Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Where?  In my short life I can remeber it falling apart in Vn, USSR, Bosnia, Somalia, Rowanda, Iraq.

But we are so different from every other civilization ever, that it could never happen here.  well except for the civil war and revolutionary war...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Go anywere east of the Balkans, subsaharan Africa, Middle East, Colombia with its have and have nots, Brazil and its favelas......it has already started, understand them and you will be ready here.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it collapsed a while back, we just ain't noticed yet.  

As of now we are so paranoid about everything that I believe that soon, all a terrorist will have to do to shut down a city is just call in a threat.  Who needs bombs anymore?  A constant barrage of fakes calls and a few envelopes of talcum powder might be all it takes to shut things down here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the next 25 years will be extremely interesting.

Outlook not so good.

Get preps.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont think it will end. Just look at the history of Europe 1905-1945, that shit was 10 times worse than what we got now! And they are still going. Imagine if America now, was Russia in 1905. This is what the next forty years would look like for us Americans.

2005- America launches a war against a third rate power and is humilated and defeated.
2014- a World conflict starts and america is invaded, we suffer privation ,starvation and lose 10 million people.
2017- A revolution happens and we sign armistace with our enemy in which he takes 15% of our land and makes us pay reperations but at least we'll have peace!
2018- Civil war breaks out, One side called the greens the other is the purples . Also many countries send in "intervention" troops on the side of the Greens. After 5 years and another 5 million dead the purples are victorious.
2023- an internal struggle for leadership occurs in which a total dictator takes over and promises to modernise America (we've fallen behind due to the wars!)
2030- due to bad leadership a famine occurs in which 20 million people starve to death or worked to death in Alaskan "work camps"
2032- world wide depression! The whole world decends in poverty as ecnomic schemes collapse, we switch over to a Command economy to prevent total chaos.
2034- in a paranoid mood the dictator has most of the armies leadership assassinated or sent to Alaska.
2036- during this moment of weakness Mexico invades and claims some of the southwest. The war ends in stale mate, they gain 3% of americas territory. 20,000 soldiers dead, 100,000 Americans forced to either Relocate or become citizens in the new part of Mexico.
2039- In a bid to secure our northern border we attack Canada! We gain just a small part of Quebec before we sign an Armistace, 1 million men killed.
2041- World war III!! America is invaded! By country 'X'. within 6 months 33% of our country is occupied! Newyork is surrounded and they are within 20 miles of Washingtin DC.
We lose 33% of our foodstuffs, 50% of our energy, 40% of our industry and 75 million people are now in 'Occupied territory' being killed or worked to death. BUT through hard fighting (wolverines!!! ) and nerves of steel plus help from allies we beat them back and manage to win the war. Total lost = 20 million men, women and children.

Now that is a shitty history!! And it was what really what happened to Russia, so don't you think we can handle just as much?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Go anywere east of the Balkans, subsaharan Africa, Middle East, Colombia with its have and have nots, Brazil and its favelas......it has already started, understand them and you will be ready here.....

Funny, but that is what the rest of the world outside of Rome and the Chinese empire was like for, oh, 2000 years.

It means we will eventually have to fight them, as Rome had to fight its barbarians.  

The problems of the rest of the world are primarily serving to weaken them for domination by the US.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
How much longer do you think society has before it collapses?

I wish it was tomorrow.    
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lets see...

We kill 1 million babies each year and believe it is okay.

We support gay rights and let pediphiles out of prison.

Vincent Fox can insult blacks and mexicans and gets away with it.

Bush nominates blacks and mexicans for judges and gets called a racists.

The News media believe the word of our enemy over the word of our own Generals.

The Koran is considered a sacred book by the media while the Bible is the root of all eveil.

And finall, here during the war on terrorism the Catholic Church STILL is given a hard time over the autrasities of the Crusades when if we would have succeeded then there WOULD be none islamic terrorist threat today because we were fighting MUSLIMS

So I would say we are pretty close.

