Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's funny how people went from circle jerking over a holster to calling it crap.
View Quote

It's GD and threads tend to "evolve" that way.

If this lasts several more pages the fapping over the holster will resume.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry a USP in a SERPA OC sometimes. But I did throw it down the driveway first...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Safariland ALS for the win.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
This past weekend I went to walmart three times in 3 days for fishing gear each time I saw at least three guys open carrying guns. All were big dudes with arm tats and they were all carrying in cheap uncle mikes holsters a variety of revolvers and auto pistols.

Not my thing but if that's how you want to roll go for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My only experience with an "open carrier" was some dude who walked into my store with an empty serpa paddle holster on his hip.

I asked him if he had problems with the holster and clownshoes ensued. The holster was for an XD cause he was proclaiming the virtues of the retention system of, his serpa, and the grip safety of his XD. He was all condescending and lecturing which was odd cause his only formal training was a 2000 round front sight class.

Throughout the entire convo I noticed his eyes scanning my waistband area.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just like vegans, they'll tell you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh, I always spot them from the unconcealed gun on their hip.

Wait, over the internet?  I don't know, magic probably

Just like vegans, they'll tell you.

^^^ This.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#7]
For such a short post, why didn't you just post what you wanted to say instead of redirecting us to your blog?

Don't own an XD, but the guys I know who do seem to like them. None open carry, so from my small sample your theory is a bust.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
1911 in a JR custom anyone?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How to spot an anti open carry guy on a gun forum.....

They can't stop talking about open carry.
View Quote
Seems to me the only time you see people talking about OC is when anti OC threads pops up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]
So is the XD crap too

I was going to do a trade for one this weekend
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, your forum must be higher-end than around here.  Just about everyone I see OCing in these parts has a Hi-Point, or maybe a Ruger P-series for the double-wide crowd... stuffed into 3 bucks worth of gunshow nylon.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I have two Serpas for my M&P pistols.

They work well, and I have never shot myself or anyone else.

I very seldom open carry but, I don't mind if you do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#14]

why would you paint a 1911 blue?????1111?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I OC this...

Only at the range... And I still sorta feel like a tool
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I should buy a VEPR-12 for only $799!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Nike or Adidas, Ford or Chevy. Don't make a fuck to me.
GOD forbid someone has gear that isn't popular with the cool crowd.
Oh Fuck, bury my head in shame.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Wait, the USMC adopted the Serpa holster?  Guess I missed that memo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read up here
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Taurus Judge + Cheap Nylon holster
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Read up here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read up here

Well damn, that was a dumb move.  Cost or a greased palm I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP, your forum must be higher-end than around here.  Just about everyone I see OCing in these parts has a Hi-Point, or maybe a Ruger P-series for the double-wide crowd... stuffed into 3 bucks worth of gunshow nylon.  
View Quote

Every time I see someone OC'ing in Northern VA, it's a SERPA.  Haven't ran into the guy that OC's on a Segway while grocery shopping yet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So is the XD crap too

I was going to do a trade for one this weekend
View Quote

XD's are fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nike or Adidas, Ford or Chevy. Don't make a fuck to me.
GOD forbid someone has gear that isn't popular cool crowd.
Oh Fuck, bury my head in shame.
View Quote

Yes, it's all about popularity, not shit breaking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought it was a Hi Point & Uncle Mikes
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I read the blog and all I can do is roll my eyes and think "How to spot a jerk off".
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I read the blog and all I can do is roll my eyes and think "How to spot a jerk off".
View Quote

Clue #1 is that they link to their own blogs to get traffic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So is the XD crap too
View Quote

No. They work well. Better grip angle than a Glock, for me. The trigger is....striker.

The Glock and M&P fanbois seem to dump on it to validate their choices. The 1911 fanbois dump on it, too, but they dump on everything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I guess I'm slow witted, but isn't saying "a serpa is a sign of open carry" the equivalent of saying "The surest sign that a guy has a credit card is that he has a credit card".

I mean, how the hell else are you going to carry a gun in a Serpa, other than OC?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Glock in a Fobus.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No. They work well. Better grip angle than a Glock, for me. The trigger is....striker.

The Glock and M&P fanbois seem to dump on it to validate their choices. The 1911 fanbois dump on it, too, but they dump on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is the XD crap too

They haven't been adopted by any major agency or organization outside of the Croatian army and have design flaws like not being able to rack the slide without depressing the grip safety.  I think they've fixed the problem with breaking the roll pins.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I guess I'm slow witted, but isn't saying "a serpa is a sign of open carry" the equivalent of saying "The surest sign that a guy has a credit card is that he has a credit card".

