Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey you think this will work on my 22 yo girlfriend?

No actually using it as an excuse since I havent done my shopping yet!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody else got coal as a kid for being naughty?

Geez.

If this is the only discipline the young lady has had, then I'll agree Dad is an ass, but not for witholding the presents, but for witholding the rod when needed.

If she's gotten regular discipline as needed, but got "extra uppity" near Christmas, then she deserved it.

Actions = consequences. Kids learn it when they touch the hot stove quick enough*, but somehow they figure out when Mom or Dad will give a little, and keep working that crack until you've got a valley big enough to drive the QEII through.

(*no, I'm, not suggesting that as a discipline method - I've seen it too many times on the FD)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I see the results of the opposite style of parenting in my classroom every year.

Good job to your friend
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey you think this will work on my 22 yo girlfriend?

works better...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top