SGatr15

+1

I hiding out with Sarge when the shit goes down.  At least he has some dolls we can play with while were hiding..........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
... Society may very well collapse as you know it - but shortly after another will germinate, take hold, sustain itself and the process will repeat itself as long as man walks the earth.

... The sky is always falling - just at varying degrees. The key to surviving and success hinges on how well you can adapt to change.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sad.

I Think that we have been doing pretty good,

we have been to the brink of destruction (WWI, WWII)

and prevailed, then we have little to worry about.

One terrorist attack on american soil and everyone is predicting the end-times?

remember the Y2k bug where the computers were going to kill everyone?

Bunch of hand wringing sissies.

Remember that the rome empire lived on after it collapsed for longer then america has been around.

Don't be a mexicant

be a MexiCAN.

Not directed at anyone on here in particular, but just because the store is out of your favorite beer does not mean society is failing.

+1 Well said...remember, advanced nanotechnology is coming...the world will be a MUCH different place 30 years from now than it is today...hang on, it's gonna be a helluva ride!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Well if you guys say it's gonna end soon, then it must be true  

We really should brush up on our short wave radio skills just incase though.... because if it all falls apart you know Al Gore is gonna pull the plug on the internet. After all, he did invent it.....

Got morse code  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The year the Mayan calendar stops.

Yep, 2012.  Nuts, I don't even get to retire and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
87 minutes!

83 minutes now. I'm going to miss cable and running water the most.

yeah, as in toilets and showers...

sjees
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Lets see...

The Koran is considered a sacred book by the media while the Bible is the root of all eveil.

And finall, here during the war on terrorism the Catholic Church STILL is given a hard time over the autrasities of the Crusades when if we would have succeeded then there WOULD be none islamic terrorist threat today because we were fighting MUSLIMS

SGatr15

I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I dont think it will end. Just look at the history of Europe 1905-1945, that shit was 10 times worse than what we got now! And they are still going. Imagine if America now, was Russia in 1905. This is what the next forty years would look like for us Americans.

2005- America launches a war against a third rate power and is humilated and defeated.
2014- a World conflict starts and america is invaded, we suffer privation ,starvation and lose 10 million people.
2017- A revolution happens and we sign armistace with our enemy in which he takes 15% of our land and makes us pay reperations but at least we'll have peace!
2018- Civil war breaks out, One side called the greens the other is the purples . Also many countries send in "intervention" troops on the side of the Greens. After 5 years and another 5 million dead the purples are victorious.
2023- an internal struggle for leadership occurs in which a total dictator takes over and promises to modernise America (we've fallen behind due to the wars!)
2030- due to bad leadership a famine occurs in which 20 million people starve to death or worked to death in Alaskan "work camps"
2032- world wide depression! The whole world decends in poverty as ecnomic schemes collapse, we switch over to a Command economy to prevent total chaos.
2034- in a paranoid mood the dictator has most of the armies leadership assassinated or sent to Alaska.
2036- during this moment of weakness Mexico invades and claims some of the southwest. The war ends in stale mate, they gain 3% of americas territory. 20,000 soldiers dead, 100,000 Americans forced to either Relocate or become citizens in the new part of Mexico.
2039- In a bid to secure our northern border we attack Canada! We gain just a small part of Quebec before we sign an Armistace, 1 million men killed.
2041- World war III!! America is invaded! By country 'X'. within 6 months 33% of our country is occupied! Newyork is surrounded and they are within 20 miles of Washingtin DC.
We lose 33% of our foodstuffs, 50% of our energy, 40% of our industry and 75 million people are now in 'Occupied territory' being killed or worked to death. BUT through hard fighting (wolverines!!! ) and nerves of steel plus help from allies we beat them back and manage to win the war. Total lost = 20 million men, women and children.

Now that is a shitty history!! And it was what really what happened to Russia, so don't you think we can handle just as much?