I mean, how the hell else are you going to carry a gun in a Serpa, other than OC?
View Quote

I've used mine in the winter under a carhartt coat and under bibs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
They haven't been adopted by any major agency or organization outside of the Croatian army and have design flaws like not being able to rack the slide without depressing the grip safety.  I think they've fixed the problem with breaking the roll pins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is the XD crap too

Why is that a design defect?  How is it less safe than racking the slide on a Glock?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why is that a design defect?  How is it less safe than racking the slide on a Glock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is the XD crap too

XD's are a no go for serious use--the inability to retract the slide without engaging the grip safety makes one-hand injured operation very difficult with the XD--this is a deal breaker for me. In addition, in some government tests, XD's (particularly the .40's) have broken a lot of parts compared to other pistols being tested...I'll take a 9 mm Glock or M&P any day of the week over an XD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This past weekend I went to walmart three times in 3 days for fishing gear each time I saw at least three guys open carrying guns. All were big dudes with arm tats and they were all carrying in cheap uncle mikes holsters a variety of revolvers and auto pistols.

Not my thing but if that's how you want to roll go for it.
View Quote

I was thinking the claim would be about Uncle Mikes and various wheel guns, or a Ruger.

I have three XDs and a Serpa.  Ooooo!  

I don't open carry, though.  XD SC sits in a Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#37]

As an XD owner, who has practiced a lot of one handed (strong and weak hand) manipulation, I'm failing to see how this is an issue.  I've never had an issue manipulating it one handed.  Both hands injured?  Yeah, I could see that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Open Carry is in the bible, true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't stop talking about open carry.how they disagree with others exercising their god-given rights because it scares them.

FIFY

Boobolitz 4:13 - yea verily, the shepard of the sheep shalt go forth into the flock of the Lord, and thy shalt wearith thine croatian devining rod of retribution upon thine body within the shell of holy kydex. Though the evils of the world, the neckbeards of Satan congregate at Walmart, the sons the Lord need not fear, as they shall be sheltered by the holy sheepdog. I say verily unto you, woof.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is the XD crap too

XD's are a no go for serious use--the inability to retract the slide without engaging the grip safety makes one-hand injured operation very difficult with the XD--this is a deal breaker for me. In addition, in some government tests, XD's (particularly the .40's) have broken a lot of parts compared to other pistols being tested...I'll take a 9 mm Glock or M&P any day of the week over an XD.

Still not seeing how that's an issue.  Do you need to be able to rack the slide while holding the frame in your teeth by the trigger guard or something?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many would like to be able to rack the slide using a compromised and/or one handed grip.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I generally find most people with blogs are fucking douchebags.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a SERPA holster that I've had since before we knew they sucked.

I use it at home because it's got a paddle, and it's comfortable.  At home.

Otherwise, I have much nicer rigs (but if I OC, it's got to have belt loops, not a paddle).....I have a safariland for that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strongly agreed
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Boobolitz 4:13 - yea verily, the shepard of the sheep shalt go forth into the flock of the Lord, and thy shalt wearith thine croatian devining rod of retribution upon thine body within the shell of holy kydex. Though the evils of the world, the neckbeards of Satan congregate at Walmart, the sons the Lord need not fear, as they shall be sheltered by the holy sheepdog. I say verily unto you, woof.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't stop talking about open carry.how they disagree with others exercising their god-given rights because it scares them.

FIFY

I want to steal that quote!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Many would like to be able to rack the slide using a compromised and/or one handed grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not totally in love with my XD.  However, it's worked without fail for thousands of rounds.  It's reasonably accurate.  It fits my hand and carries well.  

All that said, I like Glocks better.  

However, my wife does not.  She can manipulate the XD better than the Glock.  She shoots it better than the Glock.  I'd rather have a gun that works perfectly, that I shoot well, that can share holster, magazines, etc with the gun my wife carries - than carry a gun I just "like" a little better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

It was one of the first verses I learned as an alter boy at the first national church, car wash and video rental when I was a lad.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#47]
So what's wrong with an XD?

I like my XDM compact  just fine, it's my go-to CC gun.  Decent shooter.  Reliable.  Compact.

Not seeing the derp?

I don't have a Serpa, though...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not totally in love with my XD.  However, it's worked without fail for thousands of rounds.  It's reasonably accurate.  It fits my hand and carries well.  

However, my wife does not.  She can manipulate the XD better than the Glock.  She shoots it better than the Glock.  I'd rather have a gun that works perfectly, that I shoot well, that can share holster, magazines, etc with the gun my wife carries - than carry a gun I just "like" a little better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not disagreeing with your line of thinking, dude.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So is the XD crap too

I guess I have to buy an M&P, then.  I already have an XDM, a Glock, and a 1911.  Must ensure I have something for everyone to hate!

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't always open carry, but when I do it's because my shirt has rode up over my gun.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top