected.

"What if a church offers marriage counseling? Will they be able to say 'No, we're not going to help gay couples get along because it violates our religious principles to do so? What about summer camps? Will they be able to insist that gay couples not serve as staff because they're a bad example?" Stern asks.

Stern says if the early cases are any guide, the outlook is grim for religious groups.

A few cases: Yeshiva University was ordered to allow same-sex couples in its married dormitory. A Christian school has been sued for expelling two allegedly lesbian students. Catholic Charities abandoned its adoption service in Massachusetts after it was told to place children with same-sex couples. The same happened with a private company operating in California.

A psychologist in Mississippi who refused to counsel a lesbian couple lost her case, and legal experts believe that a doctor who refused to provide IVF services to a lesbian woman is about to lose his pending case before the California Supreme Court.

And then there's the case of a wedding photographer in Albuquerque, N.M.

On January 28, 2008, the New Mexico Human Rights Commission heard the case of Vanessa Willock v. Elane Photography.

Willock, in the midst of planning her wedding to her girlfriend, sent the photography company an e-mail request to shoot the commitment ceremony. Elaine Huguenin, who owns the company with her husband, replied: "We do not photograph same-sex weddings. But thanks for checking out our site! Have a great day!"

Willock filed a complaint, and at the hearing she explained how she felt.

"A variety of emotions," she said, holding back tears. "There was a shock and anger and fear. ... We were planning a very happy day for us, and we're being met with hatred. That's how it felt."

Willock declined to be interviewed, as did the owners of Elane Photography. At the hearing, Jonathan Huguenin said that when he and his wife formed the company two years ago, they made it company policy not to shoot same-sex ceremonies, because the ceremonies conflicted with their Christian beliefs.

"We wanted to make sure that everything we photographed — everything we used our artistic ability for, everything we told a story for or conveyed a message of — would be in line with our values and our beliefs," he said.

The defendants' attorney, Jordan Lorence at ADF, says that of course a Christian widget-maker cannot fire an employee because he's gay. But it's different when the company or a religious charity is being forced to endorse something they don't believe, he says.

"It's a very different situation when we're talking about promoting a message," Lorence says. "When it's 'We want to punish you for not helping us promote our message that same-sex marriage is OK,' that for me is a very different deal. It's compelled speech. You're using the arm of the government for punishing people for disagreeing with you."

In April, the state human rights commission found that Elane Photography was guilty of discrimination and must pay the Willock's more than $6,600 attorneys' fee bill. The photographers are appealing to state court.

In the meantime, they wonder whether all the hassle is worth it and whether they should get out of the photography business altogether.

Georgetown University professor Chai Feldblum says it is a compelling case of what happens in a moment of culture clash. Feldblum, who is an active proponent of gay rights, says the culture and state laws are shifting irrevocably to recognize same-sex unions. And while she knows it's hard for some to hear, she says companies and religious groups that serve the public need to recognize that their customers will be gay couples.

"They need to start thinking now, proactively, how they want to address that. Because I do think that if a gay couple ends up being told their wedding cannot be filmed, five couples will not sue, but the sixth couple will."

And as one legal expert puts it, the gay couples "would win in a walk."

There are plenty of examples for you.  See the part in red.  That's the gay agenda.  

Prop 8 boiled down to whether religious liberties or gay rights trumps the other.  Prop 8 wasn't about whether gays can legally get together and practice homosexuality in peace.  It was about whether gays can legally shove their ideology down the throats of anyone who disagrees with their view on homosexuality.

They don't want to be equal.  They want to be right.  They want homosexuality to be accepted and acknowledged by EVERYONE as being normal and good.  They're willing to force that view on everyone else, First Amendment rights and religious liberties be damned!

The hatred, vandalism and mockery of the "gay rights" demonstrators over the past couple weeks shows their true colors.  They claim to be the tolerant ones, but they are not at all tolerant of opposing viewpoints.  Their hypocrisy seemingly knows no bounds.  That should be readily apparent to everyone.  If I was sympathetic to them before, I certainly wouldn't be now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if any gay/lesbian website general discussion forums have had threads about whether states should institute 'assault weapon' bans, and if the arguments mirror those in this thread.

I know that comparing one's RKBA to the state 'allowing' people to marry isn't much of a comparison; the former being inherent and the latter being a contract that the state recognises, but all the same the argument against in both cases seems to be that it should be banned because I don't agree with it.

Of course, if it's an issue for the people of each state to decide, then they will.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would vote to ban. I would also give money and campaign against it. I don't care about marriage being sacred or what ancient books say, it is because homosexuality disgusts me and I believe with the marriage would come a lot of extra garbage that I don't want to see

Gays haven't lost any rights by the way they have always been able to marry someone of the opposite sex, just like I have

By the way the whole "government should stay out of a person's life" is a a great argument in theory but those days are long gone. Government is huge and will always be in the individual's life whether you like it or not.

That's the spirit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the spirit.

Everyone loves big government when it rules in their favour.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I would vote to ban it. I don't care what gays do in their own homes or in gay clubs etc, and I'm ok with them having equal rights at the hospital, with wills & property etc as far as their partners go and all that.

Out in public is a different story however, it really should be a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. I view gays as the equivalent of swingers etc for the most part. In other words, be gay, just don't go flashing it around in front of the kids in public and acting like it's fine and morally sound. Marriage in the same sense that society reserves for a man and a woman crosses that line.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Lots of tolerance here, and from a persecuted group, no less.  How very, very interesting.

Long as they're not coming after you, huh?

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are plenty of examples for you.  See the part in red.  That's the gay agenda.  

Prop 8 boiled down to whether religious liberties or gay rights trumps the other.  Prop 8 wasn't about whether gays can legally get together and practice homosexuality in peace.  It was about whether gays can legally shove their ideology down the throats of anyone who disagrees with their view on homosexuality.

They don't want to be equal.  They want to be right.  They want homosexuality to be accepted and acknowledged by EVERYONE as being normal and good.  They're willing to force that view on everyone else, First Amendment rights and religious liberties be damned!

The hatred, vandalism and mockery of the "gay rights" demonstrators over the past couple weeks shows their true colors.  They claim to be the tolerant ones, but they are not at all tolerant of opposing viewpoints.  Their hypocrisy seemingly knows no bounds.  That should be readily apparent to everyone.  If I was sympathetic to them before, I certainly wouldn't be now.

So does their gayness make you question your religion? Or your beliefs? If so I suggest you rethink somethings. This sounds like separate but equal to me.

The black slaves wanted to be right as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lots of tolerance here, and from a persecuted group, no less.  How very, very interesting.

Long as they're not coming after you, huh?

Yep, so many members think they are so virtuous that they can deem how other's should live their lives.

It sucks because there are a lot of groups that the Right traditionally rejects, when they could very easily embrace them and Socialism/Democrats would never be a problem again
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the government should get out of the marriage business.  Let the churches do marriages.  Let a marriage count the same as a civil union (or whatever you want to call it) & allow two people to combine their incomes, property, insurance, and take care of each other legally.  I don't care what they call it.  I understand why religious groups are up in arms about it.  There has to be a fair compromise that allows people the legal protections they want, but doesn't harm the perception of marriage.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I am opposed to a ban on gay marriage being a constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sexual orientation is not a protected class (at the federal level) though, race is.

Please highlight the words that provide for protected classes in the 14th Amendment or defines who gets what protections.....

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
no, but don't much give a shit really, probably wouldn't have voted on that

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't care if gays get married.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top