Did the Czars have nukes??

BTW. If the mainland is ever invaded. We'll most likley unleash hell.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Let's see:

- The New World Order is the most powerful it's ever been since 9-11

- Bush is a puppet of the World Gov't

- 9-11 was a lie and everyone believes it

One of these days, it's all gonna fall apart
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Lets see...

SGatr15

WOW! This post really nailed it for me. Those are things I think about all the time, but just seeing them all together really puts it in perspective to me. Sad....but SO true.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
2012 when the mayan calender ends!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
+1

I hiding out with Sarge when the shit goes down.  At least he has some dolls we can play with while were hiding..........

I also have 3 month supply of dry goods, 3000 rounds of ammo an live close to millions of acres of forest.

ANd two jeeps......for the GiJoes.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
2 days after they ban bread.

In case you missed it, that joke is officially fucking old now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]
By 2015 There will be between 55 and 70 Million Baby Boomers retiring. If they only pull $1,000.00 each from their retirement  (401k, IRA, ROTH) we are talking $70 Billion a month leaving the stock market. People are putting money back in to the market at the lowest rate since pre 9-11.

These same baby boombers will be pulling between $700 and $1,250 per month from social security. Or an average of another $70 Billion a month. This $2,000 per month is less than their average income, so they will be putting less money into the economy, and NONE of this money will be going back into the stock market or towards social security.

These numbers are fact and are out lined in a number of books, including this one by Harry Dent.

www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0743222997/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-3819154-5004733#reader-link

So my guess is unless we are hit by terrioist REALLY hard between now and then I would give us till 2017 or so, with a 3 year slippage each way.

Also, don't go lying to yourself that another major stockmarket crash, war, etc. is not going to happen.

History DOES repeat its self!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This country will go down the toilet when Spanish speakers outnumber English speakers...

Como? Isn't that already LOL.  In my honest opinion it will be when they bring back to t.v. The A-Team.Then people are gonna follow the show so they can prepare for Armaggedon.

I really hope soon. It will be nice to go back to basics.hy.gif
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, but that is what the rest of the world outside of Rome and the Chinese empire was like for, oh, 2000 years.

It means we will eventually have to fight them, as Rome had to fight its barbarians.  

The problems of the rest of the world are primarily serving to weaken them for domination by the US.

You have a point but Rome did not fall all of a sudden, it was a gradual weakening, the Barbarians were already inside the gates.....BTW have you seen how far the dollar has dropped against foreign currencies, where is the domination? Try Starbucks at Narita in Tokyo Intl. and see if you don't feel like you are coming from a 3rd world terlet.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#25]
A bulldozer just knocked my house down and my neighbor came over with a book and towel.

I have to go to the pub now and drink a few pints. Be back in a bit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This country will go down the toilet when Spanish speakers outnumber English speakers...

Que?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
The way things are happening around the world, 2-10 years tops. Sad but true.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the next 25 years will be extremely interesting.

Outlook not so good.

Get preps.

+1000

You can bet as technology advances, the haves and have nots will widen, as we'll need more low-level manufacturing people and help desk people.  Especially in countries where you can get labor so cheap it ain't funny.  Technology, including information technology, will be our double-edged sword.

Preps for FourStringSlinger, the next 25 years are gonna be interesting indeed.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ænema Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three ring circus sideshow of Freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Fret for your figure and Fret for your latte and Fret for your hairpiece and Fret for your lawsuit and Fret for your prozac and Fret for your pilot and Fret for your contract and Fret for your car. It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will cuz I sure could use a vacation from this Silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim. Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be. Learn to swim. Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones. Fuck all those gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes. Learn to swim. Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos. Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory. Learn to swim. Fuck smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas. Fuck these dysfunctional, Insecure actresses. Learn to swim. Cuz I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Was I married to you once?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ænema Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon.

Was I married to you once?

... Yeah, she was a real Tool too
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Who can possibly say?  I get the feeling that we are headed for some very strange times in the next few decades.  It may be that "alter" is a better word for the future of life as we know it.  Even if we can keep out of some mass worldwide conflagration or somehow prevent it the lives of our children and their children will be will most likely be very different from ours.  

It appears that the days of cheap energy are dwindling.  The economics of unlimited growth will probably implode.  I do hope that in lieu of collapse our society will be able to mutate and adapt to whatever conditions the future holds.  We are a pretty tenacious bunch here in the old US of A.  I like to hold on to my sense of our national grit and keep an outlook that we will rise to whatever hardship and strife that may come with honor and solidarity.  Things are looking right wacky though.

There are so many factors that could be an ignition for unrest that it is hard to say with any degree of certainty what the heck is going to come down.  Racial tensions.  The ever widening gap between the haves and have nots.  Our dependence on oil for just about everything we take for granted in our society.  The extremely unsettling trend to dismantle the Bill of Rights.  The authoritarian nature of the government and the propoganda fed to our kids to obey and eschew thinking.  The militarization of our local police forces...it's a long list.  

Politically we are an extremely divided nation and seem to have lost the ability to discuss differences in an intellectual and civil manner.  It wouldn't surprise me to begin seeing skirmishes between the so called right and left in days to come.  

So, who knows.  I just figure that however it pans out, it is best to avoid the urban and suburban areas like the plague and have a backup supply of food, water and possibles.  

Dang.  My tin foil hat is uncomfortbable.  I think I'll keep it in good repair though.  Kids do the darndest things.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I work with a few older gentelmen(70-80 years old). They say that lots of folks back when they were young were saying the same things, that the world is coming to an end and we are in the end times.

Now they say that all these people are full of shit and when God wants to end it we will never see it coming.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#33]
2 years before the street violence gets going in earnist.

And I'm talking drug cartel sponsered gang violence. They will do things as hold up an entire shopping mall the week before Christmas with 500 to 1,000 gang members. How big a police force do you have to have to contain such a thing??

And then there will be other gang violence sponsered by our asshat friends from Al-Quiada.

And that's just the start.

Lock & load boys. May try to get ijnto a close group of friends to plan out a common defence.  We have.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope it collapses soon.  I've always wanted to be a warlord.  I'll practice my "Derka Derkas" now.

Fuck Yeah!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And I'm talking drug cartel sponsered gang violence. They will do things as hold up an entire shopping mall the week before Christmas with 500 to 1,000 gang members. How big a police force do you have to have to contain such a thing??

And then there will be other gang violence sponsered by our asshat friends from Al-Quiada.

Lock & load boys. May try to get ijnto a close group of friends to plan out a common defence.  We have.

This is a really, really good idea. I'm not suggesting that guys run off and join the Michigan Militia and plan attacks against the nearest Social Security Office , but we should all have a plan to join up with our friends and family should things get weird, and armed citizens have to defend their homes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#36]
In my lifetime, which really sucks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

And why would they do this?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I hope it collapses soon.  I've always wanted to be a warlord.  I'll practice my "Derka Derkas" now.

Fuck Yeah!

Derka derka Jihad?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a really, really good idea. I'm not suggesting that guys run off and join the Michigan Militia and plan attacks against the nearest Social Security Office , but we should all have a plan to join up with our friends and family should things get weird, and armed citizens have to defend their homes.

Big +1
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Why would they get a gang to hold up a shopping mall?

Lets see, how about a multi million haul of loot that could have no apparent links to the terrorist group itself.. If a terrorist group funded such a thing, it would really be a thing of terror to the local community. And the gang would come oput with millions.

Did I really have to explain this ??
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, that all depends.  I think if the liberals get their way on the majority of the things they want to come about, then we will robably only have about maybe 15-25 years before our society either collapses or becomes oppressed (by the tyrannical gov.).
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Derka Derka Jihad Mooooohammed
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top